Pint on Punt Reviews

42 Punt Rd., Windsor, Melbourne, Australia

Probably the worst place I've ever stayed in. I'm not a long term traveler which made it very hard to talk to people. Hostel run by long termers and they also sleep in the dorms. Dorms where full of other peoples stuff and dorms were basically used as places to consume alcohol after 22;00 when it wasn't aloud anymore in the common area. One guy from the staff was friendly, rest wasn't. Room smelt like mould. Stayed 2 nights but if I hadn't payed before I would have left right away. Not cool

Hey there!We are very sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience on your stay here.We appreciate all feedback and we are very thankful that you have brought this incident to our attention.We assure you if we had known that people were drinking in the dorms that we would have sorted it out straight away as we have in the past.We strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible.We hope that you will consider staying with us in the future and we will sort you out with a pint :)

the sign for the kitchen said it was to be open at 8 and it was not I had to get someone and they gave me some excuse about why it was not open, then opened it 10 min later. They had a door to go in to register but in tiny print that I had a hard time reading as I did not have my reading glasses on, said that I had to go through the bar to get to registration. They need to put a bigger sign IN the glass part of the hostel door for people! otherwise it was nice.

• 21st Jul 2014

Hey there, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! As we are in the middle of a staff turnover some of the reception staff are still learning the ropes and therefore aren't 100% with the morning routine. We are really sorry about the kitchen incident but we hope that you took advantage of the free breakfast that morning ;) We appreciate your feedback about the sign on the reception and we will definitely take it into consideration. We're so glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay :D

I had made a mistake with my booking and the staff sorted it straight away. Booked a 6 bed dorm and ended up getting a free upgrade to a double room! I was only staying for 1 night and needed to go into the city the next day and the girl at reception let me borrow a tram card instead of payin$6 when i won't need it again. Very nice atmosphere in the hostel and bar. Not a bad word to say!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Thank you David for your awesome review. We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again :)

Staff were lovely and everything was so cheap. Coming back next month

• 6th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review :) :) See you next month!

Had a great stay,staff very friendly,small kitchen but they make up with the free breakfast and good $6 backpacker meals in the bar,I would deffently stay here again

• 3rd Jul 2014

Thank you for your lovely review! We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you again :)

basic hostel nothing fancy but good price.

Hey there, thanks for your review! We appreciate all feedback and love hearing your comments. It is an old little hostel but we try to make it as pretty as possible! We're glad to hear you got value for your money and we hope to see you again in the future!!

Fairly dirty, staff not bothered, noisey from the pub downstairs. Overall cheap for a decent location and I've seen far worse, but there are better options out there for a similar price.

Hey there, Thanks for your review!! We appreciate all feedback and love hearing guests comments. Our cleaners work very hard to keep the our old little building as neat and tidy as possible and we would love to have them around 24/7!! We are very disappointed to hear that you felt staff could have been more helpful to you and we would love to make it up to you in the future!!

This Hostel is good value for money, but there is only a miniature kitchen and a very small additional room, these are the only common rooms. So it's a good place for sleeping but not a good place for hanging out and meeting people. There is Wifi (slow, of course) and breakfast included, so it's a good deal.

Hey there, Thanks for your review. We appreciate all feedback! As we are an old Heritage building, we try to do as much as we can to make the most of our little space! We are looking into extending our common room so watch this space!! We are glad to hear you were happy with our freebies :) We hope to see you again soon!

The atmosphere is very good, excellent restaurant and bar with discounts for backpackers and free breakfast every morning. Rooms quite small with uncomfortable beds but clean as are the bathrooms and good showers. Kitchen very small and completely unusable with very few tools.

Hey there, thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback!! We are happy to tell you that we have replaced all our old mattresses with new comfy ones :) We have also bought a massive 140 piece kitchen set with all the kitchen utensils you can ever think of!! We're glad you enjoyed the deals we offer and we hope to see you again in the future!

Bad atmosphere, dark and dirty, bad location

• 19th May 2014
  • Norway

Hi there, thanks for your review! We are so disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you got a bad impression of the hostel :( We see that you only stayed for 1 night and we can assure you had you stayed longer we would have treated you very well :) We hope you will consider us again in the future!

