Phong Nha Hotel Reviews

2/34 (10/10) Nguyen, Tri Phuong, Hue, Vietnam

Nice hotel with really comfy beds! (They are usually pretty hard in Vietnam). The bathroom could have been a bit cleaner, but all in all it's a good place for a short stay. The staff is a bit keen on selling you bus trips right on your arrival though.

Staff were very helpful with booking buses, tours etc. and even helped us out when a your company for ha long bay ripped us off! The room was ok but the location was right in the middle of old town and easy to get around. The wifi worked and the showers were hot, good value for money all in all!

Only stayed there one night. Was ok nothing special but good for the price. Staff's English and service was pretty poor. You get what you pay for

Very helpful staff, very easy to hire motorbikes, good range of cheap foods on offer & located amongst some great restaurants.

Great value for money, clean rooms with really comfortable bed, fridge stocked with drinks, tv and large bathroom. Friendly helpful staff and in area with some nice places to eat and drink I would definitely stay here again if in hue and highly recommend this place.

• 27th Apr 2014

I booked a room to myself with a double bed, and even though the hostel seemed nearly empty, they couldn't give me the room I requested and instead I was in a room with 4 twin beds. Alone, thankfully. They did not help me to book my bus ticket for the next day, and only one of the 5 people that worked there seemed to speak any English. I ordered a simple fried egg breakfast and it took 40 minutes. And it wasn't even good. Close enough to bars and restaurants, staff was firiendly if not helpful.

***BED BUGS!*** Do not stay here, the room my friend and I shared was crawling with bed bugs! We only realised this at midnight, however, the people at reception did not seem to care at all. I had to insist that I was not going to sleep in the room and demanded a different one, finally I got one. The next day the hotel didn't offer any discount and refused to reimburse me for the laundry they had already done and ruined with the bugs. I usually do not leave bad reviews but this hotel was a joke

• 23rd Apr 2014

overall great stay no problems, clean and everybody was friendly, can find cheaper transfers to Hanoi elsewhere and café opposite was a god send.

Absolutely wonderful staff that were so helpful and persevering with fine detail to make further bookings work smoothly and without any chance of a hiccup. The room was spacious, quiet, clean and with all necessities - when there was a concern it was dealt with and no fuss. Close to shops, food and a quick walk to the river and 5min pedalbike ride to the citadel. A fantastic stay made possible by the staff - so happy, welcoming, helpful and ready for a joke. Thankyou, thankyou.

This place is a little tricky to find as it's hidden down a backstreet, otherwise all was well.

Cheapest hotel ever! Had a private twin room with a bathroom for 10 $, sheets and towels changed every night, in walking distance to everything, awesome. Food was poor, but Café on Thu Wheels just across the alley has great food (and great tours) for no money.

We had a large room, with a hot shower and bath for 200 dong! There are heaps of great eats about too. The staff were always welcoming and helpful.

Recommended. I don't really remember anything specifically notable about this place, nor do I have any complaints about my stay here. Everything was in order, the staff were helpful, the rooms were clean and nicely appointed. I would stay here again.

Nice hotel, friendy always around to help you. Set in a nice location not far from all the sites and local. Would be happy to stay here again.