Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

A nice place to stay on the cheap. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good atmosphere. Rooms weren't hot or stuffy. Bathrooms relatively clean. Wifi didn't work in the rooms. I'd be happy to go back :-)

The staff is friendly & kind just one thing the room was wet so you must to sleep with the windows open and the wifi is little slow sometimes but the location is very good

The atmosphere of the place is a bit drab, the pub could do with some refurbishing. The matresses are bad, squeak loudly if you move a muscle. I didn't like the fact that you had to pay to store your luggage after check out for the day. It was cheap though, it has fantastic staff and a great location.

The bedroom was not so clean and there were no curtains. The bathrooms are small and also not so clean. The kitchen consists of only a microwave and a fridge placed in the common room.

Really good place to go for a few nights. Rooms quite cramped through and the bathrooms and showers could do with an upgrade. Handy location to everything, and the staff are awesome!

No towels or locks. Bathrooms were gross. Split my group up. It was cheap and close to the tube

• 19th Jul 2015

Served a purpose for location at Lord's Cricket ground but other than that a very bleak and boring hostel.

I was only there for a night but the staff was great and it is well located ! The metro station is 2min from the Hostel and many touristic spots are also close from there !!

• 17th Jul 2015

facilities in this hostel is quite old. they have limited toilets and shower rooms, and it looks quite ugly inside. the worst thing is, they dont even have any tools or place to put the clothes in shower room. if u are going to stay there, bring ur own hooks! btw, the location & price is the only good thing abt this hostel.

Canceled with days in advance never got any sort of refund. Dirty floors where I stayed. The smell of the place was quite unpleasant.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Very inexpensive and you do get what you pay for. Showers were not very clean but rooms were. Expect up to 14 people crammed in quite a small space but with ample floor room to walk around on. Not much in the way of anywhere to keep your luggage. Big issue with security when we were there - phones and tablets stolen from charging and a camera stolen out of a bag. Someone tried to break into the locker I shared with my friend. Not the hostel's fault and they were very helpful. 10/10 location!

Me and my friend stayed here for three nights, previously being at many other hostels as this was our last stop before going home and we both agreed it was the worst one we have ever stayed in. The atmosphere was very bad and we didn't end up metting anyone, our stuff got stolen and the bathrooms were quit disgusting. I also don't recommend this hostel for its location, it is way too far out from the main attractions and you have to walk a fair bit to get to transit that can take you closer.

• 11th Jul 2015

Day after day the showers would stop working while I was in them. I would be about to rinse off after having the water on for 2 minutes and the water would stop flowing. I paid 5 pounds to rent a towel that had not been washed yet and was covered with green lint and fuzzies all over my body. The one cool thing about this hostel is the pub downstairs, but it closed at 10pm so there was no real meeting anyone at the end of a day of tourist exploration. The hostel was not clean or courteous.

Hostel in a great location. Good beds. The staff our great, their happy to answer any questions. Enjoyed my time here.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for the awesome review! We had so much fun having you here and hope you'll come back and see us again!

Location was very good. It just takes 5 minutes to walk to the park, tube supermarket. But I felt uncomfortable because of the staff, It was an unwelcome atmosphere because of one guy, he did not greet me. The rooms = mall and crammed. It was okay for sleeping. There was no shelf space for your things. The lockers were too small and you cant lock it, so dont forget to bring a locker with you. Bathroom + toilet = sticky, small, no shelf = everything is too old.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Decent hostel, it didn't stand out as anything special but the location was really good and it has a nice communal pub area downstairs. The dorms were cramped, showers and bathrooms were old and needed a thorough clean and there isn't a kitchen! Just a microwave and fridge.

The staff is great. Always attentive and friendly. Also, you have lockers to leave your most important and expensive stuff (bring a padlock with you). Don't forget flip flops (as I did) for the showers. They are not the cleanest on Earth plus, you don't want to walk around barefoot... The neighbourhood is just PERFECT! Circle line takes you anywhere and the hotel is just two blocks away from the tube station. AAA+ if you ask me ;-)

Good hostel and great location. I would stay here again.

• 30th Jun 2015

the bed is comfortable, but the bathrooms don't feel very clean and it's very old, the two yound workers are very nice friendly, but if you don't have a tower you can't rent there, must pay 5 pounds to buy a crapy one! that really made me unhappy! now I am still using it!!!

• 26th Jun 2015