Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

I cannot say enough good things about Pickwick! The staff were so friendly and accommodating. They prepared our 3-person room for us early when had an earlier than norm check in, and the beds we slept in to be the most comfortable of any hostel I stayed I my whole trip. It is an older buliding, but very clean with an amazing location! Just a 15-20 min walk to the Phoenix theatre with a pick up site for the " Original bus tour" just down the street. Incredible value. Definitely coming back!

• 27th May 2014

Very good location, very friendly-staff and a useful microwave in the room! Absolutely value for money. I will definitely choose to stay at Pickwick next time in London.

The experience about those days we stayed at PIckwick Hall were really great! Wonderful location and wonderful room!

• 25th May 2014
  • Taiwan

The hostel is a great find in a very central location. Everything is included in the price including towels and a simple breakfast. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here on my next visit to London.

It is a nice hostel in a good Location and the highlight is a great view from the breakfast table. Disdurbing was the false fire Alarm. Nevertheless, A nice place for a Weekend trip.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Austria

Nice hostel. Fantastic location. Supermarkets nearby. The bathroom was clean. I stayed in 4-bed female room and loved the window with a garden view. You could hear birds singing in the morning! The staff was a bit inconsistent. The gentleman who first showed me around and the Indian (?) young lady were very nice. The older lady on the last day seemed to have issues understanding English and operating a payment terminal. I would have loved some orange juice or at least some water in the morning.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Belgium

This was a charming house-like hostel. Our room was private and included a sink, each floor shared toilets/showers. The room included a refrigerator and microwave, which allowed us to not eat out every meal. Breakfast was included and was served in the kitchen; breakfast consisted of cold cereals, toast, coffee (amazing!), and tea.The staff was really friendly and took care of booking us a cab to take us to the airport. The only downfall was the thin windows and street noise during the night.

• 22nd May 2014

This is a nice quiet hostel, nice location. only five minutes from Holborn station. superb.

Good lacation, clean and staff very kind!

• 17th May 2014

Very clean, taken care of and friendly environment in a very central location!

Pickwick Hall is quiet and classy, in a great location (between Holborn and Russell Square), few blocks from British Museum. The staff is very kind and Patrick the owner is a very nice guy. The rooms are wide and clean , and the price ( you're in London!!!) is quite affordable.! I recommend 100% the Hostel.

Good cooking facility, good free WiFi. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The tap is well secured and only hot water is supplied. It can be easily improved.

Excellent location, good value for money, friendly staff, comfortable beds, clean linen and plenty of towels. Only issue was some other guests leaving at about 4am - chattering, banging doors, yelling about taxis. But that wasn't the hostels fault. Maybe bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper as there are a number of hotels on the road, and guests walking back late maybe a little loud after a few beers but its not a big problem. Basic breakfast - cereal, toast, tea & coffee but plenty of it!

Perfect localization and the staff is very polite. My suggestion would be an improvement at the facilities. Some rooms have furnitures in poor conditions... I was not able to use them due to that.

• 7th May 2014

If u want to have a nice stay and walk around London just by foot, then this is definitely the right place to stay. Nothing to complain.

• 6th May 2014
  • Taiwan

Welcoming and helpful. Took the time to send an email to warn about the tube strike. Quiet, and very convenient location in Bloomsbury. Decor unmodernised, but that suited me.

Spacious and quiet. Great location. Pretty comfortable stay.

This is my second time staying here and I would repeat.

Clean airy room, spacious en suite. Breakfast could have been made more interesting with the addition of some fruit or juice, but no complaints at this price.

• 28th Apr 2014

My only problem with Pickwick Hall was carrying my big and heavy luggage up the two (big) flights of rather narrow stairs. There's no elevator so you have a lot of heavy luggage, be prepared for some arm exercise. Aside from that, I really enjoyed my stay there! The private room is room clean, they provide linen and towels, the shower was warm and wonderful! The breakfast is simple (bread, jams, milk & cereal) but more than enough for me! I'd definitely stay there again!