Pineapple Guesthouse Reviews

291/4 Patak Road, Karon, Phuket, Thailand

The hostel is five minutes from the beach and in a good location to also access the bars, restaurant and bus to Phuket Town. Staff were really friendly and helpful and even arranged for a taxi to the airport for me in the middle of the night. My only slight criticism is that the dorm room gets smelly at night. Not sure if there's still drain problem, but suggest that you keep the window open and the fans going!

Highly recommend staying here...we stayed for six days and loved it....the owners are very helpful and Steve is always willing to give advice. Short walk to the beach...restaurants near by.

Decent place, great for price. Near the beach...I don't understand why anyone would stay in Phuket town over Patong/Karon/Kata

Close to the beach. Nice helpful staff. Clean and comfortable.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Nice hostel and close to the beach located. The stuff is friendly and the atmosphere is excellent. They could give me a hand with all questions I had. The breakfast and food can be recommended.

Read a review from a few months ago saying there was a bad smell and the hostel reply was it will be fixed soon so i thought nothing of it. But as soon as you get to the dorm you notice even with the window open. When you close the window for mosquitos the smell is almost unbearable. Everything else was as expected from a budget hostel. Low season so i assume that, and the smell was why i had the dorm to myself so no atmosphere.

Sorry about that. We did have the dorm bathrooms fixed but unfortunately during the first major rains of the season the problem came back, and this coincided with this guests visit. This was a problem throughout the area at that time, by the way, not just us. We will be closing the dorm at the end of this week for a month to make improvements. Hopefully we'll have a better atmosphere again when the dorm reopens in October. Private rooms will still be available at this time.