Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Nice for a few days, the staff is nice, but you have to keep an eye in your belongings.

We stayed at Phoenix Hostel for 2 days and it was great! We got to stay in the room right off the bar which was interesting due to the bathroom being outside the room. The room was cool though and had a 3 story bed! Great location right by the tube stop and close to Baker Street! We wrote a review on all our hostel stays in London at totravelwithlove.com :)

• 9th Mar 2014

Easy to find, next to a metro station, the staff is awesome ! John and Paul are the best ! They have breakfast for like 1.5 quid which is an "all you can eat" ... And when you come back in the evening you can just chill in the pub with fellow travellers with a beer :) Pretty cool hostel !

Perfect Stay ... love to stay there every time I have classes, really nice staff and very close Regents park and right in the centre of London. Great place to stay !!

This hostel doesn't live up to its potential. Could be a lot better. Only few showers, tiny bathrooms, too many beds per room, no place to put your stuff. More over there is no real kitchen. Just a fridge and a microwave. It could be a lot better if they freshened up the place a little bit. Right now, not worth the price

The rooms are a bit cramped specially considerig the massive suitcases inside the room but its good value. it Desperatly calls for a proper kitchen instead of just a microwave.

The staff were really really nice (Paul and John) but the facilities are pretty basic for how expensive it is. I paid for a 6 person room which is tiny and actually had 7 beds which were all full the entire stay. Only 4 lockers in the room which aren't big enough for bags. Mattress was lumpy, non fitted sheet always coming off, heating in room not working, door and floor creaked loudly every time opened and builders next door putting up scaffolding at 7am on Sat.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Just discovered this place. I recommand it to any young person who wants to have a pleasant journey while in London. Great place to socalise and meeting people from all over the world. The staff is great and so nice. There is a very warmth feeling in this place that will get to you I hope that just like the phoenix this place never dies ;) Merci.

• 26th Feb 2014

Staff are very good, helpful, especially the Scottish guy-a worthy man.Apart from that I cannot recommend the place, would not come back. It's just an average pub hostel, an old building, rooms dark, tiny, beds where u cannot sit up. also, the room was cold. The water was lukewarm (evening) to warm (morning) so I had to forget about a nice hot shower. Wi-fi for some reasons didn't work with my laptop (others were alright though). Breakfast was £1.50 but you get yoghurt and fruit as well.

its all about big Aengus

• 24th Feb 2014

The place was excellent from the get go!! They treat you like a person, not just some random person. The environment is great and it is very close to the transport system. Arthur was a great help. Pointed things out that I needed to know and pours a great beer!

This is a place that I keep coming back to. It's one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. It's clean, accessible, and very comfortable. It has a really fun atmosphere and I've ended up meeting some really cool people here. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly too, especially Paul!

This is by far my favorite hostel in London. After traveling around for almost 6 months and staying at various hostels in London, this one is the best. It's relaxing, comfortable, and the staff knows you by name! I keep extending my stay because its the perfect environment for sorting out my plans for the next part of my travels. It's simple but has what you need!

Great hostel for a great price in Central London. Friendly staff, especially the receptionist Jonathan. I've spent four days here for visiting London, it is the best I could have got in this area, I highly recommend it!

• 17th Feb 2014

Really decent beds with nice fluffy bedding! All you can eat breakfast for £1.50 a bargain too. Also staff are so lovely, accommodating and helpful! Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again at the price it was!!

Always clean, good staff, good place

Good and cheap. It was so nice that I stayed there twice. The Scottish employee (I forgot his name) is a great attribute.

First of all, security in the room is so basic that the lockers can be burst, even with a good locker. Artur was a good guy and gave good advice and so was Paul...but the problem was in some cases made me fell like "I was out of place?!?"...never been made feel like that in any other hostel. The atmosphere was awful! No one spoke to anyone, felt like living in a "zombie" world...there was some spanish guest that when realized I was portuguese, started with racist comments between them!! :(

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Had such a great stay here at the Phoenix! The staff absolutely made the place, wouldn't have been the same without them.

its a nice hostel in London!