Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Nice hostel, good staff, I was in a 14-bed room but there was enough space, and only a few beds have power plugs next to them. Bathroom is tiny but clean, and there are enough for everyone.

This hostel did exactly what it needed to. Budget accommodation in London. Okay so the beds weren't the absolute best...but there was no fight for the bathroom/toilet facilities, I loved that the communal area was in a bar (!) and the staff were super friendly and chill. Plus the location is perfect! Would highly recommend for travellers who know not to expect the earth, moon and stars in Central London for £15,00 a night.

In the four days I was there I only had one hot shower. May want to look into that especially going into winter. Everything else was great, great value for the price i paid.

Non mettono a disposizione gli asciugamani che vengono però venduti a 5pound anche gli adattatori per le prese vengono Messi a disposizione ma a pagamento, stessa cifra più o meno! Le camerate sono multiple consigliabile portarsi un lucchetto! La colazione ha un costo di 1,50 pound

• 11th Nov 2014

Take my review with a grain of salt, at this was my first stay in London. This was a very ordinary hostel, however, I am aware that it is a fairly cheap hostel considering its location. The location was perfect for me, the staff were nice, the place was clean enough, the facilities good enough. The pub was great for all the beer drinkers.

Sehr nette und hilfsbereite Mitarbeiter, jedoch leider ein sehr altes Haus und dementsprechend renovierungsbedürftig. Die Zimmer sind sehr klein für 10 Leute und es gibt nicht genügend Schließfächer für alle. Die Betten sind auf den ersten Blick okay, jedoch sehr dünne Matratzen und daher sehr unangenehm und unbequem zum Schlafen. Es gibt einzelne Badezimmer, was sehr gut ist, jedoch alles sehr alt und wenig gepflegt. Dennoch war eine Grundsauberkeit da.

• 7th Nov 2014

Very nice staff. Beds feel kind of insecure, they move and make a lot of noise when someone goes on top.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Vicino la stazione della metropolitana, prezzi bassissimi, pulizia e personale simpatico! Consigliatissimo!

Great place, excellent staff. A+

Showers are in terrible repair. The rooms are crammed with beds to make money but there is no room for bags. It isn't a very clean place to be either. One staff member, in particular, was not very helpful.

• 29th Oct 2014

Super auberge ! Propre et personnel accueillant. En particulier jonatan !

• 29th Oct 2014

The hostel is what you pay for. The location is good, the staff are nice. The shower always seemed to stink because the bath mat was always wet. When people talked and smoked outside the fire escape door in the main lower floor room, you could smell it, hear it and if the light was in the room, they could most certainly see through it. Wifi was terrible Otherwise, it was good.

They pour an awesome Guiness

• 23rd Oct 2014

I found the staff member that greeted me initially to be very rude. The rest of the staff I encountered were better but no one was particularly friendly. They had lockers which was good. Bunks are three high in the room I was in which was uncomfortable in the small room. The price for the weekend I wanted to stay seemed very excessive for what was offered. Breakfast was good for the price and the Showers ran well once I figured out how they worked. Would be on for short stay

• 15th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Great spot, great atmosphere. Really friendly staff, Especially the Scot and Irishman

• 8th Oct 2014

I have booked the hostel for one night and then I decided to extend my stay for one more day, however I have been charged almost twice as much for an extra night. According to the staff the owner changes the price according to his will and that was not convenient.

The man at the reception (not Paul, the other one) who was there the 4th of october in the evening was really arrogant and disrespectful in the way he was speaking to us. We were 4 to wait at the desk and all have the same impression. Honestly, I never made any bad comment about the staff in any hostel ive ever went, because i always try to be comprehensive that maybe it is not a good day for that person. But in this case, it was horible! Also, the room was smelling soooooo bad, it was so small.

My least favorite hostel I've used on my monthlong trip. The bedroom was dimly lit, had no tables/shelves,

We are a couple we stayed just a few days, Too much noise on the rooms and on the beds, any movement on the beds causes noise and was so hard to try to sleep, the hostel was not really clean and the staff was not nice except the girl that usually works on morning.

• 1st Oct 2014