Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

Fair warning, the top floor showers have very low water pressure and the space is quite narrow; 2nd floor facilities are good. I recommend the 4-bed female dorm as the room is well spaced out and comes with handy wardrobes for storage and a sink in the room.

Excellent location but not very clean!

I liked the hostel. It has a very nice enviroment. It is located at the city centre. Although it has a shared bathroom and toilet it is always clean. Towels and small sized soap are provided for customers. Breakfast is included. Internet is free Wifi which is good for us. Reception staff is very nice and friendly. If you plan to visit London for vacation I strongly advise that hostel.

Quiet at night, clean, good wifi, nice breakfast included, excellent location - this hostel did all the important stuff for us well. Only nitpick would be slightly small bathroom I guess, hardly any room to put anything.

• 10th Aug 2014

Nice room with big windows, little balcony and frige, only the shared showers could be cleaner. All in all good stay, location is awsome. For one night or a few days absolutly okay.

very satisfied. worth of money

• 9th Aug 2014
  • China

I was really satisfied with whole service and environment.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

First stop apon arrival to London! excellent location -safe Clean and had all facilities required to feel comfortable

If you are looking for a central, quiet and great-value-for-your-money place to stay, this is perfect. Comfortable and generous rooms, friendly and personal atmosphere, attentive staff, more than adequate facilities. We (family with teenagers) enjoyed our stay very much. Not your typical hostel though and probably not for party seekers.

This is quite a hard review to write. While the staff was very kind and helpful and the hostel is well located to the Holborn station and Kings Cr/St Pancr, our room in the basement had a few flaws to it which was a bit of a downside to our experience at Pickwick Hall. E.g. the shower was a bit mouldy - in general the bathrooms and towels wouldn't dry properly. There was no wifi signal in our room and we had to discover that the toilet brush holder was...well, not that clean. Still recommended.

Great staff and very convenient location. The room was clean all the essentials were provided. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Hi there! I really enjoyed my stay at your hostel. My room was very nice and also the kitchen and living room were very sweet! Thank you for having me there. I def come back to stay with you next time! :)

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Austria

Me and my girlfriend stayed here from 1st Aug to 5th Aug 2014. The central and easy to find location was crucial regarding the choice of the hostel. Even better, the boss and his employees were very nice and courteous. The breakfast wasn't what you would call sumptuous but appropriate regarding the price. At arrival you get your get the keys which lock the front door as well as your room. If I visit London again, i'd stay here again and I would unconditionally recommend it.

This is one of my favorite hostels to stay at. The staff is great and the location is very close to the city center. Extremely clean facilities and a very quiet place to relax. My room included a mini fridge and a microwave and of all the hostels I have stayed at this is the one that felt like a hotel and not a hostel. I will definktely stay here again.

Amazing value. Friendly and laid back staff. If you're on a budget this is the place for you.

• 28th Jul 2014

First time staying at Pickwick Hall, but definitely not the last. My favorite London hostel so far. Friendly staff, easy going welcoming atmosphere, good facilities and all in an excellent location :)

• 28th Jul 2014

We have been to Pickwick Hall before, five years ago.It is basic, but the rooms were quite roomy, and the beds very comfy and clean. The bathroom and showers were tiny especially the shower alcoves, but being a very old bldg nothing can be done about that. There are a whole row of similar houses, they are 300 years old and quite a draw card for the tourist buses to go down. The cost was very reasonable and this was a drawcard for us originally, so we keep going back. Breakfasts were good.

• 21st Jul 2014

Dette er et bra sentralt sted for de som ønsker å bo rimelig. Hyggelig vertskap og en greit enkel frokost.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Norway

There were some problems at the very beginning when I was told my pounds, which I had just gotten at the airport, were fraudulent. Turns out they weren't and the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. On a better note, by London standards, the place was comfortable and clean enough. I definitely recommend it for visitors who want a quiet hostel experience. The neighborhood was also quite nice and was very well-located.

We had a wonderful time the room were clean although it didn't have a shower or bathroom we were fine with it we are going back there its close to the underground and perfect to get back to Heathrow see you guys again next year.

• 16th Jul 2014