Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

If u want to have a nice stay and walk around London just by foot, then this is definitely the right place to stay. Nothing to complain.

• 6th May 2014
  • Taiwan

Welcoming and helpful. Took the time to send an email to warn about the tube strike. Quiet, and very convenient location in Bloomsbury. Decor unmodernised, but that suited me.

Spacious and quiet. Great location. Pretty comfortable stay.

This is my second time staying here and I would repeat.

Clean airy room, spacious en suite. Breakfast could have been made more interesting with the addition of some fruit or juice, but no complaints at this price.

• 28th Apr 2014

My only problem with Pickwick Hall was carrying my big and heavy luggage up the two (big) flights of rather narrow stairs. There's no elevator so you have a lot of heavy luggage, be prepared for some arm exercise. Aside from that, I really enjoyed my stay there! The private room is room clean, they provide linen and towels, the shower was warm and wonderful! The breakfast is simple (bread, jams, milk & cereal) but more than enough for me! I'd definitely stay there again!

Pickwick Hall is a smaller venue and more like a bed and breakfast than a hostel - there were a couple of families with young kids and also older travellers (60+). It'd be good for people travelling for the first time or those who prefer a more quiet atmosphere. Location is fantastic, right next to the British Museum. Wasn't really for me - buildings and facilities a bit old, bed was too soft for my back and it was also a bit too quiet for my purposes but might suit others.

My husband and I stayed here on our first trip to London. We chose it because it was modestly priced for London so I was a little concerned about what it might be like. However we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was a lovely quiet haven to come back to at the end of busy days of sightseeing. The location is great (tube station close by) and it felt very safe even walking home at night. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful and it was convenient having breakfast included each day.

This hostel is 2 minutes walk from the British Museum and about 15 minutes' walk to Oxford Street etc. Breakfast is included in the rates: cereal and toast, tea and coffee. It is a quiet place – most guests are over 40. It is an older style building but very clean. There are some nice little touches – for example, the sitting room has a desktop computer and printer, so you can print theatre tickets, boarding passes for onward flights, etc. Good value for money. I would happily stay here again.

Very nice and friendly hotel, the four-bed private room was very big and had no bunk beds, just normal singles. The shower was always hot and with high water pressure. The wifi worked perfectly and all in all this is the best value for money that I've ever had in London!

my second time... do I need to write something else?

The staffs were not available at night. i had trouble when wanted to ask more about water supply on the first night.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

This is a really great hostel in a super location. 3 of us stayed in a 4 bed room whilst on a hen do last weekend. The room was very comfortable and the shower facilities were great. Definitely recommend

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Near impossable to fault. I was there for almost 2 weeks. Security on the two front doors means security is well covered. Staff are helpful and friendly. My room had a fridge, microwave, table, chair, robe for clothes, heater, power points, and single beds in the room. Showers and toilets were next door. Breakfast in the mornings was self serve cerial, toast, coffee, etc but there are cooking facilites for guests if you want to buy from the local supermarket and eat in. Very recommended!

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Quiet; great location; wonderful experience.

• 9th Apr 2014

Fantastic location! Very central and easy to find. The room was fine. It wasn't beautiful and the shower/bathroom was functional rather than aesthetically pleasing but it's great value for money and the staff are lovely.

• 8th Apr 2014

When I Will return to London, I Will certainly stay again at this hostel. The stuff was super nice and super friendly. They gave us all the information we needed. The location of the hostel is also great. Only a few minuts walking away from the British museum, and from others attractions. The neighborhood was quiet, so we had no problems with sleeping. The breakfast is simple but you will not go away hungry. The refrigerator in our room was also a big and nice surprise. We loved it. I recommend!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

We loved staying at Pickwick Hall. The common areas and our room were beautiful, excellent cleanliness, excellent location (safe, close to everything, supermarkets in the area, a big tube station around the corner and lots of buses). The owner is a wonderful person that makes you feel you are at home far from home. I will definitely stay here again when I return to London.

The carpet had moths living in it. we stayed there overnight, only because we arrived at 1 in the morning and couldn't/didn't want to go out looking for another room

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Wonderful location, wonderful welcome.