Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Hostel is in a good location. Friendly staff, Paul is great person to find out about how to get around London.

• 17th Dec 2013

Thought the location was weird, but after walking around the neighborhood everything was actually close by, just need to becareful after dark i guess. But the staff were nice and chatty.....aka. TINA! Need more showers that are hotter. Would be nice to have more like a kitchen facilities =] Thank you for providing a really good breakfast for only 1.50 sterling! Compare to other hostels like Keystones in Kings Cross, their breakfast was a lot worst and pretty much only had toast.

• 4th Dec 2013

Really pleased with this hostel. 2nd time I've stayed here and it gets better and better- particularly when u start to appreciate the location! Paul and Scott are as helpful and positive as ever- great hostel I will be back!

Stuffs are awesome. I liked atmosphere. I will be back this hostel again!!!

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Japan

The location was superb; just next to Edgware Road! Everything else seemed very good as well, though I didn't have the time to enjoy the place as much as I'd liked to

The staff is really nice and helpful. The mattresses are terrible if you have back problems like me, and the upper bunk bed is so close to the lower one that you can't sit in bed. The duvets are short and narrow, if you turn in bed, you may left your back exposed. Everything is quite old, but it is clean enough to survive. If you are looking for something luxurious better pay more than 10 euros a night because here you get what you pay for.

I had a reservation for one night and I was at the hostel at 12 o´clock. I couldn´t get the room yet, because it should be cleaned. So I could leave my luggage at the hostel and I visited London. When I returned at 7 pm the manager told me, that I couldn´t stay at the hostel, because I´m too old. Why didn´t tell me the manager this at midday, when I arrived? I was very disappointed!

• 25th Nov 2013

Very sorry for your experience but it clearly states On Hostelworld we are a 18-35 hostel. In future We would encourage yourself and all other travelers to read the details of the Hostel your booking as each hostel caters to different ages, sexes and groups. Also this would allow you to avoid any disappointment.

This was an average hostel i stayed at in London lodging wise. The people and the staff are what made it amazing. Most people here are working so there is soft of a family vibe which is hard to find in bigger hostels. I remember everyone gathering around and watching Wolverine together off this guys labtop. The location is 20 min walk to abbey road and 20 mins from hyde park. Its 5 mins from Marlybone station and walking distance to Oxford Circus and even Big Ben if you wanted to.

Staff is so friendly, helpful and fun. Tina rocks, she is the best!

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Hungary

Mostly average facilities with very friendly staff. The pub/common room is perpetually noisy with simultaneous music and TV, so there's not a good place to read or talk on the phone. Also no cask marque, so the beers are pretty lame. However the downstairs dorm room (14 beds) was pretty awesome because it had enough nooks and crannies to provide a sense of privacy. The temperature was cool, great for sleeping; room had a lovely attic-style window.

I always like to stay at the Phoenix Hostel and to meet people who is traveling around the world. That's amazing how some people live their lives not locking themselves in one place and not afraid of traveling alone!!! Even young girls. I am looking forward to come back and meet you guys again. Darius & Rosita

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Lithuania

highly recommend this place. Friendly atmosphere, great location, CHEAP DRINKS!

Great little hostel, with a good bar downstairs. Cheap drinks and fun bar staff like the Scottish Paul bloke who kept us all entertained with his lighthearted yet highly intellectual conversation.

was a nice night there !

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Romania

It was the cheapest hostal 7 euros per night. Breakfast is 1, 50. I could use the internet even 4 hours after i do check out i ve nothing and i do get guinness now to do this statemate ;)

• 14th Nov 2013

It's just a place for sleeping.There aren't any facilities to cook, just a microwave.You must pay for everthing (and I am not talking about deposit money,I am talking about real money for a padlock, a electricity adapter or even towels) Hot water didn't work and during the night,the lights from all the toilets didn't work either. Breakfast was ok and beds were confortable too.Staff was friendly. The rooms were full of beds, the windows were cover with triple beds. There wasn't light from outside

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Spain

This hostel was great for what it was worth -- I only booked 2 nights over the week and they were very cheap (although they seem to jack up the price on the weekend). The rooms were fine, they had lockers and were a good temperature, but the triple bunk beds I wasn't much of a fan of. The bar downstairs is pretty cure but there was no atmosphere, and hardly any interaction between guests. Staff were very very friendly and helpful, and location wasn't great, but the metro is not far.

Great hostel

Great value for money, very welcoming staff (especially Tina)

• 12th Nov 2013

The handsome guy at the bar with long hair (I think his name was Paul) was a delight and a pleasure. The hostel it self was down to earth and had a great vibe, friendly and easy. Totally recommend to anyone :)