Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

very friendly staff, room was very clean and quiet.

• 29th Jun 2015

Friendly welcome, superb location, close to British Museum and 20 minutes from Kings Cross by foot. Highly recommended.

Would be good if breakfast can be earlier than 8.30.

very conviniently located, very friendly atmosphere, like being in a friendly house, very good stuff :-)

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Greece

Friendly staff member, room was perfectly fine

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

I really liked this hostel. It had a very warm and friendly atmosphere and I felt safe there. I think I will stay there again, when I am in London next time.

We stayed only one night and left too early to sample the breakfast. It seemed pretty good. This was an extra London day on our family holiday.

Excellent position, spacious room with the fridge!, good beds, nice breakfast, We weren't satisfied with the shower and the water pressure. Also, there was a squeacking sound coming from the ceiling when somebody would walk on the ground floor (our room was in the basement). We had problems with opening the windows...However, we would recommend staying at this hostel.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Croatia
  • All Female Group, 41+

The room was quite spacious for London but unfortunately the door of the ensuite bathroom couldn't be locked. Very suitable for the more mature budget travellers. I would stay there again.

Certainly the best value you can find for a single room! I wasn't expect to be that good for the money I paid. Super central but not noisy. The single room is even with a refridge and microwave! The staff are nice. Not ideal for party people but defintely the best choice for a calm and comfortable stay. The only thing that I would like to bring out is the stairs. However, I would definitely stay here everytime I come London!!

Pickwick Hall is quiet and classy, in a great location (between Holborn and Russell Square), few blocks from British Museum. The staff is very kind and Patrick the owner is a very nice guy. The rooms are wide, clean and this year I had a refrigerator in my room, and the price ( you're in London!!!) is quite affordable.! I was there 2 times but for sure I'll come back !!! I recommend 100% the Hostel.

Lower security rating because they didn't have lockers or luggage storage which it says they do on the website, got lucky and didn't have any bad roommates with sticky fingers but I probably wouldn't stay again unless they had lockers/storage.

I chose Pickwick Hall because my friends were there. Since I paid for an 3-bed ensuite room, for me there was no value for money. This hostel is all about location. Room was adequate and quiet, but shower was tiny and water pressure was non-existent. One day I slept in and there was no hot water left. My room faced the street and had wifi, my friends room faced the back and had no wifi - but they had water pressure. Friendly staff, but they don't speak much English.

• 17th May 2015
  • Sweden

Great location, helpful staff, didn't like the shower though.

The nicest big-city hostel we've stayed in. Azeera and the rest of the staff are a delight to work with!

We booked this for a weekend away for sightseeing. Good location as it was close to holborn tube station. The room was basic but happy with that as it had what we needed. Small shower

• 3rd Apr 2015

Was the cheapest Private Room in this area. Nothing special about than the location!

Friendly stuff, Central lockten, old furnitures

• 30th Mar 2015

The owner Patrick was very considerate. I went to London for a job interview and I asked for a quiet room so I can sleep well at night. He immediately put me into a quiet room facing the garden and I rested really well. Excellent value for money: I would say it's a luxury hostel, in terms of the bed, room size, building condition and facilities. Agree with one previous guest, this place is especially good for adult travelers. Will definitely return and strongly recommend.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • China

I was only one night but was a great service. the gentelman was very very kind always make sure everything its perfect to all costumers...i will recomend this hostel when they visit london...Thank for great service pickwick Hall