Pirwa Hostel La Paz Reviews

Av. Montes 641, Two blocks of bus terminal, La Paz, Bolivia

The staff at reception were great. Kitchen and cleaning staff, however, could be quite rude and unwilling to help. Night lights and cell phone outlets for charging are needed for each dorm bed.

Excellent spot next to the terminal. Will help set up tours or anything else. Let me shower mid trip even though I wasn't staying a while night

All in all a good stay. The breakfast is great the bar area great. A bit quiet for people but loud for music and the rooms are all off the main corridor so it's loud at night and early morning. Bring ear plugs. Otherwise a great hostel that looks dodgy from the outside but is lovely on the inside. Beds very comfortable and duvets warm.

Excellent staff and travel agent, down comforter beds, good wifi, clean facilities and hot showers, cool bar atmosphere with lovely breakfast. The staff really cared about my well-being, when I felt sick they gave me altitude medication and followed up with me and how I was feeling, they let me borrow a free lock when they are usually only for purchase, and upgraded my room for 2 nights for free. One of the best hostels I have stayed in throughout Central and South America, cannot beat the value

• 11th Nov 2015

Bathrooms absolutely disgusting. Door broken to the women's area so everyone can see you showering. Luke warm showers. Sheets don't stay on the beds. Room is dingy and broken down.

What a horrible experience. The 2 person room was a literal closet-had to take turns in the room getting ready for bed. The only thing that seperated us from the noise was a piece of plywood. We got NO sleep b/c the party going on until 6am! HORRIBLE customer service: wouldn't give us a refund for the next night (had planned to stay 2 nights) told me we should have walked through the bar in our pjs to the reception so that they could tell people to be quiet (yeah right) and were generally awful.

Loved it here in Pirwa. While La Paz isn't my favourite destination, staying in Pirwa definitely made my stay better. Awesome staff (especially Christian), cool view from the roof, clean rooms, solid brekkie, good atmosphere, and in a good location just out of the hustle. Would definitely recommend.

basic facilities, friendly staff, internet average, a lot of smokers in common patio. Breakfast ok but also basic. In total hostel was average.

very nice staff good beds

Ok hostel, but nothing special. Not a party hostel despite it wanting to be. Hence they should turn the music down in the bar area as no one is there. Beds are very comfy. Bathrooms are ok but do have hot showers! Death road tour organised from the hostel was really good as it was just myself and my friend.

A little shabby on the outside, but really nice on the inside, this place is clean, has a HOT shower, really warm down blankets on comfortable beds, a decent breakfast, and the nicest girl (Maria I think?) helping with tourist info. Only a few minutes walking from the bus station, and a few minutes in the other direction from the main tourist blocks. Only complaint would be that I booked an all female room and was put in what seemed to be a renovated walk in closet?? Had it all to myself so w/e

A bit of a trek from the old town but that seems fairly normal in La Paz. In-house travel agency helped us book bus tickets to Cochabamba and advised on how to get to Coroico. Fun bar area for breakfast and drinks in the evening, though no kitchen facilities

A nice escape from crazy party hostels. Hot showers, comfy beds, helpful staff. Pretty decent wifi too, I was able to skype and FaceTime.

Very Friendly and helpful staff. Amazing bar area built into the mountain. Laundry was nice and quick and breakfast was fine (sugar puffs, bread, jam, banana & tea/coffee). Would have been nice to have access to the kitchen facilities for travellers. Travel desk helped organise my trip to cusco via Copacabana with Titicaca travel (Not the best busses). Not a party hostel when I was there but could be amazing in a group. Great sleep & good wifi. Recommended.

This hostel got a good location, close to the bus station! They have comfy beds, and the staff is very helpful! The bathroom deserve to be a bit more clean!

Reasonably good hostel and good location for the bus station and getting around the city. Showers intermittently hot but comfy beds. Not a party hostel by any means but nice bar and good cheap food offered.

Unfortunately our stay at this hostel was marred by security failings along with a disinterested and sometimes downright rude attitude on display from several staff members. We additionally found the travel service to be somewhat lacking in organisation and the salt flat tour we did buy offered very poor value for money. It was not what was promised as the guide did not speak English or give any information in any language at all, merely driving us around for the day.

• 26th Jul 2015

The beds are amazing! Real down pillows and a real duvet - not just blankets. Showers with hot water! Nice breakfast tray which makes the breakfast routine fast. A bit cold as it is a large common space. Just 10 min walk to the center.