Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Arce N� 27, Uyuni, Bolivia

I booked a room for myself after staying in dorms for a while in order to get a good nights sleep. However the hostel was full of really loud people, and loud music. I didn't really realise that this was more of a party hostel as if I had had realised, I I wouldn't have stayed here. However on a positive note, the staff were friendly, the wifi worked well and the shower was nice and hot.

Good hostel. Close to everything. Helpful staff. Warm room. Hit water.

Hot showers, decent wifi, okay breakfast, and heating inside the bedrooms. A little pricey, but really good for Bolivian standards. You get what you pay for.

Really big, cold rooms. They have heaters that kick in at night, but they are set so low that I don't know how much they actually helped. They do give you a ton of blankets and the shower was nice and hot. Breakfast was included but nothing special. Seemed a little expensive for what we got, but I guess most places are overpriced in Uyuni. The restaurant downstairs was surprisingly good.

Good hostel to stay in when you're in Uyuni waiting for your tour to start. Hot water is available during the daytime hours. The rooms are clean and a heater is turned on at night. Breakfast is included but the regular hostel fare. Good value for the money. I would stay here again.

The hostel had limited heating and only in the bedrooms. There was only two operating showers for the 30 plus people staying there, the hot water was only working as a trickle on one of the showers, so really there was only one shower. The bunk beds had no ladders making it very dangerous to get up to the second level. The wifi was spotty to say the least and only worked in one part of the hostel.

Convenient location, the place is quite cold, and the staff member who greeted me was not welcoming or friendly - only told me things I should not do while there.

We stayed for one night after the salt flats, great location, good atmoshpere and very helpful staff.

Basic hostal which had warm rooms and hot showers. The kitchen was small, but at least there was one. The internet works ok.

Great location, WiFi ok for sending emails but not great, nice cosy room but very hard to get into top bunks, one ladder for the room! Very nice hot showers.

I was due to arrive at 7am and so booked the night before to guarantee myself a bed as soon as I arrived, rather than having to wait for the check in time of 11/12. Upon arrival I was greeted very rudely by the lady who told me that they had cancelled my booking as I had not turned up the day before (even though I did specify I was arriving at 7am). I understand there had been some confusion but she was extremely rude and unhelpful in the way she dealt with the situation.

• 16th May 2015

Hostel in the center of Uyuni, 100m from the train station and next to many restaurants and tour agencies (ask at reception for recommendations). All the rooms are heated at night, and there are plenty of blankets so you won't feel cold. Hot showers until 22:30 and basic breakfast in the morning. Has wifi, which occasionally shuts down in the evening due to overload in the power grid.

We Stayed only one night. Hostel is warm and comfortable with a good breakfast and hot showers. Staff is very helpfull. Value for money and we would stay again.

Good hostel for a night in Uyuni, clean warm and comfy beds. WiFi being a bit patchy and limited hot water were probably the only down sides.

Very quiet. Clean. Good hot shower. It would be more comfortable if there were a lockable door for changing space for shower to keep one's privacy. Breakfast from 8 am but it was always late during my stay. First time I had to wait for breakfast. Also wifi use in sitting area would have been very welcomed.

This was a cheap and easy place to spend the night before our salt flats tour. Great hot water, but the shower door wouldnt close!

• 7th May 2015

Good location. Perfect for stop over either before or after Salt Flats tour.

I only stayed here for a few hours while waiting for an overnight train. The owners were really helpful. I was more than satisfied with the place.

fantastic location, amongst plenty of good (but expensive) restaurants and tour companies. breakfast and bedrooms were great, beds were cosy and the bathrooms were kept clean. wifi was a lil sketchy - much like the rest of Bolivia. luggage storage and using the hostel after checking out came at a cost but it wasn't too unreasonable. overall a very comfortable stay :)

We only stayed here for one night after our 3 day trip to the Salt Flats and the hostel was really just somewhere to recharge our batteries before catching the bus to Sucre the following morning. It was clean and the staff were very friendly. As we were here just for one night, it's difficult to comment on the facilities / atmosphere. However, for a stop over, it's great and ticks the box.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4