Pink Panther's Hostel Reviews

Sw. Tomasza 8, Krakow, Poland

Great staff who couldn't do enough for us, will definitely be returning if we get the opportunity!

Short but enjoyable stay. Hostel has a nice atmosphere. Bathrooms and rooms clean.

• 24th Jan 2016

It is a little bit dirty.

Dear Guest, Our cleaning lady and receptionists work very hard every day to maintain the cleanliness of the place. Some people just don’t know how to clean up after themselves, and sometimes we are just not around to fix it. We assure you that we do our best to keep the hostel clean & comfortable for our guests. We hope you’ve enjoyed your stay in Krakow. Safe travels. Warm regards Claudia

I stayed here mid January. The hostel had great reviews for solo backpackers and I was excited to be in a social hostel. Upon first arriving the staff was friendly with checking me in but past that they only socialized with each other and brought their friends into the hostel to party and didn't bother engaging with the guests. the wifi went out and they didn't bother to fix it or let me check out to go somewhere else without losing my money. Not a good social hostel for solo travelers.

Dear Guest, We do focus mostly on solo backpackers and try our best to make them feel as if they’re a part of the big Panther family. During your stay, we had a carnival-themed party because one of our longtime staff members was leaving – that’s why our entire staff was there, and their friends as well – it’s always a better party with more awesome people! However, even when the entire staff is present, they socialize with everyone and even go out with guests to give them a tour of the best bars in Cracow after our parties, absolutely FREE of charge, and not because someone forces them to – they just love their job & our guests so much that they work overtime. As for the wi-fi, some things are just out of human control, and we try to keep it working as well as we can, but sometimes there’s problems on the lines that are not as easy to fix as we’d like them to be. Also, wi-fi and being social don’t really go hand in hand – maybe when it wasn’t working you could have just joined the party :) I hope you enjoyed your stay in Krakow. Wish you safe travels. Warm regards Claudia

Cool place and the staff really is the best! They even helped me order pizza cause I was lazy and enjoying my company!

The hostel has a great location. The hostel also does a pub crawl event nearly every night which is good if you want to see the Krakow nightlife.

• 11th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

It was amazing! Better than we expected. It is an old house but very welcoming and typical from Krakow. We will come back! Thanks

Fun place. I heard it was a party hostel but quiet hours start at 10pm and everyone was pretty much in bed by 11pm so idk that it's considered a party hostel anymore. It was still very fun though. It was mostly clean. They need to buy some new sheet sets though. The ones they had were kinda gross. They give really great information about things to do in the area which was awesome!

The heater of the room was not working while it was -17 outside. Also the windows didn't close properly. When I told the reception they didn't seem to care. They just told me that they will contact the manager when he will come in the next day. I asked for extra blankets, but didn't have these either. Finally it was a freezing cold stay with barely any sleep. Location of the hostel is good though, but definitely check if the heating is working if you visit Kraków in winter time ;)

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback.Some things are just out of human control, and the weather is one of them. Sadly, the reception doesn’t possess the ability to fix equipment as complicated as the heating system and that’s why an expert had to take care of this. Due to fact that it happened in the middle of the night it was almost impossible to fix it immadietly. We do have blankets available, so you should have gotten an extra one – we’ll look into the issue. The windows had recently been exchanged, so they should close in every single room. We assure you that caring about our guests is our no. 1 priority - Thank you for your feedback and we hope you’ll visit us again when it gets warmer :) All my best & Safe travels, Claudia

In theory I had a key to my room but it was never locked. Reception was 24 hrs and they honestly let anyone into the building. Not saying this affected my stay, but I have to say it's a strike against security. I never felt unsafe though! Staff was great but I think whoever was on duty may have had too many duties. I went to reception twice when I checked in and was about to check out and no one was there. Altogether, party heavy hostel and great location. Definitely a fan of the evening events!

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback.We give keys to the rooms to all of our guests, but some people just don’t feel like it’s necessary to lock the doors – maybe your roommates felt safe enough not to lock the doors ;) Also, we do offer lockers underneath the beds, padlocks you can get at the reception and we also have luggage storage and a safe where you can store your valuables The staff has to keep an eye on the whole place and prepare the evening events as well – that’s why sometimes they’re not present at reception. We’re very glad you enjoyed your stay & hope you’ll come back soon! Warm regards Claudia

Buy ear plugs. Great atmosphere for socializing and meeting fellow travelers, but it is impossible to sleep with all the noise.

Was a good hostel in the old town, which is the best part of Krakow. Only gripe would be the lack of laundry facilities, but other than that was a good option.

very friendly, great place to go.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very nice hostel, right in Krakow Center so it's close to everthing you need. There a lot of Bar and club really near. The hostel staff was really nice, even found us another bed when we got locked down by mistake by one of our (drunk?) friend :) I hardly recommand it !

• 29th Dec 2015

The hostel is in a great location. Is very secure with locking cages under the beds. The toilets and showers Wernt the best as the showers go cold or really hot all the time. Sometimes the cleaning staff seemed a little annoyed when we were using the facilities which I'm not sure why when they're there to use. Other than that the place is great and the staff on the front desk are extremely helpful! I would come back for sure

Great location. Great price. Great staff.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Good value for money, rooms are comfortable and clean. Its a great place to party too. The vibe at the hostel is great . Common room is spacious. It's close to the station and only minuets away from pubs and food places.

• 19th Dec 2015

Had the greatest time at this hostel. Friendly and fun staff, great atmosphere and vibe, and I will definitely be coming back!

I would highly recommend this hostel for anyone that wants to meet people and maybe even explore the nightlife. Staff where very helpful with organizing tours for me so.i was very happy with the hostel overall.

• 10th Dec 2015