Pint on Punt Reviews

42 Punt Rd., Windsor, Melbourne, Australia

The place is organised and I enjoyed this place.

• 1st Oct 2014

There is no control about who enter in the hostel, which makes it a very unsafe place. It is really noise, because of the bar and the people (someone put music to play super loud at 7 a.m. the day I was there). And there are people living there and they have take over all the room (leaving no space for new people). In few words, it is a complete mess.

• 1st Oct 2014

Nice and helpfull staff, it might no be very luxurious but it has all a traveller needs which is not easy to find and for reasonable price. Breakfast internet towels great cheap meals and drinks. Good atmosphere in general, might get a bit noisy in the pub a few nights and the kitchen is small but i definately recommend it. Felt welcomed and helped too:)

Free wifi in the hostel and a nice bar ;-)

• 19th Aug 2014

Probably the worst place I've ever stayed in. I'm not a long term traveler which made it very hard to talk to people. Hostel run by long termers and they also sleep in the dorms. Dorms where full of other peoples stuff and dorms were basically used as places to consume alcohol after 22;00 when it wasn't aloud anymore in the common area. One guy from the staff was friendly, rest wasn't. Room smelt like mould. Stayed 2 nights but if I hadn't payed before I would have left right away. Not cool

Hey there!We are very sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience on your stay here.We appreciate all feedback and we are very thankful that you have brought this incident to our attention.We assure you if we had known that people were drinking in the dorms that we would have sorted it out straight away as we have in the past.We strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible.We hope that you will consider staying with us in the future and we will sort you out with a pint :)

the sign for the kitchen said it was to be open at 8 and it was not I had to get someone and they gave me some excuse about why it was not open, then opened it 10 min later. They had a door to go in to register but in tiny print that I had a hard time reading as I did not have my reading glasses on, said that I had to go through the bar to get to registration. They need to put a bigger sign IN the glass part of the hostel door for people! otherwise it was nice.

• 21st Jul 2014

Hey there, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! As we are in the middle of a staff turnover some of the reception staff are still learning the ropes and therefore aren't 100% with the morning routine. We are really sorry about the kitchen incident but we hope that you took advantage of the free breakfast that morning ;) We appreciate your feedback about the sign on the reception and we will definitely take it into consideration. We're so glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay :D

I had made a mistake with my booking and the staff sorted it straight away. Booked a 6 bed dorm and ended up getting a free upgrade to a double room! I was only staying for 1 night and needed to go into the city the next day and the girl at reception let me borrow a tram card instead of payin$6 when i won't need it again. Very nice atmosphere in the hostel and bar. Not a bad word to say!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Thank you David for your awesome review. We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again :)

Staff were lovely and everything was so cheap. Coming back next month

• 6th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review :) :) See you next month!

Had a great stay,staff very friendly,small kitchen but they make up with the free breakfast and good $6 backpacker meals in the bar,I would deffently stay here again

• 3rd Jul 2014

Thank you for your lovely review! We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you again :)

basic hostel nothing fancy but good price.

Hey there, thanks for your review! We appreciate all feedback and love hearing your comments. It is an old little hostel but we try to make it as pretty as possible! We're glad to hear you got value for your money and we hope to see you again in the future!!

Fairly dirty, staff not bothered, noisey from the pub downstairs. Overall cheap for a decent location and I've seen far worse, but there are better options out there for a similar price.

Hey there, Thanks for your review!! We appreciate all feedback and love hearing guests comments. Our cleaners work very hard to keep the our old little building as neat and tidy as possible and we would love to have them around 24/7!! We are very disappointed to hear that you felt staff could have been more helpful to you and we would love to make it up to you in the future!!

This Hostel is good value for money, but there is only a miniature kitchen and a very small additional room, these are the only common rooms. So it's a good place for sleeping but not a good place for hanging out and meeting people. There is Wifi (slow, of course) and breakfast included, so it's a good deal.

Hey there, Thanks for your review. We appreciate all feedback! As we are an old Heritage building, we try to do as much as we can to make the most of our little space! We are looking into extending our common room so watch this space!! We are glad to hear you were happy with our freebies :) We hope to see you again soon!

The atmosphere is very good, excellent restaurant and bar with discounts for backpackers and free breakfast every morning. Rooms quite small with uncomfortable beds but clean as are the bathrooms and good showers. Kitchen very small and completely unusable with very few tools.

Hey there, thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback!! We are happy to tell you that we have replaced all our old mattresses with new comfy ones :) We have also bought a massive 140 piece kitchen set with all the kitchen utensils you can ever think of!! We're glad you enjoyed the deals we offer and we hope to see you again in the future!

Bad atmosphere, dark and dirty, bad location

• 19th May 2014
  • Norway

Hi there, thanks for your review! We are so disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you got a bad impression of the hostel :( We see that you only stayed for 1 night and we can assure you had you stayed longer we would have treated you very well :) We hope you will consider us again in the future!

the location is quite far from the city centre, BUT its very easy to get here by the tram. Very helpful staff and I love the way this room actually attached to a bar below them. Thats just cool. Their facilities quite OK. And the most important thing, I enjoy my stay here

I didn't have a great time at this hostel. I was a lone traveller and most of the people staying here are living here and working in the area. The staff at reception didn't really have any time for guests- they are usually too busy working at the pub, and the reception is only open until 12. Rooms werent very clean, beds uncomfy, not enough showers for the amount of people. I chose this place because it was one of the cheapest but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it!! We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay :( While reception closes at 12, we operate from behind the bar after this time and do encourage all guests to come in to us with any queries as all of our staff are trained to help out our guests. We are replacing all mattresses this month :) We are also renovating 2 showers at the moment which will be up and running very soon :) We hope you will visit us again sometime :)