Phongsavanh Resort Reviews

Phongsavanh Resort, Baan Poorn Peng, Vang Vieng, Laos

Great hostel with very friendly staff. Only issue was that they didn't provide free maps.

Great place to stay and visit. Watch to top stair to room 2 it has a big gap in it.

Beautiful place, lovely big rooms with TV, ensuite and aircon. Staff are very friendly and helpful, and they serve food and drink all day long, with free tea, coffee and water. They also book tours, buses, and have bikes and motorbikes for hire. Slightly out of town but only 5mins walk, and means it is in a nice and quiet area. Only downside is that the wifi is intermittent and slow when it does work.

Neil and Anu the owners are lovely. We had a great stay here and kept extending our time in Vang Vieng because of this wonderful place. My friend and I shared a double room which was spacious and had aircon, TV etc. Only negatives are that the shower was impossible to get satisfyingly hot for longer than 20 secs and the wifi was dodgy (although this was the case everywhere we tried around vang vieng) However these was totally outweighed by the location, food and friendly staff.

We stayed in a superior double room - it was huge with tonnes of natural light. I really loved the secluded relaxed feeling of the resort. It was a little bit noisy early mornings with roosters, dogs, chickens and pigs however that's pretty common in SE Asia! I would definitely recommend staying here!

Great place to stay walking distance to Main Street but far enough away that you can relax. Neil the manager and his wife were amazingly helpfull and great food there as well. I'll defiantly be back!

The best accomodation we had through whole of Laos ! I would defenitely go there again. Just outside the centre (5 min. walk) where you are not bothered by all the bars and drunk people. Great to lay down in the hammats and it's just an oasis of rest ! Heavenly ! Tip ; book a kayaking / cave trip at the front desk for the whole day ! The nature is breath taking and they pick you up and drop you off at the resort, perfect !!

The location is good. It's a 5 minute walk to tourist strip of restaurant and guesthouses. The staff was helpful with booking tours. My friend had one lukewarm shower in the evening but otherwise the shower had hot water the other times. My only complaint is there isn't Internet access in the guestroom only in the check-in/dining area.

Very good hotel run by a nice and helpful Englishman. Rooms were large, clean, and had good a/c. The resort had a pleasant courtyard and was secluded from the rest of town, but only about 5 minutes away by walking. My only compliant would be that the hot water never really got much more than like warm, but was an otherwise excellent stay.

I can highly recommend the stay at Phongsavanah Resort to anyone looking to be a tad outside the centre (literally a 2 minute walk) to enjoy benefits such as an amazing garden where you can chill o a hammock, clean & cosy rooms and really nice and helpful staff. They also organise day trips, buses and provide free drinking water. I've had a great stay!

Really nice hostel set in a lovely garden area. Five minute walk from main strip. Rooms were decent sized and clean. Guy on reception was really friendly and helpful - suggested hostel in Vientiane. Breakfast at hostel was good (you have to pay separately). WIFI was rubbish but the hostel knows and is working hard to fix this - Internet in Laos is generally poor. Would recommend - definitely value for money.