Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Arce N� 27, Uyuni, Bolivia

This place is horrible. The staff is the worst I've experienced in my travels. I would never recommend that anyone stay here.

Had a great stay at Piedra Blanca! Beds were comfy and the facilities were great. Thanks!

Ok place to stay overnight, rooms are very basic and breakfast too

Friendly hostel, security wasn't great but we didn't have any problems. Expensive for what it is but the best we saw for Uyuni. Friendliest resident cat I've ever met!

ok for a short stay prior to a salt flats tour. WiFi only good in the lobby. Staff not friendly at all. Good location

well equipped hostel in the center of Uyuni, nice rooms and nice common areas, good breakfast included! and wonderful beds!

Decent hostel run by a nice couple Hot water and basic breakfast. Lockers and confortable beds. WiFi isn't reliable though and you may have to stay outside in the cold to use Internet. Anyway few people stay longer than one night so this hostel has what you need.

Nice little hostel for a quick stay in Uyuni... and when I got food poisoning the owners were very accommodating and happy to let me stay on, no dramas. Everything very smooth and easy to deal with.

If your doing the salt flats this is the place to stay. Great/awesome: *location *hot showers *safe *staff *food *washing *bag storage We did not need a place to stay after our salt flats trip due to traveling that night, but the help full staff let us use there showers and wifi for free before getting on a 10hr bus ride. You would be a fool not to stay here. You guys rock. Wish all hostels could be like you.

Stayed there in a eight person dorm. The showers run only during daytime hours, and are nice and hot. They also have heating from 8pm until 8 am, which was nice since it was warm the whole night. They also offer to keep your bag during your trip of the salt flats for 3bolivanos a day, and if you are waiting for a night bus when you come back from your tour they charge 15bolivanos for using the lounge/kitchen/ bathroom/ wifi ( a shower is an extra 15 or 20bolivianos).

Overall good hostel. The price is average for Uyuni. The location is excellent, but since Uyuni is so small everything is close regardless of where you are. The staff is excellent. We stayed in a room with a double bed and private washroom. The room was nice and large - only complaint was that there were absolutely no hooks or hangars in the room or bathroom.

nice place, warm room with wonderful heater, cozy

One of the staff members were very unfriendly and the hostel was extremely stingy compared to any other place I've stayed. It took about 5 minutes of convincing to be allowed to use the Internet for 2 minutes after my stay, I've never experienced this un-friendliness in any other hostel I've stayed at in South America (and it's been a lot). That being said, the breakfast was decent and the showers were hot.

Nice hostel, hot showers, comfy beds. Really good heating - too hot sometimes in fact haha. Staff were super friendly and helpful with loads of information. Bit more expensive than a normal hostel but it is to be expected when you stay in uyuni. Would recommend to anyone staying for a night.

• 26th Sep 2015

Receptionists were kind and helpful. Great option to use the common facilities for additional 20Bolivianos if you are taking a bus or flight after checkout time.

We only stayed for one night. We left our bags in the reception area when we arrived (too early for check-in), but since sometimes there is noone at the reception and there is no closed door, anyone from the street could potentially have stolen our bags. Something to improve security-wise. We had to leave very early and the old hardwood floors creak so bad that we probably woke up everyone. The dorm was ok, the showers and bathroom were very good.

Just perfect for what we needed for a one night stand, clean and friendly service. Also can I recommend some of the best pizza in Boliviais juts in the hallway as you enter the complex #fact

Ticks all the boxes for a simple and cheap overnight stay - special mention goes to the showers which were properly hot and powerful, a bit of a rarity in Bolivia!

Perfect for a before and after salt flats tour hostel.

Comfortable beds and hot water. Wifi ok but common room cold and no computer for guests to use. One female staff member seriously needs training in customer service. I checked the showers hot water tap to see if it was working for seriously less than 4 seconds and she runs in telling me "What [I was] doing was criminal" and "we live in the desert" as if I didn't notice. Other staff members were very friendly and helpful though. Basic breakfast: sugar puffs, toast & tea / coffee. Recommended.