Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

Pickwick Hall Hostel is a very functional one: excellent location, silent, with hot water all day long, a good breakfast, kind stuff .

Very basic needs drink facilities in room and general updating in rooms which had cracked walls.bed very comfy management very helpful and accommodating nice location to

• 19th Aug 2015

Very close to everything. Can be a bit noisy if you have a street facing room. Would definitely stay here again!

I put my check-in time as 9:30am, knowing I would be a little later, but I wanted too give the hostel enough time. I arrived around 10:00am and the room still was not ready. I needed to change clothes and freshen up for a meeting, but the woman looked at me like I was crazy. She eventually let me go up and drop my bags off and change my clothes. She gave me the lobby wifi information, but not the room password (one of the girls in the room later told me).

Pickwick was very welcoming and helpful in keeping my luggage for me and directing me and keeping me informed on the check in an check out process. I really enjoyed my stay. The atmosphere is not super updated but kept very clean and in good condition. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to my friends and family. I would definitely come back!

• 30th Jul 2015

We stayed with my boyfriend in a double bed room which was just two single beds put together. That's ok, we've slept like that before in other hostels. The problem were the sheets and blankets! The hostel needs to buy sheets and blankets that fit two single beds put together instead of placing them horizontally, which was awkward and uncomfortable since the bed would get unmade very easily. Trying to sleep like that was very unpleasant!

Clean, remarkably quiet for central London, ok beds, very reasonable price.

it was a pretty good place to stay ! staff were friendly n a room was quite nice, clean n pretty quiet! each bed were separated n very comfy. I stayed there only one night but if I stayed longer, I would love to stay in this hostel:) thank you for everything!

A little tired looking, but the location and price more than make up for it. Staff generally friendly and hostel clean.

Nice staff, very polite and helpful. Nice breakfast. But facility is a bit old.

I have a lovely stay, although unfortunately somewhat short. Would definitely return for a longer trip and recommend it to my friends!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Romania

The location of the hostel is very good and the size of the room is fine. However, the room needs a good paint and the carpet ought to be changed for something more up to date. I would recomend to do a bit of redecorating in the showers as well. I enjoyed my stay because it was short and I was happy to be there.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Excellent location and affordability, ideal for someone who is out sightseeing all day and just needs a place to shower and sleep. The facilities are old but acceptable; all the basics well provided for, the owner was there majority of the time and the staff are all friendly. There is a friendly, peaceful and almost family like atmosphere, the other travellers and roommates were pleasant company. Will come back again.

• 4th Jul 2015

Very easy to find my way around. Plenty of buses or I could have walked!

• 29th Jun 2015

Really quiet and nice place! Did notice that most people who stay here are a lot older than we are, but we didn't mind that too much as we didn't stay in the hostel except to sleep. Location was good, showers/toilets clean. We were there when it was really hot, so the lack of air conditioning made it uncomfortable most nights, but in less hot weather, the place would be great!

very friendly staff, room was very clean and quiet.

• 29th Jun 2015

Friendly welcome, superb location, close to British Museum and 20 minutes from Kings Cross by foot. Highly recommended.

I stayed at Pickwick Hall for just one night. The owner (Patrick?) was there and gave me a map to the area, a key, wifi password, a safe box for my valuables while I was out and some helpful advice on how to get to places I wanted to see. He was very helpful, kind and accommodating. More on the staff, the next morning, the young lady who was working was also very nice and helpful. I will definitely book with Pickwick Hall again!

• 26th Jun 2015

Would be good if breakfast can be earlier than 8.30.

very conviniently located, very friendly atmosphere, like being in a friendly house, very good stuff :-)

• 25th Jun 2015