Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

Lower security rating because they didn't have lockers or luggage storage which it says they do on the website, got lucky and didn't have any bad roommates with sticky fingers but I probably wouldn't stay again unless they had lockers/storage.

I chose Pickwick Hall because my friends were there. Since I paid for an 3-bed ensuite room, for me there was no value for money. This hostel is all about location. Room was adequate and quiet, but shower was tiny and water pressure was non-existent. One day I slept in and there was no hot water left. My room faced the street and had wifi, my friends room faced the back and had no wifi - but they had water pressure. Friendly staff, but they don't speak much English.

• 17th May 2015
  • Sweden

Great location, helpful staff, didn't like the shower though.

The nicest big-city hostel we've stayed in. Azeera and the rest of the staff are a delight to work with!

We booked this for a weekend away for sightseeing. Good location as it was close to holborn tube station. The room was basic but happy with that as it had what we needed. Small shower

• 3rd Apr 2015

Was the cheapest Private Room in this area. Nothing special about than the location!

Friendly stuff, Central lockten, old furnitures

• 30th Mar 2015

The owner Patrick was very considerate. I went to London for a job interview and I asked for a quiet room so I can sleep well at night. He immediately put me into a quiet room facing the garden and I rested really well. Excellent value for money: I would say it's a luxury hostel, in terms of the bed, room size, building condition and facilities. Agree with one previous guest, this place is especially good for adult travelers. Will definitely return and strongly recommend.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • China

I was only one night but was a great service. the gentelman was very very kind always make sure everything its perfect to all costumers...i will recomend this hostel when they visit london...Thank for great service pickwick Hall

Stayed here for 1 night in March; the location is fantastic, the hostel had everything I needed for one-night stay. I chose it because it was recommended as a quiet dorm for older people and it was just that. Clean, safe, quiet and perfect location for a decent price.

• 21st Mar 2015

Not the liveliest of hostels, but in a good location for anyone who wants to explore the covent garden/soho/British Museum part of town, or has business at the university campuses dotted in the Russel Square area. The service, rooms, and breakfast are nothing extraordinary, but there's nothing wanting either. In this price category, on this location: definitely recommended.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

very poor and old beds..

Regret that your stay was spoiled by the beds. New beds and mattresses will be delivered next Thursday and Friday.

Clean room and ensuite bathroom. After staying in a number of hostels, it was nice to have my own single bed instead of a bunk bed. My bed was a little springy, but tolerable. My room-mates were very considerate and the staff were very polite. I would stay here again.

New beds and mattresses of hotel standard on order.

Pickwick hall was the perfect choice for our 3-day trip to London! Very central, just 5 min to Holborn station, quiet pretty street, very friendly staff, clean room, warm coffee :) My only nit to pick would be that wi-fi didn't quiet extend to our room in the basement. We will stay here the next time!

Sorry about WiFi. There is a connection just for your room that is usually reliable and fast: perhaps we did not give you that code.

1 2 Next » last »