Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Arce N� 27, Uyuni, Bolivia

Stayed there in a eight person dorm. The showers run only during daytime hours, and are nice and hot. They also have heating from 8pm until 8 am, which was nice since it was warm the whole night. They also offer to keep your bag during your trip of the salt flats for 3bolivanos a day, and if you are waiting for a night bus when you come back from your tour they charge 15bolivanos for using the lounge/kitchen/ bathroom/ wifi ( a shower is an extra 15 or 20bolivianos).

One of the staff members were very unfriendly and the hostel was extremely stingy compared to any other place I've stayed. It took about 5 minutes of convincing to be allowed to use the Internet for 2 minutes after my stay, I've never experienced this un-friendliness in any other hostel I've stayed at in South America (and it's been a lot). That being said, the breakfast was decent and the showers were hot.

Nice hostel, hot showers, comfy beds. Really good heating - too hot sometimes in fact haha. Staff were super friendly and helpful with loads of information. Bit more expensive than a normal hostel but it is to be expected when you stay in uyuni. Would recommend to anyone staying for a night.

• 26th Sep 2015

Receptionists were kind and helpful. Great option to use the common facilities for additional 20Bolivianos if you are taking a bus or flight after checkout time.

We only stayed for one night. We left our bags in the reception area when we arrived (too early for check-in), but since sometimes there is noone at the reception and there is no closed door, anyone from the street could potentially have stolen our bags. Something to improve security-wise. We had to leave very early and the old hardwood floors creak so bad that we probably woke up everyone. The dorm was ok, the showers and bathroom were very good.

Just perfect for what we needed for a one night stand, clean and friendly service. Also can I recommend some of the best pizza in Boliviais juts in the hallway as you enter the complex #fact

Ticks all the boxes for a simple and cheap overnight stay - special mention goes to the showers which were properly hot and powerful, a bit of a rarity in Bolivia!

Perfect for a before and after salt flats tour hostel.

Comfortable beds and hot water. Wifi ok but common room cold and no computer for guests to use. One female staff member seriously needs training in customer service. I checked the showers hot water tap to see if it was working for seriously less than 4 seconds and she runs in telling me "What [I was] doing was criminal" and "we live in the desert" as if I didn't notice. Other staff members were very friendly and helpful though. Basic breakfast: sugar puffs, toast & tea / coffee. Recommended.

The lady in charge was fantastic. She was always available and provided subjective information on the salt flat tours given past feedback. I was going to stay for 2 nights but she was honest with me and said I would only require one night as I will likely be able to get on a trip the next day - and she was right! She advised me on where to go and at what time. The hostel was the perfect base for the salt flats. Hot! showers, nice breakfast, good atmosphere, great staff. Must stay here.

• 2nd Sep 2015

was a good hostel for a stop before doing the salt flats tour. was a decent hostel but as always with south america the wifi never worked. would still recommend as it was cheap.

The hostel was in a good location and offered a nice free breakfast. It is a good stopover hostel on the way to Uyuni and a good place to get a hot shower if you´ve just come back from there.

expectations far exceeded! lovely sunny wooden building with pretty stain glass windows, comfy nooks & crannies & warm except for very early in the morning. hot shower was magical after salar de uyuni. prime location on the plaza in town. we met lots of people here, either heading from where we were off to next with plenty of tips, or heading in the same direction as us. no complaints at all

It is a good hostel but is basic it does provide hot showers and breakfast is included. It is a great stop for visiting the salt flats. It is cold but our beds were warm and we had a radiator, make sure you bring lots of layers!!

It is an excellent location to explore the city

The breakfast could be better but we had a nice stay. It's good that we don't have to use our own bath towels, since the hostel lends some.

• 19th Aug 2015

Centrally located close to the tour operators, buses and estaurants, this was a good find. The rooms were cosy and really warm (we had a double room and the had its own heater and plenty of blankets), the showers were hot and the free breakfast really nice and plentiful. Recommended!

The great location in the center of town close to everything you need. A bit noisy with the wooden floor while people walking. Wifi is good in common area only.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

It has a good location, just two blocks from the bus terminal and one block from the train station. It is an old building, the floor is made of wood that could be very noisy when someone's walking but not a big deal since, normally everybody goes to bed early! Beds are comfortable. WiFi is steady but not available al over the place, just close to the front desk. Breakfast is simple, just bread and tea. Shared bathrooms with hot water which isvery much appreciated in Uyuni. It is a good place.

A good hostel for a overnight stay until your Uyuni tour starts, more you cannot do in the city: Warm blankets, comfortable matresses, warm showers, heaters in the rooms, small kitchen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4