Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

At first sight it seems pretty basic, but in fact it has all you need. Staff have excellent approach. Nice relaxed atmosphere.

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Slovakia

One of the nicest hostels in london, everything was how it should be. Thanks guys

My first time staying in a hostel, so this will color my review I'm sure - I'm an introvert. That said, I had quite a good experience. The staff were friendly and accommodating - even let me spread all my stuff over their armchairs for hours after I checked out so I could repack - and I felt safe there even bunking with five dudes. Location is lovely. Minuses were poorly working wifi (fine downstairs, no signal upstairs) and tiny rooms with just beds, not even a tiny shelf for your phone.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Very close to the tube station which made the location very convenient to sightseeing. The breakfast for £1.50 was nice. One of the roommates in the 10 bed dorm said he had money stolen from his bag, so I highly recommend bringing a lock and using the lockers provided in the room for any valuables. Not the nicest hostel I've stayed in London, but certainly one of the best deals.

Thanks for a great stay! Lovely staff and clean bathrooms. The rooms could do with some more lockers though. Thanks :)

Excellent hostel, especially for the price. Not too far away from anything as it's in zone 1 and a 5 minute walk from the tube. My expectations were low for this hostel since the price was nearly half of all the other hostels, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Very comfortable beds, excellent welcoming staff, bar downstairs, free wifi. Does everything you need.

Great location, awesome staff, and terrific atmosphere. The downside is, the rooms are rather small and triple-bunked, toilets are small, sinks only have cold water and are tiny, no towels or padlocks provided, rooms don't have enough power sockets. However, you can't get much better for the price and the location. It's very very close to a Tube stop, and the front desk is open 24 hours. Great for short stays!

a small independent hostel in a very good location. just a couple minute walk from baker street . has a nice pub downstairs. not really a party hostel but definitely a good place to chill. We got the hostel for around 10 quid a night which is very cheap for this area. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. they have lockers in rooms but you have to get your own padlock or you can buy it from them.

The Phoenix is an excellent hostel. It's in a great location, minutes from multiple underground and bus lines. The staff are also awesome, especially Matt. You won't find better value for money in London.

There's no Kitchen, just a refrigerator and microwave in near the TV which was inconvenient and in an annoying spot. Theres one shower in the room for 14 people downstairs and one toilet/sink in the lobby. The shower was clogged had mold and smelled bad, however I went up stairs where there are sinks and mirrors with the shower but those wouldn't even get warm. Also the ceiling had a lot cobwebs and the overall facility was not clean. Wouldn't recommend it even for the price.

• 10th Apr 2015

The Phoenix is a great hostel that is excellent value for money. The staff are a big part of this, especially Kavey. If she is working your guaranteed a smile. Definitely recommend.

Not friendly staff. When I arrived they were out of towels and basically sent me on a wild-goose hunt to find one. Whenever I asked for directions/recommendations or just general questions I didn't get very helpful answers. The room was crowded and smelly and dark. Bathrooms were tiny and grimy. No wine at the bar downstairs. Not impressed at all.

Nice and clean, good facilities, perfect location, extremely helpful staff, great atmosphere! Kaevy is an absolute gem. Super helpful and an all round legend! YEAH BAY-BAY!

Less than desirable experience. Rude staffers (not all of them but a select few) and lack of cleanliness in every bathroom made us almost find a new location for our second night. A staff member even gave a guest the wrong room number, resulting in waking up the whole room in the middle of the night to correct the situation. Their "security" could be improved - they require guests to ask to be let up to the rooms through a locked door for which only staffers know the code. Inconvenient.

Really nice hostel located in the center, 10 minutes walking from oxford street and 5 minutes from 2 underground stations. The hostel is clean, the rooms are nice and the beds confy. They have a bar with cheap drinks and an amazingly helpful and entertaining staff creating a friendly atmosphere. Overall really good value for money, I definitely recommend !

Matt, Paul and Kaevi are really nice people, very helpful and excellent employees. My stay there both times was memorable and I will most likely be back to stay there next year. So happy I found a good spot in London to stay. Cheers!

well organized hostel with a cool atmosphere. the common fridge and microwave are nice addons. beds super comfy. amazing staff. would stay there again. my only suggestion is that some extra toilets would be useful.

very nice, pretty value, really friendly. awesome!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • China

An excellent choice for budget accommodation in London.

A really cool hostel with excellent staff, great location and the best value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5