Pfefferbett Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 176, Berlin, Germany

This place is a bit pricey, but it's very nice. The bar and meals are reasonably cheap, but there's no communal kitchen which adds to the cost of staying here. Overall, the hostel is very clean and everything looks quite new. The lockers are very secure, beds are comfy, rooms are spacious. I ended up staying here longer than intended because I liked it so much.

Amazing experience! The best hostel in Berlin :) I am really happy, breakfast, atmosfere, people, services.. I had a lovely days there!

I have stayed here before and I really like this hostel. It's a bit hidden but has a very central location and is very well connected by U Bahn. The area is full of nice cafés and bars and the hostel itself is modern and clean. I guess the only thing that annoyed me was that several guests came into the dorm between 2-4 in morning on the Sunday night and decided to make a racket and turn the lights on. A bit more respect would be appreciated.

Absolutely no complaints, except well the electric guitars was missing the Small E string Cheap and affordable good enough location cannot complain

The hostel was ok. Only complain would be the staff that was not very helpfull in a few situatios, or seemed to be a little bothered when I needed some information. Maybe it was just an impression, but still. For the same price, I'd say there are better hostels around. Showers and bathrooms could be cleaner as well.

The bed is nice and facilities are clean. There is an OK bar downstairs, but to be honest it deters people from experiencing the plenty of better places to go out in Berlin mind you. Atmosphere is not great for meeting people and making friends. The wifi does not work in bedrooms, and the advertised internet cable facility in rooms is also non functional. It is a comfortable stay however if a bed and bathroom is all you are looking for.

This is a pretty cool hostel in a good location in a fabulous city. Comfortable beds, good lockers. Toilets kept getting clogged and weren't fixed speedily. And showers definitely warranted wearing shower shoes but hey, most travellers do this anyway. Staff were helpful in informing about all the cool places

not a bad hostel and close to a train station, but everyone very much kept to themselves

Staff were rude and not that willing to help except For Lena who was approachable and friendly. Facilities were poor, showers regularly out of order, toilets regularly flooded, problems with locker doors in rooms and the actual key getting in. Wifi was regularly not working and had to be used in the common area.

Excellent location, just by a U banhof (metro station). Staff was very nice and helpful. A nice breakfast buffet for an additional fee. The downstairs lounge had a pleasant atmosphere. Several nice cafés close by. Would absolutely recommend this hostel.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Finland

I've stayed here a few times now. It is still hard to find. The rooms were warm and clean, but there were a lot of gnats in the drains of the showers. They weren't very clean. Wifi in the room would be nice. I did like that the beds are wooden, so the rooms are quieter at night. I also love the enforced quiet hours. It made it easy to sleep. I would stay here again, but i would hope the showers and bathrooms are cleaner.

I honestly think that this is one of the best hostels in berlin , i would never try to stay in any other hostel there.

Hostel had great atmosphere, very clean and modern.

Everything cool, but we had problems connecting to the wifi in the lobby - tried a few times during our stay. The staff told us that there were too many people using it. I know that discouraging wifi is now a trend in Berlin :-) but while at the hotel, we needed to do some city trip planning which was hard without the internet.

Staff were super helpful and nice, I liked the touch keys for the dorm rooms and the lockers. The afternoon lockout could be an issue for some but at least it means the place is getting cleaned up! Located in quite an interesting complex of buildings and businesses. I was out during the night but when I got back at 3 a.m. there were still people in the lobby, presumably to hang out and use the Wi-Fi.

The hostel is really nice - but I had the downstairs room number 8, and there's a lot of noise carrying through from the bar area at night - perhaps ensuring the door towards the stairs is kept closed might insulate somewhat from the noise?

This place has a surprisingly large number of elderly people living in it. Doesn't really feel like a 'youth hostel'

如果房間可以又Wi-Fi就會更好~