Pineapple Park Kona

• 81-6363 Mamalahoa HWY, Kealakekua, HI 96750, Hawaii's Big Island, Kailua-Kona, USA

7.6
Very Good 484 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 484 Total Reviews

1st Apr 2017
7.1

I stayed only one night. The Pineapple Park is a bit far from everything, especially from the airport. You definetely need a car to explore the surrounding and the island.

• India, Couple, 31-40
30th Mar 2017

Annie was a great host and very helpful. We loved how clean the rooms and the entire hostel had been kept. Moreover there is ample comfortable space if you want to sit around and just relax in between activities. We highly recommend Pineapple Park!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
29th Mar 2017

So lovely! The owner was so worried about charging us too much (even though I didn't mind paying the extra few dollars) she upgraded our room! Very comfortable and so clean. Lovely open shared space with views. Wish I could have stayed longer

• Canada, Male, 41+
12th Mar 2017

Nice little hostel. A relaxing little place, but not too close to many amenities. Saw some cockroaches, but only in the covered relax area. Sleeping quarters were good. They put plastic under the mattresses, so that makes noise every time you move.

• USA, Female, 41+
4th Mar 2017

amazing experience..we stayed in private room..super clean...very professional staff..will pick this one over hotel again!!!

• USA, Male, 18-24
2nd Mar 2017

I stayed here for 7 days and I couldn't think of a complaint even if I wanted to! It was very clean, had excellent facilities and the overall setup was very appealing. The staff did a great job and the owner Annie was very friendly and took great care of the place. I had an incredible week in Hawaii and Pineapple Park added to my great experience. Definitely planning on staying here again in the future!

• michelelo6275
  • Switzerland, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
21st Feb 2017
2.0

my friend and i arrived around 10 pm but didn;t end up staying as the lady at the reception was super unfriendly and showed big attitude when i asked her why she is charging alot more than what hostelworld told me. RIP OFF!! Would never stay here.

18th Feb 2017
8.0

My largest concern is that that 10 o'clock everything gets shut down - not just "quiet hours" but literal locks on the kitchen and showers. While I can appreciate the desire to not have late night noise, I find padlocks on showers excessive for a place marketed as a hostel... The upside of this is that it's a great price/location for those looking to travel around the Big Island (right off the main road) rather than a remote B&B. Close enough to Kona area to still find places to eat.

• France, Couple, 25-30
14th Feb 2017
2.0

I'm outraged, this hostel is a fraud ! I made a reservation for this hostel for the 14th of february, but when we arrived for check-in, the person there told us there was a disruption on Hostelword's website, and that they actually had no availability. We were to be refunded the prepaid 10% of the amout of the reservation. But they did not, and they even drawned the remaining 90%. After several unsuccessful emails and phone calls, I contacted Hostelword, and still no reimbursement !

• USA, Female, 41+
14th Feb 2017

Annie runs a great ship here. Really enjoyed the space and community.