Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

LOVED IT!!!! The staff were pretty frigging amazing, especially the assistant manager with his cheesy check in jokes (licking the dishes clean!!!). Great location, everything is easy to get to via bus, foot, or tube. Maddame Tussards, Abbey Road and Lords Cricket are an easy 15-20 min walk away at most.Tesco is just around the corner. Only things to complain about are the tripple bunks, only a microwave for cooking, and no external alcohol, but the bar is cheap!!! Too cheap - Head hurts!!!

• 26th Jul 2015

Very helpful and friendly staff!

Thank you very much for your awesome review! :-D Definitely come back and see us again the next time you're in London; we'd love to have you!

The staff is friendly & kind just one thing the room was wet so you must to sleep with the windows open and the wifi is little slow sometimes but the location is very good

The bedroom was not so clean and there were no curtains. The bathrooms are small and also not so clean. The kitchen consists of only a microwave and a fridge placed in the common room.

Really good place to go for a few nights. Rooms quite cramped through and the bathrooms and showers could do with an upgrade. Handy location to everything, and the staff are awesome!

• 20th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

No towels or locks. Bathrooms were gross. Split my group up. It was cheap and close to the tube

• 19th Jul 2015

Served a purpose for location at Lord's Cricket ground but other than that a very bleak and boring hostel.

• 18th Jul 2015

I was only there for a night but the staff was great and it is well located ! The metro station is 2min from the Hostel and many touristic spots are also close from there !!

• 17th Jul 2015

Very inexpensive and you do get what you pay for. Showers were not very clean but rooms were. Expect up to 14 people crammed in quite a small space but with ample floor room to walk around on. Not much in the way of anywhere to keep your luggage. Big issue with security when we were there - phones and tablets stolen from charging and a camera stolen out of a bag. Someone tried to break into the locker I shared with my friend. Not the hostel's fault and they were very helpful. 10/10 location!

Me and my friend stayed here for three nights, previously being at many other hostels as this was our last stop before going home and we both agreed it was the worst one we have ever stayed in. The atmosphere was very bad and we didn't end up metting anyone, our stuff got stolen and the bathrooms were quit disgusting. I also don't recommend this hostel for its location, it is way too far out from the main attractions and you have to walk a fair bit to get to transit that can take you closer.

• 11th Jul 2015

Day after day the showers would stop working while I was in them. I would be about to rinse off after having the water on for 2 minutes and the water would stop flowing. I paid 5 pounds to rent a towel that had not been washed yet and was covered with green lint and fuzzies all over my body. The one cool thing about this hostel is the pub downstairs, but it closed at 10pm so there was no real meeting anyone at the end of a day of tourist exploration. The hostel was not clean or courteous.

Hostel in a great location. Good beds. The staff our great, their happy to answer any questions. Enjoyed my time here.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for the awesome review! We had so much fun having you here and hope you'll come back and see us again!

Location was very good. It just takes 5 minutes to walk to the park, tube supermarket. But I felt uncomfortable because of the staff, It was an unwelcome atmosphere because of one guy, he did not greet me. The rooms = mall and crammed. It was okay for sleeping. There was no shelf space for your things. The lockers were too small and you cant lock it, so dont forget to bring a locker with you. Bathroom + toilet = sticky, small, no shelf = everything is too old.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Decent hostel, it didn't stand out as anything special but the location was really good and it has a nice communal pub area downstairs. The dorms were cramped, showers and bathrooms were old and needed a thorough clean and there isn't a kitchen! Just a microwave and fridge.

The staff is great. Always attentive and friendly. Also, you have lockers to leave your most important and expensive stuff (bring a padlock with you). Don't forget flip flops (as I did) for the showers. They are not the cleanest on Earth plus, you don't want to walk around barefoot... The neighbourhood is just PERFECT! Circle line takes you anywhere and the hotel is just two blocks away from the tube station. AAA+ if you ask me ;-)

• 30th Jun 2015

the bed is comfortable, but the bathrooms don't feel very clean and it's very old, the two yound workers are very nice friendly, but if you don't have a tower you can't rent there, must pay 5 pounds to buy a crapy one! that really made me unhappy! now I am still using it!!!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • China

Check in takes excessively long, otherwise, no complaints

• 22nd Jun 2015

CONS: Extremely disappointed in the hostel. Don't understand why it has so many high reviews & people in my room had the same opinion. Rooms are small- triple bunks of the cheapest quality. The screeching metal of other beds would even wake me up, despite wearing earplugs. I left cuz I couldn't sleep. Bathrooms are TINY and very dirty! 2 of the bathrooms had blood stains on the floor everywhere. Bad atmosphere at the bar- many people but no one talks to each other..PROs: cheap and good location

It was a home away from home. Paul was great, making us feel very welcome.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6