Phoenix Hostel Reviews

6 Daventry Street, London, England

Cramped rooms, small lockers and showers that need a bit of plumbing maintenance. Downstairs common area was good, having the bar was a bonus but there isn't a kitchen as advertised just a fridge and microwave crammed into a corner. Nice enough place though if you're looking for a cheap bed!

I liked so much the satying in the hostel the atmosphere is good, all is very clean and safe and the satfs (Jonatan and Paul) are very friendly and helpful.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Bon accueil par le staff très chaleureux, qui passe de la bonne musique dans le bar! Auberge dans un quartier calme, pas trop de bruit dans la rue le soir. Bon rapport qualité/prix!

The 6 beds dorm room is too small for 6 people. If you don't mind, then it will be a cheap place to stay in London .

I like my stay there, but one friend have to many troubles with one of the staff, some bald, short, chuby guy, he wasn't to cooperative. But other one, Jonatthan, was the man. He was very helpfull and very cool guy!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

If you'd like a large spacious hostel with pristine facilities and an extremely lively environment, this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for a cheap place to stay for a night and you're willing to deal with very little room just for a place to sleep, I would recommend Phoenix Hostel to you.

• 16th Sep 2014

Phoenix Hostel is a 8 min walk to Edgware Road tube station and a 5 min walk to the bus stop so in terms of convenience, it was great! The lounge/bar was a great place to chill and relax and to meet other fellow travelers. In my room, there were 3 bunk beds, so the occupancy was 6 people. There were lockers in our room so I was glad about that. Remember to bring a lock so you can lock your belongings! The shower/washroom could be a bit cleaner in my opinion. The staff/receptionists were nice!!

• 15th Sep 2014

I really enjoyed staying at the Phoenix Hostel. The staff was very friendly. There are some lockers in the shared 6-bed rooms, so bring your own lock. There's one computer that you can use, sometimes occupied by others, depending on the time you want to use it (usually, in the evening and morning, there is always someone that need to check something in the internet). The location is really cool. However, you'll need to take a bus or the tube to get to some main attractions. Daily cleaning. Nice!

• 12th Sep 2014

The bathrooms were not clean. The rooms were very cramped and had three person bunk beds that were very rickety. The linen was clean but the mattress and duvet were gross. I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• 12th Sep 2014

Très bonne auberge, je recommande.

• 11th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel. Great location and nice staff. It is a little shame that you have to have your own pad lock and one cannot rent a locker. Also the price can range a lot. I booked it for 12 a night but sometimes it can go up to 30 so it depends on luck really. Anyway, I like this hostel.

only in and out of this hostel and its not a bad place to stay. rooms are s bit cramped but the staff was great and good for the money

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Phoenix. The staff were super friendly and the common area was great for socializing. would recommend to anyone.

I really enjoyed my stay at St. Phoenix. The hostel is in a great location, my fellow visitors were friendly, and the facilities were clean. I enjoyed meeting and talking with the hostel staff as well as the other visitors. Most of all, St. Phoenix has good facilities in a great location for a cheap price.

• 8th Sep 2014

Nice and clean hostel for a good price just 5 min walk from Princess St. and Bus Station. More quiet then the "Party hostels" in the old town part. The beds are all quite new and had good matratzes. Not so much a place to hang out but to get a good nights sleep for a reasonable price. Just what I wanted. Very friendly and helpfull stuff. Kitchen is missing basics like salt, pepper and oil but is was always clean. Thanks for The nice stay.

• 8th Sep 2014

Basic accommodation, but at a good price

Nice, clean, central location. Great atmosphere, friendly and welcoming staff, especially Piotr. Thanks !

I booked this hostel in a week that was half price. I got excellent value for money. The staff are great. Paul is the funniest Scotsmen I've met. He mans the bar while entertaining anyone who will listen (or can't escape) with his rants about Scottish independence. Showers were plentiful and clean. Hostel lacks some facilities like laundry, but this poses no issue since shops are close. Lots of friendly people but hostel doesn't have a "party" vibe. This suited me perfectly.

I stayed in a 14 bed dorm that had a few bunks that were 3 beds high and you couldn't even sit up on the middle bed. When I took my sheets up as requested when I checked out the duvet was disgusting, stains everywhere. I wouldnt recommend this hostel to anyone, it wasn't even that cheap for what you get.

This hostel was cheap but didn't provide anything (towels are for sale, not even for rent). The triple bunk beds were awful and made the room cramped. Bathrooms rundown. Entry system is inefficient - the staff has to open it for you but they often weren't there due to checking people in or handling other duties. Location is not the worst (10 min from Baker St) but not the best either. The staff was great/helpful but overworked. To mgmt: Get more staff, provide towels, and renovate the bathrooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6