Pirwa Backpackers Colonial Reviews

San Francisco Square 360, Cusco, Peru

Cheap and cheerful, showers are warm and clean but downstairs. Good free breakfast too. Best budget option right in town centre!

Wi fi signal avaible only on ground floor, poor breakfast, at 7.30 was impossible to buy breakfest from menu were basic breakfest is served since 7.00 AM

First place we stayed at on our trip and in hindsight it is not up to standard. Poor beds, very unclean and smelled! Showers are poor, we stayed in a room that resembled a cave and a shared room both had no natural light which is awful! Could not fault the staff though they were very helpful (excellent)!

Great communal area. We only stayed one night but there seemed to be activities/social things happening every night. Pool table wad a huge bonus but could do with a new white ball

Stayed there for 3 nights. Then, I booked and paid additional 1 night upon my return from Machu Pichu trip. Due to my bus situation, I can only got back to Cusco 1 day later of the date I originally booked. I e-mailed the hostel the day before about my situation. I received no reply whatsoever. When I arrived there, the staff just simply said the booking appears as no-show. The staff did not offer me anything else. Seems like they couldn't be bothered.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

Excellent hostel: many facilities and very clean!!! The staff is really friendly and helpfull. Breakfast can be improved.

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Breakfast was the standard bread and jam sort of affair, but you can eggs on top for S1 each if want. The kitchen for guest isn't the best equipped but it does. All in all a nice place to stay.

Great staff, cheerful and helpful. Centrally located yet quiet for sleeping. Rooms slightly smaller than average.

Good: Located in between plaza de armas and San Pedro market, good location. Staff were nice and friendly. Good security and entertainment Bad: The kitchen staff are slow preparing breakfast (starts at 7) and I had to leave at 7:30 for Machu Picchu also I had a big lunch so I decided to eat at the bar upstairs, the lady didn't know how to make a simple burger and had to ask the other lady and my burger was cold, stale bread, no effort at all.

The showers were too cold.

Really friendly staff, nice hot showers, bar is a nice addition. Maybe a bit of fruit or eggs to be included in the breakfast would have been amazing.

• 6th Jul 2014

Stayed here before and after going to Machu Picchu. A nice relaxing place in a great location right next to the Sunday market. Would definitely stay again or recommend to a friend.

Really enjoyed our stay. It's on San Francisco square, where lies an artisan market, a great place to purchase (and haggle) for some great (and slightly touristy) items. Once inside, the courtyards are open-air. It leads to a really cool atmosphere, but also cold mornings! They made our bed fresh everyday and had warm blankets. At first, I was in a separate room from my friends, but they changed it immediately once we got there! Note: Staff doesn't speak much English, but is very helpful!

• 30th Jun 2014

One front desk staff member was extremely friendly and helpful; as was the owner. I was sick part of the time I was here and the owner checked in on me as well as gave suggestions for medicine to get at the pharmacy. This is an excellent location and value for your money....social environment, but not a party hostel. There are lots of things to do within the hostel: ping pong, darts, pool, bar area, big screen tv.

Good and quite place. Maybe update the breakfast a little bit? Travel agency inhouse. Very nice building. I liked my stay.

Water was not working over 2 days (at all), internet did not work, lockers broken in the room, and staff were unbelievably rude and lied blatantly. Left early because it was so awful.

The positive points of this hostel was the location. Many of the tours either picked us up a block away or droped us just in front of the hostel.. a great thing after walking for 12 hours around Machu Picchu,. The hostel is very clean and the staff is very very kind and flexible but also makes sure that your things are safe (we left some bags in the storage room and they are always in there with you to make sure you dont take someone else's bag). Downside: Bathrooms, clean but not always hot.

This hostel is OK: helpful staff, clean bedroom, hot shower for real, big room for breakfast/bar and another area for TV/pool table. It's located downtown, near all historical squares and churches. Although it has space and potential to become a party hostel, the place lacks atmosphere... people usually gathered in common areas just to get wi-fi, there wasn't much vibe to socialize. Anyhow, one last positive thing to mention is that they accept credit cards, which is rare in Peruvian hostels.

The shower in the ensuite room was amazing, even if the room itself was tiny. The reception staff were lovely but the hostel unfortunately lacked atmosphere. The bar was dead most nights and the breakfast in the morning was pretty poor. Quite expensive for what it was.