Pingyao Harmony Backpacker Guesthouse Reviews

No.165 Nan Da Jie Street, Pingyao, China

The owner hadn’t accepted my booking at beginning cause I’ve booked with a price that they are not happy with. I had to contact the website to confirm my booking. Even with that, we were told at arrival by the owner that she hadn't my booking information. I had to shown my pre-printed booking information to let her accept my reservation. It's terrible. Just respect all the clients, and their reservation, it's the basic line for holding a hostel!!

The staff is really great, speaks english and is very helpful. The facilities are a very nice experience, especially if you like to live more closely to local culture, this is the place to go. It is within the city walls of Pingyao, so the buzzing streets are just at your doorstep.

They buy train tickets from tour agencies (when there are no tickets in the web site somehow they still buy them) so they wish for 20 yuan commision. They aren't that helpful if u ask about things that doesn't pay them money. Seems like they abuse their "top rated" rank in lonely planet to do as they wish. breakfast expensive, small and not good. I got a room instead of the dorm I booked for a reason I wasn't told. I paid more - but just a little more. (less than room price)

The staff are this hostel were very nice - the owner of the hostel helped us book train tickets and also arranged for a taxi to take us to the train station fairly late at night. The double bedroom we had was Chinese-style which was nice, although it made the bed and pillows a little uncomfortable. The food was very nice. The staff also kindly helped us rent out bicycles for a very cheap price. The atmosphere at the hostel seemed pleasant and overall we had a lovely stay.

We had such a fantastic time at the harmony guesthouse! Most of this is owed to the wonderful owners who were so incredibly kind and patient in helping us in any way they could. My husband got sick while we were there and she even helped us get medicine, also helping us book our flight and train tickets, she was a sweetheart and we greatly appreciate all her kind help. Oh and the food is delicious! Make sure you try the sweet and sour chicken, it's amazing!

• 10th Nov 2013