Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

I stayed for 3 nights and you get exactly what you pay for. Matrass is comfortable, but really low bunk beds so I kept hitting my head. I think it's an Ok place to stay for a couple of days, not more. The only really bad thing was the toilet brushes. PLEASE BURN THEM! I was terrified to drop something on them every time I got to go to the bathroom. Also, please clean the bathrooms/showers properly :/

• 31st Jan 2016
  • Norway

Very good value for money. Wonderful staff and nice atmosphere. Few bathrooms, could use a couple more.

• 30th Jan 2016

This hostel was simply fantastic. The staff are very helpful and friendly, it was clean, and the facilities work. The location is ideal for seeing London, with a Tesco nearby and good access to tube stations. I'll definitely stay at The Phoenix Hostel when I visit London again.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Scotland

The most expensive hostel we have stayed in with the smallest rooms. But the location is fantastic and the staff are really helpful and friendly

Really excellent hostel that doesn't feel too cramped. Great location where I could access many different tube lines, making traveling very convenient.

Excelent Hostel! I even had a problem with my bus reservation and the staff helped me to call them. The rooms are tiny, but excelent value for money. It is really good located. The main bad point is the lack of kitchen (Just a microwave and a fridge). As I stayed only one night, I didn't get the chance to see the showers.

I have no previous hostel experience to compare this one to, but after being greeted, checked in, and given a tour by a lovely man with a lovelier accent, I noticed that the room we were staying in was empty of people, but still full of bags. People felt comfortable leaving their stuff in our room, which made me feel comfortable leaving my stuff in the room. I had a wonderful experience at the Phoenix. If I ever go back to London, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• 13th Jan 2016

John very helpful.

For this amount of money this place was very good. The purpose was for me to find a cheap a hostel close the center. Usually I'm more demanding but at this time pointless to complaining about some thing. It was a good value for this money. If next time I'll be the next situation I'm gonna chose again.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Hungary

Quick and easy booking, which I did on the morning before my stay. Everything went smooth, and the staff were welcoming. Brilliant

• 9th Jan 2016

I found the manager (John) odd and creepy. He spoke to the staff members very rudely and it ruined my stay. Seeing him yell at the lovely girl behind the desk was just off putting. I found the facilities dirty. A couple stayed in the same bed overnight and made me feel very uncomfortable. It was a very unpleasant stay and I was incredibly happy to leave. I don't recommend staying here. I found better accomodation just as cheap at rest up near elephant castle! Clean and bright and professional.

The biggest problem for us was cleanliness, as the showers and toilets were very unpleasant to use and the smell in the hostel was not good. In our six bed dorm there was really not enough space for six people. Maybe having so many people in this small space made the smell worse. There was a nice common area and bar and the two pound breakfast was very appreciated. Staff were very nice and friendly and location was good, easy to walk to the train or tube as well as longer distance bus lines.

Had a great stay at the Phoenix. The staff was super friendly and helpful and the location was prime being right down the street from Marylebone station. Would stay again.

other hostels are very far from the center and you have to spend 50 minutes in the 40 meters to the center and also for the return of here in five minutes you can get to any area of central London, staff and always willing to help, and pub and very pretty with a nice atmosphere I do not like that the sink is too small but I think it's a problem England

Min: old building, old facilities. Pros: very friendly staff, nice location, and once again: very friendly staff.

Tiny rooms. Need more access to fresh air - smell could become unbearable. I wouldn't stay again. You get what you pay for though.

• 14th Dec 2015

Strong points: good location, cheap Bad points: the shower's temperature kept changing, there where no adaptors for rent and to buy they cost £5, the place was not very clean (specially de dishes), they seriously need a waste in the showers area, the role atmosphere was weird, it was not possible to stay sit in the bads because they are very low, the bed makes to much noise and everytime someone moved everybody woke up. Also, something smells really strange there, not sure what.

The staff was very nice ! We had an amazing stay there. It's perfect for the price and the location, perfect for student like us !

• 14th Dec 2015

Clean facilities, great staff, slightly cramped but to be expected at this price

• 4th Dec 2015

The hostel is quite old and the rooms are packed, there are bunkbeds of three beds with no space at all between them, there is also no air ventilation at all so the smell in the room is quite disgusting. Only three working showers for the whole hostel so dont expect to find space early in the mornings. Staff is nice, specially the spanish speaking night receptionist. The location is very good, pretty close to the city centre.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4