Pint on Punt Reviews

42 Punt Rd., Windsor, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

For an older person like myself back packers generally would not be my choice but I did enjoy it. The staff were fantastic & their real Irish accents suited the bar area. The meals were like home away from home & the Guiness stout was the best I had ever tasted.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Was one of the cheapest so I wasn't expecting much, but was actually pretty decent. Free wifi was okay and breakfast was good (and free). All in decent hostel, will stay agin when I return to Melbourne

• 1st Apr 2014

Booked for 1 night but now staying here for the next couple of months. Best thing about this place is the staff and the friends I have made here. Really easy to fit in unlike other hostels I have visited.

• 31st Mar 2014

Although The Kitchen and common room were pretty poor, the people here are awesome!!! good vibe and cheap meals made the difference for me. Tram stop pretty much at front door made for eas access to the city

• 30th Mar 2014

My first stop in Melbourne and I wasn't disappointed. Nice Hostel with a great bar downstairs. Everyone was super friendly and the staff were really nice. Free upgrade to a private room was a treat. Kitchen was on the small side but free breakfast and cheap meals in the bar helped.

• 30th Mar 2014

Cheap and cheerful I had a great time staying in the Pint on Punt Hostel. Met some really nice people upstairs in the common room. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, great atmosphere in the bar. The location is perfect, only 5 mins by tram to St. Kilda beach. Also free breakfast, free wifi and $6 backpackers meals in the pub fantastic value. I would recommend anyone visiting Melbourne to stay here!! I will be back :)

• 27th Mar 2014

Thanks so much for your great feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we'd love to have you back any time :)

My friend was bitten by bed bugs on our 1st night. The night manager then argued that the bites were simply mosquito bites and refused to allow her to change beds or even change the sheets! He also said a sexually inappropriate comment to my friend. We stayed 2 nights here and would NOT recommend it. The way the manager dealt with this was atrocious. We received money to wash our clothes and that was all. Some of the staff were really nice and its a shame our stay was ruined by this incident!

• 26th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

I LOVE this hostel! My fav in Oz by far. Free breakfast in morns, $6 meals and 5.50 shots and pints! Atmosphere in the hostel and bar is class and the staff are so helpful!

• 24th Mar 2014

Came back to our private room to find the door unlocked and wide open. Place is a bit dated and in need of tiding up, but pub is great.

Hi Hannah, We are really sorry to hear about this. This is very surprising to us as we have never encountered a situation like this before and we actually pride ourselves on the security of our hostel! We would have loved if you informed us of this situation so that we could have investigated it at the time. It was most likely a matter of a stiff lock, thankfully we have updated all the older locks in the hostel since your stay. We hope to see you in the pub again soon!

Had a great stay here, staff very helpful, kitchen and common room are small but they make up for it in the Irish Pub great value $6 meals would diffidently stay here again

• 22nd Feb 2014

Thanks so much for your lovely feedback! We are awaiting you return :)

The new showes are great, I just wanted to sugest to put some clothing hooks in there because your clothes get wet when you are showering or you have to go through the hostel in your towel

• 21st Feb 2014
  • janniedeleeuw9506

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it! All bathrooms have been fitted with clothes hooks outside the showers and are ready for your return! ;)

Kitchen is tiny. The whole hostel needs a good lick of paint and overall makeover. Common area is also small. $6 meals in pub are good value for money. Normal drink prices are expensive. Free breakfast is ok. I wouldn't stay here again

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Thanks for your feedback! We are actually in the middle of painting the hostel as we speak :) We realise the common area is small but we try to make up for this with Trivia Tuesdays, Karaoke Wednesdays and live entertainment every Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun to keep you entertained! And we also have TV's in most of the private rooms to free up some space! We are looking into expanding the common room so watch this space :) We're glad you enjoyed the $6 meals! We appreciate all feedback :)

Extremely basic, stayed in room for 4 people with my boyfriend we were left with two top bunks, very cramped. Not clean at all! Cleaners were going around everyday but literally emptying the bins. We then moved into a double room for 4 nights which was much better. You get what you pay for. It was a little bit cleaner. More space and had a tv.

Thanks for you feedback! Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your topbunk. Some people love them some people hate them! It is first come first served with both bottom and Top bunks but we're glad to hear you enjoyed your private double room. Our cleaners are very particular with the rooms and as we are an old heritage building they try their best to make them up as nice and pretty as they can! We hope you will visit us again and enjoy the improvements we have been making :)

Nice little hostel in great suburb, cheap meals. Toilets and shower facilities need renovation.

Hi Tina, Thank you for your feedback. We have a renovated bathroom on each other for men and woman, we will hopefully have the others done mid year. Glad to hear you enjoyed the meals.

Not excellent, but good!!!

• 24th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Hi there, Thank you for the feedback, if there is anything specific that we could improve on, it would be great to let us know.

Good hostel with friendly staff. The $6 meal at the downstairs pub was perfect and the complimentary breakfast, much appreciated! Close to tram station and a few minutes walk to the beach along plenty of wallet friendly diners. Helpful staff that let us store the backpacks even after checkout. The only bad thing was the slow wifi, could be temporary though :)

Hey Jacob, Thanks for the feedback, good to hear we are doing something right :) unfortunately the wifi can be abit slow at peak times of the day when every other person is using it also. Thanks again

Free wifi and free breakfast. The staff are really helpful as well. If you are looking for budget accommodation, I'd recommend this place for sure.

It was my 4th time in this hostel. They rennovated bathrooms so not there is no problem with hot water. Also, showers look nice.

Not in the best area. Didn't feel very secure walking around, saw a junkie under the bridge nearby. Staff very helpful and food in pub is good. Rooms have no aircon - slight issue in 42 degree heat.

Kitchen is s×××× and not clean, common room ok but dirty Wifi is good