Phuket Backpacker Reviews

165 Ranong Rd. Maung T. Taladyai Phuket, Phuket, Thailand

Great value for money and atmosphere. Only downside for us was distance and cost to get to airport..but good if you're wanting to stay in Phuket! A good value, basic hostel :)

I was only there one night, but I had a nice stopover before heading off to the other islands. Quite close to the old town, which is nice at night. Otherwise, it is not in a very exciting location if you are looking for the beaches or active nightlife. However, the location is convenient for a lot of other things. Facilities were comfortable, and the hostel has a good common area to meet other travelers.

I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and it was tiny! Probably the smallest hostel room I've ever stayed in. In saying that, it wasn't really a room, more of a 'pod' because the walls didn't reach the ceiling, so it could be pretty noisy, I also woke up absolutely covered in bites that I didn't have before going to bed, so I can only assume bed bugs :-(

Really nice hostel with many, quality common areas. Clean and well maintained it is in the perfect location to explore phuket town. Right near a bus station to patong which is cheep and easy to catch. Aircon wasn't the greatest, turned on late at night and off early in the morning which made sleeping in quite difficult.

It's good if you things to do like going to the immigration. Other than that I wouldn't stay there, the atmosphere was barely existent, the staff was not the friendliest, there's only one air con for a whole room that is divided into several little rooms with paper walls, so the cold air doesn't even reach the back of the room = it was quite hot at night. I had huge cuts and stains on my linen and pillow. Unfortunately I wouldn't stay there again. Basically you get what you pay for.

Lots of things broken in the bathroom so only one working sink between a floor of more than 20. Boiling hot rooms until the air con is switched on quite late. Not the most polite lady checking us in but the guy the following day was really nice, storing our bag and giving us bus info

Well located from the nice areas but if you're looking for fun, this is not your hostel. Is at the other side of "fun Phuket" and also it almost has not atmosphere. Nice for resting and visiting walking streets and markets.

It is centrally located in Phuket city, good wifi. Air on in rooms at night only, but that is ok. Good coffee and the staff were very helpful! Decent places to sit that weren't hard chairs.free lockers for valuables and charging point by all the beds. Great!

Hostel is good, lady in reception in the afternoon /night is really kind ;) the guy that comes after her just stay upstairs and sleep. Not helpful at all. They have the most expensive beer in all thailand (140b for a big bottle of chang), but you can find cheaper nearby. Overall it was a good experience because there was lots of good people there.

Really comfy beds and clean bathrooms! Easy location to get around Phuket, really close to local bus stop which provides cheap transport to many places! Would be nice if there was soap in the bathrooms, also lights in bedroom controlled outside so about 5 other rooms have access so light can go on and off a lot

The place was practically empty but it was nice and quiet. It was so hot but the rooms had fans that at least blew the air around.

I had such a great stay here, the staff are exceptional and have really helped me out on my trip! Firstly I changed my dates around which was no problem for them at all, they then kept my luggage while I went to phi phi for a night to return back to my own bed it felt like home! Never met such helpful staff and for that I can't thank you enough. Really good location, clean and comfortable. If you're staying in Phuket town you need to stay here!! Close to food market and weekend market!

If you need a quiet place not like Patong in Phuket island, here is a perfect dorm for you. Clean, quiet, friendly. The only bad thing is that they just switch on the A.C after 9pm, it means quite hot during the afternoon.

Great location, right next to Old Phuket Town! Only downsides were that there often (never!!) no toilet paper in the toilets upstairs bathrooms. The aircon didn't come on till quite late too which made it a tad bit stuffy, however there a loads of local places to relax and cool down..can't go wrong on a short stay!

good place to stay for a couple of days

• 30th Nov 2015

Get what you pay for, if you want a cheap place to crash in between island hopping etc then it's good for that

This place was so nice. It is a very nice place for the amount of money we paid. The staff were also very sweet and helpful. Overall, I would recommend Phuket Backpacker Hostel.

Cheap hostel in Phuket town which I liked a lot more than I thought I would. Well away from patong which was perfect as I wanted to avoid it. The town was surprisingly great and the hostel was in the middle of local Thai markets and shops. Only problem was the rooms were so hot and they will not turn the air con on until 10pm and it was uncomfortable to say the least. Otherwise a good cheap hostel to see the nicer non tourist side of Phuket

staff extremely friendly and helpful, made to feel very welcome soon as we walked in, helped me out after i had lost my card with trying to sort out calling my bank in Australia

• 13th Nov 2015

The rooms are only seperated by dividers that are thin and dont go up to the ceiling, so you are ineffect sharing a room with on the floor. Makes it smelly and noisy. Not good place to stay

• 13th Nov 2015