Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Arce N� 27, Uyuni, Bolivia

Really good if you're stopping off before or after the salt flats tour. Clean, big rooms, lots of blankets. Best showers we've had in Bolivia. Only downside is wifi is quite poor in the room but fine in the courtyard

Decent hostel, comfy beds!

70 bs. for a 6 bed dorm with no window, dirty blankets, squeaking floor boards, no hot shower between 22.30 pm and 7.30 AM. you better walk further up 50 meters where all tour agencies are, to find privates with shared bathroom for 40 bs. per person or double twin for 120 bs. stuff is helpful - the rest is not worth the money they charge. just use trip advisor to find better and cheaper accommodation in uyuni.

Not fussed on the whole communal toilets and showers thing. Reminds me of school. Other than that, very nice hostel.

Good solution in Uyuni, in the very center of the town. Very very very good breakfast, prepared by a kind woman in a kitchen which was, nevertheless, poorly equipped for personal use. The staff was a bit suspicious with the guests and the internet problematic; but that's normal in Bolivia. In conclusion, i can recommend the place.

Nice staff. Not enough showers... Think queues. Basic bit clean. Breakfast... Most of the food had been eaten when we got there at 9am so we are out.

Cool little spot right on the Main Street near all the shops, decent toilets and hot showers and really really comfy beds. Realitivly quick wifi especially for Bolivia and a nice outdoor area where you can sit and chill while enjoying the sun. All in all this is probably the best bet for Uyuni I went to several others before this and they were all terrible, it costs a little extra ttttthan wwhat youu'd normally pay for Bolivia but very much worth it

Good hot showers, shitty WiFi, nice breakfast spread. I'd return.

Good location and well English speaking girl at the reception - this is all you need in place like Uyuni ;)

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Poland

The lady was lovely, I paid her extra in $$ because it was torn and she said it wasn't worth the full amount, and as I was rushing to join my tour I just paid the extra 20 bolivianos to make it up! She then traced me down when I was at my tour checking in to give me back the money as she had gotten the full amount on the $$. So nice of her to go out of her way to find me! There was an issue with hot water that day, but the pump broke which wasn't there fault! And it was fixed later on.

Great jumping off point for the Salt Flats. Cute little courtyard. Hot showers and use of showers and communial areas after salt flat tours for an extra B20 which is very handy! Right on a little square with lots of restaurants and shops.

Nice hostel! Only stayed one night. The private room was great, good bathroom.

Good option for a stay in Uyuni before a salt flats tour. Good location close to all the agencies and restaurants, and a walk from the bus stop. Room was warm and bed comfortable, plenty of hot water. Breakfast was ok and wifi was good in common areas.

The hostel is ok, but we didn't really feel welcomed by the staff. The dorms where ok, but 2 plugs is not enough at an 8 persons dorm. The location is good. I do think the price is way to high, but maybe that's just the price range in uyuni...

We stayed here after the Salt Flats Tour and it was clean with big comfortable beds and good bathroom facilities. Limited atmosphere, but Uyuniy isn't a big atmospheric town in any case. Would definitely recommend.

Leaving at 12:00, I had to cancel a booked nightnight. Despite I had stayed 4 nights, the staff wanted me to pay for the following nightnight, wanting to take me to then police station if I didn't pay. I had to make the bed to avoid paying. And twice because they didn't like the way I had done it! Never been so much humiliated... Sure I will never go back nor recommend this hostel!

YOU CAN NOT CHECK IN EARLY!! lies advertised! we were made to wait in the cold for 6 hours before check in! f you want to stay and wait for your bus after you check out forget about it. Staff are rude

I didn't actually stay the night that I booked as I decided to travel on right away after finding out when my bus would leave. But I did use the hostel's facilities and stayed for most of the afternoon. It's quite spacious (safe for the kitchen) and certainly clean. Staff was helpful. Location is very central, so this is pretty much as good as it gets.

Great hostel for a stopover before or after the salt flats tour. Good location although slightly difficult to find, better breakfast than most (tea/coffee/hot choc/ bread/ jam/ cereal/ yoghurt). Very comfortable beds and good hot showers. The staff were very helpful and friendly. One member of our group was unable to stay the night due to illness and they were very helpful and kind in managing to re-sell the bed last minute, so that she did not have to pay.

The showers were nice and hot. The internet was quite fast and worked just fine. The staff was very friendly and helped us with all our questions about the Salar de Uyuni tours. Lockers are available. Next to the hostels are ATM´s and a lot of restaurants. The common room was nice and you could watch DVD´s if you want. The only negative thing was the breakfast: The toast was as dry and hard as the Uyuni desert....the cereals instead were soft and slushy. But the rest was just fine =)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4