8.0
Fabulous 1,811 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 1,811 Total Reviews
Phoenix Hostel Located at 6 Daventry Street, , London.
England
London NW1 5NX 6 Daventry Street
80% 1811
51.5212278 -0.1667690
    Rooms available

19th Sep 2016

This hostel is located in pub, the staff were nice, they did not know very much information for touring the city. The beds were very squeaky, sleeping was difficult if there was a lot of movement. I did notice some mold in the tops of the showers. Overall worth the money spent, but I would probably pay more to be someplace a little cleaner.

19th Sep 2016

Absolutely loved this place and will be staying here any time I'm in London from now on. Whether you're a tourist visiting London or work in London it's in the ideal location. The area is a busy one just off a main road and so always feels very safe and the atmosphere is great. I made friends almost instantly and they even gave out free beer! The staff were great and the rooms and bathrooms had everything you need. I'll be going back without a doubt.

• Israel, Male, 25-30
15th Sep 2016
4.9

All Cons, except the location. 1) Check In - In every backpacker hostel I've been in the world(!), the staff will give you a bed if they have one available, even if it's before the official check in time. not in Phoenix Hostel. We arrived half hour before check in (2pm!) and were not allowed to enter the room although it was clear no cleaning was going on, it was just for the sake of principle. 2) The 14 bed dorm is clearly not suited to 14 people. it's small, cramped, and has only 1(!) shower

14th Sep 2016

The staff was great and the price was hard to beat. Good value breakfast for 2 pounds. Location was good too within walking distance of Hyde park and regents park.

14th Sep 2016

Great hostel. I stayed here for only one night, but it worked great. Great staff, clean and comfortable beds, though a bit tight at times with all the people. The bathrooms were also a bit dirty, I didn't like walking around in my bare feet. Great atmosphere as well. Just a good hostel, I'd stay there again easy enough.

• USA, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2016

I originally decided to stay here because of how cheap it is and the location. I figured it would be an absolute dump, but I was totally wrong. The atmosphere was great and the staff were super friendly. My only complaint in a 6 day stay was that 3 of the nights our room was filled with the loud snores of some middle-aged guy (but that's hostel life for you).

4th Sep 2016

I stay in hostels quite often when I have rehearsals in London and this is definetly one of the better budget friendly ones I've stayed at! Super friendly and helpful staff, nice atmosphere with kind people, big squashy sofas and big tv, and all the amenities you need such as microwave, kettle etc. Breakfast was £2 and was absolutely fine - tea, coffee, toast, cereals, yoghurts etc. I will happily stay here again :)

2nd Sep 2016

Great staff! Really welcoming atmosphere, as a young girl staying on my own I felt perfectly safe. Great location as well. No time restrictions for check in sopens you can really enjoy London without the worry.

• tamarakerr
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2016

My night here was so awesome! Best atmosphere when you walk in, the staff were so lovely and accomodating! Bathroom was a bit mouldy but breakfast, beers and bed was good! Simon was so lovely to us when we stumbled in at 3 or 4 in the morning, was warm and really welcoming! As was Tommy when we arrived at the hostel. Will definitely come back!

• Poland, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2016

Great place! Close to main attractions of the city, peaceful and calm at night. Best staff ever. They're very polite and helpful, especially Scotty. The best value to price ratio in central London.