Pineapple Guesthouse Reviews

291/4 Patak Road, Karon, Phuket, Thailand

Great place to stay. Steve and Lette were absolute gems helping my bf and I sorting our trip. Comfy beds, clean towels and toilet facilities. Great cheap food, and nice atmosphere. Would defo stay here again!

It was ok, as a solo backpacker i think my stay was tainted by the fact that Phuket wasnt my scene. Lots of older people in Karon, mostly western restaurants, a holiday resort and not much atmosphere at the guesthouse. The 12 bed dorm was mostly empty/quiet. Bed wasnt made when i got there, but they did it quickly. Owners can be a bit abrupt, sometimes friendly, others not. It was ok as a stopover but i wouldnt stay in Phuket for longer than a night if youre hitting the islands.

The dorm has been very busy but this guest arrived just after a large group checked out and it often takes a day or two to fill again. Karon and Phuket are not everyone's scene. Some love it, others don't.

Pineapple was a option stay from the craziness of Patong. Karon beach was also very touristy but much more laid back, which was appreciated. Even as a college student, Patong was too much for me! Steve was a great help to us. He gave us a great last minute deal when my friend wanted to come last minute and fantastic advice about how to navigate the islands by local ferries. If you're going to stay in Phuket and you're looking for a more chill location, I would recommend Karon and Pineapple.

• 11th Jan 2016

We had a fantastic stay at pineapple guesthouse :) the staff were fantastic - such lovely people and also so helpful. The food was great, beds comfortable and a good bathroom. Excellent value for money! Thank you :)

• 11th Jan 2016

Owners were really nice and super helpful. Great hostel close to a nice beach. About a 400 baht tuk tuk ride to patong's crazy night life. Rooms have ac during the night. Really enjoyed my stay here.

Good simple hostel. Guy who runs it is really nice. The private room was spacious with a fridge, good wifi and air conditioning. Location is so so, but depends what you are looking for. Near restaurants, massage places, a busy road with plenty of taxis.

Stayed there in a 10 bed dorm. Nothing special, just a place to stay for a reasonable price. It's located near the main road, 10 minutes walk from Karen beach.

Great location and best option for price so close to the beach, awesome staff so helpful and genuine, functioning aircon and fantastic wifi

• 16th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

It is not a party hostel, but clean and the owner is kind and helpful. The shower was stinky because of the pipe I guess, cause anyway it was cleaned often.

The staff were amazing, booked day trips and tickets for us and made us feel so welcome! Only 5 minutes from the beach (if that!) and it was the perfect chill out we wanted! Food was also perfect, and the room was one of the cleanest we've come across so far! Can't thank you guys enough, thanks!!!

The owners were so nice. Dorms were spacious, they have a computer you can use, they give you towels, and the beds are comfy. The bathrooms are clean and the showers are nice as well. They tried to help me with getting a ride to the airport early in the morning and made an effort to try to find someone else to split the fair. I had a really nice stay there and it's just a walk from the beach.

Perfect location, 5min walk to beach, right by ATM and 7/11. I took a songthaw from road outside the pier to bus station 1 and then local bus to Karon 35thb. Towel, locks provided, computer, mats for the beach free. Cheap scooter rental across the street at Ice Family if you want to scooty to Patong or the island. Staff helpful. Small issue either the aircon or bathroom smelled at night, also I prefer my things to not be moved around on my bed, ask if we want cleaned? Good for solo travellers!

Owner very helpful. Met some great people. Our first hostel in Thailand and it was very good

• 23rd Nov 2015

Great location close to beach and many restaurants, I stayed in the dorm which was fine. Comfortable beds. Steve and Lek were great- Lek is an absolute sweetheart and makes the place feel like home. Cafe had great food as well- perfect for breakfast!

Best hostel, recommending to everyone! Atmosphere was fantastic and the staff were incredible!

The staff are great here everything else is pretty average. Although you do get a good night sleep in a quieter part of Phuket.

Basic accommodation which is prefect for backpackers. Clean, great and very friendly staff

Pineapple guesthouse was awesome! Your literally a 5 minute wall from the beach. The woman who runs it and Steve are super friendly. They will help you with anything needed. There is a 7 11 right next to the hostel along with tons of street stall foods. Huge lockers jn the room and chilled vibes. I absolutely loved this place, plus it wasn't a huge party hostel.

Nice guesthouse, clean and tidy. The couple who ran it were very nice and helped arrange transport. 10 min walk to beach, also provided pickup from airport.

very kind people