Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

I came to spend 2 nights and I've been at the Phoenix for 5 days! No more words needed. Keep that mood! =)

• 14th May 2015

Implement a towl renting system and a system to cope with the showers running all at once.

It's one of those places where the bunk beds are 3 beds high. Showers and toilets are pretty nice and I never seemed to have to wait. Atmosphere is very chill - there is a bar but it wasn't too loud or crazy. Close to the underground. You have to pay extra for luggage storage, which makes me sad. But overall I'd recommend it for the value!

Only complaint is that the hostel bar should be open longer lol.

• 9th May 2015

Fantastic hostel! Staff were extremely friendly, aproachable and helpful. Fantastic atmosphere in the common areas! I was only there for one night but it felt like home! Good facilities, good location, good breakfast, highly recommend this hostel!

The hostel was definitely a chill place to stay. The staff here especially make this place awesome. Everyone is willing to chat over a pint of guinness/beer and they have a pretty spacious living room area/bar to chill out. They also have a communal fridge so you can buy some food if need be. The rooms are clean and the beds are decently comfortable. There are quite a bit of showers as well, so you never have to worry about waiting for someone. It has a great location right next to hyde park!

• 7th May 2015

Great location! Super easy to get to the tube and get around. Walking distance to Hyde Park as well. Wifi was alright, would go in and out and I couldn't get it in my bed on the second floor. The staff was very friendly and helpful! There was only one outlet in the room, so only two things could be plugged in at a time. Plenty of outlets downstairs though, so can take appliances down to charge and be more social.

The space was too cramped for the amount of guests staying there. Bathrooms were extremely small and there were few of them. Not the cleanest place either.

Amazing location, but small rooms - can´t imagine to stay with total strangers in so tiny room. We were a group of six people (mix six bed room) and for us it was perfect. The staff is really helpful, atmosphere great, cleanliness on that level, that you would expect with so many people (18?) sharing three showers. But I would recomend it to everyone, who wants to stay in the city center with tight budget, the value for money is great.

The hygiene of the room and the bathroom is poor. Not enough power supply. Water pressure too weak. The bed is not strong enough, emit sounds frequently when one turns around.

Brilliant

Aye, great team

• 29th Apr 2015

We had a great stay at the Phoenix. We were greeted by Paul who was a great character and showed us around the hostel, which I've never had from other hostels' staff before. Our 6-bed room was quite small, but there were large lockers and it was cleaned every day. There were individual bathrooms and showers which was nice. The breakfast was cheap and the atmosphere in the common room wasn't great, but other than that of highly recommend the Phoenix!

The price is too expensive at weekends. Could do with new bathrooms and bar area decorated .

I really need to speak about this members of staff: Kaevi, Jonatan, Paul and Hugo, each one, in their own personality, they are the soul of this hostel... I REALLY THANKS FOR EVERYTHING IN MY STAY, AND ALL HELP AND ADVICES , AND MOST OF ALL FOR THE SUPPORT THAT THEY GIVE TO THE GUESTS, I know and for me not only them won a new friend like me I won some new friends in the 14 days that i've been in the PHOENIX Hostel, a big hug to all the staff but specially for this 4 guys

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Big Aengus

Good clean showers, one of the hottest showers I've ever had in a hostel. Excellent staff, very helpful when I needed help getting to stansted at 6am

A little bit out of the centre, but still a good location at the intersection of multiple tube lines. Staff were mostly quite friendly. Breakfast for only £1 extra I think it was, was very good. Nice place to stay for a short visit to London. But not very social for a solo traveller.

so freakin nice people who are workin there!

• 20th Apr 2015

At first sight it seems pretty basic, but in fact it has all you need. Staff have excellent approach. Nice relaxed atmosphere.

• 20th Apr 2015