Pink Manila Hostel Reviews

2551 Bautista corner Don Pedro, Malate, Manila, Philippines

For a 15 or more bed dormitory, they could have more then 1 shower and toilet. The atmosphere was nice though and a special thanks go's to the staff who was so willing to help me with finding my lost key. Thank you!

Good staff but a bit overprice.

Dorms are not properly maintained. Bath room is split into two. In one Water pipe is broken and the Other there is no curtain. Customer service is very poor. Of course there is no hot water facility and water will be cold when it rains. When I came for second time with advance booking around 6 AM they did not allow me to take bath and hence I have cancelled my booking as check in time is 2 PM. The only plus is if you want to spend time at Reception or swimming pool then its OK!

Really great hostel, fantastic staff who can help with anything, a noticeboard with all travel tips you need! Nice dorms with a unique pink (hence the name) tint! There's a pool, food and drink for sale, and it's right near the Vito Cruz LRT and Ocampo St, with lots of available taxis. Overall very happy with my stay here.

Basic rooms but nice atmosphere. Friendly staff, happy hour with music, just stayed there for one night but would come back again.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. No hot water in the showers, but not really a problem since Manila is so hot. Gritty part of town, but that's Manila for you. I was in an antisocial mood due to travelling and just wanted to rest, but every time I went downstairs there were people by the pool, chatting and socialising, the common areas were very conducive for that. Lots of food options near by. Can't complain for the cost, if you want 5 star luxury stay at the Marriott. Perfectly fine for $10

Great place and really awesome staff! Everything you need is within walking distance. I stayed here every time I came back to Manila.

Nice place. The staff is really nice and i met some good people there. I will come back if i have to return to Manilla :-).

• 25th Sep 2015

Nice hostel with a beauty swimming pool:) and the people very friendly .

I really loved my stay here! So much I might return in a few days! The atmosphere was so relaxed and chilled, the pool is a nice extra, the beds and bathroom were always very clean. There is cool artwork everywhere, a huge pool table and lots of communal lounging areas allowing for a really nice "chat and a beer" atmosphere. Staff and guests go out to a bar or club most nights, although I was way too tired to go it was appreciated to be invited. There's also info for trips and speaking Tagalog!

hated everything about it - the fans touched 2/16 beds - it was boiling - there were cockroaches everywhere, ants, the breakfast was pointless. It was scary getting here - its on top of a gym full of men and a deserted building. I'll never go back to Manila because of the imprsession I've got from here

We have taken care of most of the problems mentioned here. As stated before, our open style hostel does lead way to birds, ants, and others. We now regularly schedule pest control but cannot control the entire building. Sorry to here you won't return to Manila. We try to show our guests a great time. Pinkie

Cosy, sociable place, really nice to meet other travelers and hang out. The swimming pool is a real plus and the view amazing! Unfortunately, the bathrooms were quite dirty, cockroaches were present and the waterp ressure in the showers non-existent. Still, I had a good time here, but don't expect it to be neat and tidy ;)

• 28th Aug 2015

All the staff here are super friendly, big should out to GiGi and Yoshi. If you are looking for a place to meet new friends and explore Manila then this is it! Amazing pool.

For the money that is being charged , It is a value deal the hostess was a very charming lady and went out of the way to take care of basic needs

• 18th Aug 2015
  • India

Not only was Pink Manila the hottest hostel we've stayed at in 6 months but it was also poorly run - there's an obvious food menu when you walk in yet staff say they cannot do it with no explanation as to why, the common area is minimal/ uncomfortable and the staff (bar one) seem to have absolutely no clue about Manila getting our stay in the Philippines off to a bad start , the pool is also big enough for one person to stand in and our dorm didn't remotely look like the one on here.

We are sorry we could not accomendate your food requests. We try to grocery shop regularly to have a stocked menu for our guests. We actually find the common area to be quite comfortable and many guests love taking naps on our couches. We provide many maps and activities of things to do while here in Manila in our large welcome board. We have 2 pools one with .5 meter depth and the other with 1.5 meters. They can hold up to 40 people between the 2 of them. Pink

very dirty place, no electricity plugs, Windows broken, no air con, swiming pool close all time, kitcken can't use, no luccage room, very Noisy, very high level music day and night.. not the morning. just 1 wc and a small shower vith cold water.. so many things broken Inside, and securité to luccage very bad, every people can go in dorm.. no wifi in dorm. Elevator ok.. or not.. depend the day.. you must climb 5 floor, and 2 more to sleep.. if you have luccages;; very difficult, breakfastpoor

Maybe have Wifi in the dorms

• 29th Jul 2015

Thank you so much for the recommendation. We will explore options to expand wifi to all rooms. Thanks for staying! Pinkie

Stayed here twice and four weeks apart. The first time the place was full and probably the best place to meet people if you're a solo traveler. The second time there was about five people staying and it was terrible. The fact they haven't sorted the air con or showers doesn't help and might be the reason it's not so busy. A little investment and this would be one of the best hostels in the Philippines. The pool is saving this place right now.

absolute dirty place, Noisy, and dangerous place.!! Pictures on web are good.. but maybee.. 5 years old..!! No electricity, no wifi in dorm.. just 1 dirty WC and cold shower to 16 beds.!! Noisy place, elevator broken .. must go up 7 floor to go to beds.! The price on web are different on place.. you must pay more.!! No security to lucagge.. dorm no winddows, everything broken.. Personnel prefer play on computer to clean or repar everything broken.Kitcken can't use.. Swiming pool close all tim

Staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful. We loved this hostel, great set up, really nice to have a swimming pool, always just felt comfortable and relaxed, would 100% stay again!!!!