Pink Manila Hostel Reviews

2551 Bautista corner Don Pedro, Malate, Manila, Philippines

Well,my second visit to stay in pink was quite frustrating due to none vacant room upon arrival the fact that i am booked and paid my deposit but i just love to stay on this place because i feel at home and i love the staff they are considered as my close friends now,and friendly guest as well.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Staff are friendly but much party and noise even late night. Not good for those have early wake-up or plans the next day.

1. I arranged for airport transport with Pink Manila. I waited in pickup area for 30 minutes and the ride never showed. 3 airport security men approached me for assistance, then wanted tip. Finally 2 drivers verbally struggled with whom was getting my fare. Finally, an older gentlemen driver, Rico, overcharged me. When I asked the front desk, the person didn't know what happened and no one from management cared to apologize. 2. The signage for the building is small and not readily apparent

If you don't care about high class bathrooms and you wanna have a really great time in Manila weather it is just for a few days or a bit longer, that's the place to be !!!

• 4th Jun 2014

Very unimpressed. Bathrooms were unacceptable. Non functioning shower head did not attach to the wall (other option was gross bath) no door to the toilet..... Unable to lock this bathroom, was the same room that housed the lockers for 16 bed mixed dorm. Pool was FILTHY - looks much better in photos. $2000 for some doors/hardware would go a long way. Friendly staff, open concept was nice, dorm room clean, hostel occupied 5-7th floors of the apartment building- great views. Would not return.

• 3rd Jun 2014

5 min walking to the Metro. The staff is really nice. Thank you guys! ;)

The location is fantastic. I stayed in 2 other places during my time in Manila and this was my favourite by a long shot. Pink Manila is a little oasis in the part of Manila you want to be staying in. It's fun, easy to get to, and has a pet cat. Win! Only downside is the beds are awful. I hope they change them soon. Very saggy and thin mattresses. You'll be exhausted enough to sleep in them though after trekking through Manila all day.

They have a lovely chilled atmosphere with staff willing to help you with anything you need :)

Anne and Jet and other staff go way out of their way to make your stay here enjoyable and fun. The pool helps, the roof top deck helps, the singing helps, the views, the food, the free breakfast, the closeness to the metro--all this helps make Pink Manila a good place to stay, but it's Jet and Anne that put it on the top of the charts. Tell them Paul sent you. :)

Not sufficiently exploit the potential of the hostel ! Bathroom and toilet destroy and not convenient, no Aircon while it is expected !, dirty swimming pool...

Location ok, staff very helpful with local info.and friendly, but the room is very basic and far from well air conditioned :( had 2 nights stay booked and paid, but left after one as so hot didn't sleep and very uncomfortable, not to mention the air con is only on at night so u can't sit in your room for 5 mins during the day - may be better in not so hot months.

Had a great time. Unfortunately the hostel has such a great atmosphere that we didn't see anything in Manila and just spent 3 days in the pool, sunbathing, or chilling out. 16 bed dorm room was comfortable but a bit warm because the ceiling fan on our side didn't work so it was a balance between being hot and opening the windows and being eaten by bugs. Shower was being fixed (think it might be done by now) so we had to use the ones downstairs, but never once had to wait.

Great fun-loving staff; pool; free breakfast; tasty pay dinners; most interesting facilities ever; close to metro; restaurants, laundry, massage, barber in the neighborhood.

Thoroughly enjoyed the bar and the swimming pool (in that specific order, cause the former lead to the latter!) and the staff was helpful. Had a blast there and would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to pass by Manila.

When the cab driver stopped beside the Pink Manila, I thought I was being scammed. Only signage is a piece of paper with name on it stuck to a gate which through it I could see guys working out. Cab driver went in and confirmed for me. go to the 5th floor, doors open and wow hostel! nice place, clean, friendly staff, great atmosphere to meet other travelers (btw hostel is much smaller than appears in pics) But not much around hostel in terms of places to eat, shopping, bars, etc.

Safety at Pink Manila is a major issue. The 16 bed dorm has no doors, and thus no locks, and a fire stairwell that leads street straight up to the room. Those rooms which do have locks, are only lockable from the inside and no key is issued. The hostel reception is located on level 5, with rooms on the levels above that. Therefore, anyone wanting to enter from the street just needs to bypass reception to enter the rooms. Staff are fab but felt unsafe as did the other guests no refund policy too

I really have mixed feelings about this place... The staff and the guests are realy great and we really had a good time here. But we expected more with all the good reviews here and Tripadvisor. The reason we booked was the pool. It was so dirty tho that we didn't feel like swimming anymore. I heard they cleaned it after our stay, but thats a bit to late for us. Shower and Toilets are really poor as well... No doors, just a flag and curtain, so everybody can just walk in.

전체적으로 분위기는 좋습니다 다만 조용한거 좋아하시면 힘들수있어요 도미토리치고 매일 청소도 해주고 .. 전 벌레본적은 없습니다 한국인들이 많이오는곳이 아닌지라 영어를 잘 못하는 저로서는 부담이었지만 라운지에서 가만히만 있어도 다들 말걸어주는 분위기라서 좋았던 거같아요 스텝들도 친절했고요 다만 홈페이지에나와있는 주간스케쥴은 상황에따라 할때도있고 안할때도있으니 참고하시고요, 숩소가 5층부터 옥상까지 있고, 1층은 쇠철창으로입구가 만들어진 헬스클럽 같은곳 으로되어있으니(우리나라 헬스 클럽생각하시면 안되요 ㅋ 그냥 1층에운동기구있다고보시면될듯) 찾을때 헤메지마세요~^^

• 15th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Had an excellent time here - we even came back on our way home. Staff were fab and all the guys we met were amazing too!! Highly recommend if you want a good experience and value for money!

I absolutely love this hostel and have used it as a hub on my travels in the Pilippines. I always seem to meet great people here and the staff are super friendly too. It's definetly worth staying an extra night in Manila just for the atmosphere at Pink! Also, really dont know why some people are complaining about the pools cleanliness, on all of my stays its been crystal clear water and we've all been enjoying it.

• 3rd Apr 2014