Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Quite a nice hostel for a night near Edgeware Road. The free breakfast was great, staff really friendly and helpful and all the facilities you would expect. The bar downstairs is cosy and atmospheric and it's easy to meet fellow travellers. Great to watch some World Cup matches on the big screen here. Comfortable beds, would recommend.

Stayed in a ten bed mixed dorm. Good location right next to Edgware Rd station; cheap breakfast which was nice, and free wifi. Rooms were creaky and there weren't enough plugs. Fine in every way, but tiny and not as nice as some of the YHA hostels in London.

There is quite no water pressure in showers, so it's hard to have the right temperature and therefore take a decent shower.

• 27th Jun 2014

I had a great time at Phoenix Hostel. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and tidy (someone would clean it once or twice daily). Although the rooms were a bit small (I lived in a 14 people room), it was a good environment for meeting new people. The bar downstairs had nice atmosphere and closes at around 11 or 12 so won't affect your sleep. For the price I paid, and especially in such an expensive city as London, I would recommend Phoenix Hostel.

Good spot. Nice staff.

Really friendly and helpful staff. In a nice quiet location near a central tube stop. Great value for being in London.

The first guy who greeted me at reception was really nice, but later the other receptionist didnt speak any english, hard for a traveler in a new country.

Amazing hostel great atmosphere and staff was great and helpful especially Paul was awesome. I will definitely stay here the next time I visit london.

Good value for money. Showers are a bit dodgy, but the beds are comfortable and the staff are friendly.

We enjoyed our stay at the Phoenix. Great location close to edgware rd underground station allowing you to get to anywhere you needed in London. Good facilities and beds. Wifi worked well in common areas. Great value for money in expensive london. Lost points for one of the staff members who we found to be overly rude on a number of occasions. But it was only one the rest were fantastic! Would definitely stay again.

Aengus is the best

• 18th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Very old facilities and mould in the shower as well as big queues in the morning for the shower rooms. Also, I found the 3-bed bunk beds quite difficult to sleep in. Furthermore there were only two plugs in a room for 14 people... If you're looking for something cheap then I guess this hostel is alright, especially since it's super central and offers an average breakfast for only £1.50. However, compared to all the other hostels I stayed at all over Europe for less money this one was the worst!

Friendly, helpful staff. Great location. Bit annoying having to use the keypad every time you want to enter the room. Would be helpful if you had the option of renting as opposed to having to buy a towl. I found the 3-bed bunk beds quite difficult to sleep in. I was on the top bunk, and found that I felt all the vibrations and movement from those below me. Enjoyed having breakfast in the downstairs bar in the morning.

• 7th Jun 2014

Paul was cool as hell! Very professional and thorough introduction and was pleasant. Let me use a charger and a phone so I could get a hold of a friend in the city. Thanks Paul!

Very cozy hostel, friendly staff, decent wifi.

I only have one not good thing to tell about it. When we left the hostel, we should come back there two weeks later and one of the guys asked me to send him an e-mail for booking us again. I did it. But he never booked. I sent more than 3 e-mails and in the last day, almost getting crazy about waiting so long for that, we decided to book another one, wich, unfortunately for Phoenix, we loved more. So, well, I dunno if I could come back again. Their fault after all.

Good: Great location, short walk to Edgware Road and Marylebone tube stations, quiet neighbourhood, friendly staffs, free wifi (accessible in the lobby, unstable in the rooms), cheap breakfast (only £1.50) Bad: Luggage storage not free (£2), bed very squeaky - even a slight body movement or a cough make the bed squeak like a dozen trains passing through a railway crossing... (Curiously, only my bed squeaks... The other beds in my room don't. I guess I'm just unlucky.)

This is a great little hostel! The staff are really friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is open and friendly. Has a really safe feel with no weirdos staying. The 18-35 rule is great! The staff do a good job of keeping the place pretty clean too. Thoroughly recommend this hostel to any young traveller who wants to meet other cool people.

• 30th May 2014

The Phoenix is a well located hostel, well priced with a friendly vibe, located 3 minutes walk from Edgware Road tube station you can be on the circle and city lines in no time. There is a well priced bar down stairs and the staff are very friendly and helpful, particularly Mathilde the breakfast girl she had some great recommendations about cuisine in the local area and are was one of the reasons I really enjoyed my stay here. All in all if you're in London I would recommend "The Phoenix" :D

We were here in the beginning of June and enjoyed our stay. Pretty chill place, and the staff were pretty cool too. Have to pay for breakfast but it was cheap from what I remember. Only issue, if you can call it that, was the outlet was far from our bed by a wall.