Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Arce N� 27, Uyuni, Bolivia

Good option for a stay in Uyuni before a salt flats tour. Good location close to all the agencies and restaurants, and a walk from the bus stop. Room was warm and bed comfortable, plenty of hot water. Breakfast was ok and wifi was good in common areas.

The hostel is ok, but we didn't really feel welcomed by the staff. The dorms where ok, but 2 plugs is not enough at an 8 persons dorm. The location is good. I do think the price is way to high, but maybe that's just the price range in uyuni...

We stayed here after the Salt Flats Tour and it was clean with big comfortable beds and good bathroom facilities. Limited atmosphere, but Uyuniy isn't a big atmospheric town in any case. Would definitely recommend.

Leaving at 12:00, I had to cancel a booked nightnight. Despite I had stayed 4 nights, the staff wanted me to pay for the following nightnight, wanting to take me to then police station if I didn't pay. I had to make the bed to avoid paying. And twice because they didn't like the way I had done it! Never been so much humiliated... Sure I will never go back nor recommend this hostel!

YOU CAN NOT CHECK IN EARLY!! lies advertised! we were made to wait in the cold for 6 hours before check in! f you want to stay and wait for your bus after you check out forget about it. Staff are rude

I didn't actually stay the night that I booked as I decided to travel on right away after finding out when my bus would leave. But I did use the hostel's facilities and stayed for most of the afternoon. It's quite spacious (safe for the kitchen) and certainly clean. Staff was helpful. Location is very central, so this is pretty much as good as it gets.

Great hostel for a stopover before or after the salt flats tour. Good location although slightly difficult to find, better breakfast than most (tea/coffee/hot choc/ bread/ jam/ cereal/ yoghurt). Very comfortable beds and good hot showers. The staff were very helpful and friendly. One member of our group was unable to stay the night due to illness and they were very helpful and kind in managing to re-sell the bed last minute, so that she did not have to pay.

The showers were nice and hot. The internet was quite fast and worked just fine. The staff was very friendly and helped us with all our questions about the Salar de Uyuni tours. Lockers are available. Next to the hostels are ATM´s and a lot of restaurants. The common room was nice and you could watch DVD´s if you want. The only negative thing was the breakfast: The toast was as dry and hard as the Uyuni desert....the cereals instead were soft and slushy. But the rest was just fine =)

Extremely pricy for dorm bed and worst breakfast we had in South America. But I guess it's the same everywhere in Uyuni...

Bad wifi, but otherwise a OK hostel. Not the best I've stayed in.

Great stop over place for before or after salt flats tour!

Hot water, wifi only worked near reception, room was a bit tired but clean, staff spoke good English and were helpful. Breakfast - coffee, tea, cereal, yoghurt, bread, butter and jam. Uyuni has reputation of not being cheap or that good for accomodation but this hostel was alright if you bear that in mind.

Nice hostel with friendly staff and good common areas, but with unreliable cold (!) water supply, showers were sometimes burning hot and toilet flushing did at times not work.

The only good think about this 'hostel' id the hot shower. The kitchen is not sufficient and the comunal area is dirty, cold and unfriendly.

I like this hostel. (+) Charming place, lovely common areas and has very good and comfortable private rooms. (-) Twice more expensive than one of the decent hotels nearby. Charge 15-20 bolivianos if you want to continue using the facility after checkout (not a lot of money and I can understand why the hostel would / should charge that. Still, it wasn't expected from my experience staying at hostels)

Rooms were large but very basic and shower a bit grubby. Everywhere in Uyuni is overpriced and this is no exception. However, it was warm and comfortable enough and fine as a stopover point. Location just off the central square.

Options to rest for who is doing the Salt Desert tour.

Very basic accomodation, the place needs a face lift urgently. Staff very unfriendly. Location excellent as 5 min walk to tour operators

An old house which needs a bit of love. Don't expect much for the price you pay in Uyuni. Very over priced town. The showers are good and it's located in a good place. They have a TV room and breakfast is very basic.

This hostel is in a good location and has great hot showers but they are the only positives. Staff are extremely rude and made us pay for an extra night when we arrived at 5am, telling us if we didn't pay we could freeze outside in the cold even though we had a reservation for that day. Toilets are dirty and often don't work. Breakfast is very stale bread or cereal. Wifi is non functional. There must be better places in Uyuni!