Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

it was a pretty good place to stay ! staff were friendly n a room was quite nice, clean n pretty quiet! each bed were separated n very comfy. I stayed there only one night but if I stayed longer, I would love to stay in this hostel:) thank you for everything!

A little tired looking, but the location and price more than make up for it. Staff generally friendly and hostel clean.

Nice staff, very polite and helpful. Nice breakfast. But facility is a bit old.

I have a lovely stay, although unfortunately somewhat short. Would definitely return for a longer trip and recommend it to my friends!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Romania

The location of the hostel is very good and the size of the room is fine. However, the room needs a good paint and the carpet ought to be changed for something more up to date. I would recomend to do a bit of redecorating in the showers as well. I enjoyed my stay because it was short and I was happy to be there.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Excellent location and affordability, ideal for someone who is out sightseeing all day and just needs a place to shower and sleep. The facilities are old but acceptable; all the basics well provided for, the owner was there majority of the time and the staff are all friendly. There is a friendly, peaceful and almost family like atmosphere, the other travellers and roommates were pleasant company. Will come back again.

• 4th Jul 2015

Very easy to find my way around. Plenty of buses or I could have walked!

• 29th Jun 2015

Really quiet and nice place! Did notice that most people who stay here are a lot older than we are, but we didn't mind that too much as we didn't stay in the hostel except to sleep. Location was good, showers/toilets clean. We were there when it was really hot, so the lack of air conditioning made it uncomfortable most nights, but in less hot weather, the place would be great!

very friendly staff, room was very clean and quiet.

• 29th Jun 2015

Friendly welcome, superb location, close to British Museum and 20 minutes from Kings Cross by foot. Highly recommended.

I stayed at Pickwick Hall for just one night. The owner (Patrick?) was there and gave me a map to the area, a key, wifi password, a safe box for my valuables while I was out and some helpful advice on how to get to places I wanted to see. He was very helpful, kind and accommodating. More on the staff, the next morning, the young lady who was working was also very nice and helpful. I will definitely book with Pickwick Hall again!

• 26th Jun 2015

Would be good if breakfast can be earlier than 8.30.

very conviniently located, very friendly atmosphere, like being in a friendly house, very good stuff :-)

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Greece

Great location for central London, helpful staff, comfortable and quiet. Only suggestion is block out curtains as we found the light at dawn and dusk in accommodations all over the UK makes sleep difficult.

Friendly staff member, room was perfectly fine

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

I really liked this hostel. It had a very warm and friendly atmosphere and I felt safe there. I think I will stay there again, when I am in London next time.

We stayed only one night and left too early to sample the breakfast. It seemed pretty good. This was an extra London day on our family holiday.

Excellent position, spacious room with the fridge!, good beds, nice breakfast, We weren't satisfied with the shower and the water pressure. Also, there was a squeacking sound coming from the ceiling when somebody would walk on the ground floor (our room was in the basement). We had problems with opening the windows...However, we would recommend staying at this hostel.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Croatia
  • All Female Group, 41+

The room was quite spacious for London but unfortunately the door of the ensuite bathroom couldn't be locked. Very suitable for the more mature budget travellers. I would stay there again.

Certainly the best value you can find for a single room! I wasn't expect to be that good for the money I paid. Super central but not noisy. The single room is even with a refridge and microwave! The staff are nice. Not ideal for party people but defintely the best choice for a calm and comfortable stay. The only thing that I would like to bring out is the stairs. However, I would definitely stay here everytime I come London!!