Phuket Backpacker Reviews

165 Ranong Rd. Maung T. Taladyai Phuket, Phuket, Thailand

I was supposed to stay here for 1 night and ended up staying for 8 days. the staff was great. the girls are so adorable and super sweet. if you want to stay in phuket town I reccomend this place. they were very accommodating. A+ when it comes to most of the hostels I've stayed in. wish I could have reviewed all of them but did not book them all with hostelworld.com. cheers guys! thanks for having me!

Staff so happy and friendly all the time. Thai guy (wish I remembered his name) worked night /morning shift was amazing. I got really sick from some street Pad Thai and he did everything in his power to make me feel better. The only thing that really didn't help was they don't turn AC on in dorms until 10pm on off season, so with my upset tummy and trying to get rest that didn't help, but I am sure they would have turned it on if I asked. LOL

Wish staff interacted more

The hostel itself has a good location in phuket town near the buses to the beaches. the social areas are nice and open, there was one guy who worked there who was a bit of a muppet but the girls are all great. the food from the restaurant was quite nice as well and reasonbly priced, though if i was to recommend somewhere to eat id go to the little cafe in the produce market we dubbed "the place to be" 50baht for a large chang! bargain, and the owner is hilariously miserable.

• 30th Jul 2014

Really nice hotel but the old town is dead we payed to stay for 2 night and moved to patong after 1 as we got bored

• 20th Jul 2014

We spend a night here after comng over from koh phi phi, its a well run backpackers, big social area, lots of DVDs and a big tv to watch them on, the staff were very helpful, we only stayed one night as that's really all you need to see the old town. Only bad point was our room was not in the main builting, but 3 doors down and behind another business. But apart from that it was a good stay!

The hostel is pretty good but unfortunately the toilet and bath facilities are very limited.

• 24th Jun 2014

Very impressive hostel! Great downstairs area with DVDs, computers, bar, restaurant, pool table, board games, books etc. bathrooms were clean. However the sliding dorm doors had no lock

This hostel is great. Have a nice peoples around eith their great cleanliness. I'll come again. It worth the value compare than others hostel around. The facilities is also in good condition. Recommended!

I was sick staying here so may be a little biased. On the positive side, staff were very enthusiastic (those that could speak English anyway) and there were plenty of couches to laze around and watch movies from. 7 11 is literally 2 doors down. Showers wee reasonable. On the negative, Phuket city was not very very fun, and it was cramped, crowded and stinky. The "rooms" in the hostel were all in one big room with thin walls in between. Not enough room for bags in small room.

Would not recommend. You can find better options for a similar price. The place smell bad and is very hot.

It was a nice place and easy to locate. Staff were all friendly and give good recommendation to places.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

The staff are very kind, they make a big effort to make you feel confortable, I'm glad to went there, I totally recomend that place!

• 6th May 2014
  • Chile

Hostel in Phuket town,good when you arrive by bus but far away from beaches...Clean and good staff.but the rooms weren't locked (you use your key to enter downstairs),and the lockers are too small for a backpack.I didn't see anyone downstairs when I arrived at 8pm,so not sure about the atmosphere.Price unbeatable by the way (200 baht for a dorm).

Really fantastic place, great place to chill and the staff were really cool. One thing though, the dorms are in one big room so they share the light and AC