Pink Hostel International Reviews

P.OBox 9732 KIA., Accra, Ghana

Alobar1000 is an amazing hostel. It is just outside the ever busy Thamel so it is quiet at night but still very close to all important locations in Kathmandu. The hostel staff is friendly and helpful. The internet is fast. The rooms get quite cold in the winter nights but very thick blankets are provided free of charge. Water is streaming hot and not lukewarm. It is like a home but with so many cool travelers.

We really appreciate your comments, we promise to keep it up. Thank you.

When we arrived the receptionist was very rude, he barely looked up from the computer when he asked us to pay and gave us the impression we were causing him a real inconvinience by being there! Having said this in the morning he was much more helpful, helping us with a taxi and giving us advice about our onward journey. The room didn't feel particularly clean, we stayed for one night, I wouldn't have wanted to stay for much longer!

• 20th Aug 2012

We are really sorry for what happen but it is our policy that Guest pay for at least the first night before getting check into the room, he was doing his job but it was the way he went about it that makes him appear to be rude but we promise that it won't happen again..

Staff are so helpful and friendly (especially Charles!) but hostel is very overpriced for the cramped dorm rooms you get. Breakfast definitely needs improving...no one wants plain bread everyday, even toast would be better! Room problems weren't fixed for weeks (the door handle to our bathroom was broken for two weeks, as was the flush handle for our toilet, and the shower door wasn't fixed in the whole 3 1/2 weeks I stayed there, even though staff was informed about all these needed repairs)

we really appreciate your comments, we are putting measures in to place to improve upon our breakfast. For the broken door handle, w/c flush handle and the shower door, they have been been fixed by our maintenance team thank you.

Decent choice for first night or two based on convenience of advanced online booking. However, this place is very expensive compared to other options in Ghana where $5-10 dorm beds are easily found. There was breakfast served but the bar/restaurant area was closed during afternoon and evening, so there was not a common space to meet other travelers. I did see liquor bottles, but maybe the bar only happens on weekends or something?

• 13th May 2012

Restaurant is good but needs a little support. Breakfast offerings need to be improved, and food pantry needs to stay stocked. Also bathrooms need to be upgraded. The crumbling fixtures are a turn off. Having hot water is a good thing. Thank you for that. Peace

we really appreciate your comments, our restaurant is now fully stocked and for the bathrooms measures are being put into place to upgrade it. thank you.

4 people crammed into a tiny room and poor water pressure meaning the shower did not work, neither did the toilet. very friendly and helpful staff though.

the poor water pressure was as a result of the malfunction of the pump but now the problem has been rectified, the pump is working and water pressure is good to enable you enjoy your shower. thank you.

The hostel was good as there was someone there to check-me in even though I arrived late after a night flight. I got a whole dorm to myself so this was nice and I felt safe. However the safe didn't work and it was tiny, certainly not big enough for a laptop so I took the key around the city with me to be safer. There was a poor range of food and drinks on offer but you could easily get something in the city centre which was a short walk away. Overall I good base for seeigng the city.

I thought the staff was friendly, but i did find the prices at the resturant to be extremly high. Having said that as most items wern't available another pricef was given which did help. It seems like an average hostel Africa.

Pink Hostel is pretty basic compared to hostels in Europe but other travelers say that it's good for Africa. I have not stayed in other hostels in Africa so I can't compare. There's a new chef at Pink Hostel and his food is delicious. Tip: don't pay for the wireless internet because it's unreliable and has weak signals.

This place is hugely overpriced. I'm paying $30 for a BUNK. And with that internet isn't even free. The worst part though is the attitude of the staff who suck the life out of the place. Every minor thing is treated like a big drain on them. They shuffle their feet, roll their eyes and generally make guests feel bad. Nobody is friendly toward guests. Takes the fun out of the place.

It is impossible to buy water or use the internet if one does not have the exact change, that is, 1 cedi. Surely,this problem could be easily rectified by allowing guests to purchase "coupons/vouchers" to the value of 5 and 10 cedis which they could then use to pay for water/internet, etc? In general a lot of small improvements would make the stay of the guests more enjoyable!!

Have stayed a few times now, has always been good. Staff always very helpful.

I was disappointed in this place where I stayed for three nights. Contrary to what you say the cost is not cheaper than comparabe hotels. The room was very small and the shower room and toilet not particularly clean. It took me 48 hours to get a towel, My bed was not made and even the waste bin not emptied. The retaurant was extremely hot as the Air Con had broken down so they had opened the windows and so mosqitoes became a problem in the evening. Some of the staff were surly and unhelpful.

The reception staff were brisk and unfriendly to the point of rudeness, particularly the female receptionist who went about everything with disdain and made every question we asked her seem like a chore, to the point where we actually thought there may be a racist basis for her attitude because we saw her being perfectly friendly with Ghanaians

All the staff were amazing, really made a different!

I was there almost 2 weeks and in that time my room was cleaned 3 times. Asylum Down is like a little village with all of the facilities of the CBD. Ajacent restaurant (not open on Week ends) quite good. Credit cards not accepted. Outside phone calls not permitted. I suspect messages that get left go astray. Provided breakfasts meager.

I notice some comments about surly staff . This is simply not true, if you like American style fake pleasentaries, then go somewhere else. The manager here may not have the biggest smile, but she is helpful and has a very dry sense of humour. Would recommend. The food in the restaurant outside, but within the hostel grounds is excellent, and much better than the one actually inside the hostel. Ghana is also the most friendly place I have ever visited, although I guess the fact that the African Nations Cup was on would have helped.

A lovely place, but for Accra standards, way overpriced. The staff was very friendly and protective of me, the clueless foreigner, so that was nice. But the bathroom faucets needed work, no hot water and the laundry facilities they promised were not working while I was there. Great patio, good food, nice staff - cab to the centre only a few dollars. Should be less than $1, but you\'ll get overcharged. But that\'s standard.

Great friendly, helpful staff. Felt at home in Ghana as soon as we arrived.

I spent my first week in Ghana here and it was great! It's a very friendly environment and the staff is wonderful and very helpful. It's clean and I felt perfectly safe.

We highly appreciate the good remarks on the whole. We hope to give of our best at al times. Thank you.