Pickled Parrot Backpackers Reviews

Greys Lane, Paihia, New Zealand

Really loved this hostel and wish I had stayed here the whole of my time in Paihia. Everyone I met was really nice, friendly and chilled out (My sort of crowd). Bed was comfy. Wasn't noisy. The only thing that was a bit annoying were the flies in the sofa area but the weather outside was nice during my stay so I could escape them outside :-) would definately stay here again!

Absolutely beautiful and peaceful place to stay. There's hammocks under the trees and cute private cabins you can stay in. Free breakfast and wifi is always a bonus too.

• 7th Jan 2015

Great hostel, very clean and calm. Party people should prefer other hostels in Paihia. Never expect good weather in NZL.

The Pickled Parrot has a lovely, welcoming atmosphere and the staff are really friendly. The location is great too, close to the beach and the amenities in town while being a little off the beaten track, making this an ideal choice for those who want a more homely, relaxed place to stay. The free breakfast and free internet are also a bonus too! I really enjoyed my stay here - I originally booked for two nights but extended for five! If you're coming to Paihia, I recommend this hostel.

• 9th Nov 2014

This is a very good hostel for everyone. We went out for drinking one night and stayed at the hostel the other night. The staff is nice and the rooms are good. I really liked this hostel, just a few minutes walk to the bars and "town"

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Incredible hostel, in the most magical location, best staff ever. Could not rate it higher!

• 21st Oct 2014

This hostel is perfect for people who want a stay away from the bars and noise. It's located a little out of Paihia but it's no more than a 5 minute walk. My view may be bias as I met a great group of people here, however the rooms were thoroughly cleaned, the owners were lovely and created a very relaxed atmosphere. I wouldn't recommend this place for people who want a party.

Staff very helpful. Cosy living area.