Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Staff armaxing wish there was a better button for them, facilities are perfect for what you need.

The Phoenix is a very friendly place to stay. I instantly felt welcome and all of the staff was very helpful and accommodating. The breakfast is great value at 1.50€ and the beds are very comfortable.

• 25th Dec 2014

The location is great and the Staff is really friendly and helpful at all time.

• 22nd Dec 2014

- great staff - great bar

Dennis is the man. He does everything and still finds time to chat with you. Great guy. Breakfast is good. WiFi drops out occasionally. There is not a whole lot of room for bags in the dorm, but there are lockers. The bar is a tad expensive which was uncomfortable for me since I wanted to drink but couldn't bring drinks in from outside because the bar is on the first floor of the hostel. Cleanliness is average. Pretty good hostel for the price.

we got a free upgrade to a 6-bed dorm but it was very cramped - we couldn't move around the room without disturbing others. toilets and showers are also very small but not much of a problem. staff are very friendly and we got free luggage storage after check-out. recommended for a one-night layover, nothing longer than that. overall average experience but staff friendliness is excellent.

Very recommendable. The person who greeted me when I walked in was Dennis and he was by far my favorite worker there. He was a bartender with wicked DJing skills. We ended up becoming friends in no time. He made my stay at Phoenix hostel much more enjoyable. Thanks Dennis! You're the best.

• 14th Dec 2014

The room was very smelly, the toilets were extremely disgusting and there was only one shower and one toilet in the floor where my room was, which was next to the reception.

I did not understand the purpose of having closet and not offer you a lock. Besides wanting to sell me a padlock for 4 pounds. and charged 2 pounds to save the bags before checkin was nonsense.

This hostel is very nice, with good location (just next to the subway station and 20 minutes on foot from Hyde Park), staff is great trying to improve the hostel condition (not too good: rooms are not to warm and you can feel humidity in the room), small showers with low pressure but hot water is all the time provided. Pub downstairs is great place to meet other people. Price is very good concerning the fact that location is superb and that it is London.

Great value for money and close to the tube . Everything is adequate for a stay in London at probably the best price. Dennis mate your customer service is excellent and your assistance certainly made the logistics of my travel easier. Overall a great place at an affordable price in London, which is a lot harder than one would expect.

The place is fine and as good as it gets in London in particular on weekends as far as Hostel accommodation goes . The staff make this place great. The price and service is excellent when compered to other hostels in London. A+

It was cold everywhere incl. the showers. The staff was friendly other than a certain Australian who wouldn't let my friends come in for 5 mins to wait for me to grab my stuff a night before I was scheduled to leave when the bar was full of people drinking who were not staying at the hostel. He could also practice exercising his cheek muscles and learn to pretend to smile for half a second. This was after not being too bothered and nicely putting up with vomiting people.

It's a nice hostel with great staff, we've met 4 people and they were all very helpful and fun, too. Cheers to Dennis who seemed to be determined to take care of everyone and everything :) The beds are comfortable and the blankets really do keep you warm (I was surprised). The toilets and the showers might seem a bit small but it's not that big of a deal. The £1.50 breakfast is a nice addition, too. Overall a good place to stay at, also it's really close to the tube and a lot of bus stops.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Staff was super friendly! Especially the guy from Scotland and Italy!!!! Location good as well and the hostel was clean. The things I did not like was the fact that for my whole stay I did not have the wifi, lockers in the room were very small, in general, the furniture destroyed and old and the beer in the pub downstairs was pretty expensive ( for the same value it is possible to have a drink in a nicer place 3.30-4 pounds ) It is a shame they did not have any discounts for the hostel guests.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Wifi cut out a bit but otherwise lovely atmosphere! Scottish guy (Paul) and Dennis were fantastic ;)

Nice hostel, good staff, I was in a 14-bed room but there was enough space, and only a few beds have power plugs next to them. Bathroom is tiny but clean, and there are enough for everyone.

This hostel did exactly what it needed to. Budget accommodation in London. Okay so the beds weren't the absolute best...but there was no fight for the bathroom/toilet facilities, I loved that the communal area was in a bar (!) and the staff were super friendly and chill. Plus the location is perfect! Would highly recommend for travellers who know not to expect the earth, moon and stars in Central London for £15,00 a night.

In the four days I was there I only had one hot shower. May want to look into that especially going into winter. Everything else was great, great value for the price i paid.

Good hostel, clean and tidy, good value.