Phi Phi Arboreal Resort Reviews

125/148 Moo 7 Ao-Nang ,Muang, Krabi, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

The location is a bit inconvenient or secluded (depending on how you look at it). The resort is located at the top of a crazy flight of stairs. It's a good workout, but also a pain to deal with on a hot or rainy day. A bit overpriced for the atmosphere and location. There is no WiFi in the rooms, you'll need to go to the lobby. I booked a few extra days in case but didn't end up using it, they didn't want to give me a refund. I wouldn't stay here again but it wasn't a horrible experience.

Phi phi is a paradise! We had arranged for someone from the hotel to pick us up at the ferry but we couldn't find them when we arrived. Lots of stairs but the view is worth it! Clean rooms and friendly staff.

This place is a mixed bag. The room was good & facilities good,however there was a constant noise from building work& from the staff sitting around on the steps chatting. No one met us at the port when we arrived so we had to carry our luggage and try find the place. First morning we were woken at 7:30am by someone trying to get in our room (breakfast hadn't even started). The staff seemed disorganised and the pictures don't match what it actually looks like. Not worth the money you pay for it!

Front desk Clark was not friendly. As I was leaving she charges me an additional 40 for 2 water bottles I drank in my room that I thought were complimentary and I asked if I could not get charged and she said F* you, to me. I felt very uncomfortible with the front desk girl. But the view was prettie nice and it was prolly the only place in pee pee that was a quit nights sleep.

• 13th Jun 2015

The Hotel itself is amazing. I came here with a boyfriend & when they saw us together politely asked us to wait five minutes in the lobby, when we got inside they had flowers in the shape up a heart and lotus's floating in our sink. (Clichè) but I was very giddy and pleased... Every time we got home they knocked on our door with a fresh plate of food and there is always someone there to carry your luggage up and down the stairs. The stairs are horrible though. No joke Ithey are not fun at all.

• 9th Jun 2015

Really great view from this location, but as other reviews mention, the stairs can be a killer in the high heats! We found that it was well worth the view, distance from the "party" part of the island, and proximity to the viewpoint.

Apart from the strenuous (with bags) trek to get there up the stairs, it's a beautiful place with friendly staff. Loved the stay. You really can't beat the view either.

Since the hostel is located a little bit up the mountain, it provides a beautiful overlook of the island. The location was great because it was out of the way in a quieter part of the island. I am not the party type, so I liked being out of the way. Beware though, the climb up the stairs is short, but if you're not in decent-ish shape, it will get annoying after a while. Otherwise, this is a great place. The facilities are fantastic and the staff is great. Totally recommended.