Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

They pour an awesome Guiness

• 23rd Oct 2014

I found the staff member that greeted me initially to be very rude. The rest of the staff I encountered were better but no one was particularly friendly. They had lockers which was good. Bunks are three high in the room I was in which was uncomfortable in the small room. The price for the weekend I wanted to stay seemed very excessive for what was offered. Breakfast was good for the price and the Showers ran well once I figured out how they worked. Would be on for short stay

• 15th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Great spot, great atmosphere. Really friendly staff, Especially the Scot and Irishman

• 8th Oct 2014

I have booked the hostel for one night and then I decided to extend my stay for one more day, however I have been charged almost twice as much for an extra night. According to the staff the owner changes the price according to his will and that was not convenient.

The man at the reception (not Paul, the other one) who was there the 4th of october in the evening was really arrogant and disrespectful in the way he was speaking to us. We were 4 to wait at the desk and all have the same impression. Honestly, I never made any bad comment about the staff in any hostel ive ever went, because i always try to be comprehensive that maybe it is not a good day for that person. But in this case, it was horible! Also, the room was smelling soooooo bad, it was so small.

My least favorite hostel I've used on my monthlong trip. The bedroom was dimly lit, had no tables/shelves,

We are a couple we stayed just a few days, Too much noise on the rooms and on the beds, any movement on the beds causes noise and was so hard to try to sleep, the hostel was not really clean and the staff was not nice except the girl that usually works on morning.

• 1st Oct 2014