Pinewood Reviews

48 Hamilton Road, Queenstown, New Zealand

The dorms were divided in cabins, all with their own kitchen and bathroom. Really liked this, felt like a little village. Also close to nature, away from the hustle of central Queenstown but still just a short walk to town.

Good hostel. However Queenstown is a party town. Beware of others coming home well after midnight. Can get very noisy. Hostel and staff very friendly. Patchy internet, good location and clean.

Not very good value for money at all, wifi is terrible even for New Zealnd, the rooms are terrible (reminded me of a mental asylum) the kitchens are poor some didn't have fry pans, tea towels etc just the normal things to expect even from a cheap hostel. Would not stay here again, definitely go elsewhere - leave in mind I am very easy going and not hard to please at all this was just awful!!!!!!

• 4th Jan 2015

Great concept and location if you're looking to stay out of the main party area. The hostel needs some cleaning - the kitchen especially. The bathrooms did not seem to be cleaned over the 3 nights I was there. There was no toilet paper in the stalls in my pod. One of the showers did not have a working light. There were no lids for the pots in the kitchens. With some attention, this hostel could easily be one of the best in Queenstown.

• 3rd Jan 2015

bit of a mixed bag, staying for 5 nights over Christmas and had booked a private twin, however when we arrived this turned out to be bunk beds in a cupboard! Not really worth $70 a night! We did have a word and were moved to a different room which was apparently in the same price category and was completely different...double bed with floor space for your bags. Overall was a good place to stay and good location but such a wide range in room quality makes it hard to know what you get!

Well maintained, clean, and great location. Mix of families and backpackers. Good value for money and friendly staff. The only thing I think this place needs is free wifi, most hostels provide it now.

Staff were very helpful and informative, which was great for us as we only had a short stay in Queenstown so were able to make the most of it. Thank you.

Near the town but still quiet. Great people

Good hostel, a little walk from the city centre and quiet at night time.

I arrived at the lodge late due to severe weather and flight delays, but the hostel had closed. When I called the number provided, the girl at the other end was very rude and unhelpful. The location isn't bad as it's quite quiet, however it's not 5 minutes from town as stated on the website. It's more like 10 - 15 minutes. The lodges in general are clean and the facilities are good. I enjoyed my stay there!