Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

What the hostel lacked in cleanliness, the staff made up for in friendliness. The showers were hot and my friends and I felt safe.

• 8th Oct 2015

The hostel is OK, I really enjoy my stay there beacause of it location (really close to 2 different tube station and to the main train station - Paddington) and it helpfull staff (thanks). Fares are ok in London´s context ;). In my second stay they have many great details with me making me feel at home.

I am a young French girl (20years) who had afraid of living in a hostel, but no worries about this one... Family and great atmosphere to meet people. Helpfull staff if you have any questions, or even a problem! They always helped me in all my little problems. The rooms are clean with security FREE lockers if you need (bring your own lock). Have your meals stores (Tesco, Sainsbury's) 5min walk. I stayed two full weeks without any worries. ENJOY YOUR STAY IN LONDON!

• 5th Oct 2015

Great staff and atmosphere! Best value around. Two must haves in a hostel is clean sheets and fully functional showers. The great atmosphere in the lobby is a huge bonus (with fridge and microwave). These comments and rating are relative to the price they charge of course. Stayed at the duke of York prior to this and experienced a dirty environment with beds three high and a staff that is no there at night hours, again that was at duke of York hostel

Bathrooms are as well as dishes

Nice place to stay in London if, like me, you never spend much time at the hostel anyway. The place is affordable and location is great with buses all day and night. It is quite clean but it's quite a small room to put 15 people in! Don't stay there if you don't like bunk beds! Also breakfast is nice (toasts, cereals, fruits, tea and coffee) but it's a shame it's not included. WiFi is a bit funny. I would recommand it for the value!

just your average pub hostel. This has seen better days. don't expect anything fancy. Showers are small, so are rooms. Beds with spring mattresses, my not worn too much. Breakfast for extra charge, other places provide for free. Staff is helpfull, location excellent.

Not very comfortable, you have to use your keys for almsot everything, if you go to the bathroom and forget your keys, you basically stay outiside of your room unless you knock the door and someone opens it for you or you go to the staff and explain what happened. Also, If you pay with credit card, they'll charge you with a 2% commision. The cleanliness was excellent, and location couldn't be better.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Mexico

Far from the center, but not far from underground stations. Staff is excellent and helpful! Small rooms

Building is so old it's in need of some updating inside, mattresses also really are due to be replaced as they were pretty gross and showers either had blocked drains or no hot water. Apart from that the staff were friendly and helpful and the place wast too bad.

One of the better cheap hostels in London. Friendly staff, nice chill atmosphere, 3 minutes walk to sainsburys/tube station. The microwave broke one night and they had free breakfast the next day in case anyone was bothered

wel, i already stayed here 1 years ago and had a enjoyable times./stay, friendly staff, always having the chance to overcome your shyness with other travellers by socializing anywhere, bar or even rooms. You will definitely get back here. being the zone 1is awesome what mean short walks to main intresting areas around and central London.

Absolutely loved this place!! There's a bar downstairs but it closes at 11 and it's a very mellow scene. Great to just get a pint and plan the next day. The staff was good, but the main guy John who works there is the best, he was always so friendly and helpful. The only thing semi lacking was the bathrooms, not too many and were a bit yucky. But I would definitely go back! Thanks John!!

Made a mistake with my booking. Fortunately one of the managers had remembered me, from the past, and they were good enough to accommodate me for the three nights....thanks again!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel is located outside the city-center/tourist part of London but with at least 3 different stations within a 5-10 minute walk, its still easy getting around.

Awesome staff! Had some dodgy homeless guy stay in our dorm which isn't really the hostels fault I guess. Breakfast was worth it and they had Nutella!! Great value for money, would stay here again.

This hostel is worth exactly its price, no more no less. Staff is helpful and nice, the common area smells awful though

Wish there was a kitchen, but the on-site bar more than made up for it. Very friendly vibe and helpful staff. The location's quite convenient to the Tube. For a hostel in London, this one is solid.

Its a cool place. I just missed a plug next to my bed. Breakfast is not included but its price is fair. Recommended.

Phoenix hostel was nice and the staff were very friendly. We only stayed one night, and had a weird experience with our roommates but the room itself was very nice. Big lockers that allowed for full backpacks to go in so keeping things safe was easy.