Pickled Parrot Backpackers Reviews

Greys Lane, Paihia, New Zealand

Very well run hostel. Quiet at night, lock provided for storage cubby with refundable deposit, plenty of charger outlets. Kept very clean. A bit of a walk to town center, but that's only a hassle if you go out and back several times a day. I especially appreciated having a quiet space at night in a dorm setting.

• 8th Mar 2015

Really loved this hostel and wish I had stayed here the whole of my time in Paihia. Everyone I met was really nice, friendly and chilled out (My sort of crowd). Bed was comfy. Wasn't noisy. The only thing that was a bit annoying were the flies in the sofa area but the weather outside was nice during my stay so I could escape them outside :-) would definately stay here again!

We liked the hostel itself a lot, as it had really good and clean facilities. However, the reason we booked it was the free breakfast. We stayed two nights and didn't get breakfast in the first morning because apparently the guests didn't clean the kitchen the night before and then they don't give out breakfast. For us that was really unpleasant as we did a day tour on this day and weren't able to buy anything before it started. Our friends stayed there for 3 nights and never got breakfast.

Absolutely beautiful and peaceful place to stay. There's hammocks under the trees and cute private cabins you can stay in. Free breakfast and wifi is always a bonus too.

• 7th Jan 2015

Great hostel, very clean and calm. Party people should prefer other hostels in Paihia. Never expect good weather in NZL.

The Pickled Parrot has a lovely, welcoming atmosphere and the staff are really friendly. The location is great too, close to the beach and the amenities in town while being a little off the beaten track, making this an ideal choice for those who want a more homely, relaxed place to stay. The free breakfast and free internet are also a bonus too! I really enjoyed my stay here - I originally booked for two nights but extended for five! If you're coming to Paihia, I recommend this hostel.

• 9th Nov 2014