7.5
Very Good 1,634 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 1,634 Total Reviews
Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Located at Av. Arce N 27, , Uyuni.
Bolivia

• andrearodriguez00012433
  • USA, Female, 18-24
5th Jul 2016
6.0

The location is on the main drag but the staff here was unwelcoming. We were criticized for not showing up at the time we indicated so make sure to plan accordingly or contact the hostel if you'll arrive late. The rooms had little heaters which didn't do much but take the cold nip out of the air. There is only hot water until 10:30pm. Breakfast included coffee, bread and yogurt. A reservation is not needed in Uyuni because you can find a hostel in town for cheap when you arrive.

4th Jul 2016
2.6

No blankets!! And no heating (even thought hey say online they heat the rooms at night) when I arrived late at night front desk man wasn't even there. So there's a huge lack of security! When he finally came so rude! I think he purposefully sent me to the salt flat company that was the most expensive. Plus when ever I saw him he rolled his eyes at me. Who does that! Showers were either cold or not open! Had rats in my room. Thank god I only had to stay there one night before i went on a tour

27th Jun 2016
5.1

We turned up at 8am from the night bus hoping to check in early. We weren't able to do that which is fair enough, but then the woman at reception told us we couldn't even come in to the hostel common area until after 10am. So she sent us out in the cold (minus degrees) to wait until then. Disgraceful. On top of that, there was a rat in the room! I thought I was hearing things until I got my flashlight out. Zero wifi. Location is good, not far to walk from bus station and is pretty central.

• Denmark, Mixed Group, 18-24
26th Jun 2016
7.1

In general a good hostel if you're going on a tour the day after. However WIFI doesn't work, so it's hard to do some research from the hostel. Lovely HOT shower which is well appreciated because of the cold weather. The staff is helpful if you ask for it.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
26th Jun 2016
6.3

Hostel was decent enough for uyuni, not really much choice. Small heater which actually warmed the room up pretty quickly and basic breakfast. However, we had mice running around the room during the night (in my friends things) and when we told the lady at reception she offered no discount just said 'thanks for telling us' this was really disappointing and we were surprised they offered nothing as an apology! Would not stay again.

25th Jun 2016
6.6

Good hostel for being in the desert. Breakfast is alright, they got wifi but it's usually really slow. The water seem to run out of the hot showers a lot. So I never got to find out if they were actually hot. Located next to restaurants and shops it's a good stop for a night.

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
20th Jun 2016
8.0

Hostel has all the facilities you need and bedrooms are fine, however if you want to store your stuff for Uyuni / wait for your bus and therefore stay a bit longer in the hostel, you ll be automatically charged extra...

• England, Female, 31-40
19th Jun 2016
2.0

Rubbish! Showed up at the hostel to find my bed had been given to someone else! Something about a 4 hour policy from the time I indicated i would arrive... Deposit lost. Had to walk around town, at night, freezing cold, with backpack to find somewhere else.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
16th Jun 2016
2.0

My car broke down on the salt flats and this hostel was completely unreasonable and continued to charge me for a full nights accommodation. I was expected to notify the hostel from the middle of the salt flats which is impossible. When I requested for my case to be reconsidered I received the following email. This email is just to inform you. You already give the permission when you made the booking, because "the no show fee" is something you agree at the time you accept the terms of the Hostel

15th Jun 2016

The staff are very helpful, flexible and patient. The rooms are heated during the night and the beds are really comfy. The location couldn't be more central in Uyuni. You can rent a towel for 5bob which is useful if you are only stopping for 1 night before / after your tour.