Pink Manila Hostel Reviews

2551 Bautista corner Don Pedro, Malate, Manila, Philippines

This is a good hostel, especially if you want to meet people and have a party in Manila. The staff are friendly, the place is pretty cool in my opinion. Scott Gregory, England

I absolutely loved staying at the pink Manila while I was staying in the city. It doesn't look like much from the street but as soon as the elevator doors open on the fifth floor, you're greeted by friendly and helpful staff. Make sure you go straight to the roof after you drop your bags to see a nice view of the city around. Lots of food within walking distance and it's easy to catch a cab down the street to go out (makati is a nice place to go out in). Excellent hostel.

Hostel is fine. However, I think it would be great for meeting other travelers, and there's a nice bar/swimming pool/pool table common area where people were hanging out all night. The area isn't the greatest, and it took a long time to get to from the airport in rush-hour Manila traffic. Staff was slightly less helpful than I like -- insinuating our flights were cancelled (they weren't!) and giving vague directions for food instead of recommending a place like I asked.

Best atmosphere of any hostel I've stayed in.

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff! Great chilling area and well located to visit Manila (short ride from the airport and you can walk to the intramuros city). This is a basic and cheap accomodation for Manila.

• 12th Jan 2015

The staff is very friendly and nice the only problem is communication between the night and day crew is not very clear so billing issues usually come up. For what you pay the facility is great but cleanliness was always an issue especially in the bathrooms. The Pink Manila was always an issue for drivers to find i would recommend telling cabs to drive to the LRT Vito Cruz station then direct them from there.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

Overall staff were very friendly and a great building with a good social area for meeting other travellers. Place was a bit rundown and needed attention. Lights in our room had no bulbs and had to ask for a new mattress as I was falling through the bunk. However my stay at this Hostel made my trip to Manila bearable and met some amazing people.

Nice hostel, but the staff are quite clueless. When I asked if the tap water was drinkable they said "maybe" and then when I asked if they drink the tap water they told me "not sure". This is just one example of the frustrating answers I got to relatively simple questions. The social atmosphere was a bit dull when I was there.

It's a party hostel, and you can tell the emphasis and attention goes to the bar and the bar area. Our 8 bed mixed dorm was smelly, stuffy (didn't help that the only window was bolted shut), consisted of metal bunk beds that were literally falling apart, with ancient mattresses that should have been replaced years ago. However staff were great, and we were offered coffee and simple breakfast upon check out even though we were leaving at 5am! Kitchen facilities are useful too.

Last minute booking for an overnight in Manila. The staff were very nice and helpful and the place has a nice atmosphere. Its all clean and there are lockers for your bags. My only negative is the slightly wobbly bed frames, but for the money this is a great place. Would go back!

More comfortable sofas and this place would be even better

Staff were so friendly. Hangout was so relaxed and open. Quite difficult to find though. Would stay again

The hostel should definitely include info on how to get to the hostel from the street (through the gym and up the lift) as I arrived at 1am (female travelling alone) and was very nevous to go into the building - they could also improve the signing from the street. The pool could also be cleaner and the space on the rooftop improved. There also wasn't much atmosphere while I was staying so that would be improved possibly. The staff were friendly though and I liked the location - close to the bay.

The best thing from this hostel is the staff, thanx Rain, Ann, Gisele and Ronel.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Spain

I have made many good friends in this hostel, it has the perfect atmosphere for hanging out.

• 30th Dec 2014

Often ran out of TP, no maps and locks for sale made me :(

Nice place with an awesome view over the city! Even when the weather isn't that good you will be able to sit with fellow backpackers in the chill area while still being outside! Don't expect to much of the swimming pool, it looks way better on the picture. The area where the hostel is located isn't the party area of Manila anymore, that's more situated in Makati as of now! Anyways it's a really nice place to stay and meet people!

• 23rd Dec 2014

Location very central but quiet in a small street. Helpful Staff, Nice View over Manila fom 5th floor.

Loooove the staff!! I went there 3 times during my trip, free breakfast, pool, atmosphere is just insane! Made some good friends everytime. Wifi only works in the common area but good enough! Rooms are small but it brings you closer. They gave me a better room then I paid for just because they could. Not hot water but the bathrooms are generally big:) always someone there to help. Overall good for the philippines and one of my favorites! Recommand and would stay again

Pink is good as always...staff are very nice,location is not like in downtown but still very good,convenient to go anywhere you need to visit in manila,many cool ppl live here,you can make a lot of friends!!!