Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

There were some problems at the very beginning when I was told my pounds, which I had just gotten at the airport, were fraudulent. Turns out they weren't and the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. On a better note, by London standards, the place was comfortable and clean enough. I definitely recommend it for visitors who want a quiet hostel experience. The neighborhood was also quite nice and was very well-located.

Extremely comfortable. Could not believe value for money for such a great location. My first time staying in a hostel, we will certainly return.

• 16th Jul 2014

Loved everything about this hostel. When you're in London, STAY HERE!:)

The staff was kind and the facilities were clean. Overall one of my best experiences at a hostel.

On the whole, the hostel is clean and nice, and is really worth the price. I used the hostel twice with a time gap in between. The only criticism that I can make is that the check-out time is not fixed - the first time it was 7:30 a.m. (which for me was quite a problem), the next time it was 10:30 a.m. I found this a little strange.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Great Wi-Fi connection, plus one terminal in the Library, where there is also a TV. Good location near British Museum, Simple breakfast with coffee/tea, toast, and cold cereals. Very international mix during breakfast, though many did not use the Library. No problems with the shared toilets/showers on each floor.

If you're looking for a partying hostel this won't be the one. We stayed inside a 4-bdr dorm and we got asked to leave by our room mate because we were speaking too loudly. When one of the showers was flooding, we told reception and they fixed it straight away which was very good and our adapter blew up and they were able to provide us another one as well. It's a really good hostel and I had a really good experience here too. I would stay here again.

This hostel has got a cosy and friendly atmosphere. It is managed by its owners and that makes a great difference. It is a quiet place where you can have a nice rest. Breakfast is very tasty. Towels and soap are given. Usually families or travellers who want to have a good night's sleep stay here. The location es excellent, it's 2 minutes away fom the British Museum. I highly recommend Pickwick hall!

I would define the Pickwick Hostel more a hotel than a hostel: spacey rooms, I found two towels and soap on my bed at my arrival, I had a microwave and a fridge in my bedroom and free Wi-Fi. Plus the kitchen was always open and one could go grocery shopping, leave the things he bought in the kitchen and cook them there, whenever they wanted. The staff was very kind and available all the time. There's a computer and a printer in the living room, in case someone needs to print something.

• 2nd Jul 2014

I was a lone female traveler, looking for a safe low budget but clean place. My stay at Pickwick Hall was a social experience - chatted with staff, chatted with a fellow guest in a bed next to mine, had a breakfast with two teachers from abroad who were in London on holidays.Will stay again, thank you.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

The staffs are nice, and services include breakfast are excellent. The location is perfect. Will book again definitely.

not your typical "young kids" hostel, but still a nice quiet place with friendly staff.

Nice location

Hostel is in a good location, close to the British Museum, city centre and tube stations. Staff very helpful and friendly

Absolutely loved it. I felt at home immediately. The main pros are very spacious, friendly communal areas, 2-bed dorms with comfy beds, lovely staff - the receptionist carried by suitcase to my room. It's a quiet and peaceful place, definitely no party hostel. The only negative were the taps. The cold water doesn't work. The tap next to the loo had so hot water that I couldn't use it.

Fantastic value for money. The staff is more than helpful and extremely hospitable. It makes you feel like home.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Poland

simple and accommodating hostel right in the heart of london. lovely staff, very kind and helpful. nice place for a short stay!

Great location, feels safe at night and super close to Holborn station. Rooms and bathroom were clean. Beds were awful, you could feel the wires in your back while you slept. In the bathroom, the cold water tap didn't work which was annoying. Hostel seems more tailored to older people (i.e. +40) - there is a common area but the hostel staff does not make any effort to help the guests meet each other so it isn't good for anyone travelling alone or for pre-gaming.

Very nice, I didn't have to sleep in bunk beds, but instead there were four single beds in the room. I didn't see lockers but didn't ask. There were dressers in the room, as well as a microwave, fridge and sink. Great location, very cute kitchen area. The staff were friendly and ready to help. I would stay here again!

Great location, excellent value for money, nice homely atmosphere. I arrived very early at 7am as my flight arrived in London at 5.30am, just planned to leave my luggage and check in later in the afternoon, and I was offered breakfast - very thoughtful. I would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4