Pint on Punt Reviews

42 Punt Rd., Windsor, Melbourne, Australia

Overall a good cheap hostel . Great staff but needs more attention regarding the cleanliness in the women's shower Massive black mould and soap scum build up in the large shower. Lounge area also could do with the occasional wipe down furniture etc . Maybe some new pillows. Very old and stained . Great location and a very cheap stay with discounted food and beer in the pub below

• 1st Feb 2016

The staff were all so friendly and the hostel had such a good atmosphere! Across the road from a tram stop that goes into the city and to St Kilda beach (you can walk there in 25 minutes though). Close to a grocery store as well.

• 11th Jan 2016

Everyone was really friendly, probably the friendliest hostel we've stayed in! Short walk from st kilda but tram stops are really convenient.

It's a very click you hostel. It's hard to make friends. There was 1 shower on the 2nd floor for the men and 4 for the women. Just glad many men were scruffy. The facilities were poor. The staff were ok but of done more. The pub however downstairs was bang on. Brilliant live music just a shame it wasn't busy. The grub was nice as well as the free breakfast. Worst hostel I've been to and I've been in about 15. I wouldn't recommend it.

Hi there, thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback! We have more shower facilities on the 1st floor as there are more beds :) We're sorry you felt the staff could have done more for you, we try our best to help everyone out! The bar is about to get a massive facelift and a new name so watch this space! glad you enjoyed the food and free brekkie! It breaks our hearts to hear you didn't enjoy your experience we would love if we could make it up to you so if you're back in he area call in and we'll sort you out ;)

I extended my stay for three nights, and then on the first night I realized they haven't programmed my door opening card, so I could've easily stayed outside (luckily, the reception was still open - it doesn't work all the time). The morning I arrived, I clearly stated I'll arrive at 7AM, and they let me wait in front of the locked door, because reception opens at 8. Also, wi-fi tends to vary in quality, from great to non-existent.

Hi there! thanks so much for your review we appreciate all feedback!! We are so sorry about the key mishap!! thank you for bringing this to our attention!! As stated on hostelworld reception opens at 8.15, this is also the time staff start their shift so we did not leave you waiting intentionally we promise!! :) :) Sometimes the wifi can vary in signal depending on the weather, the joys of Melbourne Weather!! We hope all other aspects of your stay were enjoyable and we hope to see you again in the future :)

Originally stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was a bit small and incredibly hot due to the time of year. Managed to fluke an upgrade thanks to the owner who just approached my girlfriend and asked what she thought of the rooms. The private with a double bed & tv was pretty sweet!

• 18th Dec 2015

Cheers for the great review :) Hopefully see you guys again in the near future :)

Small and dirty rooms that get very hot, specially on the 2nd floor. You have to rent the cutlery, crockery and lockers, my locker was on the 2nd floor and my room was on the 1st. Ppl gather on the fire escape stairs and without a curfew that means loud music, talking and shouting till the early am and no sleep if you're on that side of the hostel. Showers have mind of their own, won't stay on the same temp any longer then 20 sec. Kitchen is very small and very poorly equipt. Won't stay again!

Hi there, thanks for the review, we appreciate all feedback!! we are very sad to hear you did not enjoy your experience here :( we take deposits for Crockery and locker keys to ensure they are returned, but you get your $10 back once they are returned :) we do have a lot of young backpackers who enjoy the party lifestyle but we do our best to keep the noise to a minimum past 10pm. Thank you for bringing the shower temperatures to our attention we will definitely look into this :) :) If you are back in the area we would love to make it up to you, please do not hesitate to call into the bar and we will look after you :)

I got upgraded for free from a 4 bed to a 2 bed dorm, thx for that:) staff was awesome, value for money is just excellent as it is cheap and you a good a good breakfast, towel, sheets, really good unlimited wifi. Only bad point was the kitchen: it was dirty and smelly as apparently the long termers left their stuff lying around all over. Didnt like it at all but that is not really the staff's fault! They make it up by offering good and cheap meal deals for lunch & dinner! Nice stay all in all!

Cheers for your great review and for the feedback about the long term guests belongings! We will definitely look into this :) Come back soon! :) :)

Bathrooms very dirty. Location not really good, even though there is a tram station not too far away. Staff ok. Irish Pub good, but not crowded.

Hi there, thanks for the feedback we appreciate it! Our cleaners work very hard to keep our little hostel as clean as possible so we are very sad to hear you found the bathrooms dirty :( we are in between chapel street and St Kilda Beach so if you are looking for the St Kilda experience most people love our location especially during summer! If you are looking for the CBD experience we are just a 15 min tram ride away :) The bar is about to get a massive facelift and a brand new name so if you're back in St Kilda in the future come visit again and we will take care of you :)

Small kitchen area and not enough fridges. Great Irish pub downstairs, cheap drink with events almost everyday. Free breakfast is a plus when the bread isn't moldy.

Have stayed here a few times. Staff are really nice and helpful. Cheap backpacker meals in the bar downstairs are good. Will probably be back again.

Thanks for your great review, we look forward to seeing you again mate :)

I loved staying here, it's the best atmosphere of a hostel I've ever stayed at. It's easy to meet people, as long as you hang out in the common space you can meet some great people from around the world. It's a clean place, you feel really safe and the area is great, just a ten minute walk from the beach, close to the tram and bus stops and Chapel St. which has everything you'd ever want. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• 24th Oct 2015

Thanks so much for your lovely review!! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay :) Call back soon ;)

I was impressed with the level of service and attention to detail by staff. I've lived in Melbourne for 10 years and, after a long trip overseas, felt like staying in a backpackers for a night. I had walked by Pint on Punt for many years, and it looked like a nice pub, with good accommodation reviews, so I gave them a go. They took good care of me, upgraded my room, and made for a comfortable stay. Would do it again - private room.

Wow, we really appreciate the lovely review, thank you!! We look forward to seeing you again in the future :)

Great staff, especially the girl on check in and out, like that you got a free breakfast plus cheap meals for lunch and dinner. I ate here every night as the food was tasty and a decent size. I didn't use the kitchen or common room so can't comment on that. Bathrooms were clean except the showers, but seen as a towel was provided I used this on the floor!! Rooms ok but the long termers took over and used all the space. But a good first week, mainly due to the staff!!

Amazing Aussie experience. Lovely atmosphere and great team

• 12th Oct 2015

It´s a really small kitchen and not enough place for all people to cook. Also the frigde is to small. The kitchen was two days not open, and when it´s open only from 8.15am till 9pm. It´s really dirty and loud. There is an Pub, but that´s not the problem. That´s cool, but the Hostel is loud. What´s good? Nearly to St.Kilda, cheap, with movie and you can eat for low at the pub.

Brilliant hostel! Great few months there with some great people! Couldn't recommend the place enough. Great location as well

The bar offers cheap meal deal for backpackers and it's good for value of money. However, the noise from the bar sometimes last till midnight.

Clean, not too overwhelming and soundproof, had a room on top of the bar and couldn't hear the bar which is good, free breakfast was great, however the veggimite had gone stale! Going to stay there again soon!

Small and compact little hostel in a great location with a fun and friendly atmosphere! The housekeepers were friendly and efficient, the free breakfast helped with budgeting and the staff and fellow backpackers were very helpful with getting the most out of your trip. Would stay again.