Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Arce N� 27, Uyuni, Bolivia

Perfect backpacker spot for Uyuni. Cheap and cheerful, lovely staff, but VERY cold as heating only went on at 8pm which forces you into bed before then!!!

Meets expectations. I don't think anyone expects extra good facilities in Uyuni. Great value for money. Showers are amazing. The staff are really nice and helpful. But the facilities are a bit lacking. The squeaky floors and extremely cold indoor temperature. I think Piedra Blanca would earn amazing reviews with some facility upgrades.

Beds comfy but upper bunks needed a painter ladder to get up and down from. Ladder had to be shared between 4 people - impossible. Staff were extremely cold - one female staff was constantly staring at everyone and made me feel very uncomfortable. Breakfast was rotten - full of sugary bread, cereal and yoghurt - No fruit. No information provided on local activities or area. No atmosphere in the place at all. The courtyard could do with a lot of TLC. Wifi was good when it worked.

Really good location. They kept our reservation until 2.30 am and opened the door. Bad point: there wasn't hot water at he time we arrived. Room didn't have keys.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Nice hostel in good location. Yes the internet is in and out but that could be because of Uyuni. Extra charges for hanging out after check out.

We arrived in Uyuni at 4.30am in the morning and knocked on the hostels door at 5am asking if we can leave our bags only to be greeted by a very grumpy staff. Seeing how most tourist busses arrive at this time and nothing else is open at the time I find it hard to believe how a hostel can be so unaccomodating. Another staff we talked to later also turned out to be quite rude so we ended up cancelling our stay.

Really hot shower and a good and basic breakfast. There's heating from 8pm to 8am. Best place to be after the 3 days trip at Salar. Comfortable beds. The wi-fi is terrible, that's the only problem but it is regular to Bolivia standard.

It's a good hostel to stay in for one might before heading out to salar de Uyuni. The hostel is built to that, clean and had nice and hot showers. The breakfast is very basic, toast with jam and butter. So fine for one night, you wouldn't stay there for longer since Uyuni itself is quite dull. So head out after one night.

This hostel was okay for a night before the salt flats tour. The showers were very hot. Unfortunately the wifi wasn't very strong and the reception is often left vacant with people's bags left there for anyone to take. Also, be aware that if you arrive before check-in time, they may not allow you to enter the communal areas, and you may have to sit in the outside area of the hostel which is not ideal when the temperature is sub-zero. This hostel was okay for one night, but don't expect too much.

This was my worst hostel experience! They are about money not peoples comfort. The heaters don't go on till later 8ish and only in the bedroom so everyone is sitting freezing in the main room therefore you have to go to bed to stay warm. The wifi was a joke, lucky if the connection lasted a minute before dropping off. Finally the staff were not accommodating, I arrived early in the morning and asked if I could wait for 2 hrs for checkin and they said no and charged another night. NEVER AGAIN!!!

• 7th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

The beds were nice although the bedrooms were small, so everything was kind of packed. Small bathrooms but very nice showers. There were very nice people on the hostel.

Great hostel. Friendly, helpful staff. Awesome hot showers and good basic breakfast. Very close to Red Planet office if that's helpful.

I booked a room for myself after staying in dorms for a while in order to get a good nights sleep. However the hostel was full of really loud people, and loud music. I didn't really realise that this was more of a party hostel as if I had had realised, I I wouldn't have stayed here. However on a positive note, the staff were friendly, the wifi worked well and the shower was nice and hot.

Good hostel. Close to everything. Helpful staff. Warm room. Hit water.

Hot showers, decent wifi, okay breakfast, and heating inside the bedrooms. A little pricey, but really good for Bolivian standards. You get what you pay for.

Really big, cold rooms. They have heaters that kick in at night, but they are set so low that I don't know how much they actually helped. They do give you a ton of blankets and the shower was nice and hot. Breakfast was included but nothing special. Seemed a little expensive for what we got, but I guess most places are overpriced in Uyuni. The restaurant downstairs was surprisingly good.

Good hostel to stay in when you're in Uyuni waiting for your tour to start. Hot water is available during the daytime hours. The rooms are clean and a heater is turned on at night. Breakfast is included but the regular hostel fare. Good value for the money. I would stay here again.

The hostel had limited heating and only in the bedrooms. There was only two operating showers for the 30 plus people staying there, the hot water was only working as a trickle on one of the showers, so really there was only one shower. The bunk beds had no ladders making it very dangerous to get up to the second level. The wifi was spotty to say the least and only worked in one part of the hostel.

Convenient location, the place is quite cold, and the staff member who greeted me was not welcoming or friendly - only told me things I should not do while there.

We stayed for one night after the salt flats, great location, good atmoshpere and very helpful staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4