Phuket Backpacker Reviews

165 Ranong Rd. Maung T. Taladyai Phuket, Phuket, Thailand

Really nice hotel but the old town is dead we payed to stay for 2 night and moved to patong after 1 as we got bored

• 20th Jul 2014

We spend a night here after comng over from koh phi phi, its a well run backpackers, big social area, lots of DVDs and a big tv to watch them on, the staff were very helpful, we only stayed one night as that's really all you need to see the old town. Only bad point was our room was not in the main builting, but 3 doors down and behind another business. But apart from that it was a good stay!

The hostel is pretty good but unfortunately the toilet and bath facilities are very limited.

• 24th Jun 2014

Very impressive hostel! Great downstairs area with DVDs, computers, bar, restaurant, pool table, board games, books etc. bathrooms were clean. However the sliding dorm doors had no lock

This hostel is great. Have a nice peoples around eith their great cleanliness. I'll come again. It worth the value compare than others hostel around. The facilities is also in good condition. Recommended!

I was sick staying here so may be a little biased. On the positive side, staff were very enthusiastic (those that could speak English anyway) and there were plenty of couches to laze around and watch movies from. 7 11 is literally 2 doors down. Showers wee reasonable. On the negative, Phuket city was not very very fun, and it was cramped, crowded and stinky. The "rooms" in the hostel were all in one big room with thin walls in between. Not enough room for bags in small room.

Would not recommend. You can find better options for a similar price. The place smell bad and is very hot.

It was a nice place and easy to locate. Staff were all friendly and give good recommendation to places.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

The staff are very kind, they make a big effort to make you feel confortable, I'm glad to went there, I totally recomend that place!

• 6th May 2014
  • Chile

Hostel in Phuket town,good when you arrive by bus but far away from beaches...Clean and good staff.but the rooms weren't locked (you use your key to enter downstairs),and the lockers are too small for a backpack.I didn't see anyone downstairs when I arrived at 8pm,so not sure about the atmosphere.Price unbeatable by the way (200 baht for a dorm).

Really fantastic place, great place to chill and the staff were really cool. One thing though, the dorms are in one big room so they share the light and AC

Friendly people, nice room which are very clean and comfortable, price is also okay, very good place to stay :)

Great staff. Amazing DVD collection and DVD players in private rooms. Comfortable and clean. Would stay again.

Great environment and good location. They also let us DJ our music at night when we were drinking, highly recommended. Also Pook at the reception is the absolute BEST!! *Wilson and his Doggy friend from Canada

DVD available for rental, staff very helpful, room a bit dated but very cheap so can't complain! Security gate and fob entry for late at night, good communal tv area, bar and pool table in reception area.

• 30th Mar 2014

Staff were awesome and very friendly (pook. Tang and art). Loved my stay there met heaps of other travellers, who I met later on in my trip also. Would definitely stay there again if I am ever in phuket town again.

Great and comfortable for the time being.

Ok place to stay, was a little let down by cleanliness of the communal area when I sat down in the gorgeous garden out back to the smell of ketchup.... It was all over the cushion and it stayed there for the whole time I was there. The indoor communal area was ok but didn't get much of a 'backpacker' vibe here. Otherwise staff are very friendly and make a great effort to speak English.

Great atmosphere, staff accommodated to our 2am arrival time. Only issue was I got bed bugs but they gave me a new bed without question. Just make sure you check your bed first just in case!

Very clean and spacious with a great atmosphere. Very sociable. A young girl named Pook checked me in and was always there to help going out of her way to make sure I had everything I needed. It was a lovely stay.

• 26th Feb 2014