Pirwa Backpackers Colonial Reviews

San Francisco Square 360, Cusco, Peru

BEST STAFF EVER. I ended up staying here a week longer than planned as it was such a great place. Wasn't over populated, staff were AMAZING, beds were super comfy in dorms. Will definitely stay there again!

Friendly staff Nice location Hot shower WiFi works well

Very friendly and helpful staff!

rooms in the basement felt like a cave.

This place is great, they have been helping me out so much, everything from directions to keep my bags for days to print out some tickets. The staff is great, its clean, good wifi, great location at the san fransisco square, and the 3 computers they have are alright, Free brekky in the morning thats pretty standard just as at other places in peru. Only negative thing i have to say is that its very cold in the room night time, but there as serveral blankets so its alright.

Nice, cheap and quite warm hostel in Cusco. Pool table and guitar. Good breakfast. Just the showers are a little unreliable...

Cheap and cheerful, showers are warm and clean but downstairs. Good free breakfast too. Best budget option right in town centre!

Wi fi signal avaible only on ground floor, poor breakfast, at 7.30 was impossible to buy breakfest from menu were basic breakfest is served since 7.00 AM

First place we stayed at on our trip and in hindsight it is not up to standard. Poor beds, very unclean and smelled! Showers are poor, we stayed in a room that resembled a cave and a shared room both had no natural light which is awful! Could not fault the staff though they were very helpful (excellent)!

Great communal area. We only stayed one night but there seemed to be activities/social things happening every night. Pool table wad a huge bonus but could do with a new white ball

Stayed there for 3 nights. Then, I booked and paid additional 1 night upon my return from Machu Pichu trip. Due to my bus situation, I can only got back to Cusco 1 day later of the date I originally booked. I e-mailed the hostel the day before about my situation. I received no reply whatsoever. When I arrived there, the staff just simply said the booking appears as no-show. The staff did not offer me anything else. Seems like they couldn't be bothered.

Excellent hostel: many facilities and very clean!!! The staff is really friendly and helpfull. Breakfast can be improved.

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Breakfast was the standard bread and jam sort of affair, but you can eggs on top for S1 each if want. The kitchen for guest isn't the best equipped but it does. All in all a nice place to stay.

Great staff, cheerful and helpful. Centrally located yet quiet for sleeping. Rooms slightly smaller than average.

Good: Located in between plaza de armas and San Pedro market, good location. Staff were nice and friendly. Good security and entertainment Bad: The kitchen staff are slow preparing breakfast (starts at 7) and I had to leave at 7:30 for Machu Picchu also I had a big lunch so I decided to eat at the bar upstairs, the lady didn't know how to make a simple burger and had to ask the other lady and my burger was cold, stale bread, no effort at all.

The showers were too cold.

Really friendly staff, nice hot showers, bar is a nice addition. Maybe a bit of fruit or eggs to be included in the breakfast would have been amazing.

• 6th Jul 2014

Stayed here before and after going to Machu Picchu. A nice relaxing place in a great location right next to the Sunday market. Would definitely stay again or recommend to a friend.

Really enjoyed our stay. It's on San Francisco square, where lies an artisan market, a great place to purchase (and haggle) for some great (and slightly touristy) items. Once inside, the courtyards are open-air. It leads to a really cool atmosphere, but also cold mornings! They made our bed fresh everyday and had warm blankets. At first, I was in a separate room from my friends, but they changed it immediately once we got there! Note: Staff doesn't speak much English, but is very helpful!

• 30th Jun 2014

One front desk staff member was extremely friendly and helpful; as was the owner. I was sick part of the time I was here and the owner checked in on me as well as gave suggestions for medicine to get at the pharmacy. This is an excellent location and value for your money....social environment, but not a party hostel. There are lots of things to do within the hostel: ping pong, darts, pool, bar area, big screen tv.