Piast Hostel Reviews

98 Pilsudskiego Street, Wroclaw, Poland

The hostel does not exist!!! We arrived with booking and it was closed...

• 8th Aug 2013

I stayed in this hostel only because it was close to the train station, wouldn't come back there for sure! Bathrooms weren't clean, showers clogged, some of them didn't work. There aren't any facilities in the hostel really, just a bed to sleep on. Babel hostel a few meters along the street is much better place to stay!

Good times for this hotel passed long time ago. Place is untidy and loud. On our floor smell of cigarettes was spreading through the doors.

• 31st May 2013
  • Boraa
  • Poland

Decent hostel. I booked a ten room mixed, but they told me it was full when I arrived. They then promptly gave me a single room to use for my entire 18 day stay. The single room was probably worth around $500, but I got it for just under $100.

• 29th May 2013

The bathroom wasn't clean. The room had old uncomfortable beds. Perhaps there was a kitchen or just a kettle to make tea on another floor, but the staff didn't informa us about that. In general no atmosfere at all. The only good thing was location - very close to the railway station - quite handy when arriving at midnight and taking a train at 7. If I had to stay longer than those 6 hours I wont choose this place.

We arrived late to Wroclaw, that's why we chose this hostel just next to the station. We spent only one night here, and our room was empty except for one middle-aged man. The top bed was uncomfortable, the other one was OK. When we arrived the bathrooms were all dirty. They didn't have maps of Wroclaw or any other facilities. The security was better than in other hostels: for example, when we left our bags next to the reception, they gave us a number so they could know that those bags were ours.

The hostel didnt received our reservation,so the hostel manager tranfered us to Hotel Polonia,which was a great place to stay. The last day they transfered us again to DW Piast,where we slept that night. It is quite old and noisy, specially because of the tram passing all the night under the window. Anyway the location was very good and the price cheap. Dont expect too much, you have what you paid, cheap but in 10 minutes you can get to the rynek.

Very close to the train station, and a 10 minute walk to the old town. Very good position. Receptionist had maps of the area. Can be very loud at night (but that is because it is right in the middle of a transport hub). Wifi works, but only in certain spots in the hotel.