Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

I have traveled to so many countries and stayed in so many hostels, but this is the first time I met a couple who actually "did that" in 22 mix dorm! After listening to Les Miserable, I couldn't image the "performance" had not end yet. Maybe this hostel has a F romantic atmosphere.

Good hostel, I don't think this would be a place where I would stay for a long term though. The beds are on the larger size and very comfortable. Some beds can squeak like crazy if you even move a muscle. Good place to just relax, not too much of an atmosphere. Breakfast is cheap at 1.50 pound. Washing and toilet facilities are just ok... Overall it is good and I enjoyed my stay here. I booked for one night and extended for another night. Moving to another hostel. Very affordable for beds here.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever been to! The staff here are extremely helpful and friendly. They really do make all the difference, they make it feel more like a hotel rather than a hostel. Beds are super comfortable and the common area is chilled and relaxed. Location is excellent as it is just minutes walk from Hyde Park. Met some great people here as well! Showers and toilets could be a little cleaner, but other than that, highly recommended!

Smell bad, expensive beer, too small bathrooms

• 13th Jan 2015

A very homely atmosphere.

This is one of the best hostel to stayas from an experienced traveler. Worth every single pence. Good location in zone 1, very convenient to get to anywhere within London or to the outskirts.The staff are amazing and they certainly know what hospitality means they would go out of the way just to make sure the customer's need is met. Very clean and tidy, welcoming and accommodating. The only downside is there is not a kitchen to cook :(overall I had a great experience and would come back again

Nice little hostel with very friendly staff who take pride in their work. The only minus for me was that the door works with a code, so unless you memorise it, using the corridor toilets might turn into more hassle than it should be. Overall recommend highly for a short stay.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Estonia

Staff armaxing wish there was a better button for them, facilities are perfect for what you need.

The Phoenix is a very friendly place to stay. I instantly felt welcome and all of the staff was very helpful and accommodating. The breakfast is great value at 1.50€ and the beds are very comfortable.

• 25th Dec 2014

The location is great and the Staff is really friendly and helpful at all time.

• 22nd Dec 2014

- great staff - great bar

Dennis is the man. He does everything and still finds time to chat with you. Great guy. Breakfast is good. WiFi drops out occasionally. There is not a whole lot of room for bags in the dorm, but there are lockers. The bar is a tad expensive which was uncomfortable for me since I wanted to drink but couldn't bring drinks in from outside because the bar is on the first floor of the hostel. Cleanliness is average. Pretty good hostel for the price.

we got a free upgrade to a 6-bed dorm but it was very cramped - we couldn't move around the room without disturbing others. toilets and showers are also very small but not much of a problem. staff are very friendly and we got free luggage storage after check-out. recommended for a one-night layover, nothing longer than that. overall average experience but staff friendliness is excellent.

Very recommendable. The person who greeted me when I walked in was Dennis and he was by far my favorite worker there. He was a bartender with wicked DJing skills. We ended up becoming friends in no time. He made my stay at Phoenix hostel much more enjoyable. Thanks Dennis! You're the best.

• 14th Dec 2014

The room was very smelly, the toilets were extremely disgusting and there was only one shower and one toilet in the floor where my room was, which was next to the reception.

I did not understand the purpose of having closet and not offer you a lock. Besides wanting to sell me a padlock for 4 pounds. and charged 2 pounds to save the bags before checkin was nonsense.

This hostel is very nice, with good location (just next to the subway station and 20 minutes on foot from Hyde Park), staff is great trying to improve the hostel condition (not too good: rooms are not to warm and you can feel humidity in the room), small showers with low pressure but hot water is all the time provided. Pub downstairs is great place to meet other people. Price is very good concerning the fact that location is superb and that it is London.

Great value for money and close to the tube . Everything is adequate for a stay in London at probably the best price. Dennis mate your customer service is excellent and your assistance certainly made the logistics of my travel easier. Overall a great place at an affordable price in London, which is a lot harder than one would expect.

The place is fine and as good as it gets in London in particular on weekends as far as Hostel accommodation goes . The staff make this place great. The price and service is excellent when compered to other hostels in London. A+

It was cold everywhere incl. the showers. The staff was friendly other than a certain Australian who wouldn't let my friends come in for 5 mins to wait for me to grab my stuff a night before I was scheduled to leave when the bar was full of people drinking who were not staying at the hostel. He could also practice exercising his cheek muscles and learn to pretend to smile for half a second. This was after not being too bothered and nicely putting up with vomiting people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5