Pink Manila Hostel Reviews

2551 Bautista corner Don Pedro, Malate, Manila, Philippines

Brilliant hostel for meeting fellow backpackers. Also, a bit of a party hostel at times. Staff are excellent and very knowledgeable of most of the country. Only criticism is the location - no one seems to know where it is. Jeepneys took me too far, and taxis struggled to find it at the best of times. Wouldn't let it put you off a stay here, though.

Staff are very nice, friendly and helpful. Easy going hostel very social atmosphere and easy to meet people. Security is good, but better lockers in the room would be an added bonus.

• 21st Jan 2015

The place has a nice terrace, but lacks cleanliness. I could not use the swimming pool because it was dirty ( during the 3 days I stayed there, I saw a playing card in the botton of the swimming pool). There was not hot water in my bathroom.

The place is quirky and sociable so good for meeting new people. The guy on reception who checked me in spent most of the time on his phone, he showed me to my bed but not around the hostel, to the bathrooms, the lockers or explain there was breakfast and wifi. Also the lights in the dorm didn't work. So the staff could be a bit more welcoming but the hostel is still good, probably just because it has a great chill out area and fun atmosphere.

loved It Nice environment for backpackers anyways internet sucks

• 19th Jan 2015
  • India

This is one of the best of I've ever stayed in! Definitely check out their roof top. This hostel definitely has a character :) I want to come back to Manila just because of this hostel. Amazing atmosphere!

We had a great stay here! Staff are super helpful and nice, we booked dorm rooms and private, both clean and comfortable, ideal for backpackers and travellers! The lounge/terrace has a great view of the city and very sociable. Would definitely recommend this hostel

The pictures look excellent, but they are outdated pictures. The hot tub doesnt work and WiFi is real crappy. If someone get on and streams video or audio, you wont be able to get on. Its an average hostel, they need to paint and clean the roof and get some new furniture. Also get hot water in all the bathrooms.

The Hostel is quiete good. Is really difficult to locate the hostel. The taxi driver asked many people for help in the way. They should put signals showing where the hostel is. The swimming pool doesnt look clean, as such, not inviting to jump in it. With a bit of investment they can make this a very nice hostel. Staff is helpful.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Panama

During a week of travel through the Philippines and 4 different hostels this was the least attractive one. Many of the beds were in poor condition, the pillow was a block of foam (or rock of foam), and the sink was blocked. Though it is more or less the same everywhere in the Philippines, there was no hot water. The what looked like a swimming pool was more of a scum-filled pond. Its only redeeming feature was a rather good atmosphere.

This is a good hostel, especially if you want to meet people and have a party in Manila. The staff are friendly, the place is pretty cool in my opinion. Scott Gregory, England

I absolutely loved staying at the pink Manila while I was staying in the city. It doesn't look like much from the street but as soon as the elevator doors open on the fifth floor, you're greeted by friendly and helpful staff. Make sure you go straight to the roof after you drop your bags to see a nice view of the city around. Lots of food within walking distance and it's easy to catch a cab down the street to go out (makati is a nice place to go out in). Excellent hostel.

Hostel is fine. However, I think it would be great for meeting other travelers, and there's a nice bar/swimming pool/pool table common area where people were hanging out all night. The area isn't the greatest, and it took a long time to get to from the airport in rush-hour Manila traffic. Staff was slightly less helpful than I like -- insinuating our flights were cancelled (they weren't!) and giving vague directions for food instead of recommending a place like I asked.

Best atmosphere of any hostel I've stayed in.

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff! Great chilling area and well located to visit Manila (short ride from the airport and you can walk to the intramuros city). This is a basic and cheap accomodation for Manila.

• 12th Jan 2015

The staff is very friendly and nice the only problem is communication between the night and day crew is not very clear so billing issues usually come up. For what you pay the facility is great but cleanliness was always an issue especially in the bathrooms. The Pink Manila was always an issue for drivers to find i would recommend telling cabs to drive to the LRT Vito Cruz station then direct them from there.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

Overall staff were very friendly and a great building with a good social area for meeting other travellers. Place was a bit rundown and needed attention. Lights in our room had no bulbs and had to ask for a new mattress as I was falling through the bunk. However my stay at this Hostel made my trip to Manila bearable and met some amazing people.

Nice hostel, but the staff are quite clueless. When I asked if the tap water was drinkable they said "maybe" and then when I asked if they drink the tap water they told me "not sure". This is just one example of the frustrating answers I got to relatively simple questions. The social atmosphere was a bit dull when I was there.

It's a party hostel, and you can tell the emphasis and attention goes to the bar and the bar area. Our 8 bed mixed dorm was smelly, stuffy (didn't help that the only window was bolted shut), consisted of metal bunk beds that were literally falling apart, with ancient mattresses that should have been replaced years ago. However staff were great, and we were offered coffee and simple breakfast upon check out even though we were leaving at 5am! Kitchen facilities are useful too.

Last minute booking for an overnight in Manila. The staff were very nice and helpful and the place has a nice atmosphere. Its all clean and there are lockers for your bags. My only negative is the slightly wobbly bed frames, but for the money this is a great place. Would go back!