Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Very helpful and friendly staff!

Really good place to go for a few nights. Rooms quite cramped through and the bathrooms and showers could do with an upgrade. Handy location to everything, and the staff are awesome!

• 20th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

No towels or locks. Bathrooms were gross. Split my group up. It was cheap and close to the tube

• 19th Jul 2015

I was only there for a night but the staff was great and it is well located ! The metro station is 2min from the Hostel and many touristic spots are also close from there !!

• 17th Jul 2015

Very inexpensive and you do get what you pay for. Showers were not very clean but rooms were. Expect up to 14 people crammed in quite a small space but with ample floor room to walk around on. Not much in the way of anywhere to keep your luggage. Big issue with security when we were there - phones and tablets stolen from charging and a camera stolen out of a bag. Someone tried to break into the locker I shared with my friend. Not the hostel's fault and they were very helpful. 10/10 location!

Me and my friend stayed here for three nights, previously being at many other hostels as this was our last stop before going home and we both agreed it was the worst one we have ever stayed in. The atmosphere was very bad and we didn't end up metting anyone, our stuff got stolen and the bathrooms were quit disgusting. I also don't recommend this hostel for its location, it is way too far out from the main attractions and you have to walk a fair bit to get to transit that can take you closer.

• 11th Jul 2015

Day after day the showers would stop working while I was in them. I would be about to rinse off after having the water on for 2 minutes and the water would stop flowing. I paid 5 pounds to rent a towel that had not been washed yet and was covered with green lint and fuzzies all over my body. The one cool thing about this hostel is the pub downstairs, but it closed at 10pm so there was no real meeting anyone at the end of a day of tourist exploration. The hostel was not clean or courteous.

Hostel in a great location. Good beds. The staff our great, their happy to answer any questions. Enjoyed my time here.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for the awesome review! We had so much fun having you here and hope you'll come back and see us again!

Location was very good. It just takes 5 minutes to walk to the park, tube supermarket. But I felt uncomfortable because of the staff, It was an unwelcome atmosphere because of one guy, he did not greet me. The rooms = mall and crammed. It was okay for sleeping. There was no shelf space for your things. The lockers were too small and you cant lock it, so dont forget to bring a locker with you. Bathroom + toilet = sticky, small, no shelf = everything is too old.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Decent hostel, it didn't stand out as anything special but the location was really good and it has a nice communal pub area downstairs. The dorms were cramped, showers and bathrooms were old and needed a thorough clean and there isn't a kitchen! Just a microwave and fridge.

• 30th Jun 2015

the bed is comfortable, but the bathrooms don't feel very clean and it's very old, the two yound workers are very nice friendly, but if you don't have a tower you can't rent there, must pay 5 pounds to buy a crapy one! that really made me unhappy! now I am still using it!!!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • China

Check in takes excessively long, otherwise, no complaints

• 22nd Jun 2015

CONS: Extremely disappointed in the hostel. Don't understand why it has so many high reviews & people in my room had the same opinion. Rooms are small- triple bunks of the cheapest quality. The screeching metal of other beds would even wake me up, despite wearing earplugs. I left cuz I couldn't sleep. Bathrooms are TINY and very dirty! 2 of the bathrooms had blood stains on the floor everywhere. Bad atmosphere at the bar- many people but no one talks to each other..PROs: cheap and good location

It was a home away from home. Paul was great, making us feel very welcome.

A good hostel, in a great location, a few minutes from Hyde Park. The pub downstairs is small, but good enough to have a few beers. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are satisfactory. The only issue was the bathrooms, that are really small, and were a little smelly.

I agree with a previous reviewer about this place unsure what the hype is. Expect a small luggage storage and your stuff to be squashed, the toilets consistently smelt of sweaty *ss, small showers, the common room smelt bad, not enough lockers to people, not enough toilets/showers to cater for the amount of guests staying, constant ques, paying for luggage storage upon check out, no ironing facilties, poor beds, desk unmanned for many times, very expensive on weekends.

I liked the hostel. The room was a little stuffy but that's more likely due to roommates not wanting to open windows. Very nice looking building in a decent area, a short ways from the tube, Regent's Park, and Hyde Park and a medium distanced walk to other major attractions. I liked it. The facilities (ie washrooms) were okay, although they appeared to be being renovated.

Hostel was nice, close to public transport. Beds looked sketchy, but once you were in them they were ok. Would be great if it had a stove, but beggars can't be choosers. Would stay here again.

nice atmoshere, friendly and helpful staff and great value

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6