Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

The best is the location. Close to the centre of London, just take the underground and you arrive soon. The worst, too many youngers and teenagers. Anyway, it was nice in general.

The Phoenix was a nice, no-frills type of place. Location was definitely a plus, just a couple minutes walk from the Edgware Rd tube station with easy access to the entire city. Staff was very friendly and helpful. There were a lot of solo travelers while I was there (including myself) and it was very easy to meet people at the pub downstairs. The free wifi was strong and reliable as well. They are a stickler about the 2:00 checkin time, for what that's worth. Overall a very good stay.

• 14th Aug 2014

The hostel's location is really nice! It's a 2 minute walk from Edgware Road tube station. It is cleaner than other hostels I've tried in London. The bathrooms could use better cleaning though :\ My main problem was with the luggage storage room (for before and after check-in), as all people put their luggage in the same room and staff give easy access to almost anyone to the room. I was afraid of leaving my laptop there.

I would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting London. It's located in a beautiful, safe area, it's close to transportation (3 tube stops within a 5 minute walk), the drinks are (relatively) inexpensive,

• 11th Aug 2014

It's good. Though I do not have enough place to store my huge luggage, but I was really appreciated by the cleanliness from the linen to the toilet (much better then I imagine). Nice stay. I love the breakfast though it costs 1.5 pounds, food variety is straight forward but good to serve until 10:30. Bad luck that I cannot extend my stay as it's full already! Good walking distance from Marylebone station.

We were there for a Sunday night, so it was super chilled, cheap pints at the bar, great location for us to catch an early airport bus from Baker Street,

Great hostel, \paul kinda ruined it though.. he was just so awesome I kept creaming myself/

Rooms are a bit small for so many beds, and there is no ventilation. Toilets and showers very old, but clean. All in all a nice place to stay, would recommend it.

Rooms and bathrooms are very small but considering all I did was sleep, bathe and eat breakfast there, it was quite a nice place. The manager was lovely and helpful. It's close to a number of train stations but I mainly walked everywhere because the location is very central. I was happy with my stay there.

Incredibly friendly staff and good location for travelling.

• 5th Aug 2014

This hostel was fine. One of the staff members was the rudest I've encountered in my travels and it is super annoying how you need to be let up to your rooms. Especially since the person letting you in is also working the front desk and the bar. Good wifi!

Good hostel, very close to Marylebone station.

I was at this hostel twice: once at the start of my trip, and again at the end. As a solo traveller, I really loved this hostel. The bar downstairs made for a laidback and easy way to meet people. This was probably one of the best hostels I stayed at during my trip, and made some of my best travel friends here. The downside is the price, and the facilities (where you sleep and shower) are a bit cramped. But overall, extremely happy with my stay.

Generally seemed a very good hostel, cheap and easy walking distance to regents park. My only issue would be the fact that the showers were a bit hit and miss on whether they wanted to work.

Overall our stay was nice, not anything amazing but not bad considering the price. Pros: Close to a tube station, clean bedding, served beer in the lobby, helpful and friendly staff. Cons: not super clean, very small room with a ton of beds very close together (thankfully everyone in our room was very quiet and respectful or this could have been a nightmare!), a little out of the way. For only $25 a night it was fine! :)

• 31st Jul 2014

Really can't complain!!! Staff was nice, great wifi, and near tube!

Yeah, not bad. A bit weird, the place is an ex pub it seems so the only hangout place is what you see when you walk in. No kitchen, but a great location close to the tube station, a couple of good pubs and the staff are fantastic, esp good old 'Yes for independence' Paul!

I would not recommend this hostel. Yes, the staff was friendly and the downstairs bar seemed kind of cool, but the facilities were terrible. It was shabby and run-down. The rooms were so cramped I couldn't stand to be in them longer than just to catch some sleep. The triple bunk-beds are extremely uncomfortable. If you're just looking for a place to crash and could care less about a comfortable stay, I suppose this could be your place, but they charge you for everything they can.

Great hostel! It's in a good location and just a short walk from the tube. The staff are amazing, definitely adding to the whole experience! The rooms are small, but it's still good value for money.

• 28th Jul 2014

The was a great hostel, I only booked a night as a stop over and ended up staying over a week. Great facilities. Love the location....very central, loved the movie nights, and the manager Paul was one cool cat.

• 28th Jul 2014