Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

Excellent value for money. Great location.

• 27th Sep 2014

The room and facilities were clean, the location was excellent. It's in the middle of downtown and the Thames is only a five minutes walk away. The hostel was completely lacking atmosphere, though.

Nice little place close to the British Museum. Friendly staff. The rooms are quiet old fashioned but o.k. Only drawback is a too hot not adjustable heater.

• 21st Sep 2014

Great hostel in the heart of London! Easy access to tube station. Staff very friendly & helpful. Private room had personal sink & microwave. Kitchen downstairs and laundry available. Very pleasant. Furnishings a bit shabby but okay. I'd stay here again!.

After reading the mixed reviews I was quite apprehensive about booking at the Pickwick Hall. However, the experience was so great I wished I had booked the entire time in London at the Pickwick. The location was central, the breakfast wonderful, a personalized attentive staff and the cleanliness unsurpassed. It was a 5 star place in my book and am already promoting the Pickwick to those I meet. You just can't go wrong by staying here.

• 17th Sep 2014

Very nice, clean and homely!

The woman in charge barely spoke English and was incredibly rude and unprofessional. Rooms were left unlocked with my belongings in them (as there were only 5 tiny post box sized lockers for the whole place) and, with the exception of bedding and towels (which, no doubt, were sent out for washing), the place was rather disgusting with huge cobwebs hanging down over the bed, a pool of stagnant, smelly water outside the window and a shower that was blocked in the grubby bathroom. NOT RECOMMENDED.

• 14th Sep 2014

Good hostel

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Really cozy clean rooms beds including towels excellent value for money in a great location, free wifi and lovely sitting room and kitchen

Great location, guiet street, we enjoyed staying here.

Thank you so much for providing this place, I felt so much like home. :) which is very important for a traveller.

The location is perfect, Bloomsbury is one of the best areas in central London for staying, it's safe and nice and within a walking distance of most of the tourist attractions. There are fridge, mikrowave and washbasin in the room, which was great. Beds, showers and breakfest are good enough and the staff was very nice and helpful. I will definitely stay at Pickwick Hall again next time I'm in London!

The place has excellent location, in Bloomsbury, and all the essential facilities. Excellent wifi too!

Best hotel I have stayed in in the area. Some of the others cost twice the price.

• 31st Aug 2014

Yes great location but thought bathroom very poor no atmosphere at all didn't enjoy it

it was great hostel. friendly staff. but the breakfast wasnt enough for me.

There is nothing beautiful or elegant about this hostel, but if all you need is a place to sleep, it's perfectly adequate. I had a private single room with a shared bathroom, never had to wait for a shower, felt safe and comfortable while I was there. The best thing about this hotel is the location, right off Russell Square. You simply can't beat the location or the price! I will definitely stay there again the next time I am in London.

• 25th Aug 2014

Great location, not a very social atmosphere. Would be nice if you had lockers in the room, very quiet place, good value for money

Perfect location and a really nice place to stay for a few days in London. My girlfriend and I were looking to just relax and this was perfect. Loved being able to use the kitchen and the fact that we could have a private room and it was very quiet and night and in the morning. Will definitely stay here again.

This hostel is safe and extremely central - just 15 mins walk to Soho and 5 minutes to Holborn station which is linked to Heathrow and basically everywhere. Don't expect amazing bathrooms - bring some thongs/flip flops to shower in and you'll be fine - you get what you pay for. Nice lounge and breakfast area. Had a great, comfy sleep in a single bed- room was a little stuffy but I think the people I was staying with had been there for a while. I'd stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6