7.6
Very Good 797 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 797 Total Reviews
Pint on Punt Backpackers Located at 42 Punt Rd (above the Windsor Alehouse)., Windsor, Melbourne.
Australia
Melbourne Victoria 42 Punt Rd (above the Windsor Alehouse)., Windsor
76% 797
-37.8548811 144.9835896
    Rooms available

18th Aug 2016
7.7

Fantastic central location at a public transport hub. One of the more affordable places in the area. It's really all I needed for a quick weekend trip. I'd stay here again. Cons: I had an early checkout and didn't talk to the staff the night before to get my deposit back (my bad). I had a private room which reeked of urine. I think guys were using the sink as a urinal before me. Party people going up and down the fire escape late at night and early in the morning.

16th Aug 2016
6.6

Location is almost on the outskirts of the city and very far from city centre. Bed given to me was hard with springs touching me and room was clean and wide enough. Toilets and showers were worn out though they are working properly.If you are a visitor can avoid this as you end up paying more on trams for what ever you save for the price of the bed. Location is good as you get good food near beach and you may get some value for the money you paid.

• Italy, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2016

I had so much fun! The staff are lovely and helpful, the bar is so nice and the hostel is nice and clean. I will see you soon!

• Ignis83
  • Italy, Male, 31-40
2nd Jul 2016

An amazing experience! The hostel is close to everything you want to visit in Melbourne. It is very safe and secure. Staff are very helpful and friendly. And the food in the pub downstairs in mind blowing! Will definitely come back!

• Canada, Male, 18-24
26th Jun 2016
5.4

Got stuff stolen from common room

Hi there, I noticed your review on Hostelworld and wanted to ask what it is that you are missing? It could potentially be a matter of the cleaners bringing whatever it is that you are missing to lost and found. I wish you would have told us about this so that we could investigate the situation further. I know that you are still staying with us so I would suggest keeping personal belongings with you or in your room instead of communal areas however if you have a time frame of when the item/s went missing I could also check the cameras to see what happened. We have a really good group staying upstairs at the moment so I would be surprised if it’s a matter of theft. Hope you are enjoying your great ocean road tour!

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
5th Jun 2016
7.1

It was OK, the staff was very friendly and nice. The bar downstairs was fun and got some good cheap backpacker meals. The hallway and the dorms were very humid and smelled very bad. The bathrooms were ok, looked clean but were missing some facilities to hang your towel and clothes. Just stayed one night so can really say anything about the atmosphere.

Hi there thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! We're glad that you had a good experience staying here. We have put in more hooks in the bathrooms to hang up belongings so thank you for such valuable feedback :) We hope if you come back in the future that you will stay longer so that you can experience all the fun and entertainment Pint on Punt and Windsor Alehouse has to offer :)

• Italy, Male, 25-30
23rd May 2016

Free Cheese and wine and free pasta was amazing. really good fun. staff were so helpful. best hostel I've stayed in Melbourne

• Italy, Male, 25-30
17th May 2016

Very nice Hostel. Great people, great food and drinks. See you next month!

• England, Female, 31-40
16th May 2016
7.7

Nice basic hostel. The bar below is a good perk as otherwise everything else is a little walk. The bar isn't just for the hostel though so open to the public too. I was travelling solo and found that the majority of the people I spoke to in the hostel were working in Oz rather than travelling, which made it a little more difficult to make friends as many seemed to be staying in the hostel longer-term. All the staff were very helpful and the free cheese & wine night was a nice extra.

Hi there thank you so much for your great review! We're glad you had a good experience here. It is true in the winter that we get a lot of long term guests while people go to chase the Sun! We do get a lot of travellers like yourself too it varies from week-to-week! We hope you come back to visit us if you're in Melbourne again :)

• England, Female, 18-24
15th May 2016
5.7

From the reviews I would have expected much more from this hostel. I have stayed in many hostels in my time and this was by far one of the worst. The only way I can describe it is grotty. The bathrooms were clean enough by hostel standards but the room smelt vile and was gross - not clean, I also had mould growing above my head and it just felt like there were too many people for the room. The staff were really nice and friendly and the breakfast and pub was alright.