Phong Nha Hotel Reviews

2/34 (10/10) Nguyen, Tri Phuong, Hue, Vietnam

Very helpful staff, very easy to hire motorbikes, good range of cheap foods on offer & located amongst some great restaurants.

Great value for money, clean rooms with really comfortable bed, fridge stocked with drinks, tv and large bathroom. Friendly helpful staff and in area with some nice places to eat and drink I would definitely stay here again if in hue and highly recommend this place.

• 27th Apr 2014

I booked a room to myself with a double bed, and even though the hostel seemed nearly empty, they couldn't give me the room I requested and instead I was in a room with 4 twin beds. Alone, thankfully. They did not help me to book my bus ticket for the next day, and only one of the 5 people that worked there seemed to speak any English. I ordered a simple fried egg breakfast and it took 40 minutes. And it wasn't even good. Close enough to bars and restaurants, staff was firiendly if not helpful.

***BED BUGS!*** Do not stay here, the room my friend and I shared was crawling with bed bugs! We only realised this at midnight, however, the people at reception did not seem to care at all. I had to insist that I was not going to sleep in the room and demanded a different one, finally I got one. The next day the hotel didn't offer any discount and refused to reimburse me for the laundry they had already done and ruined with the bugs. I usually do not leave bad reviews but this hotel was a joke

• 23rd Apr 2014

overall great stay no problems, clean and everybody was friendly, can find cheaper transfers to Hanoi elsewhere and café opposite was a god send.

Absolutely wonderful staff that were so helpful and persevering with fine detail to make further bookings work smoothly and without any chance of a hiccup. The room was spacious, quiet, clean and with all necessities - when there was a concern it was dealt with and no fuss. Close to shops, food and a quick walk to the river and 5min pedalbike ride to the citadel. A fantastic stay made possible by the staff - so happy, welcoming, helpful and ready for a joke. Thankyou, thankyou.

This place is a little tricky to find as it's hidden down a backstreet, otherwise all was well.

We had a large room, with a hot shower and bath for 200 dong! There are heaps of great eats about too. The staff were always welcoming and helpful.

Recommended. I don't really remember anything specifically notable about this place, nor do I have any complaints about my stay here. Everything was in order, the staff were helpful, the rooms were clean and nicely appointed. I would stay here again.

Nice hotel, friendy always around to help you. Set in a nice location not far from all the sites and local. Would be happy to stay here again.

Phong Nha was the BEST place from all during our trip around Vietnam. It was the cheapest, the staff was great and helpful, localisation also (close to the city center but very quiet), and the room itself was better than others we stayed in Vietnam. Number one on our trip!