Pirwa Backpackers Familiar Reviews

Calle Carmen Alto # 283, Cusco, Peru

Excellent and helpful staff. Close to Plaza de Armas, but quiet. Clean. Solid breakfast for suramérica. Unfortunately, I was hit and miss on hot showers, but I know my friends got consistently hot showers, so I was unlucky or had bad timing.

A sweet hostel with cosy rooms. Bathrooms always felt clean. Only criticism is that it was very cold at night, even with an extra blanket.

• 21st Jul 2014

A great hostel close enough to the sights but away from the noise. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the rooms were very clean. The breakfast was simple and small, the hot water is constant but occasionally slows. Internet speed was good. Overall a good place to stay, you'll get good value for your money considering this hostel's location in such a busy tourist city.

Although dated and in need of a little fixing up it had wifi, plenty of hot water, a decent breakfast, and a community kitchen. The rooms are small and pretty clean (some stains on the blankets, a little mildew in the bathroom, but nothing gross). If you're on a budget then it's a great deal at $25 per night for two people in a double bed w/ bathroom. The staff are extremely helpful and pleasant.

Good place but not the best in Cusco. Breskfast is good, wifi is ok and hot showers work well.

Great location!

We stayed here 6 nights, it's a beautiful place with nice and helpful staff, clean rooms and clean bathrooms. The kitchen could be better equipped and cleaner. Lugagge storage is possible and safe. Nice Patio with flowers and wooden chairs. Breakfast is included and good (bread, marmelade, cereals).

Stayed here one night, arrived really late after inca trail and the staff were very helpful. The hostel had a lovely atmosphere overall with people hanging out in communal areas. Didn't have breakfast but it was offered. Showers were hot but not the cleanest.

• 2nd May 2014

My main issue was that my room was very dark, with no outside windows & the skylight was covered. It was also cold, but it's always cold inside in Peru and a semi-functional heater was provided. No one ever told me where I could get tea or what the rules were regarding the kitchen. The few times I asked for something, the request was either ignored or took a while to be fixed. However I only paid $12 a night so I feel like you get what you pay for! No problems with security and staff were nice.

• 29th Apr 2014

very nice small and quiet hostel in San Blas. No English spoken by the owner. Our room was nice and cosy, it feels like you're renting a room in a house. Gets very cold at night and there is no heating so be prepared to be cold if you want to use the kitchen but we were fine. They also kept our bags for 3days as we were doing the Inca trail. No problem at all, I recommend it.