Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

Pickwick Hall did what it needed to: provide a place for tired travelers to crash after an overnight flight. It was very close to Russell Square, the British Museum and a pleasant stroll to the British Library. Pickwick Hall had a nice front sitting room, and a good dining area both of which were clean and bright. Our room had an en suite bathroom, which needed a deep clean, and had not received it.

Great hosts..In particular Patrick, as he personally served breakfast when we were there...The room facilities are ok..given the price of accommodation..The guest sitting room and Dining/breakfast comfortable..wifi for us was good..and great location

• 17th Jan 2016

Excellent value for the price. Perfect location (only a minute or two's walk from the British Museum, about 5 minute's walk from Holborn station). Lovely British atmosphere, small and quiet. Felt very safe at all times in this hostel!

• 17th Jan 2016

A great quiet hostel. I loved staying here. It was close to everything and the staff were very helpful. Thank you.

This was a small cute hotel right near the British national museum and was great for the price. The only issue was that we came at 7:30 am and there was no one there to let us in. There were 5 other hotels right next to it all with open doors.

Great hostel in a nice location. A few minute's walk to the underground and a few minutes to restaurants and bars etc. The room was clean and the showers weren't bad. The staff was friendly. If you are young and looking to meet people this is probably not the place for you, it's more low key. I would stay here again!

It's a great location for an accessible price, the people there are very nice, I had a problem getting there on the day I was supposed to, and they were very understanding.

We told them in advance that we have a baby, but they gave us a really small room (the double bed and a cradle barely fit in there) and it was on the 3 floor without elevator. The staff was great. We still recommend it. But be careful if you are planning to go with a baby.

The staff were incredibly friendly and always willing to help. Great location and reasonable price.

Thank you for welcoming us. As soon as we arrived, we felt like at home. A very cosy and friendly atmosphere.

Pickwick Hall had the perfect location for a reasonable price. It had everything you could ask for in a hostel and Patrick was very helpful and friendly. It is cosy, comfortable and not overlycrowded so it really made me feel at home. I would definitely recommend it to others and would love to stay there myself again in the future.

Clean and nice, the area is perfect. Mr Patrick is a lovely person always at disposal. The problem were the other members of the staff! The first employee forgot to mention that we would have to change room during the week, and also didn't manage to book us a taxi on the day of departure (she told us she didn't book it only when it was too late, and only because we asked again after several hours). The other didn't manage to fetch a hair dryer for us (on the internet they say they have them).

• 6th Dec 2015

Superb hostel.

Great hostel. I stayed in an en suite double in the basement and loved it. Fantastic location close to both the Central and Piccadilly Tube lines. Walkable to the Covent Garden / Leicester Square area. Only cavil was that the WiFi wasn't always fast, although they did a great job having different networks to reach all parts of the building (at least that I went to). They even had spare adapters for the UK outlets available at the desk. I would absolutely stay here again.

Nice place in a great location! The breakfast was a little disappointing, perhaps, but it's hard to quibble with an excellent value in central London.

I read the reviews and was unsure - yes the hostel could do with a decor update but it is spotless and the staff are lovely!

• 27th Nov 2015

Really enjoyed staying at this accommodation and would consider returning if I'm back in the area.

Quite good. It could have been a bit cleaner and staff friendlier, but it was all okay.

• 13th Nov 2015

One of the best value for money place I've stayed in London (and I have stayed in at least 7-8). Great for those seeking a quiet place to rest and avoid the party crowds. Facilities may be dated but well maintained and very clean. No bunk beds! Breakfast is simple but sufficient. Well connected with bus & tube.

• Spain

Good quality room with small fridge and microwave. Adapters for outlets can be borrowed on reception but sometimes are stolen. Good internet even better than in some London Hotels. Breakfast is included that is great. Kind personal. Met with Masha. She does a good job in there.

• Ukraine