Phuttachot Resort Phi Phi Reviews

Moo.7 T.Ao-nang, Muang krabi, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

Off the beaten track and a good walk from the pier but worth the money as the rooms were nice. One of the rooms the air con wasn't working very well which was a shame.

Located quite a hike from the beach and even further from the pier, so if you're looking for beach-front this isn't the place to stay. Not much of an atmosphere as you really only see the staff (the owner or his wife) when you are entering or leaving the hostel. Bathroom wasn't much to be desired- shower sprayed all over the toilet, but room was clean and had AC. Everything in Phi Phi was expensive including this place for what you got.

Facilities at Puttachot are nice. Unfortunately that's about it. First of all, the HostelWorld ad is misleading. It states on the first line that all rooms are air conditioned. Not true. When I got there they tried to get me to pay another 300 bhat for an AC room, and refused to give me any of my money back when I tried to leave. Also, the map location on HostelWorld is incorrect. They would have you believe they're right on the beach, but are in fact at least a 15 minute walk inland.

Sheets were not clean, bathroom mirror was unusable, no house keeping. Price is double of others at this level in the area

• 8th May 2014

room was big with a balcony - very clean. They even collected us at the pier with our luggage and dropped us back (its a free service but would have been so difficult to carry all our bags!). Close to the town (about 5-10 min walk to the pier). not in the party zone which suited us too.

The hotel staff was dishonest in their booking procedures. We were given a fan room with no AC despite booking AC and made to pay extra just to get what we were promised in the first place.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Good points: Very friendly, helpful staff, one of whom helped carry our stuff from the pier to the hostel. Excellent location. Yes, it's a ten-minute walk from the pier, but it's still pretty close to the main bars and restaurants, yet far enough outside the village to avoid the loud music at night. Bad points: Wifi was so-so. Rooms were a little on the sandy side (difficult to avoid this given the location though) Air-con was good but a little slow to get going Overall, very satisfied.

Nice place, just a short walk from the party center. Like everything on Phi Phi, it was a bit pricey, but at the end of the day was worth it. The staff is extremely nice, helped us with everything!

I am appalled that this place is allowed to be a hostel. First of all, it's located next to a water treatment facility (read--our rooms smelled of sewage). All of the furniture in our room was broken. The "beds" -if you can call them that - were uncomfortable. The wifi did not work. The owners barely spoke English, which made it very hard to communicate with them. It's also a solid 15 minute walk from the beach. I strongly recommend finding another place to stay on Koh Phi Phi.

Good for the money. We found Ko Phi Phi far more expensive for accommodation than other places in Thailand. This was one of the cheapest of the lot and to be honest was fine because of that. Room was clean, basic with air con though. A bit of a walk from the main Tonsai front but for anyone who doesn't might a 15 minute walk it's not an issue and you're away from the noise. Location is not attractive, right next to a water treatment centre but if you just want a place to sleep it's fine.

• 14th Apr 2014

I could not stay there. Immediately looked for other Hotel and lost one diary. It is far from everything. Insects, trash around in the area, lots of construction and local people. No beautiful view at all.There were no others guests into the hotel. No english service available. I do not recommend.

• 7th Apr 2014

Lovely hotel with an excellent location. Just 5 mins walk from all the hussle but still far enough from the parties to be quiet. Room is quite basic but I was happy with it. Staff was talkative and funny, made me feel welcome. Loved that they picked up from the pier AND dropped off aswell. Quite a big thing in that heat. I'm a girl traveling alone and felt safe at the hotel. Walking there in the dark wasn't pleasant but ok.

There was a mix up when I booked because I booked two separate rooms. We ended up not being able to stay the first night which was a bit of a shame. I would have appreciated if I would have been contacted if the bookings were confusing instead of having to move to different places on my two nights on phi phi. But the second night was great, really nice place!

Decent place, lovely friendly staff who work hard for their guests, good location for a good nights sleep, nice and peacefulful but still an easy walk to everything. The room was basic but perfectly fine, a little expensive for what you get but that goes for everywhere in phiphi. No social area so not good for meeting people but would recommemd for couples/groups or anyone wanting a break from the partying

← Back to search results