Pint on Punt Reviews

42 Punt Rd., Windsor, Melbourne, Australia

If you book a 6 bed-dorm-room, you should know that they are full of messy partypeople. You can feel lucky getting a little space in front of your bed to get into it and some hours sleep the night. So if you start your journey in Melbourne and need more than 4 hours sleep, don't choose this hostel. There are pubs and restaurants around. You will need them, in the kitchen there are no plates, cups, pots and so on.

• 8th Dec 2014

the kitchen is extremely small which makes it very hard to make any food and there isn't a lot of cooking utensils to use either also making it hard to make food. bathrooms are nice and clean.

Kitchen was lacking. No pots, dishes or cutlery. Only 2 of 8 stove burners worked. Rooms were good and clean. Free wifi and breakfast were good. Friendly staff.

Thanks so much for your review! We know we have a small little kitchen but we try to make up for it with cheap meals and drinks deals in the pub! We do provide Crockery and cutlery sets for a small deposit to ensure that everything comes back in one piece and nice and clean. Sometimes also the fuse trips when all rings are on at the same time as well so that is most likely what happened with the stoves :/ we are so glad to hear you liked the room staff and facilities!! please visit again! :) :)

Staff were lovely. Obviously great for English and Irish (and all others). Building is old but I liked that :)

Hi there, Thanks for your awesome review! We liked you too ;)

It was a good hostel

Thanks for you nice feedback! Hope to see you again soon!

Great cheap accommodation. Some guests were a little inconsiderate, banging doors all night. The $6 meals were great and the pub was lovely. Some better quality pillows would have been nice.

• 22nd Oct 2014

The place is organised and I enjoyed this place.

• 1st Oct 2014

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback we really appreciate it! We hope you will visit again soon!

There is no control about who enter in the hostel, which makes it a very unsafe place. It is really noise, because of the bar and the people (someone put music to play super loud at 7 a.m. the day I was there). And there are people living there and they have take over all the room (leaving no space for new people). In few words, it is a complete mess.

• 1st Oct 2014

Hi there, We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience staying with us :( We have a very safe lock system where you can only enter the hostel with a swipe card. whenever a non-guest is reported we do handle the situation straight away! We are sorry that your room mates were messy :( we would love to make it up to you if you visted again!

Nice and helpfull staff, it might no be very luxurious but it has all a traveller needs which is not easy to find and for reasonable price. Breakfast internet towels great cheap meals and drinks. Good atmosphere in general, might get a bit noisy in the pub a few nights and the kitchen is small but i definately recommend it. Felt welcomed and helped too:)

Hi Lucila, Thanks for your lovely review, We are glad you had a good stay and we hope you will visit us again!

Free wifi in the hostel and a nice bar ;-)

• 19th Aug 2014

Hi Sabrina :) We are so glad that you enjoyed the facilities and we hope to see you again soon!!

Probably the worst place I've ever stayed in. I'm not a long term traveler which made it very hard to talk to people. Hostel run by long termers and they also sleep in the dorms. Dorms where full of other peoples stuff and dorms were basically used as places to consume alcohol after 22;00 when it wasn't aloud anymore in the common area. One guy from the staff was friendly, rest wasn't. Room smelt like mould. Stayed 2 nights but if I hadn't payed before I would have left right away. Not cool

Hey there!We are very sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience on your stay here.We appreciate all feedback and we are very thankful that you have brought this incident to our attention.We assure you if we had known that people were drinking in the dorms that we would have sorted it out straight away as we have in the past.We strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible.We hope that you will consider staying with us in the future and we will sort you out with a pint :)

the sign for the kitchen said it was to be open at 8 and it was not I had to get someone and they gave me some excuse about why it was not open, then opened it 10 min later. They had a door to go in to register but in tiny print that I had a hard time reading as I did not have my reading glasses on, said that I had to go through the bar to get to registration. They need to put a bigger sign IN the glass part of the hostel door for people! otherwise it was nice.

• 21st Jul 2014

Hey there, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! As we are in the middle of a staff turnover some of the reception staff are still learning the ropes and therefore aren't 100% with the morning routine. We are really sorry about the kitchen incident but we hope that you took advantage of the free breakfast that morning ;) We appreciate your feedback about the sign on the reception and we will definitely take it into consideration. We're so glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay :D

I had made a mistake with my booking and the staff sorted it straight away. Booked a 6 bed dorm and ended up getting a free upgrade to a double room! I was only staying for 1 night and needed to go into the city the next day and the girl at reception let me borrow a tram card instead of payin$6 when i won't need it again. Very nice atmosphere in the hostel and bar. Not a bad word to say!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Thank you David for your awesome review. We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again :)

Staff were lovely and everything was so cheap. Coming back next month

• 6th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review :) :) See you next month!

Had a great stay,staff very friendly,small kitchen but they make up with the free breakfast and good $6 backpacker meals in the bar,I would deffently stay here again

• 3rd Jul 2014

Thank you for your lovely review! We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you again :)

basic hostel nothing fancy but good price.

Hey there, thanks for your review! We appreciate all feedback and love hearing your comments. It is an old little hostel but we try to make it as pretty as possible! We're glad to hear you got value for your money and we hope to see you again in the future!!

Fairly dirty, staff not bothered, noisey from the pub downstairs. Overall cheap for a decent location and I've seen far worse, but there are better options out there for a similar price.

Hey there, Thanks for your review!! We appreciate all feedback and love hearing guests comments. Our cleaners work very hard to keep the our old little building as neat and tidy as possible and we would love to have them around 24/7!! We are very disappointed to hear that you felt staff could have been more helpful to you and we would love to make it up to you in the future!!