Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Arce N� 27, Uyuni, Bolivia

The only good think about this 'hostel' id the hot shower. The kitchen is not sufficient and the comunal area is dirty, cold and unfriendly.

I like this hostel. (+) Charming place, lovely common areas and has very good and comfortable private rooms. (-) Twice more expensive than one of the decent hotels nearby. Charge 15-20 bolivianos if you want to continue using the facility after checkout (not a lot of money and I can understand why the hostel would / should charge that. Still, it wasn't expected from my experience staying at hostels)

Options to rest for who is doing the Salt Desert tour.

Very basic accomodation, the place needs a face lift urgently. Staff very unfriendly. Location excellent as 5 min walk to tour operators

This hostel is in a good location and has great hot showers but they are the only positives. Staff are extremely rude and made us pay for an extra night when we arrived at 5am, telling us if we didn't pay we could freeze outside in the cold even though we had a reservation for that day. Toilets are dirty and often don't work. Breakfast is very stale bread or cereal. Wifi is non functional. There must be better places in Uyuni!

Basic hostel, average staff, ok breakfast, building could do with a renovation as it is pretty old. Ok for one night before you head to the salt flat tours. Electricity points in my room were not working or dangerous. Staying here was definitely not a highlight.

The wifi was terrible!

A little overpriced in my opinion and the breakfast was one of the worst I've had!! Super stale bread, and yes I know most places just provide bread but this was bad quality! A little too hot at night and no ladder to get up to my top bunk which was interesting... I think for the money you'd be better spending it elsewhere, even if it doesn't include breakfast, as you can pick up something cheaper and better value in the restaurants around the town. Was alright for a basic one night I guess

Staff seemed passive aggressive, could have been more welcoming and friendly. Location and the people staying here were great. Good breakfast with a few options, but the bread was very poor, it would crumble in your hands because it was so white and processed. Everything was clean, but it was annoying that only some of the showers worked. Very happy that the showers were hot!! I would recommend this place to other travelers!

Nice hot and clean shower, especially after a 3-day Salar tour. Location is perfect, near train station and centrally located in Uyuni.

Internet connection was awful but other than that an okay hostel.

WIFI doesn't work. It was on but it wasn't possible to load a website. Breakfast was the worst of six weeks southamerica (driest bread ever)

Breakfast wasn't great. Bread was very cheap and fell apart and sugar puffs weren't fresh. We were told that we would have to pay to sit outside and use the wifi after we checked out while we waited for our bus which we thought was a bit ridiculous. Everything else was good.

Piedra Blanca is perfectly fine for a short stay. Let's be honest - no one comes to Uyuni to stay in town. To that end, the hostel provides everything you need - especially hot showers, which was wonderful following three days in the desert. Would certainly recommend staying here if you have to stay in town.

• 31st Aug 2014

Had a fine one night stay here.WiFi worked, location excellent and rooms and showers were hot. No idea what breakfast like as we had an early bus the next day and we were not allowed any ingredients to make our own.

Central, standard class hostel in small Uyuni, bedrooms with heaters against the cold at night! Unfortunately no real areas for socializing, thus lacking atmosphere.

The hostel is a great stopover after a long bus journey or coming back from the salt flats. Apart from a lil slow wifi, which is common through all of Bolivia, this is a good hostel with all the amenities you need including a decent breakfast and with the best shower I had in all of Bolivia!

Poor and dirty kitchen, bathroom and dorms warm and clean.

• 20th Aug 2014

Friendly people, perfect location and the best hot showers in town! Beds/matrasses in dorm were a little old, but good in the private room. Both the dorm and private room were warm at night. Breakfast was normal. Good value for money!

this is the only hostel in hostelworld, an comfortable place to rest, great location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5