Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

Very unfriendly staff, a good night sleep and good breakfast. Very near everything!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

You have a very nice hostel with an excellent location: it's quiet but still in a walking distance from almost everything :) The staff was friendly, relaxed and helpful before and during our stay. Our room (19) was nice, warm and tidy, expect the shower curtain which had mold on it... Also the hair dryers were broken or at least we couldn't get them on... All in all our stay was pleasant for us and we will definetly consider staying with you again if we ever come to London again.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • azhalean
  • Finland

It was a nice stay here!! The owner was so kind and warm, helped us many times! The location is also very convenient place to go out and explore. Next times I will come to stay here again.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Japan

It was okay to stay at Pickwick Hall, great location, just 5 minutes walk to the Underground and in two stops at Leicester Square. The shared bathroom facilities were clean but small. But the room wasn't that clean, very creaking floorboards, and the pillows need to get changed, the filling was falling out.

• 29th Nov 2014

The room was nothing to write home about but for the cost it really can't be beaten, the location is great too.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We stayed just one night to be close to the city centre for the shopping next morning. And it is close, yet cheap. Do not expect any luxury, but the rooms are clean and it is easy to reach by the Tube. Definitely worth the price, when you compare other places this close to all the shopping.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Good location and very clean But the young man there gave me incorrect information about the other occupiers of my room which resulted in me having to disturb them. I asked him for extra pillows since I have a bad back but he didn't give them to me.No hot water for shower. Bathroom dreary and rundown. Very uncomfortable bed, I could feel innards of mattress on my back.Disappointing breakfast, only cereal and toast and no juice.Very quiet at night though.3 people in the room, not worth the £24.

This is a very good hostel located 5-8 minutes away from Holborn subway station in London, and really close to the British museum. I stayed alone in a private room with bathroom that could accomodate a couple. The room itself is not big, but is more than adequate. The room's window doesn't face the street, so I had very good nights of sleep. I stayed there in Novermber and the room temperature was very good. Staff is very polite and helpful. Recommended.

A warm welcolm, though very professional. No usless trimmings - just everything we wanted for an overnight stay to attend an office party. A very reasonable price, compared to London's very high accommodation costs. A very quiet night's sleep, unhurried breakfast and a handy central location

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Wales

Brilliant location. Excellent price. Perfectly adequate facilities.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Absolutely unbeatable location for the price, but still very quiet for central London. Attentive staff that were responsive via email. Comfortable and best suited for couples or small groups, but the only place you'll meet other travellers is in the kitchen. If you like your privacy however this is the place for you. Have stayed here twice now with my girlfriend and will keep coming back. Love it!

The real strength of Pickwick Hall is it's location. A very quiet street, close to the British Museum and within easy walking distance of Covent Garden, Soho and the West End. Great pubs on every corner and excellent restaurants. Patrick - the manager - was very helpful and found local 24 hr parking for our extra large van. The price (including breakfast) was very reasonable for London. We would definitely stay there again.

• 4th Nov 2014

I stayed for nine days and it was very convenient. Room is a bit shabby and very basic ( no desk, no TV), but there is a sink and WiFi and it is in the beautiful Bloomsbury area, and really cheap, so I thought it was great.

• 31st Oct 2014

Far exceeded my expectations. Really great value. I will defiantly stay again.

Fantastic accommodation, very helpful, friendly staff. Recommended.

Booked a single room, was worried when I was put in a room with two beds, but nobody else turned up, so I just scored a slightly bigger room. Quite a few stairs to contend with, and definitely more for somebody (like me) who's looking for a quiet place to sleep, rather than a party hostel.

All good.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Excellent location, friendly staff. Bathrooms and showers could use some renovation. Breakfast was really basic: toast, jam and cereal. Add some ham, cheese and orange juice and it would make a lot of difference. I liked the large sitting room with lots of books.

We are very satisfeid with the staff, location and acomodation. Great place to stay in London.

The hostel was a bit tired and run down, but for an overnight stay it was fine. It suited our purpose. Everything was clean and we were comfortable. The bed was big and comfortable. The shower was great. The room was very warm. The only downside is that i thought the staff were rude and curt but thankfully didn't have to interact with them much.

• 18th Oct 2014