Pint on Punt Backpackers

7.6
Very Good 845 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 41+
20th Apr 2017

It was a good stay. Got noisy at night from the bar downstairs and the common area was pretty small but fine otherwise

• Finland, Couple, 25-30
1st Apr 2017
5.1

The pub downstairs was awesome, and I guess if you're an 18yo backpacker you would love the hostel as well. BUT the hostel was way too dirty and noisy for us all the time. Women's bathroom was right next to a smoking area and was smelling like cigarettes everytime I used it. I guess it also depends on the location of the room, but we were quite unlucky to have ours right next to the common areas. However, the staff was really friendly!

• Slovakia, Female, 25-30
13th Feb 2017

Really great hostel with friendly staff and guests. Will stay again!

Awesome review! Cheers :) Hope to see you again soon.

• England, Female, 31-40
3rd Feb 2017
4.6

The only good thing was the food & drinks deals at the pub downstairs. The irish lady on reception was friendly & helpful but I wouldn't stay again. Uncomfortable beds (felt every spring) & the room was swelteringly hot, even with a fan on & windows open, so we all struggled to sleep. No atmosphere & hard to meet people. Tiny common room which is taken over by cliquey long-termers. Kitchen is tiny & everyone I know who left food/drink there had stuff stolen. Far from both St Kilda & the CBD.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback! We're in the processing of rolling out all new mattresses at the moment which is a tricky task. We only replaced most of the mattresses last year with what turned out to be not such good quality surprisingly coming from a hospitality supplier! I am sorry that you ended up with an old one :( If you had mentioned it to us we definitely would have replaced it straight away! Nobody has reported stolen food to us but sometimes people mistakenly put their food on the "FREE" shelf which was created by past guests but now that you have brought this to my attention I am definitely going to get rid of it.. It is true that we are not located very close to the city (15 mins by tram) but we are right beside st kilda located on the st kilda junction! We do encourage guests to hang out in the bar with cheap meals and drinks and even just to chill. If you come back again you can join in on our wine and cheese nights, trivia and open mic which are all a great hit with our guests. The free wine and cheese definitely brings guests together ;) Thanks for your kind comments also :) I remember you and I thought you were a lovely guest. If you were to return we would definitely like to show you a better time so please consider us for the future :) enjoy your travels :)

• England, Couple, 18-24
31st Jan 2017
5.7

Staff, bar, breakfast and other guests all lovely.Advertised as simple and that's fair enough. The room was fine but walls were dirty wouldn't have taken much to give it a better clean. Bathrooms could have been better, no where to dry hands and no bath matts. Kitchen facilities ridiculous. Absolutely tiny, no fridge room all rammed full and had a look to make space most of stuff in there was mouldy. 1 tiny sink in the living room to wash stuff up so always a queue.

Thanks for your feedback :) The walls are due a lick of paint which at the moment is impossible as it is high season and we are full almost every night but I can assure you that any removable marks on the walls are one of the priorities for our cleaners!! We try to make up for our little kitchen with great discounted meals in the bar from just $5.50. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the size of the Kitchen as we are a heritage listed building. The fridges are cleaned out once a week so if there was anything mouldy in the fridge it would have been removed pretty soon. We are always looking to improve where we can so we appreciate your feedback :)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
28th Jan 2017
8.0

Nice hostel. Good value for money. Very clean facilities with a fresh towel. Lots of people staying long term.

Thanks for your lovely review :) Hope to see you again soon :)

24th Jan 2017
6.0

Messy facilities are something of a given in hostels, but this place takes it to a whole new level. The bathrooms were disgusting, smelled bad, and the water didn't drain. There was a crack from mid wall to the top of my ceiling in my room. The beds are nice and cozy and the staff is nice. The bar and free breakfast is also nice. It's more private than any hostel I was in prior which is nice, but it can be tough to make friends. Overall clean facilities were my only real issue, a big one for me.

Cheers for your feedback!! I am sorry to hear about the issues you had. We definitely would have liked to have sorted them out for you had you told us during your stay!! If you could message us privately about the crack in the ceiling in your room so that we can investigate where it is we would really appreciate this! As you can imagine being at full capacity all of the time, we encounter plumbing issues regularly but obviously as we as staff are not taking showers or using the toilets we rely on our guests to let us know if there are any issues. We have not been told about any drainage issues until now so now we can investigate. Thank you! I can also assure you that the toilets do not smell on a constant basis but being toilets I would assume that they can do from time to time ;) but are cleaned and checked every morning :)

• Italy, Female, 18-24
23rd Jan 2017

I enjoyed my stay at the Pint on Punt; the receptionist was really nice and helpful and always smily. The hostel was clean and quiet, close to the bus and tram stops and the prince included a simple breakfast, I just wished there was few more plates to use in the kitchen.

• USA, Male, 18-24
22nd Jan 2017
7.4

Very friendly staff, quite uncomfortable beds. Towels are provided. Cool bar downstairs with good food. Metro across the street and 24 hour 7-11 if you need a late night snack.

Thanks for your nice review :) we are glad you enjoyed your stay here and you are welcome back any time :)

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017
7.7

Lovely place. Would deffinately reccommend it.

Cheers for the great feedback!! Hopefully we will see you again in the future :)