Phan Anh Backpackers Hostel Reviews

373/6 Pham Ngu Lao Ward, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Overall it was comfortable for that kind of price. Should have a water dispenser of hot water for lady guess whom wont go out at night to make a glass of hot chocolate .

• 9th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Lovely clean hostel with good bathrooms and comfy beds - breakfast is also a bonus. Nice and quiet which is rare in Saigon!

The bathrooms weren´t very clean. Dorms sometimes were cleaned and sometimes not. Breakfast was served in the kitchen, a little unconfortable, as staff was always eating while we were there.

Perfect location in the centre but in an alley so away from noise. this made it a little hard to find but was helped by a local :). Very clean and very safe!!!

it is OK EXCEPT the fact that it is almost impossible to have a cup of the for breakfast or anytime. All funny drinks are at hand BUT NOT THE. Why??? Even to make staff understand that you ant the and not cold latte with ice or a can of coke is very hard, very hard

A/c and WiFi didn't work... Zero social areas. Otherwise a great spot!

The hostel was pretty good daily cleaned rooms and the breakfast was nice as well as very good air con. We booked an overnight bus to Phnom Penh through the front desk and it was the worst experience of the entire trip. We asked for the best possible bus for the long trip and checked that it was clean and had good facilities and a toilet and paid about 50% more for it as well as a 'special Tet fee' and got the complete opposite with a dirty unclean and unsafe bus. It ruined our experience.

Staff there are helpful and friendly. If I travel the only concern is the cleanliness of the bathroom and it's good. Highly recommended.

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Hong Kong

Comfortable beds and an overall clean room with a private bathroom and fresh towels every day. Free breakfast every morning. Good location that is close to the main city area yet relatively undisturbed by the noise pollution. Very friendly, nice, and helpful staff who tried their best to offer excellent service despite their slightly limited grasp of English. The lockers in the rooms are safe and secure so you can be rest assured that your belongings will be safe whilst you tour the city.

I really like this hostel.. Staff is really friendly and accomodating - they make sure you have everything that you need. When I was about to check out, they even phoned a taxi service for me to bring me to the airport and told me it would be there in 2 minutes; they were not kidding as the cab indeed arrived within 2 mins. They have decent breakfast, wifi, huge lockers where I easily kept my luggage and another medium sized bag. Will definitely stay here again if I come back to HCM. :-)

there is a hot water in facilities but in reality no hot water. they provided towels but they were torn and not clean. In bathroom there were a lot of ants. No actualy storage room, you have to store your luggage in the kitchen where everyone can come.

Very friendly and clean place to stay. The location is great, also. The only thing is that I booked a male dorm and was put in a mixed dorm. Will stay here on my next trip to Saigon.

Staff are friendly, especially the boys are pretty cute, haha! I'm glad to see the lift, honestly, 'cause my luggage was too heavy. Room is very clean and bright. I love the A/C!!!

A great place to stay, the staff was friendly and the room and bathroom were REALLY CLEAN!! I also liked the locker and I felt like my things were safe there. Breakfast was ok but I didn't like the fact that I could only select one food item!

The room was fine but the shower wasn't great. The staff was very nice/friendly but not super helpful when it came to asking about the city. They through a very nice party for the entire hostel on New Years eve with food/drinks etc. which was very nice of them.

The Phan Anh backpacker hostel is one of the best hostels I had so far while traveling asia. It`s not about the facilities, but about the friendly staff. They tried to help wherever they could. For new year`s eve they organized a huge BBQ-Dinner. When my friend was robbed, they took us to the police, translated everything so there were no problems. The rooms were cleaned everyday and the towels were changed daily too. So this hostel is probably the best choice in Ho-Chi-Minh-City.