Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

The Phoenix is a great place to stay in London. It's very close to transport, it's clean and secure and you'll be hard pressed to find a place with better value for money. The bar downstairs is awesome and if Josh is around you'll have a blast.

I met different staff every day and they're quite helpful. It's close to Baker street tube and Paddington. The breakfast is a good deal for me. The wifi is the most disappointed thing ever! Almost no connection every time. Prepare earplugs because the bed room will almost certainly be noisy. But it's acceptable value for money.

I stayed at Phoenix for one night and it was better than I had expected. Sleeping in a 10+ people dorm it wasn't the best night in terms of uninterrupted sleep, but the staff was really helpful and the facilities were ok.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Poland

I loved my stayed there and the stuff was great especially jonathan

My stay there was awesome! The place it is well located and the people who works there are awesome! Jonathan at the reception was very helpful with a lot of tips

Extended stay was good place to start my time in London. Great staff especially paul, mia and Josh

• 7th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

I liked the fact every memeber of the staff was very polite and ready to help. i arrived early on Sunday morning and had to spend a couple of hours until my check-in. The receptionist kindly offered me the wifi code. Also, as there was a football match on, the bar/reception was filled with eager fans, thus my check-in was delayed by other 30 minutes. The manager personally appologized to me and offered me free drinks.

Spectacular value for money! As good as any other hostel in London and way cheaper!

Jonatan was great !!!!! The hostel too. Thank you

They are so strict with no taking anything into you room ... they even took my bottle of water but they did clean the windows since there is a hostel.

Guys, I really enjoyed my time. Everybody is really receptive and friendly over there. It was a great stay in london, and also I think quite cheap (or London standards I thought). The only thing that is kind of a problem but they can't solve it is that you can't bring your alcohol from outside in, but I think it is an inherent thing when you have a friggin PUB in the middle of the hostel which is cool but more expensive. Anyways, keep up the good work, it was really a good stay.

Pretty good hostel in zone 1 of London. The location is okay, there are bars and shops closeby, and the common room is nice. The rooms are pretty small though. so I think it's better to not stay too long (i spent 2 nights)

Fun atmosphere at the downstairs bar. Staff were really friendly and helpful, Central location and great value for money!

Just one night there to catch the bus to the airport. Just perfect for this case. Would recommend.

I love my stay during here . Everyone is so nice, and matt at night shift is especially helpful and welcoming. Highly recommended

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in! This is true because I have been back multiple times! The atmosphere is really chill and the common area is really roommy. The vibe is always positive, and beds are comfy. But what makes this hostel stand out to me, is the staff. They are absolutely amazing! Mia, Jason, Paul and Matt are all fantastic! They all go out of their way to make us feel welcome. There are a few more staff members but in my time there I didn't see them much. Thumbs up!

Lovely hostel, very cosy place, staff is polite and kind. I really enjoyed this hostel. Great Location to just about anything and everything you want to go do and see. Highly recommend. Would like to stay here again next trip to London.

It's a good hostel welcoming, withe a nice person particularly john very friendly. Cheers team

• 2nd Feb 2015

This hostel was fairly standard. The best thing about it was the location, which is absolutely perfect, so close to so many different touristy spots. The internet was an absolute joke, if you want a hostel with wifi, don't pick here as it didn't work 99% of the time. When it did happen to work it was extremely slow. The other issue was the water, a few times during my stay they ran out of water, the showers were often cold. The staff were always friendly, had no issues there.

This place is awesome! I try to come back here as much as I can when I am in London. The staff here are truly amazing. They go out of their way to help us with anything we need, and are very friendly. The common area is very relaxing and unlike many hostels, their wifi works! Beds are comfortable and toilets work well. Showers could be a little stronger, but otherwise, perfect place to stay! AWESOME STAFF!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4