Phil Guesthouse Reviews

Guui 76-14 (Cheonhodaero 130 gil), Gwangjingu, Seoul, South Korea

I think the Phil's Guesthouse is an excellent hostel. It was very cheap so I was very surprised by how much it felt like a hotel. I stayed in the 8 male room and I could take an elevator from the street to my floor. In the room there was a high tech toilet with a warmed up seat and a bide function; there was also a dishwasher, a refridgerator, a tv, a balcony and I believe a sink and a stove. It was very much worth the money. The only negative is that it's pretty far from everything else.

I've stayed at a few hostels in Korea before (Jeju, Busan), and this was my first time staying at a hostel in Seoul. I was surprised at how expansive and high quality the place was (it reminded me of a small independent hotel) for the price. The location is top notch (24/7 convenience store below, subway station only a minute's walk away and one stop away from Uniqlo AX on Line 5) and the staff was friendly. Make sure to keep your stuff safe.

I stayed in a Standard 8 Bed Female Dorm for 5 days, overall I am pretty satisfied with everything. It was actually much better than what I expect for the price I paid. But... I just wish the room has a better ventilation system, because the girls are doing their laundry and since it wasn't a dry clean laundry, when they hang their clothes inside the room, it produce some kind of damp mildew smell and that smell remain there for days. If it wasn't for that, my stay would have been perfect.

i would def recommend the hotel again! everything was very clean, next to this breakfast, using computers and internet was for free. the dorm even had a fridge, own bathroom, tv, shelves, desks,.. the only thing was that the beds seemed a little unstable. so whenever i moved a little bit in the bed i ws a little scared it could break ;)

A hostel with excellent facilities (washing machine, own bathroom for each dorm, fridge). Located very close to Achasan Station and situated just above a convenience store (Family Mart). Good value for your money.