Phil's Haven Reviews

Rua do Lazareto 148, Funchal, Portugal

Very nice mansion, but not very good located. The Hosts are very friendly and helpful! Thank you for the nice stay

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

No doubt the friendliest place on the island and a joy to stay there. The multilingual owner is a font of knowledge about what to do on the island. Best backpackers hostel at which I have stayed in Europe. He also does a marvellous rum punch

I stayed at Phil's Haven for several days whilst I was preparing to run an ultramarathon in Madeira and I had a great time there! The hostel is clean, fun friendly and the owners are just fantastic. Phil and his partner Anna take a real interest in their guests and go out of their way to try and help you. I would really recommend this hostel to anyone that is travelling to Madeira - and I will be back again :)

• 10th Apr 2014