Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

The bathrooms were not clean. The rooms were very cramped and had three person bunk beds that were very rickety. The linen was clean but the mattress and duvet were gross. I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• 12th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel. Great location and nice staff. It is a little shame that you have to have your own pad lock and one cannot rent a locker. Also the price can range a lot. I booked it for 12 a night but sometimes it can go up to 30 so it depends on luck really. Anyway, I like this hostel.

only in and out of this hostel and its not a bad place to stay. rooms are s bit cramped but the staff was great and good for the money

Nice and clean hostel for a good price just 5 min walk from Princess St. and Bus Station. More quiet then the "Party hostels" in the old town part. The beds are all quite new and had good matratzes. Not so much a place to hang out but to get a good nights sleep for a reasonable price. Just what I wanted. Very friendly and helpfull stuff. Kitchen is missing basics like salt, pepper and oil but is was always clean. Thanks for The nice stay.

• 8th Sep 2014

Basic accommodation, but at a good price

Nice, clean, central location. Great atmosphere, friendly and welcoming staff, especially Piotr. Thanks !

I booked this hostel in a week that was half price. I got excellent value for money. The staff are great. Paul is the funniest Scotsmen I've met. He mans the bar while entertaining anyone who will listen (or can't escape) with his rants about Scottish independence. Showers were plentiful and clean. Hostel lacks some facilities like laundry, but this poses no issue since shops are close. Lots of friendly people but hostel doesn't have a "party" vibe. This suited me perfectly.

I stayed in a 14 bed dorm that had a few bunks that were 3 beds high and you couldn't even sit up on the middle bed. When I took my sheets up as requested when I checked out the duvet was disgusting, stains everywhere. I wouldnt recommend this hostel to anyone, it wasn't even that cheap for what you get.

This hostel was cheap but didn't provide anything (towels are for sale, not even for rent). The triple bunk beds were awful and made the room cramped. Bathrooms rundown. Entry system is inefficient - the staff has to open it for you but they often weren't there due to checking people in or handling other duties. Location is not the worst (10 min from Baker St) but not the best either. The staff was great/helpful but overworked. To mgmt: Get more staff, provide towels, and renovate the bathrooms.

The best is the location. Close to the centre of London, just take the underground and you arrive soon. The worst, too many youngers and teenagers. Anyway, it was nice in general.

The Phoenix was a nice, no-frills type of place. Location was definitely a plus, just a couple minutes walk from the Edgware Rd tube station with easy access to the entire city. Staff was very friendly and helpful. There were a lot of solo travelers while I was there (including myself) and it was very easy to meet people at the pub downstairs. The free wifi was strong and reliable as well. They are a stickler about the 2:00 checkin time, for what that's worth. Overall a very good stay.

• 14th Aug 2014

The hostel's location is really nice! It's a 2 minute walk from Edgware Road tube station. It is cleaner than other hostels I've tried in London. The bathrooms could use better cleaning though :\ My main problem was with the luggage storage room (for before and after check-in), as all people put their luggage in the same room and staff give easy access to almost anyone to the room. I was afraid of leaving my laptop there.

I would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting London. It's located in a beautiful, safe area, it's close to transportation (3 tube stops within a 5 minute walk), the drinks are (relatively) inexpensive,

• 11th Aug 2014

It's good. Though I do not have enough place to store my huge luggage, but I was really appreciated by the cleanliness from the linen to the toilet (much better then I imagine). Nice stay. I love the breakfast though it costs 1.5 pounds, food variety is straight forward but good to serve until 10:30. Bad luck that I cannot extend my stay as it's full already! Good walking distance from Marylebone station.

We were there for a Sunday night, so it was super chilled, cheap pints at the bar, great location for us to catch an early airport bus from Baker Street,

Great hostel, \paul kinda ruined it though.. he was just so awesome I kept creaming myself/

Rooms are a bit small for so many beds, and there is no ventilation. Toilets and showers very old, but clean. All in all a nice place to stay, would recommend it.

Not much atmosphere at this hostel, good facilities and close to restaurants and take away food stores. Staff is ok and location too.

Rooms and bathrooms are very small but considering all I did was sleep, bathe and eat breakfast there, it was quite a nice place. The manager was lovely and helpful. It's close to a number of train stations but I mainly walked everywhere because the location is very central. I was happy with my stay there.

Incredibly friendly staff and good location for travelling.

• 5th Aug 2014