Pint on Punt Backpackers

7.1
Very Good 831 Total Reviews

• Slovakia, Female, 25-30
13th Feb 2017

Really great hostel with friendly staff and guests. Will stay again!

• England, Female, 31-40
3rd Feb 2017
4.6

The only good thing was the food & drinks deals at the pub downstairs. The irish lady on reception was friendly & helpful but I wouldn't stay again. Uncomfortable beds (felt every spring) & the room was swelteringly hot, even with a fan on & windows open, so we all struggled to sleep. No atmosphere & hard to meet people. Tiny common room which is taken over by cliquey long-termers. Kitchen is tiny & everyone I know who left food/drink there had stuff stolen. Far from both St Kilda & the CBD.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback! We're in the processing of rolling out all new mattresses at the moment which is a tricky task. We only replaced most of the mattresses last year with what turned out to be not such good quality surprisingly coming from a hospitality supplier! I am sorry that you ended up with an old one :( If you had mentioned it to us we definitely would have replaced it straight away! Nobody has reported stolen food to us but sometimes people mistakenly put their food on the "FREE" shelf which was created by past guests but now that you have brought this to my attention I am definitely going to get rid of it.. It is true that we are not located very close to the city (15 mins by tram) but we are right beside st kilda located on the st kilda junction! We do encourage guests to hang out in the bar with cheap meals and drinks and even just to chill. If you come back again you can join in on our wine and cheese nights, trivia and open mic which are all a great hit with our guests. The free wine and cheese definitely brings guests together ;) Thanks for your kind comments also :) I remember you and I thought you were a lovely guest. If you were to return we would definitely like to show you a better time so please consider us for the future :) enjoy your travels :)

• England, Couple, 18-24
31st Jan 2017
5.7

Staff, bar, breakfast and other guests all lovely.Advertised as simple and that's fair enough. The room was fine but walls were dirty wouldn't have taken much to give it a better clean. Bathrooms could have been better, no where to dry hands and no bath matts. Kitchen facilities ridiculous. Absolutely tiny, no fridge room all rammed full and had a look to make space most of stuff in there was mouldy. 1 tiny sink in the living room to wash stuff up so always a queue.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
28th Jan 2017
8.0

Nice hostel. Good value for money. Very clean facilities with a fresh towel. Lots of people staying long term.

24th Jan 2017
6.0

Messy facilities are something of a given in hostels, but this place takes it to a whole new level. The bathrooms were disgusting, smelled bad, and the water didn't drain. There was a crack from mid wall to the top of my ceiling in my room. The beds are nice and cozy and the staff is nice. The bar and free breakfast is also nice. It's more private than any hostel I was in prior which is nice, but it can be tough to make friends. Overall clean facilities were my only real issue, a big one for me.

• Italy, Female, 18-24
23rd Jan 2017

I enjoyed my stay at the Pint on Punt; the receptionist was really nice and helpful and always smily. The hostel was clean and quiet, close to the bus and tram stops and the prince included a simple breakfast, I just wished there was few more plates to use in the kitchen.

• USA, Male, 18-24
22nd Jan 2017
7.4

Very friendly staff, quite uncomfortable beds. Towels are provided. Cool bar downstairs with good food. Metro across the street and 24 hour 7-11 if you need a late night snack.

Thanks for your nice review :) we are glad you enjoyed your stay here and you are welcome back any time :)

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017
7.7

Lovely place. Would deffinately reccommend it.

Cheers for the great feedback!! Hopefully we will see you again in the future :)

• Australia, Male, 31-40
9th Jan 2017

Had a great stay,staff were very friendly especially Laura,the kitchen is a bit small but they offer you great discounted meals in the bar below,there is different activities on every night also in the bar,I would defiantly stay here again

Thanks for your awesome review! We love hearing such positive feedback, it's the aim of our game!! See you again soon hopefully!

• France, Female, 25-30
12th Dec 2016
5.1

The matress was awful, I felt the springs all over. The place is great to catch the tram but far from everything. Not enough cutlery and plates in the kitchen. But very nice to take the breakfast in the bar in the morning.

Thanks for your feedback :) We're in the process of replacing mattresses which is a tricky process but we're trying to audit this on a weekly basis. We replaced 90% of them just last year and those mattresses did not turn out to be the quality we had hope for coming from a hospitality supplier!! hopefully you have a brand new comfy mattress the next time around ;) we do provide a crockery set for a $10 deposit which you get back when you check out. We found when we left supplies of crockery in the kitchen they were taken and broken a lot and we needed to order new ones weekly. This way there is never a shortage and there is crockery available to those that want to use the kitchen at any time :) we hope to see you back again in the future :)