Pirwa Hostel La Paz Reviews

Av. Montes 641, Two blocks of bus terminal, La Paz, Bolivia

A little shabby on the outside, but really nice on the inside, this place is clean, has a HOT shower, really warm down blankets on comfortable beds, a decent breakfast, and the nicest girl (Maria I think?) helping with tourist info. Only a few minutes walking from the bus station, and a few minutes in the other direction from the main tourist blocks. Only complaint would be that I booked an all female room and was put in what seemed to be a renovated walk in closet?? Had it all to myself so w/e

Very Friendly and helpful staff. Amazing bar area built into the mountain. Laundry was nice and quick and breakfast was fine (sugar puffs, bread, jam, banana & tea/coffee). Would have been nice to have access to the kitchen facilities for travellers. Travel desk helped organise my trip to cusco via Copacabana with Titicaca travel (Not the best busses). Not a party hostel when I was there but could be amazing in a group. Great sleep & good wifi. Recommended.

This hostel got a good location, close to the bus station! They have comfy beds, and the staff is very helpful! The bathroom deserve to be a bit more clean!

Reasonably good hostel and good location for the bus station and getting around the city. Showers intermittently hot but comfy beds. Not a party hostel by any means but nice bar and good cheap food offered.

Unfortunately our stay at this hostel was marred by security failings along with a disinterested and sometimes downright rude attitude on display from several staff members. We additionally found the travel service to be somewhat lacking in organisation and the salt flat tour we did buy offered very poor value for money. It was not what was promised as the guide did not speak English or give any information in any language at all, merely driving us around for the day.

• 26th Jul 2015

The beds are amazing! Real down pillows and a real duvet - not just blankets. Showers with hot water! Nice breakfast tray which makes the breakfast routine fast. A bit cold as it is a large common space. Just 10 min walk to the center.

A nice small hostel located around the corner from the Loki party hostel. Like all of Bolivia the wifi is patchy but better than most places. The staff helped me with a problem with getting some lost luggage back from another hostel which was great. A nice place to stay if you want a mix of party and actually getting sleep.

This place wants to be a Party Hostel even when the Guest are not into it...The Central Bar plays overly Loud Music until past 1AM when there is no one in the Bar except for people trying to use the weak WiFi signal! I requested breakfast on my arrival day as I would be leaving before breakfast on my departure day & was rudely denied... I requested a Taxi to the airport for my early departure & they couldn't even get that right...I ended up flagging one on the street for Half the price quoted!