Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Very good hostel : clean (which is unfortunately quite rare in this type of accomodation), pleasant area bar, friendly staff, good breakfast for only 1.50 pounds (several cereals, coffee, tea, butter, jam, yoghurts, fruits ..). Good location : London area 1 and quiet street. The only improvement to do would be to add some trays in bathrooms to put down your clothes. I definitely recommand this hostel ! ;).

John is awsome. Its such a lovely place to stay for backpackers. Got decent breakfast, bar, nice atmosphere all over the place. In the place like london where all the hostels and B&B are SO extremly expensive, phoenix hostel may be a perfect choice for budget travelers and to all the tourists.

Paul, John, Aaron and Bill, big thanks to you guys for making our stay awesome. Cheers for the drinks too, all the best! - Diego

• 1st May 2014
  • Spain

Phoenix Hostel is a ready rad place. They received us very well with some free beer and the reception guy was extremely friendly. The room and bathrooms were fairly good but could have been cleaner.

The Irish man in the reception, John welcomed me and he brought my luggage up to the second floor without accepting any tip.. He was a verly friendly person..

The staff was great! I felt at home right away! It's quite central and easy to get to by subway! The breakfast costs only 1.50 which is a great price in a city as expensive as London. I would come back any time!

Average hostel. I found it expensive for what you get. I was very disappointed to find out that they charge an extra 2 pounds just to leave your luggage in their storeroom! I had a bus that evening and chose to lug my bags around instead.As a traveller one often has to travel later in the day after checking out and most hostels offer this basic service. It sends the wrong message and made me feel like they were trying to extract more money from travellers. Would not recommend it for this reason.

Found my self not wanting to leave! The staff were extremely helpful and personal. Juan and Rocio kept the place clean and tidy I felt like I was at home. Best experience I have had at a hostel on my travels.

its really a good hostel

• 14th Apr 2014

This hostel very close to my business school LBS, best I can find in the area around. In terms of Staff, John and John both are amazing person, very helpful and friendly, ready to help you anytime. Breakfast is very cheap for 1.5 pounds, unlimited. Further internet works at lightening speed, saw lot of movies directly online. Further Tesco is just 2 minute walk and can get all food, drink and snacks. Overall loved this place. Its completely worth it, really value for money.

For a guest like me, coming and going and staying most of the time outdoors it was perfect. The staff was super friendly. They showed that safety and security are the most important parts of an hostel. I felt both safe and secure. Some improvements on newer safes for luggage and other minor things can be done. But over all it's a 8/10 for a hostel in London. The breakfast was awesome for 1,5£. Location perfect. All and all very good. Good atmosphere in the lobby/bar.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Norway

The staff was excellent, specially Paul...

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Romania

Staff very welcoming and chatty, there's a good atmosphere generally. The room was ok, I've had worse sleeps. There's not much going on in the immediate vicinity, although it's just up the road from Paddington, and if you fancy exploring nearby, Little Venice is recommended. I'd probably go back

The Phoenix is a great hostel. Located centrally and very close to many sites, tube stations and endless restaurants and bars. With friendly, helpful staff like John, the Phoenix is a very pleasant and comfortable place to stay.

The bathroom was very dirty, and the atmosphere/ staff not very friendly.

Really good hostel, friendly staff and a nice laid back atmosphere. Rooms are well kept and are very secure. It's in a great location right next to a tube station in zone 1. Bathroom facilities are very clean. John and Paul were very helpful and informative for a Irish man and a Scots man.

The obvious stand-outs are the staff and the location. Whilst John, Paul and Mehdi are friendly fellows and three tube stations of varying lines are within walking distance, it is in the humble opinion of this reviewer that there ought to be a kitchen. The obvious benefit of not having a kitchen is the encouragement to eat out and be adventurous whilst in a new city/country; the close proximity of Edgeware Road remedies the lack of kitchen. Over-all an enjoyable stay. There are also cheap pints!

• 21st Mar 2014

Only stayed for one night and loved it. John and Paul are great hosts. Can't wait to come back next week.

This was my first stay at Phoenix Hostel and the opportunities of meeting wonderful and interesting people started from the get go. I celebrated St. Patricks day with a lot of help from the staff especially John, who was kind enough to explain it's history and significance. These two nights were so special that I booked my next four nights at the hostel right away.

• 17th Mar 2014

Phoenix hostel has been my second home for the past few weeks. I love the atmosphere and cleanliness of the place, and it's also in a great location. However, the best thing about Phoenix hostel is the staff. Every time I come back, I am greeted by a warm, welcoming smile and treated like an old friend. John is a lovely, sassy Irishman and Paul is full of wisdom. Highly recommended.