Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Arce N� 27, Uyuni, Bolivia

The showers were nice and hot. The internet was quite fast and worked just fine. The staff was very friendly and helped us with all our questions about the Salar de Uyuni tours. Lockers are available. Next to the hostels are ATM´s and a lot of restaurants. The common room was nice and you could watch DVD´s if you want. The only negative thing was the breakfast: The toast was as dry and hard as the Uyuni desert....the cereals instead were soft and slushy. But the rest was just fine =)

Extremely pricy for dorm bed and worst breakfast we had in South America. But I guess it's the same everywhere in Uyuni...

Great stop over place for before or after salt flats tour!

Hot water, wifi only worked near reception, room was a bit tired but clean, staff spoke good English and were helpful. Breakfast - coffee, tea, cereal, yoghurt, bread, butter and jam. Uyuni has reputation of not being cheap or that good for accomodation but this hostel was alright if you bear that in mind.

The only good think about this 'hostel' id the hot shower. The kitchen is not sufficient and the comunal area is dirty, cold and unfriendly.

I like this hostel. (+) Charming place, lovely common areas and has very good and comfortable private rooms. (-) Twice more expensive than one of the decent hotels nearby. Charge 15-20 bolivianos if you want to continue using the facility after checkout (not a lot of money and I can understand why the hostel would / should charge that. Still, it wasn't expected from my experience staying at hostels)

Options to rest for who is doing the Salt Desert tour.

Very basic accomodation, the place needs a face lift urgently. Staff very unfriendly. Location excellent as 5 min walk to tour operators

This hostel is in a good location and has great hot showers but they are the only positives. Staff are extremely rude and made us pay for an extra night when we arrived at 5am, telling us if we didn't pay we could freeze outside in the cold even though we had a reservation for that day. Toilets are dirty and often don't work. Breakfast is very stale bread or cereal. Wifi is non functional. There must be better places in Uyuni!

Basic hostel, average staff, ok breakfast, building could do with a renovation as it is pretty old. Ok for one night before you head to the salt flat tours. Electricity points in my room were not working or dangerous. Staying here was definitely not a highlight.

The wifi was terrible!

A little overpriced in my opinion and the breakfast was one of the worst I've had!! Super stale bread, and yes I know most places just provide bread but this was bad quality! A little too hot at night and no ladder to get up to my top bunk which was interesting... I think for the money you'd be better spending it elsewhere, even if it doesn't include breakfast, as you can pick up something cheaper and better value in the restaurants around the town. Was alright for a basic one night I guess

Staff seemed passive aggressive, could have been more welcoming and friendly. Location and the people staying here were great. Good breakfast with a few options, but the bread was very poor, it would crumble in your hands because it was so white and processed. Everything was clean, but it was annoying that only some of the showers worked. Very happy that the showers were hot!! I would recommend this place to other travelers!

Nice hot and clean shower, especially after a 3-day Salar tour. Location is perfect, near train station and centrally located in Uyuni.

Internet connection was awful but other than that an okay hostel.

WIFI doesn't work. It was on but it wasn't possible to load a website. Breakfast was the worst of six weeks southamerica (driest bread ever)

Breakfast wasn't great. Bread was very cheap and fell apart and sugar puffs weren't fresh. We were told that we would have to pay to sit outside and use the wifi after we checked out while we waited for our bus which we thought was a bit ridiculous. Everything else was good.

Piedra Blanca is perfectly fine for a short stay. Let's be honest - no one comes to Uyuni to stay in town. To that end, the hostel provides everything you need - especially hot showers, which was wonderful following three days in the desert. Would certainly recommend staying here if you have to stay in town.

• 31st Aug 2014

Had a fine one night stay here.WiFi worked, location excellent and rooms and showers were hot. No idea what breakfast like as we had an early bus the next day and we were not allowed any ingredients to make our own.

Central, standard class hostel in small Uyuni, bedrooms with heaters against the cold at night! Unfortunately no real areas for socializing, thus lacking atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5