7.6
Very Good 1,681 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 1,681 Total Reviews
Phoenix Hostel Located at 6 Daventry Street, , London.
England
London NW1 5NX 6 Daventry Street
76% 1681
51.5212278 -0.1667690
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 31-40
28th Apr 2016
3.1

It's a charming, converted pub in a clean, pleasant street, but that is all I can say that is good. The place is dirty, bathroom facilities don't all work, and there is a shortage of power points. The worst I experienced however, was the inexplicable abuse and contempt with which I was treated by the Australian girl who was working there, Laura. Other staff also seemed to be generally aloof and unpleasant, apart from one red-haired gent who tried to do his best under trying circumstances.

• Taiwan, Female, 18-24
26th Apr 2016
7.4

Sometimes there is only a staff in the bar, he/she has to do the hostel works and on the other hand,bar works,too busy that you may need to wait for a long time to check in(out). Shower sometimes don't have hot water(but maybe it's my problem)

• zazb5667
  • Scotland, Male, 25-30
24th Apr 2016

Have really enjoyed my stay at The Phoenix Hostel. Staff are always very helpful and friendly. Robert at reception was great. He dealt with my reservations professionally and efficiently! Great atmosphere and place is full of character! Recommended.

• sophievanbinsbergen1627
  • Netherlands, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2016
5.7

It was far enough from the centre and the price was low enough to allow all that is shady to book a room there. The manager intimidated me a bit, maybe because of te way he spoke to his staff, or maybe because his face always looked like he hates the world. Probably a bit of both. Breakfast was alright, so was the area. As a solo female traveler I'd advice against booking a room here.

• Czech Republic, Male, 31-40
19th Apr 2016

I was satisfied. Good location, friendly staff, clean rooms, breakfast included. I can recommend.

14th Apr 2016
4.3

Everything in London is wickedly expensive, but this place was below average in cleanliness and facilities. Pretty run down bar hostel with tiny showers, and just has a dirty feel to it. The rooms are absolutely packed and cramped. The bathroom facilities are subpar. They are also very cramped and a little dirty. One of the three showers on my floor was broken. I was a little sketched out by some of the people who were staying in the hostel. Crowd wasn't the friendliest, no atmosphere

14th Apr 2016
5.4

Got stolen while there, and nobody seemed to care, obv that the thief was still in my room but they dont even suggest me to change room or anything. All the rest is fine nothing expetacular nothing to bad actually there was only a frege for everyone not enought space, but the security.... I've been travalling in over 15 countries and there was the first place that something like that happened.

We tried our best to help you, but there was very little we could have done. It's a reminder that it's important you lock your personal items away, and not leave them in the room.

• Wales, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2016
7.7

Staff checking me even gave me a pep talk about being well-slept before my interview and was very paternal and persuasive in his tone. It helped.

• Pakistan, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2016

friendly staff, excellent location, great great value for money

• Mexico, Male, 18-24
9th Apr 2016
7.4

Its a nice hostel, is not as fancy as other hostels but i like it, onlything i didnt like was that my bed was used when i arrived.

Thanks for the review! Some guests change beds without asking, and don't tell us about it, and just leave their dirty sheets on their old bed, which probably happened in this case. But we will be moving on to a new system soon, to prevent this. :)