Pioneros Hostel Reviews

Los Pioneros 255, El Calafate, Argentina

Nice and big hostel with very friendly staff. Good cooking facilities. Many showers and bathrooms to be used. Room was very small though and was not much space for my stuff. There is no breakfast in the price included but you can get it for extra 100 pesos which is much too expensive.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Poland

Good place to base for cheap, nice warm rooms.staff friendly and helpful ang awesome hot showers!! Towels not included and no plugs in rooms which is pretty annoying as everyone hovers in lounge area to wait in line to charge phones etc. wifi drops in and out and none in the rooms. Need some sort of social activity to get people socialising.

My room wa OT in the hostel. In the other sie oft the road wäre afew rooms above a Garage. Everething was dirty, the lo kers Wege damaged, the roomdoor could not be closed and toilettes and showers were dirty. The blankets looked M like never be washed singe their first use

• 19th Jan 2016

Hostel is a bit far from the town - about 10 mins walk. They charge you extra for a pretty average breakfast and there are no plug sockets in the dorms which Is ridiculous, just means everyone sits around the common areas waiting to charge their phones. We stayed one night in the private room which was much better than the dorms but overall not a great experience

I booked a private room with a private bath. Overall, it was an OK stay. It's not close enough to the center so it's not as good a value as I expected. The room is old and there wasn't a wall outlet to charge my electronics, but there was one in the bathroom, only one. I know that other guests who were in shared dorms, who I met in the lounge area, didn't have outlets in their rooms so they'd come to the lounge to find an outlet. Wifi also only works in the lounge. Breakfast was decent though.

We only stayed for one night at the hostel which meant the location was ok for us but it is quite out of town vs other accomodation at the same price. There is a real lack of basic kitchen equipment and the communal areas arent the most inviting. The rooms themselves are really quite small and overall the place needs some attention to make it worth the price.

We had the best time here at Pioneros hostel, and it's all because of the friendly and charming Juan Pablo! He invited us to party with him and his friends on New Year's Eve, and he booked us into a sold out mini trek on Perito Moreno glacier! The hostel is clean and has super hot water, a great breakfast and an amazing staff!

The hostel is pleasant but overpriced. I stayed over Christmas and was surprised that they did not put much effort into doing anything festive for the guests. The hostel is very strict and has a ridiculous system in which you need to leave a large deposit just to use cutlery. You are also given one key for each dorm to share between 4 people. A member of staff messed up ordering me a shuttle to the airport and I had to fork out for an exoenisve taxi due to his mistake with no apology.

OK for 1 night but better places (both location, friendliness of staff, and atmosphere) at lower rates too. We stayed here to be closer to the bus station. We had not booked but checked rates online. When we asked for the rate, they told us it was XX in peso or $50 USD for the night. Online (hostelworld) it was quoted lower in pesos. However, after booking, the staff said we had to pay the rate in USD. We ended up paying about $10 on Hostelworld.com and then $50 onsite. Major rip off!!!

The room is good (good bed with lights for you read sth at night and curtain in beds for privacy). The bathroom is good too (a lot of space for shower and toilet, normally clean). There is a good kitchen and space for talking, drinking beer, etc. They really need to change the staffs (normally rude, don't give attention or good information, looks like just there for working and receiving payment). I find tours alone, although the staffs sells the tours. They can't help you with good information.

it's a good hostel, even if sometimes it looks really big and a bit like a factory, most of the staff take really care of you the alternative tour is not the best option and can be done by yourself it's better if you really want to enjoy it

This hostel was a lovely set up. Very warm and cozy! The lady who checked us in was really helpful, giving us all the info we needed and more! However a man who worked there was really rude and made me wait 20 minutes to hire a fork so I could eat my dinner. By this time it was cold. The location is about a 7 minute walk from the town so not bad! And in a nice quiet street with a great bakery on the corner! The kitchen is really big and has plenty of utensils. All in all, I would stay here again

Loved the hostel!! Amazingly helpful and friendly staff and the best 'restaurant' in El Calafate - run by a warm and generous team, thank you so much!

• 5th Dec 2015

Is what it is. Cheap and cheerful. No real atmosphere. Staff friendly but I arrived late at night and hostel was hard do find and a bit out of the way.

Nice common area and decent kitchen. The walls are thin and you can hear everything. Bathrooms have plenty of hot water

Average hostel with good kitchen facilities. Breakfast was better than the ones provided in other hostels. However, room had only one socket for charging. Also, there was no pc you could use in the whole hostel. The room door was lockable but the space between the door frame and the door was quite big, resulting to people being able to see you inside your room. Generally clean (although old) and having a hairdryer in the bathroom was a big plus.