Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Arce N� 27, Uyuni, Bolivia

Extremely pricy for dorm bed and worst breakfast we had in South America. But I guess it's the same everywhere in Uyuni...

Bad wifi, but otherwise a OK hostel. Not the best I've stayed in.

Great stop over place for before or after salt flats tour!

Hot water, wifi only worked near reception, room was a bit tired but clean, staff spoke good English and were helpful. Breakfast - coffee, tea, cereal, yoghurt, bread, butter and jam. Uyuni has reputation of not being cheap or that good for accomodation but this hostel was alright if you bear that in mind.

Nice hostel with friendly staff and good common areas, but with unreliable cold (!) water supply, showers were sometimes burning hot and toilet flushing did at times not work.

The only good think about this 'hostel' id the hot shower. The kitchen is not sufficient and the comunal area is dirty, cold and unfriendly.

I like this hostel. (+) Charming place, lovely common areas and has very good and comfortable private rooms. (-) Twice more expensive than one of the decent hotels nearby. Charge 15-20 bolivianos if you want to continue using the facility after checkout (not a lot of money and I can understand why the hostel would / should charge that. Still, it wasn't expected from my experience staying at hostels)

Rooms were large but very basic and shower a bit grubby. Everywhere in Uyuni is overpriced and this is no exception. However, it was warm and comfortable enough and fine as a stopover point. Location just off the central square.

Options to rest for who is doing the Salt Desert tour.

Very basic accomodation, the place needs a face lift urgently. Staff very unfriendly. Location excellent as 5 min walk to tour operators

This hostel is in a good location and has great hot showers but they are the only positives. Staff are extremely rude and made us pay for an extra night when we arrived at 5am, telling us if we didn't pay we could freeze outside in the cold even though we had a reservation for that day. Toilets are dirty and often don't work. Breakfast is very stale bread or cereal. Wifi is non functional. There must be better places in Uyuni!

Basic hostel, average staff, ok breakfast, building could do with a renovation as it is pretty old. Ok for one night before you head to the salt flat tours. Electricity points in my room were not working or dangerous. Staying here was definitely not a highlight.

Super easy walk from the train station. Located on the plaza. Very close to salt flat tour agencies (that's why you're there anyway). I just recommend walking a little bit to find more authentic Bolivian food at better prices because the restaurants at the plaza, as to be expected, are full of tourists, over priced and maybe not the most authentic Bolivian experience.

The wifi was terrible!

A little overpriced in my opinion and the breakfast was one of the worst I've had!! Super stale bread, and yes I know most places just provide bread but this was bad quality! A little too hot at night and no ladder to get up to my top bunk which was interesting... I think for the money you'd be better spending it elsewhere, even if it doesn't include breakfast, as you can pick up something cheaper and better value in the restaurants around the town. Was alright for a basic one night I guess

Staff seemed passive aggressive, could have been more welcoming and friendly. Location and the people staying here were great. Good breakfast with a few options, but the bread was very poor, it would crumble in your hands because it was so white and processed. Everything was clean, but it was annoying that only some of the showers worked. Very happy that the showers were hot!! I would recommend this place to other travelers!

Nice hot and clean shower, especially after a 3-day Salar tour. Location is perfect, near train station and centrally located in Uyuni.

Internet connection was awful but other than that an okay hostel.

WIFI doesn't work. It was on but it wasn't possible to load a website. Breakfast was the worst of six weeks southamerica (driest bread ever)

Breakfast wasn't great. Bread was very cheap and fell apart and sugar puffs weren't fresh. We were told that we would have to pay to sit outside and use the wifi after we checked out while we waited for our bus which we thought was a bit ridiculous. Everything else was good.