Pineapple Park Kona Reviews

81-6363 Mamalahoa HWY, Kealakekua, HI 96750, Hawaii's Big Island, Kailua-Kona, USA

A great location! It was a nice atmosphere and fun group of people.

• 11th Nov 2014

Annie runs a fabulous, clean and comfortable hostel. The facility itself has lots of comfy open-air spaces, a super-clean kitchen (with random fruit showing up for everyone from the trees) and a basic dormitory. Part of the charm is Annie herself. Take some time to chat with her and you'll find a lively, lovely character. But keep the kitchen clean!

• 4th Nov 2014

1. The plumbing should be upgraded. Toilets did not flush well. 2. Felt grudgingly accepted, friends felt gruffly treated. 3. The building was a little "rabbit warren like".

• 23rd Oct 2014

Really nice staff and good atmosphere in hostel. Location is a bit out of town but close to some awesome local attractions.

A good experience overall, great place to meet people from around the world, comfortable atmosphere and a helpful staff. Its a little out of the way and you really need a car as the bus service on the big island is almost non existent. The dorm space is a little tight but manageable and the beds are comfortable.

• 12th Oct 2014

Landlord is super rude and tight - money seeking. If you ask to borrow a towel, a google, beach-shoes or anything that she might have, she ll laugh at your face saying "borrow? - I rent it! 2 dollar!!". She was walking around, looking, making you feel uncomfortable. To be fair, its okay to charge for things but not this ridiculous way! There were cockroaches everywhere which were just ignored. This is a humid area and cockroaches are inevitable, but in this case they were just ignored.

• 1st Oct 2014

Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 14th Sep 2014

The hostel is very nice and very clean. The room was very nice too with a very nice bathroom. I would recommend this place for any traveller.

Nothing major was wrong but I didn't get a very welcoming feeling from the lady at the receptionist. She gave me wrong info on how far the airport was (20min, instead it was 40min). The room had also a strange smell. I wouldn't have booked here if it were not the only hostel at the Kona side of the island.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

ALOHA, sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay here with us. Due to the room type chosen (Mixed Dorm) I cannot control the *odors* that permeate through. Although we will be looking into some room plug-ins and air fresheners to station in the Dorms. As for the un welcomed feeling, we will re-train our staff for proper meet and greet etiquette. Thank you for the review.

The staff is really nice and helpful. They booked a trip for my in minutes and also offered me a lift to get there. I was able to ask everything and got always a good answer. The hostel has a relaxing atmosphere, is very clean and has a wonderful outside sitting area with bbq and heaps of space. I really enjoyed my stay at Pineapple Park!

Aloha, thank you for the review and visit.

I only stayed for one night so maybe my impression wasn't as good. But it was a pain to get to the hostel. After I arrived I was told there is a shuttle. A little too late. Showers and all bathroom facilities are outdoor so if you don't mind that it's okay. I stayed in a mixed dorm. The rest of the people seemed nice.

Aloha, There is only one way to get here; on the only expressway available (hwy 11). I am sorry to hear that you were somehow mis-directed. Also, on the website all info is available for set up of shuttle services.Thank you for the review and visit.

Horrible hostel! I recommend you not to go here! The lady on the reception is awful. The showers and kitchen close at 10pm and it is full of cockroaches.

This place is OK, not great, pretty average. Good for one day of stay. Staff is pretty bad so don't expect much on that side.

Aloha, Due to the transition of different *Wwoofers and *Helpers that have a work-trade here, we sometimes find ourselves training on meet and greet etiquettes. Thank you for the review and visit.

I thought it was a well run hostel that had easy rules to follow. I wasn't there during peak season but don't go there if your expecting a luxury resort. It's a hostel and it fits that description well. As for Annie I think she does a great job protecting her investment and maintains a clean atmosphere. People that say she is rude obviously have some kind of issue, a little common sense when dealing with her can make your stay more pleasant.

• 31st May 2014

Aloha, thank you for the review and visit.

A fair distance from town but a quiet location. Private room was excellent. Kitchen facility good. Abundant outdoor living spaces to choose from.

Aloha, Thank you for the review and visit.

Was good, but wish I had known you can call for better prices. Good location next to snorkeling and friendly atmosphere. Plenty of common space.

• 26th May 2014

Aloha, Due to seasons changing and tourisms our on-line deals are always being updated. Thank you for the review and visit.