Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Great little hostel, with a good bar downstairs. Cheap drinks and fun bar staff like the Scottish Paul bloke who kept us all entertained with his lighthearted yet highly intellectual conversation.

was a nice night there !

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Romania

It was the cheapest hostal 7 euros per night. Breakfast is 1, 50. I could use the internet even 4 hours after i do check out i ve nothing and i do get guinness now to do this statemate ;)

• 14th Nov 2013

It's just a place for sleeping.There aren't any facilities to cook, just a microwave.You must pay for everthing (and I am not talking about deposit money,I am talking about real money for a padlock, a electricity adapter or even towels) Hot water didn't work and during the night,the lights from all the toilets didn't work either. Breakfast was ok and beds were confortable too.Staff was friendly. The rooms were full of beds, the windows were cover with triple beds. There wasn't light from outside

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Spain

This hostel was great for what it was worth -- I only booked 2 nights over the week and they were very cheap (although they seem to jack up the price on the weekend). The rooms were fine, they had lockers and were a good temperature, but the triple bunk beds I wasn't much of a fan of. The bar downstairs is pretty cure but there was no atmosphere, and hardly any interaction between guests. Staff were very very friendly and helpful, and location wasn't great, but the metro is not far.

Great hostel

Great value for money, very welcoming staff (especially Tina)

• 12th Nov 2013

The handsome guy at the bar with long hair (I think his name was Paul) was a delight and a pleasure. The hostel it self was down to earth and had a great vibe, friendly and easy. Totally recommend to anyone :)

Go early or late for your shower or you can have pressure or temp issues. Otherwise this place is great. The staff are the friendliest of a few hostels in London and most anywhere I've been to. They'll talk London, entertainment, life, or politics (especially Scottish independence with Paul). The bar has people in it all day working or chilling, and there are people to party with who are friendly to strangers.

As an emergency place while waiting for my new flat to be ready, I found the Phoenix Hostel a good rapport quality/price (nor for weekends though). Staff was really friendly particularly Paul with who I spoke about Whiskies, and Jonathan who was really nice while I came back late from my job. Though you could have some chocolate kellogs, I had generally a goo stay ps: Just be careful with the heater, it was often cold in the rooms Cheers Cinderella

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

It's too expensive for what it offers. 2 showers for all the hostel ??? Only 2 plugs in a 6 beds dorm ? The facilities were horrible. It is basically a bar with rooms in the above floors. So, if you like party and good beer at cheap prices but don't mind where to sleep or shower, this is your place. Not mine though. Nor the best location either.

Nice hostel, couple showers didn't really work, cheap beer.

The room was a little small, crowded when everyone was there. Overall good stay.

The Phoenix may look a little rough around the edges and, sure it's not new & shiny. But it was the best of 3 hostels that I used in London. Decent location, good sized rooms, good common area (inc fridge & m\wave) and a small crew of excellent staff who are ready to help with anything. I'll be straight back here next time I'm in London.

It was a pretty good place. All of the staff were extremely nice and helpful. I didn't think the location was that great as there were no bars or anything in the area. But I really wasn't there very much. Overall it was a pretty decent place and I don't regret staying there, just wish it had a more fun vibe as it was a little boring when I was there. .

This place is good enough but could be better. The beds are comfortable. The facilities are on the older side but not too bad. Its a bit out of the city but pretty close to tube stations. Staff are hit and miss. Girl and scottish dude were rad, blonde pommy bloke was pretty severe and seemed pained to help anyone. There is not much atmosphere at all. One of the cheaper hostels in London but still the price of a cheap hotel anywhere else. Cleanliness is ok most of the time. Fire alarm at 4am :(

Really unclean layers of dust on windowsills and when cleaner came to change sheets I was still in bed and he was shaking out duvets and it was like a dust storm it was disgusting then I realised how dirty the whole room was....for £37 pounds a night on weekends. Breakfast is not included and even have to pay £2 for luggage storage. Rip off!

the loby's smell like hell. a bad place, try to find another one. not like in the pictures.....

• 19th Oct 2013