Pirwa Backpackers Colonial Reviews

San Francisco Square 360, Cusco, Peru

Good: Located in between plaza de armas and San Pedro market, good location. Staff were nice and friendly. Good security and entertainment Bad: The kitchen staff are slow preparing breakfast (starts at 7) and I had to leave at 7:30 for Machu Picchu also I had a big lunch so I decided to eat at the bar upstairs, the lady didn't know how to make a simple burger and had to ask the other lady and my burger was cold, stale bread, no effort at all.

The showers were too cold.

Really friendly staff, nice hot showers, bar is a nice addition. Maybe a bit of fruit or eggs to be included in the breakfast would have been amazing.

• 6th Jul 2014

Stayed here before and after going to Machu Picchu. A nice relaxing place in a great location right next to the Sunday market. Would definitely stay again or recommend to a friend.

Really enjoyed our stay. It's on San Francisco square, where lies an artisan market, a great place to purchase (and haggle) for some great (and slightly touristy) items. Once inside, the courtyards are open-air. It leads to a really cool atmosphere, but also cold mornings! They made our bed fresh everyday and had warm blankets. At first, I was in a separate room from my friends, but they changed it immediately once we got there! Note: Staff doesn't speak much English, but is very helpful!

• 30th Jun 2014

One front desk staff member was extremely friendly and helpful; as was the owner. I was sick part of the time I was here and the owner checked in on me as well as gave suggestions for medicine to get at the pharmacy. This is an excellent location and value for your money....social environment, but not a party hostel. There are lots of things to do within the hostel: ping pong, darts, pool, bar area, big screen tv.

Good and quite place. Maybe update the breakfast a little bit? Travel agency inhouse. Very nice building. I liked my stay.

The positive points of this hostel was the location. Many of the tours either picked us up a block away or droped us just in front of the hostel.. a great thing after walking for 12 hours around Machu Picchu,. The hostel is very clean and the staff is very very kind and flexible but also makes sure that your things are safe (we left some bags in the storage room and they are always in there with you to make sure you dont take someone else's bag). Downside: Bathrooms, clean but not always hot.

This hostel is OK: helpful staff, clean bedroom, hot shower for real, big room for breakfast/bar and another area for TV/pool table. It's located downtown, near all historical squares and churches. Although it has space and potential to become a party hostel, the place lacks atmosphere... people usually gathered in common areas just to get wi-fi, there wasn't much vibe to socialize. Anyhow, one last positive thing to mention is that they accept credit cards, which is rare in Peruvian hostels.

The shower in the ensuite room was amazing, even if the room itself was tiny. The reception staff were lovely but the hostel unfortunately lacked atmosphere. The bar was dead most nights and the breakfast in the morning was pretty poor. Quite expensive for what it was.

They let us crash in the living room when we arrived at 4am which was nice but apart from that it was a mediocre stay. Staff was not friendly and refuse to give my friend her money back after she woke up with bedbugs. They even lied and said they would change mattress but she wrote an X on it and they just changed the sheets. We moved to a smaller hostel "hitchikers backpackers" which was super friendly and had a great kitchen. I was not impressed with pirwa, it wasnt social either.

Perfect! Nice and welcoming staff Lot of dormitories Lockers for each person. Hot water Good breakfast (bread, butter, jam, coffee, tea, cereals) Tv, pool, lot of couch to relax, bar, kitchen... Perfect!!

Great location and staff. Good value for the area. Very helpful place to stay if doing a trek as there is secure luggage storage and lockers. Good coffee at breakfast. Kitchen is a bit small and not very well equipped so it's difficult to make a full meal in there.

Great location , very chilled hostel. No faults:

Could here everything that went on in this hostel from my bed witch made it hard to sleep. The showers didn't run hot water now and then. Staff didn't understand English very well.night manager got angry if you come in late. Only certain days can you get your laundry done and same for the booking of tourist things

pretty friendly with enough space to hang out or make friends, kitchen sucked but is close to many cheap local places and touristy restaurants so we never had to use it! the disorganised free breakfast was ok, also had option to add extras for little money the problem came after we enjoyed our prebooked 4 days so much that we decided to stay longer, same bed went up 3sol for not booking online & very unfriendly and unaccommodating, even after we asked to save our beds only double rooms were left

A really good hostel! The only thing was that when we needed help, some of the staff did not speak English and wasn't very helpful. But some of the staff was really nice and polite. So overall was it a good hostel!

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

I liked the open-air courtyards, though I imagine they may not be for everyone. Our room had a small space heater which kept the room warm enough.