Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Arce N� 27, Uyuni, Bolivia

- great location / enough hot water - but there was bed bug, and the water maybe salty; i got my head little wheal after shower - breakfast is okay - staffs are kind and rules are strict - wifi only in common area - bedroom is large

Unfriendly Staff! Never again!

• 8th Jan 2015

Great location - right near a bunch of restaurants and most of the better Uyuni Tour groups. Very friendly staff - Darby was helpful and always available. Secure - we left our valuables in the lockers for three days while we were away on a tour and did not have any issue. Water - HOT showers and excellent water pressure! What more can you ask for.

This charming old mansion has stained glass windows looking down into a barren courtyard which the house wraps around. There are small sitting areas sprinkled throughout with a large common room full of big comfy couches. The kitchen is spotless, but with such cheap street food, why cook? The downside is the tall bunk beds which lack ladders of any kind and the heavy creaking from the old floorboards. The staff are also a little hostile (haha, get it? Hostile?).

• 30th Dec 2014

I stayed here 4nights. Here is only 2-3blocks from bus terminal, and you can go everywhere in the town in 10minutes, like travel agency, market, train station..and so on, The staff worked hard, so the hostel is very clean and comfortable. There were super nice beds, comfortable common space, and really helpful staff! It warth to stay here.

staff was verry unfriendly, and they charge you for everything

• 24th Dec 2014

The location is nice - but so are most other hotels/hostels in this small town. The shower was terrible with only a tiny stream of cold water. Extremely rude staff who came out of the hostel to ask me not to use their wifi after I checked out (yes I was OUTSIDE) and threatened to charge if I continue. *I must emphasise also that this is NOT THE ONLY HOSTEL available, there are over 30 hotels/hostels in town, many with cheaper prices than here too, you can easily find one when you get there

Wonderful hostel in Santa Cruz, with great facilities - common kitchen, TV room, clean bathrooms and good beds.

• 19th Dec 2014

Really good if you're stopping off before or after the salt flats tour. Clean, big rooms, lots of blankets. Best showers we've had in Bolivia. Only downside is wifi is quite poor in the room but fine in the courtyard

Decent hostel, comfy beds!

70 bs. for a 6 bed dorm with no window, dirty blankets, squeaking floor boards, no hot shower between 22.30 pm and 7.30 AM. you better walk further up 50 meters where all tour agencies are, to find privates with shared bathroom for 40 bs. per person or double twin for 120 bs. stuff is helpful - the rest is not worth the money they charge. just use trip advisor to find better and cheaper accommodation in uyuni.

Not fussed on the whole communal toilets and showers thing. Reminds me of school. Other than that, very nice hostel.

Good solution in Uyuni, in the very center of the town. Very very very good breakfast, prepared by a kind woman in a kitchen which was, nevertheless, poorly equipped for personal use. The staff was a bit suspicious with the guests and the internet problematic; but that's normal in Bolivia. In conclusion, i can recommend the place.

Nice staff. Not enough showers... Think queues. Basic bit clean. Breakfast... Most of the food had been eaten when we got there at 9am so we are out.

Cool little spot right on the Main Street near all the shops, decent toilets and hot showers and really really comfy beds. Realitivly quick wifi especially for Bolivia and a nice outdoor area where you can sit and chill while enjoying the sun. All in all this is probably the best bet for Uyuni I went to several others before this and they were all terrible, it costs a little extra ttttthan wwhat youu'd normally pay for Bolivia but very much worth it

Good hot showers, shitty WiFi, nice breakfast spread. I'd return.

Good location and well English speaking girl at the reception - this is all you need in place like Uyuni ;)

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Poland

The lady was lovely, I paid her extra in $$ because it was torn and she said it wasn't worth the full amount, and as I was rushing to join my tour I just paid the extra 20 bolivianos to make it up! She then traced me down when I was at my tour checking in to give me back the money as she had gotten the full amount on the $$. So nice of her to go out of her way to find me! There was an issue with hot water that day, but the pump broke which wasn't there fault! And it was fixed later on.

Great jumping off point for the Salt Flats. Cute little courtyard. Hot showers and use of showers and communial areas after salt flat tours for an extra B20 which is very handy! Right on a little square with lots of restaurants and shops.

Nice hostel! Only stayed one night. The private room was great, good bathroom.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4