I didn't have a great time at this hostel. I was a lone traveller and most of the people staying here are living here and working in the area. The staff at reception didn't really have any time for guests- they are usually too busy working at the pub, and the reception is only open until 12. Rooms werent very clean, beds uncomfy, not enough showers for the amount of people. I chose this place because it was one of the cheapest but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it!! We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay :( While reception closes at 12, we operate from behind the bar after this time and do encourage all guests to come in to us with any queries as all of our staff are trained to help out our guests. We are replacing all mattresses this month :) We are also renovating 2 showers at the moment which will be up and running very soon :) We hope you will visit us again sometime :)

It was a dirty hostel but for the price it was what you pay for.. Wouldn't want to stay for very long though. The kitchen is awful but they have great deals in the bar below for backpackers. The mattresses are bad. Like real bad.

Thank you for your feedback, with really appreciate it! The hostel is cleaned every day and our cleaners work very hard to make our old little building as pretty as they can. We are making weekly improvements and the hostel is looking better than ever! We are also replacing every single mattress in the next few weeks!! So we hope that you will return to enjoy our new improvements :)

Enjoyed my stay at pint on punt hotel. The staff is very friendly and the rooms were pretty clean. I stayed in a 5 bedroom dorm. Im going to stay there in september again because i think its pretty cheap for what you get and the wifi is good breakfast, sheets and towels are included.

For an older person like myself back packers generally would not be my choice but I did enjoy it. The staff were fantastic & their real Irish accents suited the bar area. The meals were like home away from home & the Guiness stout was the best I had ever tasted.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Thanks for the lovely feedback, we really appreciate it! We always have guests from all different age groups and walks of life and enjoy the diversity and fun of learning about everyone's different backgrounds! The Guinness taps will still be here on your return along with a delicious brand new menu :)

Was one of the cheapest so I wasn't expecting much, but was actually pretty decent. Free wifi was okay and breakfast was good (and free). All in decent hostel, will stay agin when I return to Melbourne

• 1st Apr 2014

Thanks for the great feedback :) We're glad you enjoyed all the little conveniences of our Hostel. looking forward to your return!

Booked for 1 night but now staying here for the next couple of months. Best thing about this place is the staff and the friends I have made here. Really easy to fit in unlike other hostels I have visited.

• 31st Mar 2014

Thanks for your lovely review David :)

Although The Kitchen and common room were pretty poor, the people here are awesome!!! good vibe and cheap meals made the difference for me. Tram stop pretty much at front door made for eas access to the city

• 30th Mar 2014

Thanks for your great feedback :) We are glad that you enjoyed the conveniences of our homely hostel! We are looking into expanding our Kitchen/Common Room so watch this space! Hope to see you again soon :)

My first stop in Melbourne and I wasn't disappointed. Nice Hostel with a great bar downstairs. Everyone was super friendly and the staff were really nice. Free upgrade to a private room was a treat. Kitchen was on the small side but free breakfast and cheap meals in the bar helped.

• 30th Mar 2014

Thanks so much for your great feedback! Hope to see you again soon :)

Cheap and cheerful I had a great time staying in the Pint on Punt Hostel. Met some really nice people upstairs in the common room. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, great atmosphere in the bar. The location is perfect, only 5 mins by tram to St. Kilda beach. Also free breakfast, free wifi and $6 backpackers meals in the pub fantastic value. I would recommend anyone visiting Melbourne to stay here!! I will be back :)

• 27th Mar 2014

Thanks so much for your great feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we'd love to have you back any time :)

My friend was bitten by bed bugs on our 1st night. The night manager then argued that the bites were simply mosquito bites and refused to allow her to change beds or even change the sheets! He also said a sexually inappropriate comment to my friend. We stayed 2 nights here and would NOT recommend it. The way the manager dealt with this was atrocious. We received money to wash our clothes and that was all. Some of the staff were really nice and its a shame our stay was ruined by this incident!

• 26th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your feedback. We're sorry that you were offended by a Managers comment. We all like to have a laugh and a joke and I can assure you that he did not mean any offence. We have been trained to deal with pest control situations as best as we can and can usually tell the difference between different bites. As well as that we inspect each bed fortnightly for any evidence of bed bug activity and have not had any incidents as of recent. We would love to make it up to you again ladies :)