Pirwa Hostel La Paz Reviews

Av. Montes 641, Two blocks of bus terminal, La Paz, Bolivia

Close to the bus terminal and centre of town. Stayed in 4 bed dorm but has shared bathroom facilities which was adequate but the hot water was playing up most times. Lockers were of ok size, can get away with locking ~20L pack. Dorm only had 1 PowerPoint(!) so couldn't really charge my electronics overnight. Breakfast was standard, nothing overwhelming and not buffet which is a bummer for big brekkie eaters like me!

simple, nice old building. I found the staff really friendly. our showers were naff. comfy bed

It is a good option in the middle of the city. Positive: Location is great, breakfast is good and you can book tours straight from the hostel. Staff is helpful and beds are comfy. Negative: I had problems with the heat in the showers. It worked for a minute or two and then it got freezing cold. They didn't have a lot of outlets that worked for charging phones. Over all a good, cheap option if you go to La Paz.

Really nice staff. Needs more cleaning in toilets. A bit loud in the night. But a good place to rest after visiting LaPaz!

Mixed feelings about this hostel. Pros: the rooms are great with comfy beds, showers are usually hot, breakfast is decent, meals are ok, the bar area is pretty social, short walk to the witches market. Cons: some of the staff seem under trained, in fact the reception is under staffed. They tried to charge me twice for laundry and somehow had no idea I had made a reservation using hostel world. They tried to charge another guest in my room twice for his accommodation too. Good value for $$$

Nice hostel, good location!

Pirwa is a very good hostel. It has a great location about a 4 minute walk to the bus station but also close to everything else you may want to see. The outdoor terrace was an amazing place to watch New Years fireworks and the bar had some awesome specials. It isn't a party hostel but it's easy to meet other people over a drink. We would definitely stay at Pirwa again if we went back to La Paz

A good option in La Paz. The common area is amazing, the food has a reasonable price and is good. It´s hard to find hot water and the wi fi is bad.

Really nice hostel with an amazing roof terrace. Location is great and wifi worked. Showers and bathrooms were mostly clean. Only problems were that the air didn't change at the room at all - no windows, no air conditioner -, and that the doorbell could be heard really loud in the room. Staff was nice and flexible

Great terrace with view of La Paz. Very close to main bus station. Best WiFi in Bolivia (still terrible, this Bolivia!). Charging lockers in reception for your electronics (but no sockets dorms). Showers were mostly hot. Stayed about a week either side of a climb of Huayna Potosi, atmosphere varied, depending on guests. Good place to stay in La Paz.

This is a solid budget option few minutes walk from the main square. The room whilst not very big was very clean. The bed is comfy and breakfast isn't bad. The staff are very friendly and provide tourist information. It's a good value option.

Comfy beds, clean hostel. Good location. Good basic breakfast, could do with another bread roll. I was standing outside for 20 minutes as I got off the overnight bus and nobody heard me ringing and then was told we weren't expecting you when I had make a reservation face to face with another staff member and said I would be getting off an overnight bus and coming straight there. She hadn't written any of it down. Apart from that very nice, would stay there again.

Only had a very short stay so hard to comment properly but no major complaints.

The beds were comfy and all had individual lockers. The location is great. The one major negative was the shower and toilet facilities - only two each for the boys and girls in the whole hostel. The water was usually warm rather than hot and one of the girls toilets didn't flush properly

Great basic hostel in the middle of where you want to be in La Paz. Good breakfast, clean bathrooms and bedrooms (even though they were a little dank and smelly). Cool bar carved out of the rocks!

The staff at reception were great. Kitchen and cleaning staff, however, could be quite rude and unwilling to help. Night lights and cell phone outlets for charging are needed for each dorm bed.

Excellent spot next to the terminal. Will help set up tours or anything else. Let me shower mid trip even though I wasn't staying a while night

All in all a good stay. The breakfast is great the bar area great. A bit quiet for people but loud for music and the rooms are all off the main corridor so it's loud at night and early morning. Bring ear plugs. Otherwise a great hostel that looks dodgy from the outside but is lovely on the inside. Beds very comfortable and duvets warm.

I liked this hostel. Its not a party hostel like Loki or Wild Rover, but it has a cool bar-area and a nice little rooftop with an amazing view over the city. Cool, chilled out atmosphere. Met a lot of nice people here, and the staff was really friendly and helpful as well. Showers were sometimes freezing but the beds were pretty good. Would recommend if you want to meet others but not up for british/australian go-hard-all-night-partying. :-)

Excellent staff and travel agent, down comforter beds, good wifi, clean facilities and hot showers, cool bar atmosphere with lovely breakfast. The staff really cared about my well-being, when I felt sick they gave me altitude medication and followed up with me and how I was feeling, they let me borrow a free lock when they are usually only for purchase, and upgraded my room for 2 nights for free. One of the best hostels I have stayed in throughout Central and South America, cannot beat the value

• 11th Nov 2015