Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

I found the staff member that greeted me initially to be very rude. The rest of the staff I encountered were better but no one was particularly friendly. They had lockers which was good. Bunks are three high in the room I was in which was uncomfortable in the small room. The price for the weekend I wanted to stay seemed very excessive for what was offered. Breakfast was good for the price and the Showers ran well once I figured out how they worked. Would be on for short stay

• 15th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Great spot, great atmosphere. Really friendly staff, Especially the Scot and Irishman

• 8th Oct 2014

I have booked the hostel for one night and then I decided to extend my stay for one more day, however I have been charged almost twice as much for an extra night. According to the staff the owner changes the price according to his will and that was not convenient.

The man at the reception (not Paul, the other one) who was there the 4th of october in the evening was really arrogant and disrespectful in the way he was speaking to us. We were 4 to wait at the desk and all have the same impression. Honestly, I never made any bad comment about the staff in any hostel ive ever went, because i always try to be comprehensive that maybe it is not a good day for that person. But in this case, it was horible! Also, the room was smelling soooooo bad, it was so small.

My least favorite hostel I've used on my monthlong trip. The bedroom was dimly lit, had no tables/shelves,

We are a couple we stayed just a few days, Too much noise on the rooms and on the beds, any movement on the beds causes noise and was so hard to try to sleep, the hostel was not really clean and the staff was not nice except the girl that usually works on morning.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Spain

Great guys

• 1st Oct 2014

The staff are helpful and amiable i would say. If your travelling and in the area sure stay there.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Bathrooms were very clean. Breakfast was very good value.

• 28th Sep 2014

Great location, super friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast choices are better than most hostels for only £1.50. Place is old but kept clean. Beds are comfortable and clean and not too much noise coming from the streets below. I slept quite well with an open window next to me.

Cramped rooms, small lockers and showers that need a bit of plumbing maintenance. Downstairs common area was good, having the bar was a bonus but there isn't a kitchen as advertised just a fridge and microwave crammed into a corner. Nice enough place though if you're looking for a cheap bed!

I liked so much the satying in the hostel the atmosphere is good, all is very clean and safe and the satfs (Jonatan and Paul) are very friendly and helpful.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Too few lockers in my room. Super nice staff. Bar downstairs is ok to hang out. Clean.

The 6 beds dorm room is too small for 6 people. If you don't mind, then it will be a cheap place to stay in London .

I like my stay there, but one friend have to many troubles with one of the staff, some bald, short, chuby guy, he wasn't to cooperative. But other one, Jonatthan, was the man. He was very helpfull and very cool guy!

If you'd like a large spacious hostel with pristine facilities and an extremely lively environment, this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for a cheap place to stay for a night and you're willing to deal with very little room just for a place to sleep, I would recommend Phoenix Hostel to you.

• 16th Sep 2014

Phoenix Hostel is a 8 min walk to Edgware Road tube station and a 5 min walk to the bus stop so in terms of convenience, it was great! The lounge/bar was a great place to chill and relax and to meet other fellow travelers. In my room, there were 3 bunk beds, so the occupancy was 6 people. There were lockers in our room so I was glad about that. Remember to bring a lock so you can lock your belongings! The shower/washroom could be a bit cleaner in my opinion. The staff/receptionists were nice!!

• 15th Sep 2014

I really enjoyed staying at the Phoenix Hostel. The staff was very friendly. There are some lockers in the shared 6-bed rooms, so bring your own lock. There's one computer that you can use, sometimes occupied by others, depending on the time you want to use it (usually, in the evening and morning, there is always someone that need to check something in the internet). The location is really cool. However, you'll need to take a bus or the tube to get to some main attractions. Daily cleaning. Nice!

• 12th Sep 2014

The bathrooms were not clean. The rooms were very cramped and had three person bunk beds that were very rickety. The linen was clean but the mattress and duvet were gross. I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• 12th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel. Great location and nice staff. It is a little shame that you have to have your own pad lock and one cannot rent a locker. Also the price can range a lot. I booked it for 12 a night but sometimes it can go up to 30 so it depends on luck really. Anyway, I like this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6