Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

This hostel has got a cosy and friendly atmosphere. It is managed by its owners and that makes a great difference. It is a quiet place where you can have a nice rest. Breakfast is very tasty. Towels and soap are given. Usually families or travellers who want to have a good night's sleep stay here. The location es excellent, it's 2 minutes away fom the British Museum. I highly recommend Pickwick hall!

I would define the Pickwick Hostel more a hotel than a hostel: spacey rooms, I found two towels and soap on my bed at my arrival, I had a microwave and a fridge in my bedroom and free Wi-Fi. Plus the kitchen was always open and one could go grocery shopping, leave the things he bought in the kitchen and cook them there, whenever they wanted. The staff was very kind and available all the time. There's a computer and a printer in the living room, in case someone needs to print something.

• 2nd Jul 2014

I was a lone female traveler, looking for a safe low budget but clean place. My stay at Pickwick Hall was a social experience - chatted with staff, chatted with a fellow guest in a bed next to mine, had a breakfast with two teachers from abroad who were in London on holidays.Will stay again, thank you.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

The staffs are nice, and services include breakfast are excellent. The location is perfect. Will book again definitely.

not your typical "young kids" hostel, but still a nice quiet place with friendly staff.

Nice location

Hostel is in a good location, close to the British Museum, city centre and tube stations. Staff very helpful and friendly

Absolutely loved it. I felt at home immediately. The main pros are very spacious, friendly communal areas, 2-bed dorms with comfy beds, lovely staff - the receptionist carried by suitcase to my room. It's a quiet and peaceful place, definitely no party hostel. The only negative were the taps. The cold water doesn't work. The tap next to the loo had so hot water that I couldn't use it.

Fantastic value for money. The staff is more than helpful and extremely hospitable. It makes you feel like home.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Poland

simple and accommodating hostel right in the heart of london. lovely staff, very kind and helpful. nice place for a short stay!

Great location, feels safe at night and super close to Holborn station. Rooms and bathroom were clean. Beds were awful, you could feel the wires in your back while you slept. In the bathroom, the cold water tap didn't work which was annoying. Hostel seems more tailored to older people (i.e. +40) - there is a common area but the hostel staff does not make any effort to help the guests meet each other so it isn't good for anyone travelling alone or for pre-gaming.

Very nice, I didn't have to sleep in bunk beds, but instead there were four single beds in the room. I didn't see lockers but didn't ask. There were dressers in the room, as well as a microwave, fridge and sink. Great location, very cute kitchen area. The staff were friendly and ready to help. I would stay here again!

Great location, excellent value for money, nice homely atmosphere. I arrived very early at 7am as my flight arrived in London at 5.30am, just planned to leave my luggage and check in later in the afternoon, and I was offered breakfast - very thoughtful. I would definitely stay here again.

I thought the Pickwick was ideal for what I wanted. And it is impeccably clean! Loved the location, the staff who are very helpful and room, which was the same as one gets around Russell Square. Recommend!

• 18th Jun 2014

Location is excellent, this is an old fashion decoration building, the furniture are antiques, so the mattress might be ages ago, not that comfy though, but other bits are great.

Pickwick Hall had all I needed and more: good sleep, good shower, good internet, fine kitchen, calm atmosphere and a pleasant welcome: thank you.

Pickwick Hall was very secure and in a great location; about a 7 minute walk from the British Museum. Staff were friendly, and the place was quiet and relaxing. A complimentary toast and cereal breakfast was available.

I cannot say enough good things about Pickwick! The staff were so friendly and accommodating. They prepared our 3-person room for us early when had an earlier than norm check in, and the beds we slept in to be the most comfortable of any hostel I stayed I my whole trip. It is an older buliding, but very clean with an amazing location! Just a 15-20 min walk to the Phoenix theatre with a pick up site for the " Original bus tour" just down the street. Incredible value. Definitely coming back!

• 27th May 2014

Very good location, very friendly-staff and a useful microwave in the room! Absolutely value for money. I will definitely choose to stay at Pickwick next time in London.

The experience about those days we stayed at PIckwick Hall were really great! Wonderful location and wonderful room!

• 25th May 2014