Pickled Parrot Backpackers Reviews

Greys Lane, Paihia, New Zealand

The Pickled Parrot has a lovely, welcoming atmosphere and the staff are really friendly. The location is great too, close to the beach and the amenities in town while being a little off the beaten track, making this an ideal choice for those who want a more homely, relaxed place to stay. The free breakfast and free internet are also a bonus too! I really enjoyed my stay here - I originally booked for two nights but extended for five! If you're coming to Paihia, I recommend this hostel.

• 9th Nov 2014

This is a very good hostel for everyone. We went out for drinking one night and stayed at the hostel the other night. The staff is nice and the rooms are good. I really liked this hostel, just a few minutes walk to the bars and "town"

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Incredible hostel, in the most magical location, best staff ever. Could not rate it higher!

• 21st Oct 2014

This hostel is perfect for people who want a stay away from the bars and noise. It's located a little out of Paihia but it's no more than a 5 minute walk. My view may be bias as I met a great group of people here, however the rooms were thoroughly cleaned, the owners were lovely and created a very relaxed atmosphere. I wouldn't recommend this place for people who want a party.

Staff very helpful. Cosy living area.