Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

If you are looking for a central, quiet and great-value-for-your-money place to stay, this is perfect. Comfortable and generous rooms, friendly and personal atmosphere, attentive staff, more than adequate facilities. We (family with teenagers) enjoyed our stay very much. Not your typical hostel though and probably not for party seekers.

This is quite a hard review to write. While the staff was very kind and helpful and the hostel is well located to the Holborn station and Kings Cr/St Pancr, our room in the basement had a few flaws to it which was a bit of a downside to our experience at Pickwick Hall. E.g. the shower was a bit mouldy - in general the bathrooms and towels wouldn't dry properly. There was no wifi signal in our room and we had to discover that the toilet brush holder was...well, not that clean. Still recommended.

Great staff and very convenient location. The room was clean all the essentials were provided. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Hi there! I really enjoyed my stay at your hostel. My room was very nice and also the kitchen and living room were very sweet! Thank you for having me there. I def come back to stay with you next time! :)

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Austria

Me and my girlfriend stayed here from 1st Aug to 5th Aug 2014. The central and easy to find location was crucial regarding the choice of the hostel. Even better, the boss and his employees were very nice and courteous. The breakfast wasn't what you would call sumptuous but appropriate regarding the price. At arrival you get your get the keys which lock the front door as well as your room. If I visit London again, i'd stay here again and I would unconditionally recommend it.

This is one of my favorite hostels to stay at. The staff is great and the location is very close to the city center. Extremely clean facilities and a very quiet place to relax. My room included a mini fridge and a microwave and of all the hostels I have stayed at this is the one that felt like a hotel and not a hostel. I will definktely stay here again.

Amazing value. Friendly and laid back staff. If you're on a budget this is the place for you.

• 28th Jul 2014

First time staying at Pickwick Hall, but definitely not the last. My favorite London hostel so far. Friendly staff, easy going welcoming atmosphere, good facilities and all in an excellent location :)

• 28th Jul 2014

We have been to Pickwick Hall before, five years ago.It is basic, but the rooms were quite roomy, and the beds very comfy and clean. The bathroom and showers were tiny especially the shower alcoves, but being a very old bldg nothing can be done about that. There are a whole row of similar houses, they are 300 years old and quite a draw card for the tourist buses to go down. The cost was very reasonable and this was a drawcard for us originally, so we keep going back. Breakfasts were good.

• 21st Jul 2014

Dette er et bra sentralt sted for de som ønsker å bo rimelig. Hyggelig vertskap og en greit enkel frokost.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Norway

There were some problems at the very beginning when I was told my pounds, which I had just gotten at the airport, were fraudulent. Turns out they weren't and the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. On a better note, by London standards, the place was comfortable and clean enough. I definitely recommend it for visitors who want a quiet hostel experience. The neighborhood was also quite nice and was very well-located.

We had a wonderful time the room were clean although it didn't have a shower or bathroom we were fine with it we are going back there its close to the underground and perfect to get back to Heathrow see you guys again next year.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Extremely comfortable. Could not believe value for money for such a great location. My first time staying in a hostel, we will certainly return.

• 16th Jul 2014

Loved everything about this hostel. When you're in London, STAY HERE!:)

The staff was kind and the facilities were clean. Overall one of my best experiences at a hostel.

On the whole, the hostel is clean and nice, and is really worth the price. I used the hostel twice with a time gap in between. The only criticism that I can make is that the check-out time is not fixed - the first time it was 7:30 a.m. (which for me was quite a problem), the next time it was 10:30 a.m. I found this a little strange.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Great Wi-Fi connection, plus one terminal in the Library, where there is also a TV. Good location near British Museum, Simple breakfast with coffee/tea, toast, and cold cereals. Very international mix during breakfast, though many did not use the Library. No problems with the shared toilets/showers on each floor.

If you're looking for a partying hostel this won't be the one. We stayed inside a 4-bdr dorm and we got asked to leave by our room mate because we were speaking too loudly. When one of the showers was flooding, we told reception and they fixed it straight away which was very good and our adapter blew up and they were able to provide us another one as well. It's a really good hostel and I had a really good experience here too. I would stay here again.

This hostel has got a cosy and friendly atmosphere. It is managed by its owners and that makes a great difference. It is a quiet place where you can have a nice rest. Breakfast is very tasty. Towels and soap are given. Usually families or travellers who want to have a good night's sleep stay here. The location es excellent, it's 2 minutes away fom the British Museum. I highly recommend Pickwick hall!

I would define the Pickwick Hostel more a hotel than a hostel: spacey rooms, I found two towels and soap on my bed at my arrival, I had a microwave and a fridge in my bedroom and free Wi-Fi. Plus the kitchen was always open and one could go grocery shopping, leave the things he bought in the kitchen and cook them there, whenever they wanted. The staff was very kind and available all the time. There's a computer and a printer in the living room, in case someone needs to print something.

• 2nd Jul 2014