Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Rooms and bathrooms are very small but considering all I did was sleep, bathe and eat breakfast there, it was quite a nice place. The manager was lovely and helpful. It's close to a number of train stations but I mainly walked everywhere because the location is very central. I was happy with my stay there.

Incredibly friendly staff and good location for travelling.

• 5th Aug 2014

This hostel was fine. One of the staff members was the rudest I've encountered in my travels and it is super annoying how you need to be let up to your rooms. Especially since the person letting you in is also working the front desk and the bar. Good wifi!

Good hostel, very close to Marylebone station.

I was at this hostel twice: once at the start of my trip, and again at the end. As a solo traveller, I really loved this hostel. The bar downstairs made for a laidback and easy way to meet people. This was probably one of the best hostels I stayed at during my trip, and made some of my best travel friends here. The downside is the price, and the facilities (where you sleep and shower) are a bit cramped. But overall, extremely happy with my stay.

Generally seemed a very good hostel, cheap and easy walking distance to regents park. My only issue would be the fact that the showers were a bit hit and miss on whether they wanted to work.

Overall our stay was nice, not anything amazing but not bad considering the price. Pros: Close to a tube station, clean bedding, served beer in the lobby, helpful and friendly staff. Cons: not super clean, very small room with a ton of beds very close together (thankfully everyone in our room was very quiet and respectful or this could have been a nightmare!), a little out of the way. For only $25 a night it was fine! :)

• 31st Jul 2014

Really can't complain!!! Staff was nice, great wifi, and near tube!

Yeah, not bad. A bit weird, the place is an ex pub it seems so the only hangout place is what you see when you walk in. No kitchen, but a great location close to the tube station, a couple of good pubs and the staff are fantastic, esp good old 'Yes for independence' Paul!

I would not recommend this hostel. Yes, the staff was friendly and the downstairs bar seemed kind of cool, but the facilities were terrible. It was shabby and run-down. The rooms were so cramped I couldn't stand to be in them longer than just to catch some sleep. The triple bunk-beds are extremely uncomfortable. If you're just looking for a place to crash and could care less about a comfortable stay, I suppose this could be your place, but they charge you for everything they can.

Great hostel! It's in a good location and just a short walk from the tube. The staff are amazing, definitely adding to the whole experience! The rooms are small, but it's still good value for money.

• 28th Jul 2014

The was a great hostel, I only booked a night as a stop over and ended up staying over a week. Great facilities. Love the location....very central, loved the movie nights, and the manager Paul was one cool cat.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

It's very cheap which is great, but anything you need extra has extra charges (locks for lockers, breakfast, towels, etc). It's a pretty good place to crash though.

Definitely the location! For that small amount of money you get to stay in the center of London. Staff is friendly, facilities are OK. Bring your own padlock. I would recommend this hostel.

Excellent hostel. Paul was hilarious. We weren't the greatest guests, drank a bit too much and spoke a bit too loud, and they handled the situation perfectly. I would definitely stay here again.

- very good deal in breakfast - very clean - Very friendly staffs - Central london - subway is 3 mins away - St Mary hospital is 10 Mins on feet

Great place to stay for a visit to London. Facilities in the hostel are OK, although I feel that lockers have to be given either for free or for some deposit. Also, some bathrooms deserve maintenance as it isn't always possible to control temperature. Finally, some beds make a lot of noise, causing everyone to wake up if the person on it moves during sleep. Very annoying!

• 13th Jul 2014

I will come back here, nice hostle :) Great cleaner spanish guy joshue!!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Bathrooms weren't the greatest and the bedrooms were a bit cramped with all the bunkbeds squished in. It's a friendly hostel though and the guy working there (Paul?) was lovely. We liked the bar downstairs!

Great Hostel, amazing staff, cheap beer, good selection for Breakfast, very close to tube and bus links to whole city. 24hr reception is very handy. Paul is a Legend.

• 6th Jul 2014