Phuket Backpacker Reviews

165 Ranong Rd. Maung T. Taladyai Phuket, Phuket, Thailand

Great staff. Amazing DVD collection and DVD players in private rooms. Comfortable and clean. Would stay again.

DVD available for rental, staff very helpful, room a bit dated but very cheap so can't complain! Security gate and fob entry for late at night, good communal tv area, bar and pool table in reception area.

• 30th Mar 2014

Staff were awesome and very friendly (pook. Tang and art). Loved my stay there met heaps of other travellers, who I met later on in my trip also. Would definitely stay there again if I am ever in phuket town again.

Great and comfortable for the time being.

Great atmosphere, staff accommodated to our 2am arrival time. Only issue was I got bed bugs but they gave me a new bed without question. Just make sure you check your bed first just in case!

Very clean and spacious with a great atmosphere. Very sociable. A young girl named Pook checked me in and was always there to help going out of her way to make sure I had everything I needed. It was a lovely stay.

• 26th Feb 2014

Staff are really nice and the atmosphere is pretty good. Probably could be better located but that's hard to change! Good value for money

Hostel was worth the price...bathroom in the 2 person room was not that great...had to switch the room...location is in the centre of phuket town...good location if u dont like to party in patong...the cocktails of the hostel are really bad!!!staff was friendly

Good: very clean and nicely decorated (good on the eyes!). Late check-in available. Plenty of shower/toilets for everyone, didn't have to wait. Bad: staff were quite unhelpful and didn't reply to two emails we sent asking about late check-in and airport pick-up. They also seemed surprised when we asked for our key deposit back, gave us the impression that they don't give it back unless you specifically ask- bit cheeky.

Well designed.Nice small garden.All local buses in every direction park just outside the main door.Great fruit shakes!:))

This place is a good 20 minute walk from the Bus terminal. The hostel is excellently designed with lot of common area, movie rooms, computers, etc. There are limited number of beds in each room, which is a great thing and good enough bathrooms. All in all a great place to stay and meet fellow travellers.

My stay here was OKAY. There wasn't much to do in this area. It was quiet but I would definitely consider an area with more activities. I was disappointed in the room. I didn't have super high expectations since I could only get a fan room, and the piece of sheet I received to cover up with was absolutely ridiculous. I could barely cover my body. Also, the service reps were not attentive at all. They wouldn't even acknowledge my presence while waiting for them to finish up their "busy work".

Walking to the room was like walking through a smelly prison. The room itself also smelled really bad, although it was nice enough inside, albeit aging. Staff unhelpful especially in the morning trying to get a taxi to the bus terminal. Basically got shoved into their mates rip off taxi. We later found out that by walking 5 minutes we could have got a standard public taxi that would have cost way cheaper.

We were stuck on the second floor of the hostel that smelled of Duck poop. There is a duck farm on the back of the hostel so the whole second floor smells of poop. The host was kind of an ass about the whole situation. The bathrooms were filled with little bugs that looked like roaches that were crawling out of the wall, it was disgusting. Needless to say I would not recommend this place to anyone. The common area wasn't too bad though and its a decent location for the bus.

One of my favourite hostels I've ever stayed in! I also just booked 1 night to start due to the lack of reviews but loved it so much I decided to stay for 3 nights. Very comfy beds with duvet, private bathroom, great working a/c, helpful and lovely staff and comfortable atmosp atmosphere. I definitely recommend staying here.

The room was fine. Having a tv was nice, but to get anywhere was expensive, until we found out bout the busses. It would have been nice to have been told about them by the staff.

Really disliked this hostel had no atmosphere realy hard to meet people location was really bad nothing to do at night if you want to meet people or party dont stay here! Also i wouldn't say it was a 4 bed dorm its more like a big room diveded into smaller room could hear people in all different "rooms" very nosey! Only good thing I could say waas it was very clean.

It was ok

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Croatia

It was a really good choise to book a room in Phuket Backpacker. The location was good, the staff was great and the room was nice and clean. In case I will come to Phuket again, I will surely choose your hostel again! :)

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Finland

We just stayed for one night. The double bed ensuite private room was clean, nice and worth the money. There is a nice hang out and bar area. We would stay here again!