Pirwa Backpackers Familiar Reviews

Calle Carmen Alto # 283, Cusco, Peru

Great hostel if your looking for a relaxed and peaceful hostel

Pirwa familiar is a quiet cusco address, not much of an atmosphere. Nice small well kept rooms. Showers werent always the best, unreliable. Staff were all very sweet, my Spanish is limited so couldn't get much info from them. Located close to the main plaza but the quieter end of the square. If ur looking for a more social time look elsewhere.

The location is nice, however I don't think it is even close to being worth the money they charge. It is also very cold, breakfast is not so great and the water gets only slightly warm for a couple minutes. The staff is nice.

I stayed at Pirwa after returning from my trek and it was the perfect place. Hostel was tucked into a corner of San Blas - quiet enough for rest and close enough to Plaza San Blas. I would definitely return if I'm in Cusco again.

Staff was friendly and good environment

• 25th Sep 2013

This is a nice hostel but be warned its very cold there. There was also a problem with our booking in that our room was given to someone else on the 1st night we'd booked it. We were offered a better room but for more money and as we're on a strict budget that wasn't much use to us. They didn't understand the concept of a discount seeing as it was their mistake, even after I spoke to head office.

Great hostal, it has all the facilities you need. The staff has been very nice and helpful ( a change from my past experience in Cuzco). They organise fun activities and its quiet at night.

Nice hostel, though a little off the beaten track. Quite quiet - expect somewhere to rest and hide from Cusco's hagglers, rather than somewhere to sit and have a beer with other travellers. Some nice restaurants in the area, particularly the creperie next door for brek. Night porter is an ass. 6am arriving on a night bus after a jungle trip, they'd cocked up our room booking. Didn't offer any alternatives, and refused to give us our deposit back - eventually had to email mgmt to get it back.

First of all the hostel is really cold both during the day and the night, this is partly because there is no sun in the courtyard but also because there is absolutely no heating in the hostel. Then there is the kitchen which is terrible; it´s cold, you have to pay 15 soles to use the oven which defeats the purpose of using it when a meal in a restaurant cost like 20 soles! The included breakfast is really poor, there is not enough of anything and just in general it´s a really bad breakfast that wasen

• 21st May 2013
  • Denmark

I like the mood, the staff and the location, but aspects are poor, for example, its very difficult to deal with the shower: too cold or too hot. the internet is only accesible at some spots, the breakfast is poor.

• 2nd May 2013

Location good, but incorrectly stated position here on Hostelworld on the map and poorly described street on GoogleMaps. Which makes the hostel without taxi unfindable. :(( Please fix it. Nice atrium and lowely rooms. Good time here.

It's an ok hostel for the price you pay. Stayed in a double room, bed was a bit small and it can be cold at night. Breakfast is basic but good, the staff can help you with tours and trips.

Good party hostel, but overpriced. You are paying extra for the party.

This hostel is a great pick if you're looking for somewhere quiet to relax and recharge. The area is lovely and Bohemian, and close enough to the central Plaza. I was slightly annoyed at having my room moved 3 times, but at the end of the day the place is great value for money, clean and peaceful.

Really liked this hostel!! Cooking facilities are a big crappy but really loved the location in the artesian section of the city and just generally a cute lil place!!! Not a party place which was perfect for me also!!

I booked single ensuite, but this was not possible for the price so I got single with shared bathroom. Good location, breakfast ok.

I´ve always really enjoyed my stays and look forward to going back there. The staff are very friendly and weloming and make you feel at home. The place is kept spotlessly clean, lovely clean and comfofortable beds, and I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. I feel it is excellent value for money an I feel very at home there and wouldn´t think of staying anywhere else unless I had to. Good to have hot water eveyday as well

• 12th Feb 2013

This hostel has lots of character and you feel very welcome. The staff were great, most helpful. I arrived at 5 in the morning and they found me a room I could rest in until my actual room was ready. They also had two very friendly kittens on my visit. Wifi good but don't expect much from their computer - I gave up very quickly as it was very slow. I would stay here again.

This was a really nice hostel - however I found it a little cold. The rooms only have small windows (or in our case a sky light) so the sun does not shine in. Also you need to walk across a small court yard to get to the bathrooms. It wasn't the end of the world but when we returned from the Inca trail I wished we'd splashed out a little on a warmer hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6