Pil Pil Hostel Reviews

Av. Sabino Arana 14, Bilbao, Spain

The Hostel was easy to find. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again, when I return to Bilbao, which I am sure I will.

Very friendly and helpful staff who had good English. Good lockers in the room. Free coffee throughout day is good but shame there wasn't milk available. Relatively close to Guggenheim and bus station. Breakfast was very good too and common room comfortable.

Pil Pil is nice and clean hostel, I was in privat room for a two person and I was surprise. Room was big, clean and higher standart which I expected. It was really good experience. I like it this hostel. Staff were friendly and nice.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Slovakia

Was great being so close (walking distance) to the bus station and since the city isn't very big anyways, it was within walking distance to see anything or go anywhere I needed.

-Although we got a private room, we got the impression that our neighbours were inside of our room, as you could hear EVERYTHING and not because they were loud. -The staff refused to give us the remote control for heating machine although it was cold and our clothes were wet, because it was not "the period for heating". -2of 3 staff members, were very helpfull but not the other one. -private rooms are not secure as reception is in different building and door can stay open -no good mattress

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Spain

We stayed in a private room. The private rooms are separate to the hostel and have their own common area & kitchen but the hostel kitchen is better equipped (microwave, rice cooker & hot plate). The staff were very friendly & helpful. There is metro and tram literally outside the door, it's a 15min walk to the old town. The only downfalls were the rooms weren't very soundproof and the showers were hand held not wall mounted.

If you just want a bed, breakfast and wifi, this place is for you. This place is conveniently located close to the main bus station. It's run with the utmost rigour and detail. It felt like I was at school camp, at a boarding school, run for adults. Everything was clean and I was too scared to do anything wrong in case I got detention.

clean and quiet hostel. Good value, but the bunk beds are squeaky...with no rail.

Very nice and clean hostel. The staff is great and location good if you need to go further with bus or take the early bus to the airport (within 5 min walking distance). Only thing that the doors are generally not locked, but you have your locker, so not that big of a problem. Would definitely recommend!

Ok hostel. Only 2 other persons in big dorm room but 1 was snoring like a rocket launch and smelling super bad. But I guess you cannot blame the hostel for that.

Nice place, would recommend. Great location for the Guggenheim and city. Close to the bus stop too so easy to walk there if you're traveling to San Sebastián before or after like we did. Interiors are decorated nicely and well kept however not a huge common area buzzing with guests. If you're traveling in a small group it's perfect however maybe harder to meet people if traveling alone. Would recommend.

Great hostel. Really well located. 3 minutes from bus station and metro station is right opposite the main door The hostel staff was really helpful and nice They have breakfast for free and free coffe during day wich is a very nice thing. They are available 24 hours if you need anything reception desk is all night long open

Individual lights in the rooms would be good. Even the floor lights you have are very bright and I got woken up by them several times.

The staff weren't all that friendly. The bunk beds were very shaky and felt like they were going to collapse. Not much room to put luggage in the rooms. Wifi worked well and showers/toilets were clean. Not much of a social atmosphere going on.

The hostel is in a good location for the bus station and is about 20 minutes walk from the old town. The hostel staff were very nice and helpful, but there wasn't a great atmosphere in the communal areas. The courtyard space was big and looked nice but I didn't see anyone using it. Handy fridge with a selection of drinks and an average breakfast included in the price. All in all an ok hostel!

The hostel was fine: clean rooms, clean toilettes and showers, breakfast included, etc. As of the location, it was good. We could reach the center and main atractions easily by tram or metro or even just by foot if you feel sportive. Our main con with the hostel was the 'luggage storage' (which is in the list of facilities on the website), there was actually none. We arrived before the check-in time and the only option for our luggage was to leave it in the hallway.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Spain

My stay at the hostel was very pleasant. Since I was searching for accommodation to stay in the city and wanted to explore Bilbao as a tourist too, the staff was very helpful in every facette regarding sightseeing, where to buy a sim card for my phone etc. The hostel was very clean throughout my stay and the location couldn't've been better as it's just a few mins walk from everything. The breakfast was good especially for being included in the prize. The area also felt safe at night time.

Shame that the outside area has to close at 8pm. Only tables that seat two inside make it hard to meet other travelers. Close to the museum but a bit far from the old town. A bigger fridge would be a good idea. Breakfast was great.