Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

This hostel was a great place to stay for one quiet night in London. I had just gotten off a transatlantic flight and had errands to run all day in London before taking off backpacking - my room at Pickwick Hall was ready when I arrived before check-in time, & I was able to have a hot shower and a quick nap before I set out. There were no bunk beds in my 4-person dorm room, just actual beds, which was great. There are no lockers, but there are safety deposit boxes upstairs you can use for a fee.

Very quiet hostel, the bathrooms could do with an update but they are cleaned everyday. They have single beds, no bunks which is very refreshing, and a fridge in every room. Breakfast is simple bit you can eat as much as you want. I had a present stay here and would stay again. Thank you for the warm home feeling.

If you're staying in a double twin you only get one set of keys so if you and the person you're staying with get seperated, you need to make a plan for the keys or else one of you might get locked out, and there's no staff working at night so you'll be outside.

• 29th Aug 2013

Pickwick hall is in a great location and it is not that expensive. I liked staying there however there was something that I didn't find very professional. When I arrived I wasn't given any information about when the breakfast starts and finishes and therefore when I came down on one of the days, at some time past seven, there was nothing ready and I had to leave quite soon after that.

What great place to stay to be so central in London, i usually buy my day ticket and ride the underground everywhere but i only did this on one day of my stay as it was torrential rain. Pickwick Hall is great value for money considering its location, clean fresh linen and well kept public areas, i most certainly will stay again.

We really Loved staying at Pickwick Hall, we could never find a hostel with better location or staff :)

The location is fantastic and staff so helpful from before I even arrived. Security was good with two locked front doors and a lock on the room door too. The bed was pretty comfy, it was nice because they weren't bunk beds! Bathrooms were ok but not the best I've seen in hostels. Breakfast and towels included are a nice touch too.

Good place just to spend the night. The owners are nice, freindly people, but the ambience is too serious. The fridge in the room is a cool thing in its favor.

Very nice staff and lovely spacious room. The shower was very nice too.

• 20th Aug 2013

Great place to stay at London. Thank you very much. It all works perfectly.

Very kind staff and very calm atmosphere.

Very good area, handy for public transport, clean only downside is the mattress in my room could do with being changed as springs were starting to go, would definite stay again

Great! If I have chance to come to London again, I will still choose this hostel. The staff, Patrick, is very nice and willing to solve any of my problems. I love Pickwick Hall. The only thing I want to complain is wifi, because sometimes I cannot access. Except for that, everything is fine. :)

Very very good location. Decent beds. Good Wifi throughout the hostel. Clean. Other travelers tended to keep to themselves and it was an older crowd foresure (probably oldest I've come across at a hostel), but I had no issue with this. Location alone makes it a winner.

Great hostel in a safe street. Close to the tube och and also so you can walk to Oxford st and to the British museum. The breakfast was great for beeing free and at a hostel. You get different kind of toast bread, different kind of serials, tea and real coffea. There were no bunk beads in our dorm and you never had to wait in line for the bathroom. The free wifi was great and fast. This is not a party hostel but are close to some great pubs.

I stayed only for one night in the women's room. It would be more comfortable if the owners of the hostal closed the skylight that is right above the bed near the window, since with the summer light shining on the room in the evening, it makes it very difficult to sleep.

Though breakfast technically began at 8:00, if I happened to be down there earlier, I was offered coffee and anything else they had. Very kind! I had also left an item in the garden and they had located it and held it for me until I was able to retrieve it.

• 11th Aug 2013

Perfect location and terrific value for money.

• 11th Aug 2013

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay and you don't want a big, noisy, party hostel, this is the place to go for! And although the (bath)rooms may be a little dated, the bed was great, it was clean, the atmosphere was very nice and the location is great. I will stay here again!

• 10th Aug 2013

Location in Bloomsbury was fantastic and the breakfast included was pretty decent too (cereals and toast). Can't knock it at all for the price. The shared showers weren't a complete picture of hygiene but not disgusting. The rooms were clean and basic as you'd expect for the price. The window in our room wouldn't lock though which was a security issue. All in all I'd recommend this hostel to stay in London if you are watching your money.

• 4th Aug 2013