Phoenix Hostel

Fabulous 2048 Total Reviews

• thaisouza06930
  • Brazil, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2017

The building is old and the facilities are not that good, but it's a great please and I'd definitely stay again. Scot and Caro made my stay! They helped with everything I needed and were super nice all the time. So just don't go waiting for luxury and you'll be happy. Very close to the metro and bus stations.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2017

Clean, cheap, friendly staff, luggage storage, nice privacy in the shower and great value breakfast! Great stay :)

• kaitcm1989
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
19th Apr 2017

Great hostel for what you pay. Good location and staff is extremely helpful. Very positive experience at the Phoenix, if I ever find myself back in London I would not hesitate to book again. Scotty (front desk dude) went above and beyond to help. He pretty much planned our second day in London and we had a great time because of his tips/info.

• jmandernach1491431
  • USA, Female, 25-30
14th Apr 2017

The Phoenix Hostel is in a good location and has a lovely atmosphere. All of the staff are super friendly, especially Caro who will greet you warmly when you check in. The dorms and bathrooms are just average for a London hostel, but the common area/bar is great for meeting fellow travelers. I definitely plan to book a stay there again next time I am in London!

13th Apr 2017
8.0

The staff at Phoenix Hostel were very helpful and friendly. The bathroom situation is a little haphazard, girls trying to do their makeup will be forced to share the hallway in front of the small rooms for showers and toilets due to lack of mirrors elsewhere. Really a minor complaint though, we enjoyed our stay. Right next to a tube stop so travel is convenient, and food is within walking distance. Best hostel in London I've stayed out (out of 3 others)!

• Germany, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2017
7.1

You pretty much get what you paid for. The first night we had trouble sleeping because of the squeaking beds and the door alarm which went off almost every time when someone left to room (and left the door open for more than mybe 10 seconds) but the second was somehow a lot better. Still, for a short stay it's fine and the noise might be less a problem in a bed room with less people (we stayed in a 10-people-dorm).

• England, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

The staff were really helpful and kind. Thank you to to the cuddly Irishman, and the King! Good transport links to all of London. 5 railway stations within a 15 minute walk. The hostel is also an old English pub, and the age of the building shows inside. You can also meet in the pub REAL Londoners, who are very interesting to talk with. This place is very much no frills, so don't expect a luxurious modern hostel, for the price, it's perfectly perfect! Tom runs a good hostel, so 2 thumbs up!

• chae98
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Apr 2017
7.4

Staying at the Phoenix was something I don't regret but also something I won't do again. That being said, it is a great price and I guess you get what you paid for. However, sometimes it's worth paying that little bit extra to have a much more comfortable stay. The facilities are so small you can barely change clothes in those tiny cubicles. But the water was hot. The door on every dorm slams SO loud you get no sleep at all. But beds are comfy. The staff definitely made my stay, very friendly!

7th Apr 2017

Once again, back at the Phoenix. My go to hostel when I'm in London. Not only did I get a warm welcome from the team but Scotty ensured I had a bottom bunk as I have a broken foot. Nice to be sitting back at the bar and having a good chat.

• Malaysia, Couple, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

The six-bedder I was in was a wee cramp, but I appreciate how many toilet/shower facilities there are, and that the hostel isn't stingy with providing toiletries!