Pineapple Guesthouse Reviews

291/4 Patak Road, Karon, Phuket, Thailand

Stayed for 4 nights. They upgraded us from dorms to private en suite with 2 beds for free. It was more like a small hotel than a hostel. Not a social place (may be if dorms are full). Lots of beach stuff to borrow for free. Nice owners. Location is fairly quiet as far as Phuket goes. Decent pad thai stall just round the corner that was cheap. Came to Phuket to kill time before meeting someone; wouldn't recommend coming here, bit of a dive.

Their private rooms were great. Excellent location that is walking distance to everything, excellent value, comfy, simple yet adequate room with aircon, very helpful and friendly staff, wi-fi worked reliably. I found out they even have dual internet providers for redundancy in case an ISP goes offline. Water pressure was much better than hostels in Patong. Also booked a taxi to airport via them, so much easier and cheaper. I have no hesitations in recommending Pineapple Guesthouse.

What a great stay I had! Steve and his crew were always going out of their way to assist with all kinds of things..from booking tours to phone chargers. I would thoroughly recommend this place and plan to go back sometime soon. Close to everything. Pick up service from the airport. Just a 2 min walk to Katon beach ...just perfect

• 23rd Feb 2015

The owners were lovely people who took the type to make us feel at home during our stay. The location is just 5 mins walk from the beach and the rooms we stayed were all secure so could leave our bags and not have the hanging guilt. If in Karon and do not need a swimming pool then stay here

For a budget hostel/dorm it's fine. The front desk ladies are great, very helpful and kind. Steve was very helpful in finding our way through the city and giving us advice on restaurants. The dorm itself is passible. While we were there the AC didn't work, but the fans were quite fine. The lighting in the dorm is horrible though. One small light near the door and a small reading light by the door is not enough. There isn't even a light near the sink/mirror. Still, I would stay here again.

This was ok and cheap hostel for a few nights stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. Building wasn't the newest one but the room was clean and quite nice.

Booked for 2 nights, stayed for 6, and so happy to have found "The Pineapple". I've been away in Nai Yang for a week, and going back to "The Pineapple" for another week. Lovely owners, wonderful staff, and a great communal meeting spot in the café downstairs. Highly recommended.

The hostel is five minutes from the beach and in a good location to also access the bars, restaurant and bus to Phuket Town. Staff were really friendly and helpful and even arranged for a taxi to the airport for me in the middle of the night. My only slight criticism is that the dorm room gets smelly at night. Not sure if there's still drain problem, but suggest that you keep the window open and the fans going!

Highly recommend staying here...we stayed for six days and loved it....the owners are very helpful and Steve is always willing to give advice. Short walk to the beach...restaurants near by.

Decent place, great for price. Near the beach...I don't understand why anyone would stay in Phuket town over Patong/Karon/Kata

Close to the beach. Nice helpful staff. Clean and comfortable.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Nice hostel and close to the beach located. The stuff is friendly and the atmosphere is excellent. They could give me a hand with all questions I had. The breakfast and food can be recommended.