Pirwa Hostel La Paz Reviews

Av. Montes 641, Two blocks of bus terminal, La Paz, Bolivia

Unfortunately our stay at this hostel was marred by security failings along with a disinterested and sometimes downright rude attitude on display from several staff members. We additionally found the travel service to be somewhat lacking in organisation and the salt flat tour we did buy offered very poor value for money. It was not what was promised as the guide did not speak English or give any information in any language at all, merely driving us around for the day.

• 26th Jul 2015

A nice small hostel located around the corner from the Loki party hostel. Like all of Bolivia the wifi is patchy but better than most places. The staff helped me with a problem with getting some lost luggage back from another hostel which was great. A nice place to stay if you want a mix of party and actually getting sleep.

This place wants to be a Party Hostel even when the Guest are not into it...The Central Bar plays overly Loud Music until past 1AM when there is no one in the Bar except for people trying to use the weak WiFi signal! I requested breakfast on my arrival day as I would be leaving before breakfast on my departure day & was rudely denied... I requested a Taxi to the airport for my early departure & they couldn't even get that right...I ended up flagging one on the street for Half the price quoted!

The staff at Pirwa were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hostel has a nice relaxed atmosphere and some quirky original touches. It is located very close to the bus station, but a little out of town. Four bed dorm was really nice and spacious although I've slept in more comfortable beds! Good big lockers were big enough for backpacks.

I was so disappointed with our stay at this hostel, we arrived from a night bus at 6am having previously informed staff we would arrive early. Arrived at the hostel in the dark and it was freezing cold only to be told we couldn't come in even to sit at the lobby. Really wasn't nice as two females travelling in La Paz while a bunch of men circled us, was frankly terrified and was so shocked that I literally had to beg staff to let us in. wouldn't recomend if you're planning on arriving early!

Although I really wasn't a fan of la Paz I really liked the hostel, staff were lovely, and beds were so comfy. We loved the bar but just be careful coming up and down the stairs-especially when you've been drinking.

Definitely not a party hostel, but also not great for a good nights sleep, loud floors and doorbell from 7ish every morning. Breakfast was shocking, the coffee was poor and the bread is so hard. But they do have feather pillows and blankets so that's a plus.

3 people including me got food poisoning from the kitchen food the vegetable wok! and they didn't care.

• 17th Feb 2015