Pineapple Park Kona

• 81-6363 Mamalahoa HWY, Kealakekua, HI 96750, Hawaii's Big Island, Kailua-Kona, USA

8.5

Great hostel! Friendly owner

• Austria, Couple, 25-30
4th Aug 2017
7.4

Private room a bit overpriced ($160 for 2 nights). Positive: we could in early in the morning, which was awesome. Parking space available. 2 beautiful and nicely decorated terraces to have breakfast or chill out. Clean kitchen and bathroom. Cheap Manta Ray snorkelling to book at the reception.

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
31st Jul 2017

This place is in a great location. It is just out of Kona and very close to the walking track down to the Captain Cook monument which has fantastic snorkelling! The hostel has real character and it's so nice sitting upstairs at breakfast or dinner time and looking out over the ocean. It feels like a real beach hostel. I would also recommend booking the Mantaray snorkel through the hostel for $80. It was so worth it!

• USA, Female, 41+
31st Jul 2017

I certainly will seek out hostel on my next travel.

29th Jul 2017

Good stay here. I recommend it.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Jul 2017

Annie is incredible, really helped me out while I was on the big island, she even took me back to the airport!!! The hostel has these awesome outdoor showers that are quite big, really kool!!!! Defiantly would recommend staying here, its best that you have a car, as it is a distance!

25th Jul 2017

I thought this was a good place to stay. Management was friendly to me so I'm not really sure why the other reviews said otherwise. The only thing I don't like is the location is really far from anything. Worth a stay here.

• USA, Female, 31-40
23rd Jul 2017

Annie was very nice. Stayed in 4-bed female dorm. No lock on the door but still felt safe. Great value.

18th Jul 2017

Great experience! Excellent location near Kealakeua Bay. Can rent recreation equipment from the hostel for what seemed like a pretty standard rate. The woman who was running the hostel was very nice and very accommodating. Everything was clean. Would have liked to have larger lockers, especially since the rooms aren't locked (the gate to the complex is locked at night). As it is there are smaller lock boxes you can use that can only fit items the size of a laptop or smaller.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
18th Jul 2017
5.1

The staff were lovely, but the manager was incredibly rude if I'm honest. We booked a twin room at the pineapple park. When we arrived the manager had given away our room so took us to her other backpackers. We feel we paid an excessive amount for a tiny room with two bunk beds, no air-conditioning /fan (even though it was incredibly humid) and a shared bathroom. We would not stay here again for the price, nor would we recommend it given the manager's attitude.