Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Nice place to stay in London if, like me, you never spend much time at the hostel anyway. The place is affordable and location is great with buses all day and night. It is quite clean but it's quite a small room to put 15 people in! Don't stay there if you don't like bunk beds! Also breakfast is nice (toasts, cereals, fruits, tea and coffee) but it's a shame it's not included. WiFi is a bit funny. I would recommand it for the value!

just your average pub hostel. This has seen better days. don't expect anything fancy. Showers are small, so are rooms. Beds with spring mattresses, my not worn too much. Breakfast for extra charge, other places provide for free. Staff is helpfull, location excellent.

Not very comfortable, you have to use your keys for almsot everything, if you go to the bathroom and forget your keys, you basically stay outiside of your room unless you knock the door and someone opens it for you or you go to the staff and explain what happened. Also, If you pay with credit card, they'll charge you with a 2% commision. The cleanliness was excellent, and location couldn't be better.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Mexico

Far from the center, but not far from underground stations. Staff is excellent and helpful! Small rooms

Building is so old it's in need of some updating inside, mattresses also really are due to be replaced as they were pretty gross and showers either had blocked drains or no hot water. Apart from that the staff were friendly and helpful and the place wast too bad.

wel, i already stayed here 1 years ago and had a enjoyable times./stay, friendly staff, always having the chance to overcome your shyness with other travellers by socializing anywhere, bar or even rooms. You will definitely get back here. being the zone 1is awesome what mean short walks to main intresting areas around and central London.

Absolutely loved this place!! There's a bar downstairs but it closes at 11 and it's a very mellow scene. Great to just get a pint and plan the next day. The staff was good, but the main guy John who works there is the best, he was always so friendly and helpful. The only thing semi lacking was the bathrooms, not too many and were a bit yucky. But I would definitely go back! Thanks John!!

Made a mistake with my booking. Fortunately one of the managers had remembered me, from the past, and they were good enough to accommodate me for the three nights....thanks again!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel is located outside the city-center/tourist part of London but with at least 3 different stations within a 5-10 minute walk, its still easy getting around.

Awesome staff! Had some dodgy homeless guy stay in our dorm which isn't really the hostels fault I guess. Breakfast was worth it and they had Nutella!! Great value for money, would stay here again.

This hostel is worth exactly its price, no more no less. Staff is helpful and nice, the common area smells awful though

Wish there was a kitchen, but the on-site bar more than made up for it. Very friendly vibe and helpful staff. The location's quite convenient to the Tube. For a hostel in London, this one is solid.

Its a cool place. I just missed a plug next to my bed. Breakfast is not included but its price is fair. Recommended.

Phoenix hostel was nice and the staff were very friendly. We only stayed one night, and had a weird experience with our roommates but the room itself was very nice. Big lockers that allowed for full backpacks to go in so keeping things safe was easy.

Staffs were so friendly and helpful

• 24th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

The staff were very helpful and even rearranged our rooms so my group and I could stay in the same room. The location was difficult to find but they provided sheets, the beds were nice, and there were lockers. Overall, it was what my group and I needed, a place to sleep at a decent price.

• 24th Aug 2015

Awesome hostel with good bar and nice hangout room good location 2 min from tube 2 min from food and markets. right near an awesome huge park. Kitchen is pretty non existent only a microwave and fridge but no biggie because cheap doner is all around. Good hostel in london highly reccomend

Smelt awful the whole stay

Good location. Dorms weren't as clean as I hoped, lots of dust. Washrooms were clean. Staff was nice with the exception of one who seemed arrogant and rude every time we asked a question.

I found the staff very helpful . The location is central you are virtually in the city. clean beds,showers,wcs. great value especially early to mid-week. the atmosphere is friendly and at very warm time of the year the bar was an oasis. keep doing what your doing guys and gals.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6