Phan Lan 2 Reviews

283/6 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I enjoyed my stay in Phan Lan 2. The staff is very kind, my room was clean, as well as the bathroom. I checked out in the morning, but my flight was in the evening. I could take a nice shower and leave my bag in the hostel.

This was great location... it was backpacker city and very close to restaurants and markets. Phan Lan had great customer service. We booked our tours through them (chu chi tunnels, city tour, and Mekong Delta), great English speaking desk, we the laundry service, good ac, hot showers, free breakfast(I always had the noodles), and they exchanged our dollars for us. We were on the 5th floor, the highest floor, there is no elevator. So you'll get a good workout if you're on that floor.

Great service. Staff were extremely helpful&kind. They couldn't do enough for you. Would highly recommend to other travellers/backpackers

• 21st Jul 2015

Good place, in the middle of the backpacker area. Is in walking distance to everything, and really nice staff at reception. the room was tiny and dark, but decent. We arranged our Mekong Delta tour through them, which cannot be recommended though.

Nice place close to the main streets in Pham Ngu Lao. It's backstreet location makes it a little more quite than most other places.

Very friendly and helpful staff. I would definitely recommend it.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The hotel is located in the backpacker district but in a side street that's why it is yet calm. The staff is friendly, some of them speak English and the room was clean but could need a renovation. Yet the beds were comfortable and everything works. The breakfast is not special okay and the coffee is awesome. Since there is no bar or similar it is not a good place to meet people.

• 16th Jul 2015

Booked extra nights here, great location around the corner from hideout hostel and bar so still able to do everything they do. Atmosphere not as lively as hideout but still a very nice stay with lovely staff

Great staff, very nice and helpful. I did not like how you have to leave the key at the front desk each time you leave. Other than that, great location right next to restaurants and bars. Great breakfast served as well.

• 8th Jul 2015

Great place to stay. We really enjoyed our time there. The staff is very friendly and helpful! Would stay there again.

good value for money here. Location is excellent, staff were friendly and arranged trips/travel. We had a really clean, comfy room with a TV which is always a bonus. I'd stay here again for sure. Breakfast was a tad basic but free so always good. A hotel rather than a hostel. Can walk to major attractions from here.

I and my 7 friends (backpackers) had a GREAT experience here. The people at the desk were incredibly friendly & helpful, recommending places to get clothes tailored, phones repaired, cabs to book, etc. whenever we asked. They were very helpful in helping us sell our 7 motorbikes, offering assistance on making posters, telling us how to advertise, and aiding us in comparing prices. As it is a hotel, there is definitely not the party vibe of a hostel, but rooms were very clean and it's super safe!

• 26th May 2015

Nice place, clean and safe. Very helpful staff. They help us buying bus tickets to Cambodia and everything worked fine! Recommended

This hotel was great value for money in a brilliant location to explore Ho Chi Minh City. The staff were really friendly and provided a good breakfast to kick start the day. All the sights are within walking distance, the bars and restaurants are right next door. The only downside was the hotel was way to expensive for tours, laundry and exchange rate.

We would like to explain you that we book the tour with TNK travel. This is a well-known company. It has new bus and the tour guide speak good English. We are sorry that you didn't book the tour with us. So you did not have experience with this company.You booked the tour across the street which was 1USD cheaper..The laundry in our hotel was used the reliable washing powder (not use bleach liquid as the laundry service down the road).We update the exchange rate everyday.This way is for fair

This place was great, the lady so helpful. Met some british birds one of the boys got laid. Excellent location. Not a party hostel but overall schmicko

• 18th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very helpful staff, clean comfortable rooms, great breakfast included. Close to the backpacker area but not right on the bustling street which is nice.

The only con was having to walk up 3 flight of stairs, but most hostels have the exact same setup, so I cant complain. The facilities are extremely clean, it is centrally located for backpackers, and staff was as helpful as we would've wanted. There are many great places to stay in Saigon, and this is definitely one of them. Haven't read any reviews, but if there are any negative reviews, I can guarantee they were isolated incidents. We had a great stay with no issues whatsoever. Highly recommen

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They booked all of our trips for us, gave us lots of information and when we came back to stay for an extra night they gave us an upgraded room free of charge. I would definitely stay here again.

Is a great place to stay on a budget, walking distance to sites and anything you could need. Staff are great and helpful and rooms are clean.

This is standard lay out for hotels in HCMC. Its in the center of the back packers district and the staff are really helpful and lovely. Good value for money, would recomend this hotel