Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

The best value option in central london, the staff really make you feel at home

Just one night there to catch the bus to the airport. Just perfect for this case. Would recommend.

I love my stay during here . Everyone is so nice, and matt at night shift is especially helpful and welcoming. Highly recommended

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in! This is true because I have been back multiple times! The atmosphere is really chill and the common area is really roommy. The vibe is always positive, and beds are comfy. But what makes this hostel stand out to me, is the staff. They are absolutely amazing! Mia, Jason, Paul and Matt are all fantastic! They all go out of their way to make us feel welcome. There are a few more staff members but in my time there I didn't see them much. Thumbs up!

Lovely hostel, very cosy place, staff is polite and kind. I really enjoyed this hostel. Great Location to just about anything and everything you want to go do and see. Highly recommend. Would like to stay here again next trip to London.

It's a good hostel welcoming, withe a nice person particularly john very friendly. Cheers team

• 2nd Feb 2015

This hostel was fairly standard. The best thing about it was the location, which is absolutely perfect, so close to so many different touristy spots. The internet was an absolute joke, if you want a hostel with wifi, don't pick here as it didn't work 99% of the time. When it did happen to work it was extremely slow. The other issue was the water, a few times during my stay they ran out of water, the showers were often cold. The staff were always friendly, had no issues there.

This place is awesome! I try to come back here as much as I can when I am in London. The staff here are truly amazing. They go out of their way to help us with anything we need, and are very friendly. The common area is very relaxing and unlike many hostels, their wifi works! Beds are comfortable and toilets work well. Showers could be a little stronger, but otherwise, perfect place to stay! AWESOME STAFF!

Excellent service! Absolutely fantastic staff, they really would do all they could to ensure you have a lovely stay ! Great location and very chill out and heart warming atmosphere !

The worst hostel I've ever been. There were some showers with no hot water (in winter). The room was really too small for 10 people, so the air had always a bad smell and there were no space for bags in the room, because the cloks were too small. Everything (towel, clock...) were expensive. There were no things enough for everybody (like forks) in breakfast, and they weren't really clean. The staff was nice and the location is good. But it just does not worth.

change everything inside locker ,after check-out your luggage.bearkfast was good value for £1.5. Shower room was okay.but there is big spider net in the room,bar.and bar's table is always not clean. Staff there don't know who is useing the rooms.when i arrived they were wandering who is in this room should be empty.they said.I understand later 'cuz I had 2booking for 2type room. I asked about it they changed my booking as stay same room.but next day they said you don't have booking for Today.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Japan

What an amazing place! Lovely atmosphere, great staff, nice breakfast! For the price, probably the best you can get in London!

Since arriving at this hostel I've been very comfortable. Friendly atmosphere around the common area with both staff and guests. If Paul doesn't make you smile then you must be a robot. I strongly recommend this hostel for solo travellers looking to meet people or probably anyone else. Do it.

I have traveled to so many countries and stayed in so many places. in my opinion, deserve credit for something this hostel ! The location is very great (just next to underground station and 15-20 minutes on foot from hyde park) and the staff is really helpful and friendly all at time.The breakfast is great value at 1.5£ and the beds is so comfortable. Everthing is Adequate for a stay in london at probably the best price..

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

Wifi didn't work properly even though i was close to reception. In the room, it was worse. Sink in the shower room was blocked.

I have traveled to so many countries and stayed in so many hostels, but this is the first time I met a couple who actually "did that" in 22 mix dorm! After listening to Les Miserable, I couldn't image the "performance" had not end yet. Maybe this hostel has a F romantic atmosphere.

Good hostel, I don't think this would be a place where I would stay for a long term though. The beds are on the larger size and very comfortable. Some beds can squeak like crazy if you even move a muscle. Good place to just relax, not too much of an atmosphere. Breakfast is cheap at 1.50 pound. Washing and toilet facilities are just ok... Overall it is good and I enjoyed my stay here. I booked for one night and extended for another night. Moving to another hostel. Very affordable for beds here.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever been to! The staff here are extremely helpful and friendly. They really do make all the difference, they make it feel more like a hotel rather than a hostel. Beds are super comfortable and the common area is chilled and relaxed. Location is excellent as it is just minutes walk from Hyde Park. Met some great people here as well! Showers and toilets could be a little cleaner, but other than that, highly recommended!

Smell bad, expensive beer, too small bathrooms

• 13th Jan 2015

A very homely atmosphere.