Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Matt, Paul and Kaevi are really nice people, very helpful and excellent employees. My stay there both times was memorable and I will most likely be back to stay there next year. So happy I found a good spot in London to stay. Cheers!

well organized hostel with a cool atmosphere. the common fridge and microwave are nice addons. beds super comfy. amazing staff. would stay there again. my only suggestion is that some extra toilets would be useful.

very nice, pretty value, really friendly. awesome!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • China

An excellent choice for budget accommodation in London.

A really cool hostel with excellent staff, great location and the best value for money.

Friendly helpful staff, cheap filling breakfast and nice bar.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Staff were friendly and there are a good crowd of travellers staying here so it is nice and social. However it is a very old building. Having a shower in the morning is a nightmare. As soon as 1 person goes into a shower it causes all the other showers to not work properly either the water goes cold or you are left with only a trickle of water. Wifi only really works downstairs in the bar so this is frustrating. You need to pay £1.50 for Breakfast which is very basic and tastless cereal.

I had a very nice stay in this hostel. The staff is great, cheerful and kind. The place is clean. The wifi goes down a little bit too much but I would definetly go stay there again. Go there, trust me.

• 18th Mar 2015

The Phoenix is a great place to stay in London. It's very close to transport, it's clean and secure and you'll be hard pressed to find a place with better value for money. The bar downstairs is awesome and if Josh is around you'll have a blast.

Staff were very friendly. Little far from everything, but I managed to walk to the city center both days without much of a problem. Rooms weren't the cleanest and a lot of the bathrooms are tiny, but otherwise not a bad place.

I met different staff every day and they're quite helpful. It's close to Baker street tube and Paddington. The breakfast is a good deal for me. The wifi is the most disappointed thing ever! Almost no connection every time. Prepare earplugs because the bed room will almost certainly be noisy. But it's acceptable value for money.

I stayed at Phoenix for one night and it was better than I had expected. Sleeping in a 10+ people dorm it wasn't the best night in terms of uninterrupted sleep, but the staff was really helpful and the facilities were ok.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Poland

I loved my stayed there and the stuff was great especially jonathan

Very friendly and helpful staff especially Paul the Manager, great location too.

My stay there was awesome! The place it is well located and the people who works there are awesome! Jonathan at the reception was very helpful with a lot of tips

Extended stay was good place to start my time in London. Great staff especially paul, mia and Josh

• 7th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

I liked the fact every memeber of the staff was very polite and ready to help. i arrived early on Sunday morning and had to spend a couple of hours until my check-in. The receptionist kindly offered me the wifi code. Also, as there was a football match on, the bar/reception was filled with eager fans, thus my check-in was delayed by other 30 minutes. The manager personally appologized to me and offered me free drinks.

Spectacular value for money! As good as any other hostel in London and way cheaper!

Jonatan was great !!!!! The hostel too. Thank you

They are so strict with no taking anything into you room ... they even took my bottle of water but they did clean the windows since there is a hostel.