Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Phoenix hostel is a great place to stay, beds are comfy and clean, the only thing that I disliked was the fact they used keypad locks instead of card/keys. Every time you wanted to go upstairs you had to ask a staff member which seemed kind of annoying. Other than that the staff are very friendly, Paul was lovely and was always up for a chat. Matilda was super friendly and always had a smile on her face! I would stay there again. - Thomas

Great people, quite a good place especially because of the friendliness of the staff. The room was not especially big but everyone was friendly If you are travelling alone (and even if you're not)I recommend using London's "Barclay Bikes", £2/ day or £10/ week, there's a bike station just across the road and it's the cheapest and most enjoyable way of getting around the city. Hostel location is quite good, a quiet area near Paddington station, not too far from St Pancras and Euston.

• 18th May 2014

I was lucky to have such a great first hostel to stay at in London!, I was there for 2 weeks and didn't once have a problem apart from the no cooker part. The Atmosphere was really chilled out and comfortable, like a home away from home, Paul and John where always there for a chat and a laugh, this was the best way to start my time in London. I'll most defiantly be back and i'll recommend Phoenix to anyone travelling to London! -Claire

Nothing to complain about.. The rooms and toilets were clean, the staff was awesome, the breakfast was really good and the atmosphere was friendly. Really enjoyed staying at Phoenix!

• 14th May 2014
  • Portugal

For my stay i enjoyed a lot the hostel.Very friendly staff, like scotish paul / parisian girl High recommended

• 12th May 2014
  • Spain

In this word: Phoenix ! Will come back for sure :D

Amazing hostel! John, Paul, and Mathilde are some of the best staff I've encountered. The pub style common room is always full of guests and off duty staff hanging out and playing the board/card games provided by the hostel. Breakfast is self serve continental and at 1.50 pounds the best deal you'll find in London. Located near some awesome ethnic districts, with straight bus or tube transit to all the tourist sites and down the block from a few grocery stores. Most guests can't stay away!

• 9th May 2014

Very good staff, always there to give you informations, help and make your trip enjoyable. Good location, close to both of Edgware Road stations. Safe environment. The room and facilities are clean but not luxurious. An excellent value for money !

I planned on staying at the Phoenix Hostel for two nights but ended up extending twice. You normally don't see a staff so attentive and actively seeking to help. I was carrying a lot of luggage and they were prepared when I arrived early in the morning. I have stayed at several hostels and had to stay out waiting for them to open. Any question I had on the surrounding area they had the answer or would help research transportation on the Tube or trains.

• 7th May 2014

Really friendly staff and lovely atmosphere.

• 6th May 2014

Very good hostel : clean (which is unfortunately quite rare in this type of accomodation), pleasant area bar, friendly staff, good breakfast for only 1.50 pounds (several cereals, coffee, tea, butter, jam, yoghurts, fruits ..). Good location : London area 1 and quiet street. The only improvement to do would be to add some trays in bathrooms to put down your clothes. I definitely recommand this hostel ! ;).

John is awsome. Its such a lovely place to stay for backpackers. Got decent breakfast, bar, nice atmosphere all over the place. In the place like london where all the hostels and B&B are SO extremly expensive, phoenix hostel may be a perfect choice for budget travelers and to all the tourists.

Paul, John, Aaron and Bill, big thanks to you guys for making our stay awesome. Cheers for the drinks too, all the best! - Diego

• 1st May 2014
  • Spain

Phoenix Hostel is a ready rad place. They received us very well with some free beer and the reception guy was extremely friendly. The room and bathrooms were fairly good but could have been cleaner.

The Irish man in the reception, John welcomed me and he brought my luggage up to the second floor without accepting any tip.. He was a verly friendly person..

The staff was great! I felt at home right away! It's quite central and easy to get to by subway! The breakfast costs only 1.50 which is a great price in a city as expensive as London. I would come back any time!

Average hostel. I found it expensive for what you get. I was very disappointed to find out that they charge an extra 2 pounds just to leave your luggage in their storeroom! I had a bus that evening and chose to lug my bags around instead.As a traveller one often has to travel later in the day after checking out and most hostels offer this basic service. It sends the wrong message and made me feel like they were trying to extract more money from travellers. Would not recommend it for this reason.

Found my self not wanting to leave! The staff were extremely helpful and personal. Juan and Rocio kept the place clean and tidy I felt like I was at home. Best experience I have had at a hostel on my travels.

its really a good hostel

• 14th Apr 2014

This hostel very close to my business school LBS, best I can find in the area around. In terms of Staff, John and John both are amazing person, very helpful and friendly, ready to help you anytime. Breakfast is very cheap for 1.5 pounds, unlimited. Further internet works at lightening speed, saw lot of movies directly online. Further Tesco is just 2 minute walk and can get all food, drink and snacks. Overall loved this place. Its completely worth it, really value for money.