Piedra Blanca Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Av. Arce N� 27, Uyuni, Bolivia

This was my worst hostel experience! They are about money not peoples comfort. The heaters don't go on till later 8ish and only in the bedroom so everyone is sitting freezing in the main room therefore you have to go to bed to stay warm. The wifi was a joke, lucky if the connection lasted a minute before dropping off. Finally the staff were not accommodating, I arrived early in the morning and asked if I could wait for 2 hrs for checkin and they said no and charged another night. NEVER AGAIN!!!

• 7th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

The beds were nice although the bedrooms were small, so everything was kind of packed. Small bathrooms but very nice showers. There were very nice people on the hostel.

Great hostel. Friendly, helpful staff. Awesome hot showers and good basic breakfast. Very close to Red Planet office if that's helpful.

I booked a room for myself after staying in dorms for a while in order to get a good nights sleep. However the hostel was full of really loud people, and loud music. I didn't really realise that this was more of a party hostel as if I had had realised, I I wouldn't have stayed here. However on a positive note, the staff were friendly, the wifi worked well and the shower was nice and hot.

Good for a short stay before your trip to salt flats, hot showers big beds but cold at night.

Good hostel. Close to everything. Helpful staff. Warm room. Hit water.

Hot showers, decent wifi, okay breakfast, and heating inside the bedrooms. A little pricey, but really good for Bolivian standards. You get what you pay for.

Really big, cold rooms. They have heaters that kick in at night, but they are set so low that I don't know how much they actually helped. They do give you a ton of blankets and the shower was nice and hot. Breakfast was included but nothing special. Seemed a little expensive for what we got, but I guess most places are overpriced in Uyuni. The restaurant downstairs was surprisingly good.

Good hostel to stay in when you're in Uyuni waiting for your tour to start. Hot water is available during the daytime hours. The rooms are clean and a heater is turned on at night. Breakfast is included but the regular hostel fare. Good value for the money. I would stay here again.

The hostel had limited heating and only in the bedrooms. There was only two operating showers for the 30 plus people staying there, the hot water was only working as a trickle on one of the showers, so really there was only one shower. The bunk beds had no ladders making it very dangerous to get up to the second level. The wifi was spotty to say the least and only worked in one part of the hostel.

Convenient location, the place is quite cold, and the staff member who greeted me was not welcoming or friendly - only told me things I should not do while there.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »