Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

This is by far my favorite hostel in London. After traveling around for almost 6 months and staying at various hostels in London, this one is the best. It's relaxing, comfortable, and the staff knows you by name! I keep extending my stay because its the perfect environment for sorting out my plans for the next part of my travels. It's simple but has what you need!

Great hostel for a great price in Central London. Friendly staff, especially the receptionist Jonathan. I've spent four days here for visiting London, it is the best I could have got in this area, I highly recommend it!

• 17th Feb 2014

Really decent beds with nice fluffy bedding! All you can eat breakfast for £1.50 a bargain too. Also staff are so lovely, accommodating and helpful! Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again at the price it was!!

Always clean, good staff, good place

Good and cheap. It was so nice that I stayed there twice. The Scottish employee (I forgot his name) is a great attribute.

First of all, security in the room is so basic that the lockers can be burst, even with a good locker. Artur was a good guy and gave good advice and so was Paul...but the problem was in some cases made me fell like "I was out of place?!?"...never been made feel like that in any other hostel. The atmosphere was awful! No one spoke to anyone, felt like living in a "zombie" world...there was some spanish guest that when realized I was portuguese, started with racist comments between them!! :(

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Had such a great stay here at the Phoenix! The staff absolutely made the place, wouldn't have been the same without them.

its a nice hostel in London!

Nice and cozy Hostel. Has a kind of pub included. Brakkie is alright for 1,50 GBP extra. I met some nice people. This hostel is not a big one and it wasn't that busy. I would come back again.

• 31st Jan 2014

This place was fine for a budget hostel - the staff were extremely helpful and I felt safe. The 6 bed dorm was extremely cramped and I felt quite claustrophobic in there for two nights. I have heard that London hostels in general have very small rooms so perhaps that's just something you're meant to put up with.

Excellent value for money. Paul is very polite and helpful. This makes all the difference. Highly recommended hostel

• 27th Jan 2014

Pheonix was a cool little hostel, big rooms but triple bunk beds reduced the size of each room quite substantially as well as the luggage that couldn't fit in the lockers. The bar was well priced, location was great and very central near the Edgware Road station on the circle line. Felt secure but I had locks for my bags for additional peace of mind. The only downside was the hot water only got lukewarm but I'm not overly fussy. A solid stay both for value, comfort, staff and location!

Great trip, thanks to Paul for his useful help

New place which means it is Fresh! Would gladly go there again or recommend to friends. They have a security door during daytime which prevents strangers to use the hostel area and only allows them to be in the bar part.

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

The staff is good but the room is small and crowded. Other travelers just put everything on the floor. I booked two nights but had to leave the second day...

Great Place to staywith friendly staff. Speak to Paul if you want knowledge on Scotland...

Great hostel, special thanks to the receptionnist Paul!

Great place to stay, friendly staff and really helpful especially Paul. Perfect location for transport links.

All thestaff are crazy characters with plenty of banter. Good place to stay,meet the crazy irish owner and the Scottish comedian Paul.

Very quiet and slow hostel. Location was okay. Showers weren't great neither were the facilities. Wifi available in bedrooms.