Pinewood Reviews

48 Hamilton Road, Queenstown, New Zealand

I arrived at the lodge late due to severe weather and flight delays, but the hostel had closed. When I called the number provided, the girl at the other end was very rude and unhelpful. The location isn't bad as it's quite quiet, however it's not 5 minutes from town as stated on the website. It's more like 10 - 15 minutes. The lodges in general are clean and the facilities are good. I enjoyed my stay there!

Good place!

Set-up was pretty cool, only a couple rooms sharing a kitchen. Kitchen and common area was clean. Didn't love the co-ed bathrooms and only 2 toilets available. Quiet rooms. Walking distance to downtown. Wifi was terrible, could not connect from our room/unit.

Awesome stay everything was clean and tidy. Best shower out of all the hostels I've stayed at.

A bit of a walk from town, but not too far by any means. Had a good stay here!

Stayed in a private room. Good price, but could do with a bit of a makeover, looking a little run down.

Good hostel in good location to what is a fabulous town !! Only drawback (or suprise) - i ordered a twin room as i wanted my own and it was a 4 bed dorm - perhaps twin rooms don't exist there

A great hostel to stay in Queenstown. We stayed 3 nights in a little house with an amazing view on the mountains. We have been lucky and had the little house 3 nights for ourselves. We were also able to eat on the veranda...great!! :-) Also the staff was great and really helpful. Thanks for a really nice stay!! :-)