Pineapple Park Kona Reviews

81-6363 Mamalahoa HWY, Kealakekua, HI 96750, Hawaii's Big Island, Kailua-Kona, USA

The hostel is very nice and very clean. The room was very nice too with a very nice bathroom. I would recommend this place for any traveller.

Nothing major was wrong but I didn't get a very welcoming feeling from the lady at the receptionist. She gave me wrong info on how far the airport was (20min, instead it was 40min). The room had also a strange smell. I wouldn't have booked here if it were not the only hostel at the Kona side of the island.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

ALOHA, sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay here with us. Due to the room type chosen (Mixed Dorm) I cannot control the *odors* that permeate through. Although we will be looking into some room plug-ins and air fresheners to station in the Dorms. As for the un welcomed feeling, we will re-train our staff for proper meet and greet etiquette. Thank you for the review.

The staff is really nice and helpful. They booked a trip for my in minutes and also offered me a lift to get there. I was able to ask everything and got always a good answer. The hostel has a relaxing atmosphere, is very clean and has a wonderful outside sitting area with bbq and heaps of space. I really enjoyed my stay at Pineapple Park!

Aloha, thank you for the review and visit.

I only stayed for one night so maybe my impression wasn't as good. But it was a pain to get to the hostel. After I arrived I was told there is a shuttle. A little too late. Showers and all bathroom facilities are outdoor so if you don't mind that it's okay. I stayed in a mixed dorm. The rest of the people seemed nice.

Aloha, There is only one way to get here; on the only expressway available (hwy 11). I am sorry to hear that you were somehow mis-directed. Also, on the website all info is available for set up of shuttle services.Thank you for the review and visit.

Horrible hostel! I recommend you not to go here! The lady on the reception is awful. The showers and kitchen close at 10pm and it is full of cockroaches.

This place is OK, not great, pretty average. Good for one day of stay. Staff is pretty bad so don't expect much on that side.

Aloha, Due to the transition of different *Wwoofers and *Helpers that have a work-trade here, we sometimes find ourselves training on meet and greet etiquettes. Thank you for the review and visit.

I thought it was a well run hostel that had easy rules to follow. I wasn't there during peak season but don't go there if your expecting a luxury resort. It's a hostel and it fits that description well. As for Annie I think she does a great job protecting her investment and maintains a clean atmosphere. People that say she is rude obviously have some kind of issue, a little common sense when dealing with her can make your stay more pleasant.

• 31st May 2014

Aloha, thank you for the review and visit.

A fair distance from town but a quiet location. Private room was excellent. Kitchen facility good. Abundant outdoor living spaces to choose from.

Aloha, Thank you for the review and visit.

Was good, but wish I had known you can call for better prices. Good location next to snorkeling and friendly atmosphere. Plenty of common space.

• 26th May 2014

Aloha, Due to seasons changing and tourisms our on-line deals are always being updated. Thank you for the review and visit.

Well our room was very nice, the place is safe and the balcony has sunset views. But the owner tends to be pushy, directive and flaky. Charged me 20$ for a lost key we found the next morning and she tends to be hard to find around the place, we waited 25 minutes in the rain before checking-in because she didn't hear the bell. Also she offered to do taxi for us for a price but then left us stranded because she changed her mind. Otherwise if you don't have a car you're in the middle of nowhere.

Aloha, There are other staff on location for services for our guests, also due to improper use or loss of equipment we feel the right to impose replacement fees. Due to ethnic background sometimes a language barrier is present and misunderstandings happen, sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience. We have implemented a better meet and greet system for our guests. Thank you for the review and visit.

You will be alright when you are here. The location is a bit difficult, but you will manage. I heard it's really close to a spot where you can swim with dolphins so be sure to check that out!!!

Aloha, Thank you for the review and visit.

nice hostel to stay at however if you do not have a car very difficult to get anywhere and expensive the is very bad public transport on the island and taxis are expensive cost 65 to get to the hostel from the airport. But over it was a nice place to stay people are friendly and its pretty clean with decent showers just make sure you rent a car.

• 7th May 2014

Aloha, Thank you for the review and visit.

They have a bbq, which looks very nice, but we didnt get the licence to use, that was very very sad. The managerin (lady) was sometimes very rough and not that friendly then i would expect. Not so friendly... And they couldnt give some information about some trips or places to go. But all in all, it was a nice staying with a nice atmosphere!

Aloha, Why would a license be required for the grill? I am sorry there was a misunderstanding. Due to improper use we require notice prior to use of grill for safety reasons. Retraining of staff on proper meet and greet etiquettes have been implemented. Thank you for the review and visit.

I stayed in a private room with a bed for two, and a private bath. It was of the same quality, cleanliness and size as I would expect from a hotel room in a newer hotel. It had a nice balcony, and the staff was very pleasant. I chose it because it is located across the street from a World Class SCUBA dive shop, Espace Plongee. Pineapple Park Hostel had good kitchen facilities, an outdoor dining area, and full cable access in my private room with WIFI every where on the premises.