Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

Location is perfect. Walking distance to everything. Quiet street away from noise. Room was nice, but could be more clean. Staff was friendly and service minded. Would be nice if there were an information sheet in the room with wifi code, time for cleaning, staff hours, check out service and so on. Overall a nice place and okay value for money.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Denmark

We spent 4 nights in this hostel - double bedroom with shared bathroom. Room was freshly painted, clean, bathroom was clean without any mold. Hostel is quiet, good located, its staff is very kind and helpful, I would definitely stay here again.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Slovakia

I think this hostel has the potential to be great but unfortunetally the younger woman working there isn't really motiovated and not helpful at all when asked questions. Also the toast at breakfast had gone bad... that is really a no go to me... better have no breakfast at all then. location good. cleaning stuff was in our room in the afternoon without reason... made me feel insecure - therefore the lower security rate.

I love this hostel - the staff were really lovely and it felt like home-from-home. Great, showers, comfy bed, well equipped kitchen and fantastic location. It is a really peaceful hostel to stay in, not a party hostel but friendly and welcoming.

This hostel is for the mature person, older adults should feel comfortable here. I certainly did. Although showing signs of age, the place has recarpeted the rooms which were very clean. Shared bathroom is adequate and with an open mind you can be very happy staying in such a great area. For the price you pay it is worth staying. Owners of the hostel are extremely friendly - cannot stress this enough - from arrival to departure. I urge those who favour comfy hotels to give this place a go! :)

• 6th Jan 2015

The hostel was an excellent place to stay......, fantastic location...., very friendly helpful owners .......rooms were more than adequate.....better than some hotels I've stayed in......

• 30th Dec 2014

Very quiet and in a great location. Staff were friendly and the breakfast was good!

Very cozy..

Very unfriendly staff, a good night sleep and good breakfast. Very near everything!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

You have a very nice hostel with an excellent location: it's quiet but still in a walking distance from almost everything :) The staff was friendly, relaxed and helpful before and during our stay. Our room (19) was nice, warm and tidy, expect the shower curtain which had mold on it... Also the hair dryers were broken or at least we couldn't get them on... All in all our stay was pleasant for us and we will definetly consider staying with you again if we ever come to London again.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • azhalean
  • Finland

It was a nice stay here!! The owner was so kind and warm, helped us many times! The location is also very convenient place to go out and explore. Next times I will come to stay here again.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Japan

It was okay to stay at Pickwick Hall, great location, just 5 minutes walk to the Underground and in two stops at Leicester Square. The shared bathroom facilities were clean but small. But the room wasn't that clean, very creaking floorboards, and the pillows need to get changed, the filling was falling out.

• 29th Nov 2014

The room was nothing to write home about but for the cost it really can't be beaten, the location is great too.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We stayed just one night to be close to the city centre for the shopping next morning. And it is close, yet cheap. Do not expect any luxury, but the rooms are clean and it is easy to reach by the Tube. Definitely worth the price, when you compare other places this close to all the shopping.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Good location and very clean But the young man there gave me incorrect information about the other occupiers of my room which resulted in me having to disturb them. I asked him for extra pillows since I have a bad back but he didn't give them to me.No hot water for shower. Bathroom dreary and rundown. Very uncomfortable bed, I could feel innards of mattress on my back.Disappointing breakfast, only cereal and toast and no juice.Very quiet at night though.3 people in the room, not worth the £24.

This is a very good hostel located 5-8 minutes away from Holborn subway station in London, and really close to the British museum. I stayed alone in a private room with bathroom that could accomodate a couple. The room itself is not big, but is more than adequate. The room's window doesn't face the street, so I had very good nights of sleep. I stayed there in Novermber and the room temperature was very good. Staff is very polite and helpful. Recommended.

A warm welcolm, though very professional. No usless trimmings - just everything we wanted for an overnight stay to attend an office party. A very reasonable price, compared to London's very high accommodation costs. A very quiet night's sleep, unhurried breakfast and a handy central location

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Wales

Brilliant location. Excellent price. Perfectly adequate facilities.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Absolutely unbeatable location for the price, but still very quiet for central London. Attentive staff that were responsive via email. Comfortable and best suited for couples or small groups, but the only place you'll meet other travellers is in the kitchen. If you like your privacy however this is the place for you. Have stayed here twice now with my girlfriend and will keep coming back. Love it!

The real strength of Pickwick Hall is it's location. A very quiet street, close to the British Museum and within easy walking distance of Covent Garden, Soho and the West End. Great pubs on every corner and excellent restaurants. Patrick - the manager - was very helpful and found local 24 hr parking for our extra large van. The price (including breakfast) was very reasonable for London. We would definitely stay there again.

• 4th Nov 2014