Pirwa Hostel La Paz Reviews

Av. Montes 641, Two blocks of bus terminal, La Paz, Bolivia

I was so disappointed with our stay at this hostel, we arrived from a night bus at 6am having previously informed staff we would arrive early. Arrived at the hostel in the dark and it was freezing cold only to be told we couldn't come in even to sit at the lobby. Really wasn't nice as two females travelling in La Paz while a bunch of men circled us, was frankly terrified and was so shocked that I literally had to beg staff to let us in. wouldn't recomend if you're planning on arriving early!

Although I really wasn't a fan of la Paz I really liked the hostel, staff were lovely, and beds were so comfy. We loved the bar but just be careful coming up and down the stairs-especially when you've been drinking.

Definitely not a party hostel, but also not great for a good nights sleep, loud floors and doorbell from 7ish every morning. Breakfast was shocking, the coffee was poor and the bread is so hard. But they do have feather pillows and blankets so that's a plus.

3 people including me got food poisoning from the kitchen food the vegetable wok! and they didn't care.

• 17th Feb 2015

I liked the hostel a lot! Beds are comfy and the house is nice! However it's quite noisy. Furthermore the staff at check in didnt explain me about wifi, breakfast, the surroundings! I had to ask for all the information! Hostel is clean! Bar upstairs is a nice social place at night!

Even though it doesn't seem very nice from the outside, once you arrive at the first floor of the building you find a nice hostel. Most important of all, beds are just great, hot water does work and the internet connection too. I just stayed only for one night, but I would recommend it. It doesn't seem to be a party hostel so I found everything I needed for a quiet day in La Paz.

Great value for money. The beds were warm and comfy, helpful staff, bar was a nice area to relax, good location (to bus terminal and city centre), bread & cereal breakfast always good. Negatives ~ no kitchen, bathrooms are small/nowhere to change/water temperature varies from warm to cold/not very private, wifi is on/off (but they have computers to use).

Extremely friendly staff, located close to BUs terminal as well as the touristic area. Awesome hot water showers. Allows early check in if beds are ready. Only -ve is the stairs one has to climb to get in. Not really too bad but expect little panting give the low oxygen level in La Paz. I had booked for one night, ended up staying 4, would stay again if there

Kitchen was there but we weren't allowed to use it, very annoying for those suffering altitude sickness and need to make tea. Communal bathrooms were a bit unnecessary. No where to put your clothes or get dressed in private. The place certainly needs more staff, a bar is useless if you have to walk down the (dangerous) stairs to get a un refrigerated drink. Place has the bare bones, but needs work. I also got lost returning from the bathroom due to shotty renovations. Oh and no hot water!

A good location, close to the bus station and to the city centre. The beds are very comfortable, with warm duvets. There is a bar area but the noise does not travel to the dorm we were staying in. The showers are temperamental, varying in water pressure and going from scalding to cold quite quickly. Wifi is typically on and off. No kitchen. A nice base from which to spend a few days exploring La Paz.

It provides lockers with charger and there is giant locker for your whole backpack in your room too. It is located between the bus terminal and san francisco church (15 minutes each) Staff was very helpful. I just stayed for 1 night and it allowed me to keep my big luggage for nearly a week free for my amazon trip. Even when i returned from my trip, it helps me with express laundry service too.

Wifi never worked. Hot water never worked. The bathrooms were awful.! They did have comfy beds.. This was probably the only positive! ;(