Phoenix Hostel Buzios Reviews

Rua Engenheiro Hugo de Matos, 8,Geriba, Buzios, RJ, Buzios, Brazil

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Jonas is one of the nicest, kind, generous person I have ever encountered during my travels. He was more than happy to help us with whatever we needed, whether it be changing our bus ticket, recommending places to eat, or driving us to the bus stop. I am so happy we chose this hostel and if I ever go back I will definitely stay here. Plus, he has the cutest dog ever!!!

• 6th Jul 2014

Amazing! I stayed here for 4 nights during the World Cup in June and it was the best hostel I stayed in by far! I travelled alone but it's a great place to meet new people and the owner Jonas is absolute Gentleman. He made me feel at home here..very welcoming. The hostel has a pool and really nice grounds. It's ideal for chilling out and is right beside the beautiful Geriba beach. Don't worry about not being in the centre of Buzios..the beach here is nicer and it's really easy to get in and out.

Very nice hostel with everything and more you need and wish for in a hostel. Kitchen, pool, safetyboxes, bar, daytours and barbecues at night. Close to the best beach in Buzious and close by there are mini vans frequently in to the town.

I had a great weekend with Jonas and friends. It's as if he invites you to his own home and dedicates his day to his guests. He took us on a buggy tour around the peninsula, ending the day with a barbecue at the hostel. The garden provides an excellent stage for relaxing after a day at the beach or a party night in town, with a swimming pool, bar and some lounge music. The (bath)rooms are spacious and clean, just what you need. For those who enjoy good company, this hostel is an amazing place.

• 4th Dec 2013

The hostel is super close to Geriba which is he best beach in Buzios but it also means you have to take one of the local mini vans to get to the town (which is easy enough as they are coming in less than 2 minute rythm and cost 2 Reais), but you have to decide what you want. The hostel is super nice, good facilities, Jonas is super nice and helpful and our stay all around was great. I would recommend it!

the hostel is very modern , there is a swimmingpool, barbecue etc. in the garden, breakfast is average, ham, cheese, cake and bread, the tv was not funcioning properly and there were only two sofas. the owner was kind and friendly but not always there. The offered boat tour was nice, it lasted 3 hours, barbecue was included. Would recommend it.

This is rhe best hostel I have ben to. Everything is so pretty and relaxed- from the owner to the decor. I strongly recommend this hostel

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in! Large clean white rooms and beautiful outside area with garden and pool, not to mention the best dog in the world- Terix! The owner, Jonas, goes out of his way to make your stay comfortable and is extremely generous and helpful. Absolutely loved it!

We have spent a great time!! Jonas is really nice, the space is well care and clean. The hostel is near to the best beach, Geriba.

• 4th Apr 2013
  • Argentina

We had the best stay here thanks to Jonas and the great rooms. Big clean rooms, white linen, lots of space and light, real bathroom with a huge glass shower. Jonas went out of his way to help us, including organizing a private boast tour of the coast, complete with barbecue. We had an amazing stay - what a relief after our gritty Rio hostel!

• 14th Feb 2013
  • South Africa

We were a group of 4 and the house is beautifull, clean very close to Geribá beach which is one of the best arround buzios, Jonas was very helpful and breakfast delicious as all the food in brazil. I definitelly recommmend this hostel.

Helpful staff and new hostal with pool aerea

The Hostel is Great. Few minutes walking from Geriba beach. Great Atmosphere. Jonas, the owner, is very friendly and helpfull. Highly recommend

This hostel is the most beautiful I've visited. There was almost no one there because it was a weekday. I hope they have many guests every day.

very nice hostel. clean, with swimming pool. big room, with bathroom, and view to the garden, with hamac. the staff is very simpatic. it´s a quiet place to relax, close to the beach. maybe a little bit far from the center (15min by bus).

This hostel is simply perfect. Everything was very (very) clean. The location is easy to access and you can walk to the Geriba beach, many different restaurants, a food market, etc. The only thing you have to choose is wich surf school (there's actually many in the area) you want ! We went on a boogy tour all around the pennynsula! We saw something like 23 beaches, drank good beer and whatch all the good looking people on beaches. For real, this hostel is awesome ! I strongly recommand it !!

• 11th Apr 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this hostel. It is the BEST hostel I have ever stayed in, the cleanest, the friendliest, in an amazing location, with friendly helpful staff. The showers were great, spotlessly clean. All rooms seem to have a shower en-suite. I will for sure stay here again. (I am already planning my return trip to Buzios & Geriba)

Very clean, right by the beach - easy to get a bus into town, laid back owner and staff, rooms are large and very comfortable, lots of facilities, nice drinks - great times

Great place, excellent location, staff very friendly. The bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean and big. I recommend this place to anyone that whises to stay close to Geriba Beach

This is a great hostel. Rooms are big and clean, the garden belonging to the hostel is great to relax, it even has a pool. Staff is very friendly and is even offering tours to all of Buzios great beaches or Cabo Frio. Weekly barbecue was great, we met many other travelers there. Facilities (kitchen...) were all good and clean, also great breakfast buffet. We'd absolutely recommend Phoenix Hostel :)