Phan Anh Backpackers Hostel Reviews

373/6 Pham Ngu Lao Ward, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

very very very good ! i really appreciate this hostel.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Good location and nice hostel but lack atmosphere

Good location near the local market. Comfortable beds. Hot showers. When I booked, I requested a female dorm but was put in a mixed dorm. nbd but they should have different options when booking. Easy to party here or sleep peacefully.

Great Location. Walking distance to almost anyway. AVOID getting scammed by the Taxi Drivers. Hostel staff maybe needs to increase knowledge of English a little. Otherwise, nice cool room, pleasant staff, nice how its in a little hidden alley.

neat little hostel. good location in backpacker area but also quiet enough to sleep. very clean and good value for money

Great hostel and great location and twice as good for the price. Could not have hot showers though as there was no hot water

• 21st Jul 2015

Great location and nice quiet rooms with good air con for a bit of chill time, Small common area but lots of other buzzing hostels around like the hideout hostel which runs its own bar crawl, so can go party there if you want, but you also have a relaxing peaceful room at phan anh to sleep it off! Very nice

The staff is super helpful and friendly. They told me were to go around town and offered to take me along to some of their favorite places. Also they helped me to arrange my further travels. In addition, they have big lockers and the shower is amazing!

We really enjoyed our time at Phan An, the happy hour was a great way to meet new people. The location just a stones throw from the backpackers area was great for food and a party ! Staff were helpful and helped us book train travel :)

Really nice and quiet little hostel with great staff and good facilities! Had a great stay here :)

great place! clean rooms and bathroom, good ac, good location, friendly and helpful staff and a nice daily free drink.the only thing i didn't like it's that they don't change the blanket on departure which is a bit gross

Bery friendly staff who were informative and helped me with all my questions regarding ho chi minh city, as well as other areas in vietnam.

It was a pleasent stay. the room are little bit small but we just wen`t there for sleeping so it was totally okay. the bathroom is nice and clean, also the shower is good. the staff is very friendly and helpful. I`d forgot my book there and they keep it for me so i can pick it up two weeks later. all in all it was a very nice place to stay. if i come to hcmc again, i definetly would go there again

• 24th Mar 2015

Heart of Saigon,excellent location close to the bus stations.The staff helpful, friendly,honest. Welcoming atmosphere. Clean dorms with lockers(key provided), clean bathroom. Nice design in the corridor. Teasty beakfast. I wanted to stay for a night but extended my stay because I was satisfied with the service. I booked tours, taxi from them and the prices are ok. I would recommend this place. Thanks.

Pros Friendly staff, great wifi, Air Con, good location, very clean Cons, common area is a bit small

• 13th Mar 2015

Only issues were the common area was practically nonexistent and the dorm for 6 girls quite small. Staff very helpful and nice, positioned down a quiet safe alleyway.

I booked a female dorm but when I wanted to check in they told me that there is no female dorm available for me.I had to stay in another hostel.The staff helped me with my luggage but of course I was not happy having to stay in a place differernt to what I've booked.I always research my hostel carefully &then having to stay somwhere else is very disappointing.After one night in the other place I was able to move back.They did not offer any kind of compensation to me.But finally I enjoyed my stay

Good location, clean bedrooms. Ensuite bathrooms can get a bit messy when sharing but are maintained and cleaned daily which keeps on top of it. Happy hour with one free beer each every night. Good wifi, average breakfast. Decent location, most attractions a walkable distance away. Really friendly and helpful staff.