Pfefferbett Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 176, Berlin, Germany

Staff were rude and not that willing to help except For Lena who was approachable and friendly. Facilities were poor, showers regularly out of order, toilets regularly flooded, problems with locker doors in rooms and the actual key getting in. Wifi was regularly not working and had to be used in the common area.

Excellent location, just by a U banhof (metro station). Staff was very nice and helpful. A nice breakfast buffet for an additional fee. The downstairs lounge had a pleasant atmosphere. Several nice cafés close by. Would absolutely recommend this hostel.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Finland

I've stayed here a few times now. It is still hard to find. The rooms were warm and clean, but there were a lot of gnats in the drains of the showers. They weren't very clean. Wifi in the room would be nice. I did like that the beds are wooden, so the rooms are quieter at night. I also love the enforced quiet hours. It made it easy to sleep. I would stay here again, but i would hope the showers and bathrooms are cleaner.

I honestly think that this is one of the best hostels in berlin , i would never try to stay in any other hostel there.

Hostel had great atmosphere, very clean and modern.

Everything cool, but we had problems connecting to the wifi in the lobby - tried a few times during our stay. The staff told us that there were too many people using it. I know that discouraging wifi is now a trend in Berlin :-) but while at the hotel, we needed to do some city trip planning which was hard without the internet.

Staff were super helpful and nice, I liked the touch keys for the dorm rooms and the lockers. The afternoon lockout could be an issue for some but at least it means the place is getting cleaned up! Located in quite an interesting complex of buildings and businesses. I was out during the night but when I got back at 3 a.m. there were still people in the lobby, presumably to hang out and use the Wi-Fi.

The hostel is really nice - but I had the downstairs room number 8, and there's a lot of noise carrying through from the bar area at night - perhaps ensuring the door towards the stairs is kept closed might insulate somewhat from the noise?

This place has a surprisingly large number of elderly people living in it. Doesn't really feel like a 'youth hostel'

如果房間可以又Wi-Fi就會更好~

• 28th Nov 2014
  • China

Highly recommended.

Friendly staff, near the center (2stop with u-bahn), good atmospher and nice room (the dormitory with 6 people) !!!

Good, clean hostel. The two receptionists I met were friendly and. Staying in a four person room with its own shower was a plus.

Staff were great and was a easy place to meet others.

• 9th Nov 2014

Good staff, nice & clean. But not the best to meet and socialize with co-travellers. Good for couples and families.

Everyone is really easy going and so nice at this hostel, the environment is the best and there's a 24/7 bar, which is really conviniente. I wanna make an additional note to Joel, the bartender, who gave me and my friend some amazing tips on where to go out in Berlin and things like that. Only (kind of) negative thing I have to say is that we had to take the tube to everywhere we wanted go, but it was just across the street, so no big deal and Berlin's public transport system is really good.

This is THE hostel. Clean, great facilities. Staff super friendly and helpful. Best bed in all the hostels I ever been. Big rooms. Good lockers system and very big. The bathrooms were cleaned every day and in perfect condition. Food at the bar was a bit expensive (so as breakfast €6.5) but the quality and quantity was more than I expected for a hostel. The only weak point, no wifi in the room. If they fix that, it's a 10 out of 10. I would definitely stay again there. (mix shared room for 6)

Nice hostel ! This is the perfect place if you are planing to see the city at night because peoples are going to bed a little late. There is no kitchen available for you to cook. They have a restaurant and you can find some others not so far.

The double room en suite was very confortable. Great place to stay

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

very clean hostel, you just need to pay more attention to the showers, or to tell the guests to be more cleal with them. Although overall cleaning very good.