Pirwa Hostel La Paz Reviews

Av. Montes 641, Two blocks of bus terminal, La Paz, Bolivia

Kitchen was there but we weren't allowed to use it, very annoying for those suffering altitude sickness and need to make tea. Communal bathrooms were a bit unnecessary. No where to put your clothes or get dressed in private. The place certainly needs more staff, a bar is useless if you have to walk down the (dangerous) stairs to get a un refrigerated drink. Place has the bare bones, but needs work. I also got lost returning from the bathroom due to shotty renovations. Oh and no hot water!

A good location, close to the bus station and to the city centre. The beds are very comfortable, with warm duvets. There is a bar area but the noise does not travel to the dorm we were staying in. The showers are temperamental, varying in water pressure and going from scalding to cold quite quickly. Wifi is typically on and off. No kitchen. A nice base from which to spend a few days exploring La Paz.

It provides lockers with charger and there is giant locker for your whole backpack in your room too. It is located between the bus terminal and san francisco church (15 minutes each) Staff was very helpful. I just stayed for 1 night and it allowed me to keep my big luggage for nearly a week free for my amazon trip. Even when i returned from my trip, it helps me with express laundry service too.

We found this hostel to be fine for a couple of quiet nights in La Paz ahead of our Death Road trip. I'd recommend it if you want a good nights sleep(the beds are amazing) however there isn't too much else on offer. There wasn't really any atmosphere, there weren't enough power outlets in the dorms, the toilets constantly ran out of toilet paper and the hot water was pretty much non-existent. Overall not bad but there are definitely better places in La Paz for the same price.

Showers were sometimes cold, sometimes warm. Comfy beds. I went back there a second time and would again. Good value.

Very nice hostel and great staff - I would like to recommend that hostel to every travelers :)

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Great beds in the 8 bed dorm. You hear ALL the traffic but this room is furthest away from the communal areas, so it's quiet in that regard. Good size lockers and free lockers in reception to charge electronics. Bring your own toilet paper.

staff where always helpful and came to the embassy to help my friend with translation, beds where way to comfy, location was great, showers where not the best and had to get in early

It's a quiet hostel, the beds are good, has a nice lounge space and it's mostly a secure place to a have a good night sleep. It's clean.

The hostel is situated close to the touristic zone, which is nice! The hostel itself has all the basic facilities and great beds with warm sheets! There is hot water however the water pressure is very low, so difficult to wash your hair.. But if you are just staying for one or two nights the hostel is fine.

Good hostel, with very nice blankets. The showers aren't so hot, but on the whole this is an excellent hostel.

Located between town and the busstation, which i found very good. Quite big, and you can't cook your own food, but it's probably cheaper to get street food anyway!

Good, central hostel in La Paz!

The bar is a fun place to hang out for a more relaxed feel than some of the la Paz party hostels. The steep stairs speed the acclimitization process! Overall good atmosphere for young travelers, and the back garden is awesome!

Overall, what this hostel has to offer, for the price is excellent. Large beds with thick duvets - though the rooms are freezing cold. Warm showers, average breakfast, good evening meals. It's a fairly quite hostel however, and I wouldn't recommend it for younger travellers who are looking to meet people of similar ages.

Very noisy, creaky floorboards. The 10-bed dorm has a window onto the street with no curtain and is extremely noisy from about 7 onwards. Although there is a bar, it is separate from the hostel, and seemed pretty dead every night. Staff are friendly but disorganised - they booked us the wrong bus, forcing us to stay an extra night (for free). We wanted more compensation for this inconvenience, but they refused and said the staff member who made the mistake had to pay for all compensation.