Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

This is a really great hostel in a super location. 3 of us stayed in a 4 bed room whilst on a hen do last weekend. The room was very comfortable and the shower facilities were great. Definitely recommend

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Near impossable to fault. I was there for almost 2 weeks. Security on the two front doors means security is well covered. Staff are helpful and friendly. My room had a fridge, microwave, table, chair, robe for clothes, heater, power points, and single beds in the room. Showers and toilets were next door. Breakfast in the mornings was self serve cerial, toast, coffee, etc but there are cooking facilites for guests if you want to buy from the local supermarket and eat in. Very recommended!

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Quiet; great location; wonderful experience.

• 9th Apr 2014

Fantastic location! Very central and easy to find. The room was fine. It wasn't beautiful and the shower/bathroom was functional rather than aesthetically pleasing but it's great value for money and the staff are lovely.

• 8th Apr 2014

When I Will return to London, I Will certainly stay again at this hostel. The stuff was super nice and super friendly. They gave us all the information we needed. The location of the hostel is also great. Only a few minuts walking away from the British museum, and from others attractions. The neighborhood was quiet, so we had no problems with sleeping. The breakfast is simple but you will not go away hungry. The refrigerator in our room was also a big and nice surprise. We loved it. I recommend!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

We loved staying at Pickwick Hall. The common areas and our room were beautiful, excellent cleanliness, excellent location (safe, close to everything, supermarkets in the area, a big tube station around the corner and lots of buses). The owner is a wonderful person that makes you feel you are at home far from home. I will definitely stay here again when I return to London.

The carpet had moths living in it. we stayed there overnight, only because we arrived at 1 in the morning and couldn't/didn't want to go out looking for another room

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Wonderful location, wonderful welcome.

Polite staff and brilliant service. let us keep our bags there when we went out for the day

• 2nd Apr 2014

Small but clean room at a great location. Owner is friendly and nice. Ideal place for backpackers and those who just need a place to sleep at.

I stayed there with two friend in an 3 Bed Ensuit Room. So we had our privacy. The bathroom was big and clean (and it got cleaned regular during our 5 night stay). The people who work there were very friendly and kind. We really enjoyed our stay there. I dont know if this is interesting for anyone, but i really liked the coffe there (coffe in the morning is really important for me and as might know in England coffe is not like coffe)

• 29th Mar 2014

This place was a real find. We booked in for a Saturday night and had a peaceful relaxing night. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the place had a nice atmosphere. It was also easy to find and in a good location. On arrival, it did take a while to get in as staff seemed busy and not in the office to hear the bell and I was initially unsure about the place. However, after settling in, I really liked the place and enjoyed my stay.

We had our own refrigerator and microwave in our room. Bathroom was very spacious. Beds were comfy and room was always clean.

The room was incredible; spacious for a private double, with a sink and fridge in the room. The only complaints I had were that the sink's cold water didn't work, but compared to the fantastic location, comfort, friendly and helpful staff, and central location, it was easily worth the cost.

• 17th Mar 2014

Nice place. The bed was a bit noisy but a Fridge and a microwave in a room still makes it a great value

Had an amazing stay. The staff were all get warm and welcoming And there was no problem leaving my bags when I checked in early. It's not the most modern of hostels but the atmosphere is relaxing and the people staying there were considerate. Towels and breakfast are provided. It's in a quiet area near the Holborn tube. This is where I will be staying when I'm next in London.

• 15th Mar 2014

I enjoyed very much staying at Pickwick. The location is absolutely perfect, very close to main attractions by walking. I didnt use any public transportation :) since it was my first trip alone i was a bit nerveous and choose to stay at 4 female room. Seperate beds in a big room having a big bathroom inside provided me the comfort i was looking for. Definitely good value for price. Staff was very nice. Definitely recommend!

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Vey good hostel great location

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Israel

Extremely kind and helpful staff. Perfect position for visiting London.

• 10th Feb 2014

Wonderful stay at Pickwick Hall for 8 nights in the room with four beds and ensuite. Great location. Close to Holborn station and 10-15 minute walk to Covent Garden. Lovely area - I felt very safe walking back here alone at night. Patrick and Sadia were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Happy to store my luggage which I appreciated immensely. Room was nice and warm, and shower/bathroom was clean with lots of hot water (not my experience in other hostels). Would definitely stay here again.

• 8th Feb 2014