Pfefferbett Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 176, Berlin, Germany

2057 Total Reviews

Security: Locker and door tags work really well however the doors can remain open on occasion if you don't slam them so that is the only area they could look at. Location: Superb, next to lots of bars, food and opposite the underground. Very good. Staff: Mainly only came across the small blonde lady and the guy who was on her shift with the colourful t-shirts. Both really excellent and would always be on hand. Cleanliness: Under beds and bathrooms need a deep clean. Beds superb. Price: Great

• 25th Sep 2015

It was my first time staying in a hostel. It was quite nice it had a garden with a fire pit which was nice. The drinks were cheap and there was a buffet Breakfast for 6 euros which were also good. The rooms were clean and staff were helpful. Shower pressure wasn't great but it is a hostel so it wasn't too bad! Great stay there!

no wifi in the room, breakfast is also not cheap but a very good atmosphere

Had a great stay, the room was very large for a private double. Great location and the workers were very helpful. Had a bike rental onsite with cheaper prices compared to anywhere else I've seen in Berlin, €10 for 24 hours. Only complainants were I was woken up a few times with people slamming doors and the shower was interesting to saw the least; the button must be pushed about every 10 seconds to keep the water flowing. Even with that, I have already recommended it to other travelers looking.

the hostel has a good atmosphere, the staff is prepared to give us information about the city and they're very helpful as well. but the toilets were a bit dirty and the room was smelly.

Nice modern hostel with spacious dorms. Decent location, most staff members were nice and helpful. Clean rooms, good ensuite. Pricey but that is to be expected for Berlin. Overall good, would recommend.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The enquire bathrooms are a nice plus, and the room is well desgdesigned. Very comfy mattresses too. Also they give you a personal locker in your room which comes with an electronic key and everythineverything. I will definitely come back next time I'm in Berlin.

LOVE this hostel- it's in a great little courtyard with trendy restaurants, bars, and art galleries. Removed from the street so it doesn't feel very "city" which I loved (very very safe), but it's literally right across from a metro stop and a 2 minute ride to Alexanderplatz. Staff was great and the common room was the best I've seen. Would 10/10 stay here again and recommend to all my friends!

Really happy with my stay at this hostel. Beautiful location that is a little removed from the noisy street. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Would definitely recommend to others or would stay again myself.

• 10th Sep 2015

Great atmosphere, nice rooms, good breakfast, and excellent location.

Great location!

Excellent hostel and staff. Unfortunately the showers stank of urine the whole time I was there which is the only negative thing I have to say, if that was sorted it would be ace.

Clean, bright, modern hostel. In a great arts and restaurant precinct, and close to a metro stop. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I liked that the toilet and shower were separate in the ensuite rooms. The only annoying thing was that the wifi only worked in the downstairs common area, but it handled the load pretty well.

This was one of my favorite hostels from my month long backpacking trip, and it was one of the cheapest ones too! The staff are very attentive, the lobby is set up for meeting new people, and the pillows were so comfy! I would totally stay here again. My only complaint is that wifi didn't reach the bedrooms but that wasn't a huge deal since the lobby had so many places to sit.

Had a great stay! Shower was a bit gross. Beds were great. Great vibes! Great way to meet people in the common area/bar! Night staff a bit lazy, other than that it was a great place, for sure to stay again!

At the start of my stay at the hostel, I didn't find it all that social, despite the friendliness of the staff. If you want to make friends at this hostel you'll have to take initiative. The hostel could be made a lot more social friendly by having Benches inside instead of tables, which were quite secluded. Where it's based is beautiful, but it feels more like a hotel than a hostel I'm afraid. Overall, great stay, don't eat the food here also, it's bad.

• 21st Aug 2015

Very nice hostle. Good bar area down stairs not great for meeting people but there was a good scheme to help lone travelers meet up. Though the lack of WIFI in the rooms or cooking facilities was an inconvenience considering the price being charged.

Wish we could have stayed longer.

• 15th Aug 2015

The place is nice, maybe a bit too commercial. staff was bad. One receptionist was super unfriendly. My bag got lost (or stolen) in the main lobby. They didn't seem to care for a second. It took me 10 min to get someone to listen to me. told me he'll check around and just disappeared! They didn't let me do laundry after 10:00pm. I understand such a rule but it should be clearly told to guests in confirmation or in person. Showers smelled badly. Will look for another place next time in Berlin.

The place is an architectural site in itself. Clever repurposing of an old building and re thinking of its interior spaces. The staff members are all treasures. The most positive and helpful and humorous I have encountered in 5 Euro cities. I will let all my friends in U.S. about this cool and affordable option.