Pil Pil Hostel Reviews

Av. Sabino Arana 14, Bilbao, Spain

The hostel is in a good location for the bus station and is about 20 minutes walk from the old town. The hostel staff were very nice and helpful, but there wasn't a great atmosphere in the communal areas. The courtyard space was big and looked nice but I didn't see anyone using it. Handy fridge with a selection of drinks and an average breakfast included in the price. All in all an ok hostel!

My stay at the hostel was very pleasant. Since I was searching for accommodation to stay in the city and wanted to explore Bilbao as a tourist too, the staff was very helpful in every facette regarding sightseeing, where to buy a sim card for my phone etc. The hostel was very clean throughout my stay and the location couldn't've been better as it's just a few mins walk from everything. The breakfast was good especially for being included in the prize. The area also felt safe at night time.

Convenient location, near bus terminal and just in front of tram stop so easy to go anywhere in the city. Walking distance to Guggenheim Museum and Old Town as well. Kitchen is good place to meet other travelers and I loved the atmosphere. Patio is nice, too! Staff are all friendly and well speak English. I liked the hostel rule that after midnight kitchen is closed and we all have to be silent! So we´re not be disturbed by party kind of people and good sleep is promised for you!!

I had a lovely stay at Pil Pil Hostel in Bilbao, the staff is very nice and helpful and provides maps of the city showing the best places to visit. The hostel is located in a quiet place just a few minutes walking from the city centre. It's very clean, and breakfast is rich and good. I would definitely go back for my next trip!!

awesome hostel, everything was extremely clean, the location is great and really helpful staff( they provide me a lot of infiormation about the city, even better than the touristic office) The breakfast included in the price and is huge, you can eat as much as you want I was in a 12 beds dorm and is big enought. You have your own locker with key ( you dont need you bring you padlock) Totally recommended

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Bolivia

Nice hostel, only downside was the common area which was in the middle of the rooms and therefore did not allow much noise

Neat, nice, kind people, and cheap. Location is good.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

The hostel wasn't great. Very disappointed by the bathrooms. The shower heads weren't good and the toilets were constantly clogged. The beds were comfortable but the lockers were extremely cheap and hard to use. The breakfast was awful, too. Warm milk for cereal and very limited choices in general. The location and price were about the only things that made up for the bad atmosphere and hostel.

• 17th Jul 2015

I really enjoyed the hostel! I would definitely stay there again if I'm ever in Bilbao!

The hostel was situated close by the bus station as well as the Guggenheim and quite a few bars/restaurants which was very convenient. It was my first time staying at a hostel and I enjoyed it, the breakfast was decent ( they had cereal!), the staff was nice, and the bathrooms were clean.

• 17th Jul 2015

Basic hostel, staff are helpful. Close to long street with bars and restaurants, fast walk to river, very close to bus station. Beds are good, the curfews on the common room and backyard are annoying.

My stay for 4 days was very confortable. The staff very friendly.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Spain

We had a great room, the staff were great , place was clean but there wasn't much atmosphere the days I was there and the wifi broke so I couldn't book my flights. No one spoke at breakfast it was akward so I just took my toast to my room. Breakfast was basic.. Cereal bread butter juice and packaged cakes. Maybe they should put on a radio at breakfast or something..? Overall not a bad place to stay.

Need to fix that laptop so people can use the internet properly! :D

• 21st Jun 2015

Perfect location! Helpful staff!! Fair enough breakfast! Good stuff to have a individual free locker!!

It's ok but quite boring

Great spot right near the stadium and close to many good bars and restaurants. It's about a 30 minute walk to old town and the museums. I would stay here again.

One of the great place i've ever as a hostel. Especially location is perfact.

Felt quite clean for a hostel that hosts many pilgrims. It's a shame the patio closes at 20:00 though, would have loved to be able to sit out there quietly and read my book as the sun doesn't set until 22:00. Also great deal on bike rentals. Decent location but definitely overpriced for what you get. I'd stay somewhere else next time.

Near the bus terminal, very easy to find.