Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Good location, very close to subway station. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Sometimes we had to wait to use the bathroom, they were reforming few more tough. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it was too small.

Rooms were too humid, good location though. I'd rather go somewhere else. You can find better deals for the same price or cheaper.

The Phoenix hostel was in a great location and a very short walk to the underground. The bathrooms were not the cleanest, and there was minimal space above the bed because it was a three person bunk bed. However the atmosphere was good and the staff was very friendly.

Nice place, the staff were really nice and helpful all the time and even made friends with some of them. Close to train station which is also quite groovy

Amazing staff, I made some friends with them and in the hostel. At first arrival it seemed kind of dead but by the night it was more alive. Breakfast isn't free, holding your luggage on the day of checkout isn't free, locks, towels, actually nothing is free. But no complaints. They are very friendly and the wifi is very good. I would stay again. About 30 min walk from Oxford St. And 1 hour from museums and Buckingham palace area.

If you're looking for a cost-efficient place to stay with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, helpful staff, good facilities and a central location then I very much recommend the Phoenix. The building is a characterful old pub situated in a quiet street right next to Edgware tube station - very easy to get around from here. Kavey will fix you up with a smile and a good 'all you can eat' breakfast each morning for £2 - always a nice way to start the day!

I feel the owner offering to write a review for me wasn't right but other than that it is a good hostel but currently too expensive on a friday and saturday. I like the staff and the atmosphere is good. It could do with more facilities like a kitchen and washing/ dryer. The shower rooms could do with updating.

I quite liked this hostel as it was a nice change from the party hostels I had been in earlier. Had a much more calm and laid back atmosphere. The bar was chill and a good place to meet people. If you are looking for a good hostel for a reasonable price, I would recommend this hostel.

staff were very nice and the bar was a good place to chill. bathrooms were lackluster.

Overall good. Cramped Dorms (triple bunks, crammed in), cramped facilities, small lockers....breakfast is good, 2 min walk to the tube so easy to get around...I would return if there was nothing with a better location...clean and pretty cheap....

Good location just a short walk away from Edgware Rd Station and grocery store. Think there should be a better logging system for bag storage but otherwise great value for money. Would stay again.

Great spot really. Great value, good owner (Angus), and not too bad a place to get stuck. Due to circumstances, should've been a miserable time, but the people I sat around talking to more than made up for it.

For the money, I don't think the Phoenix can be beaten, and I've stayed in a lot of hostels! It's a charming old building, basic, but with everything you need. For me, the staff are the biggest factor in determining any hosteling experience…. here they are fantastic - very approachable, friendly, helpful, polite and fun. This sets the tone of the atmosphere of the whole place and makes the Phoenix a great place to stay and hang out. Paul, the manager is a hoot! Highly recommended.

Overall good stay but the showers smelled really bad. Also, one of the employees Paul was annoyingly sarcastic; a bit is fine but just too much.

Frankly, I don't understand why everyone raves about Phoenix. It's an average hostel, at best, and I've stayed in ones that are far better value. Pros: Friendly staff, ideal location Cons: Cramped rooms, not enough lockers, funky smell, two toilets and three showers for approx. 25 people, uncomfortable beds I can appreciate that it IS in London, which is always bound to be pricey, but I would sooner look at other options before returning to Phoenix.

The hostel's location is quite convenient (just a 5 minute walk from Edgware road underground station). There are lots of pubs, nightclubs, supermarkets, restaurants and cafes within 10-15 minutes of walking from the hostel, too. The hostel has what most travellers need, it isn't fancy. There are lockers for you in the room, but try to bring your own lock. There isn't a proper kitchen there; just a fridge and microwave oven. But you'll want to be out anyway! £2 for the breakfast, worth it!

Actually i didnt expect lot myroom was 14 beds dorm , butit was okay spent all my time in london The staffwas really nice

• 15th May 2015
  • Israel

Wifi didn't work in my room, there were more than two plug ins, but they were under the bed, the place could be a lot nicer. It felt like a frat house because it was just kinda haphazardly done. Even things such a using tape when they painted the walls so it didn't get all over the floor too would have made it less fratty. I wouldn't stay here again or at least not more than maybe two nights. Staff was very friendly though!

I came to spend 2 nights and I've been at the Phoenix for 5 days! No more words needed. Keep that mood! =)

• 14th May 2015

Implement a towl renting system and a system to cope with the showers running all at once.