Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

really enjoyed my stay at this place. the staff were very helpful, especially one member, a guy called paul; he said places to eat, go out, and fun stuff to do. the atmosphere is very welcoming with people enjoying to speak easily to each other. recommended!

Five stars staff! Tina and Scott were the loveliest people - helpful and very welcoming. The location couldn't be better. Quiet street just a few minutes from tube station and a short walk from Oxford Street. Clean, nice atmosphere, nice people around, excellent Cafe just across the street. Definitely recommend!

• 2nd Sep 2013

Excellent hostel. The staff was awesome. Paul, Scott, even the owner was great. Left for the east and ended up coming back for round 2. Highly recommend if staying in london. A+ PARKER

• 1st Sep 2013

Awsome hostel ! Really welcoming and for a really good value, It is placed beteween two underground lines and is quite central, the rooms and equipments are not new but clean. We feel confortable since it is a familly size hostel (the breackfast are really good for only 1,5L) To finish the personel is nice, ready to help, especially Paul, good mate ! I recomend this hostel, I'll come back next time I'll go to London

• 1st Sep 2013

Hostel a bit out of the way but close to a Tube station. Bed was comfy. Nothing too special about the place, just your typical hostel-attached-to-pub that are the norm in London.

A good place to stay if all you're looking for is a bed for the night. The rooms were tiny, bathrooms a bit dirty, but it is a hostel. We've had better stays in London for cheaper, but it is less than an hour's walk from Soho, which is cool and convenient. Our only note is that we are two girls travelling, & felt pretty unsafe walking back to the hostel at 1am. We were harassed and grabbed at a bit in the street, and we'd probably suggest girls staying there take a cab after the tube closes.

its all about the Irishman

it was good

• 28th Aug 2013

The breakfast is good, fruits cereals coffee etc... and it's pretty much clean. The staff is welcoming, Jonathan was perfect to me as we could speak french together he helped me out a lot ;-) Good hostel in general

• 27th Aug 2013

the staff were great and helpful, but the bathrooms could have been cleaner. also the 6-person room was small for 6, with two triple-bunk beds. the bar is also good, but the nearest station is closed at the moment, so it's further than normal to get to the tube in this area of london.

I was in a mixed dormitory because of economic reasons. The room I had was dirty And the shower smelt bad. I Wish I had booked for a female one... Otherwise everything was fine. Breakfast perfect for 1.5 £

• 21st Aug 2013

Very good hostel!! good price for london and nice atmosphere to meet other people.

stayed multiple times, recommended for budget backpackers

This is a great hostel and is very well-priced. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the employees are always helpful. Paul, one employee is very fun to be around and the overall feeling of the place is chummy. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone looking to have a good time in London without spending too much money. It's also in a good location so as to be out of some of the hustle and bustle but not too far from the city center as to be inconvenient in any way. Overall I had a great time.

• 21st Aug 2013

Okay place to stay for a night, similar to a few hostels-above-pubs I've stayed at in London.

I was not very happy with my stay at the Phoenix Hostel. I payed the same for three nights that I payed at another hostel for four - and got a much lower value for money, unfortunately. My bed was next to a window that couldn't be closed, because it was stuck, the bathrooms were not very clean and part of the staff was rather unfriendly. Location-wise it was still great, of course, and the very affordable breakfast was also a nice bonus. All in all, I wouldn't come back, though.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Austria

Phoenix is a good hostel with a good price in London and an excellent localisation. The staff is very cool, mainly jonatan that gave to me a lot of tips in english and french! =D The only thing that i miss in the hostel was a kitchen, but they have refrigerator. I recommend this hostel!

I will advice this budget, but very ca clean and nice located hostel for everybody. Please note that there is early check-inn. But you can allways stay on the lobby. I would like to say special Great thanks to Jonatan. He is night duty manager. He makes a great mood for every songle guest. The price for the pint is only 3 pounds.

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Bahamas

The staff are the best. Friendly and accomodating.

Very cheap