Pirwa Backpackers Nazca Reviews

Av. Maria Reiche #304, Nazca, Peru

The owner was lovely, the room was large and clean. They let me lounge around all day waiting for a night bus and I even got a lift to the station! They also let me check out late when my nazca flight was changed.

Description was quite a lot different to actual hostel. No kitchen/ common area. In saying that it was a pleasant stay. Had a dorm to ourselves. Hot showers and nice breakfast.

Really nice breakfast! Got a free lift to busstation. And the 6 bed dorm were really big. Good wifi.

A great, convenient place to stay. Marcus picked us up from the bus station and arranged both our flight over the Nazca lines and a private tour of the surrounding archaeological sites. The breakfast was very good, and the rooms and common areas were great. My wife and I would definitely stay here again.

• 23rd Jul 2014

I arrived in nasca around 11pm and I didn't know that the hostel offers free pick ups, so it was nice for them to pick me up at the bus station. The hostel was nice, I was given a towel and a bar of soap free of charge. The only down side are the two señoras who work there, they don't seem to know how the system work, as I booked mine from hostelword I've already paid my stay partially. Other than that, great stay.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The owner organised tours for us and gave us a free ride to the bus station when we left. The building had old-fashioned charm, especially the alligators sun bathing in the courtyard. Dormitory was clean and comfortable. Front door always locked, so good for security. Wifi mostly OK.

Fast wifi, good staff, free bus pickups and drop offs, offers great tours, and free big breakfasts compared to most hostels. Relaxing atmosphere

Good clean hostel with friendly and helpful manager who can arrange nazca lines tours at the drop of a hat. A locked security room and TV room would bring the security and facilities ratings from good to excellent.

We reserved a room in the pirwa hostel, but were given a room in the adjoining camiluz hostel. Pleasant staff but little to no atmosphere or natural light. Shower was warm but no more than a trickle. Nice to be picked up and dropped off at the station but staff seemed pushy about booking tours/positive ratings. Advertised kitchen was out of bounds, even to wash hands.Far out from central nasca and beware the benevolent old women offering to do your laundry, it's extortionate even for Peru.

• 8th Apr 2014