Phuket Backpacker Reviews

165 Ranong Rd. Maung T. Taladyai Phuket, Phuket, Thailand

At first I didnt expect that much for the hostel cuz its quite cheap, but when I got there I realize that it such a nice place, clean and stuff. Me and my friend very impressive with this hostel and also people are friendly. :D if u need a nice hostel with friendly people and staff so I recommend this place. Beside this place quite far from the beach but u can take the local bus to get to the beach !!! Is in front of the hostel !!

Stayed only 1 night as a launching point towards phi phi island. It's far from airport but near the ferry dock. Staff is nice and dorms are clean. Pretty convenient if you are passing by in phuket!

Good hostel but far away of everything. Beach, airport, pier and party.

I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights and I will highly recommend other people to go here as well. It's clean, cosy and the staff is nice (Special thanks to Art for being so kind and helpful).

• 5th Jan 2014

Great set up and facilities and helpful staff, just was a bit away from everything that was happening in Patong. Phuket town we found there not much to be happening from a tourists point of view. Actual hostel was great!

• 29th Dec 2013

We stayed in a double ensuite room, which was a good size and clean. The hostel has a 7 eleven store right next door and a bus stop outside to take you to where you want to go on Phuket. Some staff are excellent and some are less so but overall we were very happy here.

Phuket Backpaker was the only hostel in Thailand I did not enjoy staying in. After one night, I left for a cheaper, but better priced, and more accommodating hostel. The hostel is abnormally dirty, and it's clear that they do not change sheets or pillow cases after their guests leave. It seems that they are more concerned with making money than valuing their customers; they keep theirs guests wanting to check out waiting while they tend to guests who want to buy tour packages and cruises.

• 16th Dec 2013

Helpful staff and convenient location. The only thing is that it can get loud during night in the "dorm room" since it's not completely separated by a wall from the floor. And the fridge can't be closed properly, so don't store your stuff in there.

cheaper to book with hostelworld than to just walk-in. good hostel located not so central

Hostel jest polozony w miescie Phuket, nie przy plazy. Wiec jesli komus zalezy na plazy to lepiej poszukac czego innego. Malo miejsca w pokojach oraz slychac sasiada, zimno w nocy przez klimatyzacje. Generalnie miejsce sie sprawdza na krotki pobyt.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Poland

Staff was nice and helpfull; location is good and the atmosphere is nice, in a way to make a young backpacker feel confortable. Problems: the rooms are really small (even the double rooms); me and 2 friends of mine (in the same and in different dorms!) had to ask to change the bed linen, because they were still dirty from the person who had slept there before us.

Only stayed here one night after a horrendously long journey; room was okay but the block we were in was a few doors down from the hostel bar/reception and the door wasn't locked. Seemed to be a bit of a party hostel from the bar so if you're into that then it's probably a good place to go. Went straight to Phi Phi the next day so I can't comment on the location!

The room was more like a cell. We had 4 bed dorm and basically there were some 40 cm between both beds, so if you are in a 'room' you must be in a bed. Apart from that everything was fine, I mean they have a nice bar downstairs, friendly staff. Location so, so....need to rent scooter to get to the beach and nothing much around to do.

First hostel we stayed in, in Thailand that actually felt like a hostel. Very friendly helpful staff, good affordable excursions to James Bond island and phi phi. Location a bit boring in Phuket town if u wanna party head to patong!

Hostel itself is fine with good beds and showers all of which felt clean. However was hard to meet people despite large sofa/chill area and bar, but i think i was unlucky as there were alot of couples and it was bad weather. Security only had a small locker and coulnt lock the sliding dorm door. Central location in phuket town but nothing to do there - especially at night! Would stay again if i need a transit point

Staff were ok but when we arrived we wasn't put in a 4 bed dorm that we booked we was put in a 6 dorm so we didn't stay at all we went to a different place.

The staff was really nice and helpful and the place was very clean. The food was cheap and good as well! I'd stay there again

we stayed there just few hours before taking the boat for ko Phi Phi, the hostel is quite clean, but the staff is really unfriendly, but it's full of young people so if you want to meet people it's perfect.

it was low season and not a lot of people about but enough to talk to people .It changed from when i was last there , they added a new open play restaurant .

1 2 Next » last »