Pingyao Harmony Backpacker Guesthouse Reviews

No.165 Nan Da Jie Street, Pingyao, China

Best bed ever!

it should be mentioned that now there is a high speed train going to Pingyao, but the train station is not 2km from the hostel and you need to take a taxi

• 29th Jun 2014

We didnt know about a free pick up service from the train station and thus walked all the way - even though 2 km only, but with heavy bags it is quite a distance. The hostel is surrounded of souvenir shops and other hostels inside the old city, so for walking around at night it is great. Wifi only worked in the restaurant-reception area. The pc could be used for 30 min for free. Tours that are being offered are good: Wang family house, castle with tunnels, old town tour, ...

Free Shuttle Service from the Train Station

We had a good time here, but the first night we found the toilet was broken, they let us change another room,smaller bed but ok though.

We liked the location as it was easy walk to old section of town and loads or restaurants and also away from the train station part of town. The double room was huge with the most comfy bed we have had in china and the room had amazing view over Pingyao. Staff were great and allowed us to check in at 4:30am, this was brilliant as allowed us to get some sleep. We were also able check our of room late evening which meant we could have shower etc and get ready for overnight train.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Harmony Guesthouse. The set-up of the location was absolutely gorgeous and picturesque. I really appreciated the courtyard style. Something to note: there are actually two locations owned by Harmony. When I booked online, I thought I booked a 4-person dorm at the main location; however, I was given a 6-person dorm at the location off the main road. There weren't any other people in it but me, so it wasn't a problem. The bathroom was also very clean.

Choose wisely in Pingyao, I think there are better options than Harmony. The two inner courtyards are very nice, but all hotels/hostels in Pingyao have this. Harmony's are fitted with narrow and very uncomfortable wooden benches. I went to order food but the girl seemed so frustrated to have to move from the TV sofa I didn't bother. My check-in procedure was a mess: I tried to be helpful by printing a confirmation of my booking but the first girl couldn't understand that I had already paid a dep

Staff is great and they help you to book everything you want, but facilities are not that good.

Traditional style hostel, great location, the staff were great - helped us organise bus tickets.

Owner was great set me up with driver to airport in next city for cheap and then for next to nothing included the quin family mansion tour amazing.

We booked a 4-bed dorm but instead we got a 6-bed dorm (which wasnt full so we did'nt bother, but still), and they tried to make us pay more than it said on HW. Still, the staff was friendly &helpful. Big minus was that they never cleaned the dorm during our stay, not even when people had been checking out. The room was dirty with old rubbish when we checked in, we ran out of toilet paper &were told to go and get it ourselves in thebar. Maybe we also should have emptied the trash can ourselves.

The owners were gruff but helped with any questions I had. The location is right in the middle of town and the most popular tourist street. The last night I stayed there they moved my stuff to another room across the street cause they said they had forgotten that I was staying another night and they needed my other room for a big group coming in. Normally I would have been livid but the new room they gave me was even prettier so I wasn't mad.

It was easy to get there with the info given by the hostel, but the hostel is situated in the south gate mean you have to cross the all town to get there , it is a hard walk especially when the weekend is there there is so much Chinese tourists.in the end we had to came back to the gate again to stay in this new hostel Harmony 2 , this is a brand new hostel we were the first customer to stay there, every things is so clean and beautifull, it was not fully operational , but we had what we needed

Very nice place, helpfull staff and perfect location within the citywalls. We even got picked up at 5 am and the gave us a bed to sleep and a upgrade to a 2 pers bedroom while we booked a dorm! I defenitely recommend this place!

Good place but the rooms were a little cold. Food was good button the more expensive side can find cheaper food outside.

The owner hadn’t accepted my booking at beginning cause I’ve booked with a price that they are not happy with. I had to contact the website to confirm my booking. Even with that, we were told at arrival by the owner that she hadn't my booking information. I had to shown my pre-printed booking information to let her accept my reservation. It's terrible. Just respect all the clients, and their reservation, it's the basic line for holding a hostel!!

The staff is really great, speaks english and is very helpful. The facilities are a very nice experience, especially if you like to live more closely to local culture, this is the place to go. It is within the city walls of Pingyao, so the buzzing streets are just at your doorstep.

They buy train tickets from tour agencies (when there are no tickets in the web site somehow they still buy them) so they wish for 20 yuan commision. They aren't that helpful if u ask about things that doesn't pay them money. Seems like they abuse their "top rated" rank in lonely planet to do as they wish. breakfast expensive, small and not good. I got a room instead of the dorm I booked for a reason I wasn't told. I paid more - but just a little more. (less than room price)

1 2 Next » last »