Phuket Backpacker Reviews

165 Ranong Rd. Maung T. Taladyai Phuket, Phuket, Thailand

Hostel was worth the price...bathroom in the 2 person room was not that great...had to switch the room...location is in the centre of phuket town...good location if u dont like to party in patong...the cocktails of the hostel are really bad!!!staff was friendly

Good: very clean and nicely decorated (good on the eyes!). Late check-in available. Plenty of shower/toilets for everyone, didn't have to wait. Bad: staff were quite unhelpful and didn't reply to two emails we sent asking about late check-in and airport pick-up. They also seemed surprised when we asked for our key deposit back, gave us the impression that they don't give it back unless you specifically ask- bit cheeky.

Nice place to stop in Phuket town with good bus links to the various beaches in the area. Pool table is nice, the staff need to practice more though.

Well designed.Nice small garden.All local buses in every direction park just outside the main door.Great fruit shakes!:))

This place is a good 20 minute walk from the Bus terminal. The hostel is excellently designed with lot of common area, movie rooms, computers, etc. There are limited number of beds in each room, which is a great thing and good enough bathrooms. All in all a great place to stay and meet fellow travellers.

My stay here was OKAY. There wasn't much to do in this area. It was quiet but I would definitely consider an area with more activities. I was disappointed in the room. I didn't have super high expectations since I could only get a fan room, and the piece of sheet I received to cover up with was absolutely ridiculous. I could barely cover my body. Also, the service reps were not attentive at all. They wouldn't even acknowledge my presence while waiting for them to finish up their "busy work".

Walking to the room was like walking through a smelly prison. The room itself also smelled really bad, although it was nice enough inside, albeit aging. Staff unhelpful especially in the morning trying to get a taxi to the bus terminal. Basically got shoved into their mates rip off taxi. We later found out that by walking 5 minutes we could have got a standard public taxi that would have cost way cheaper.

We were stuck on the second floor of the hostel that smelled of Duck poop. There is a duck farm on the back of the hostel so the whole second floor smells of poop. The host was kind of an ass about the whole situation. The bathrooms were filled with little bugs that looked like roaches that were crawling out of the wall, it was disgusting. Needless to say I would not recommend this place to anyone. The common area wasn't too bad though and its a decent location for the bus.

One of my favourite hostels I've ever stayed in! I also just booked 1 night to start due to the lack of reviews but loved it so much I decided to stay for 3 nights. Very comfy beds with duvet, private bathroom, great working a/c, helpful and lovely staff and comfortable atmosp atmosphere. I definitely recommend staying here.

1 2 Next » last »