X

Home to the world's greatest Hostels

30,000 properties, 180 countries Over 3.5 million guest reviews 21 million bookings

Pickwick Hall Reviews

7 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, London, England

Reviews & Ratings Explained

86%

Rating
1285 Total Reviews
  • 87%Value For Money
  • 88%Security
  • 98%Location
  • 86%Staff
  • 80%Atmosphere
  • 81%Cleanliness
  • 79%Facilities

The rating percentage is calculated from customers who booked within the last 12 months.

All ratings and reviews are based on the feedback and opinions of the customers who submitted them and do not express the opinions of Hostelworld.com. This way, you get an up-to-the-minute opinion of just how good a hostel really is.
Read our review guidelines »

  • Show:

83%

Pickwick Hall Hostel is a very functional one: excellent location, silent, with hot water all day long, a good breakfast, kind stuff .


74%

Very basic needs drink facilities in room and general updating in rooms which had cracked walls.bed very comfy management very helpful and accommodating nice location to

  • 19th Aug 2015
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • England
  • Male, 31-40
  • (1 review)


80%

Personnel très gentil et serviable. Propre et excellent emplacement.

  • 18th Aug 2015
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • France
  • Female, 41+
  • (1 review)


86%

Petit établissement familial sympathique. Tout le confort nécessaire même si les lieux sont un peu vétustes. Les draps et serviettes sont compris ainsi que le petit déj (continental) donc très intéressant rapport qualité prix. Le personnel est très agréable et serviable. L'auberge est très bien placée au niveau des sites à visiter et se situe dans une rue assez calme. Tous les âges sont acceptés. Pour ma part, je voyageais avec un enfant. Très bon souvenir. Merci.

  • 16th Aug 2015
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • France
  • Female, 31-40
  • (1 review)


86%

Very close to everything. Can be a bit noisy if you have a street facing room. Would definitely stay here again!


86%

Nous avons particulièrement apprécié notre séjour dans cet endroit. Le personnel est charmant, le lieu est calme et reposant et en plus il est à deux pas du coeur de Londres et de la gare de Saint Pancras. Nous y retournerons avec plaisir et nous recommanderons définitivement cette auberge.

  • 5th Aug 2015
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • France
  • Female, 41+
  • (1 review)


77%

Dommage que l'on ait vu passer une souris dans la cuisine... résidence qui mériterait d'être rénovée. Sinon très bien placée avec ce qu'il faut pour préparer ses repas.

  • 1st Aug 2015
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • France
  • Couple, 41+
  • (1 review)


80%

I put my check-in time as 9:30am, knowing I would be a little later, but I wanted too give the hostel enough time. I arrived around 10:00am and the room still was not ready. I needed to change clothes and freshen up for a meeting, but the woman looked at me like I was crazy. She eventually let me go up and drop my bags off and change my clothes. She gave me the lobby wifi information, but not the room password (one of the girls in the room later told me).


94%

Pickwick was very welcoming and helpful in keeping my luggage for me and directing me and keeping me informed on the check in an check out process. I really enjoyed my stay. The atmosphere is not super updated but kept very clean and in good condition. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to my friends and family. I would definitely come back!

  • 30th Jul 2015
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • USA
  • Female, 18-24
  • (1 review)


71%

We stayed with my boyfriend in a double bed room which was just two single beds put together. That's ok, we've slept like that before in other hostels. The problem were the sheets and blankets! The hostel needs to buy sheets and blankets that fit two single beds put together instead of placing them horizontally, which was awkward and uncomfortable since the bed would get unmade very easily. Trying to sleep like that was very unpleasant!


86%

Clean, remarkably quiet for central London, ok beds, very reasonable price.


80%

Aucun soucis particulier. Simple et efficace.

  • 24th Jul 2015
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • France
  • Male, 31-40
  • (1 review)


74%

Nettes Hostel in absouter Top-Lage, für Londoner Verhältnisse vergleihweise günsig.


89%

nous avons réellement apprécié notre séjour dans votre auberge et tout était parfait néanmoins, peut être un petite suggestion à propos de la douche de la 18 , un rideau de douche moins opaque serait le bienvenu car il fait noir dans cette douche !!! mais vraiment ce n'est qu'un détail car votre auberge de jeunesse est impeccablement tenue !

  • 11th Jul 2015
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • France
  • Female, 41+
  • (1 review)


86%

it was a pretty good place to stay ! staff were friendly n a room was quite nice, clean n pretty quiet! each bed were separated n very comfy. I stayed there only one night but if I stayed longer, I would love to stay in this hostel:) thank you for everything!


86%

A little tired looking, but the location and price more than make up for it. Staff generally friendly and hostel clean.


94%

Nice staff, very polite and helpful. Nice breakfast. But facility is a bit old.


100%

Un endroit parfait pour séjourner à Londres, très bien placé, accueil très agréable, confort impeccable. Un nouveau séjour se fera forcément dans cet établissement où nous avons été si bien.


100%

I have a lovely stay, although unfortunately somewhat short. Would definitely return for a longer trip and recommend it to my friends!

  • 6th Jul 2015
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • Romania
  • Female, 18-24
  • (1 review)


94%

Bon accueil. L'hôtel est très bien pour le prix.

  • 6th Jul 2015
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • France
  • Female, 25-30
  • (1 review)


« first « Prev 1 2 3 4
(66 results)


View all London Hostels

Please give us your feedback