Pirwa Hostel La Paz Reviews

Av. Montes 641, Two blocks of bus terminal, La Paz, Bolivia

This place wants to be a Party Hostel even when the Guest are not into it...The Central Bar plays overly Loud Music until past 1AM when there is no one in the Bar except for people trying to use the weak WiFi signal! I requested breakfast on my arrival day as I would be leaving before breakfast on my departure day & was rudely denied... I requested a Taxi to the airport for my early departure & they couldn't even get that right...I ended up flagging one on the street for Half the price quoted!

The staff at Pirwa were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hostel has a nice relaxed atmosphere and some quirky original touches. It is located very close to the bus station, but a little out of town. Four bed dorm was really nice and spacious although I've slept in more comfortable beds! Good big lockers were big enough for backpacks.

I was so disappointed with our stay at this hostel, we arrived from a night bus at 6am having previously informed staff we would arrive early. Arrived at the hostel in the dark and it was freezing cold only to be told we couldn't come in even to sit at the lobby. Really wasn't nice as two females travelling in La Paz while a bunch of men circled us, was frankly terrified and was so shocked that I literally had to beg staff to let us in. wouldn't recomend if you're planning on arriving early!

Although I really wasn't a fan of la Paz I really liked the hostel, staff were lovely, and beds were so comfy. We loved the bar but just be careful coming up and down the stairs-especially when you've been drinking.

Definitely not a party hostel, but also not great for a good nights sleep, loud floors and doorbell from 7ish every morning. Breakfast was shocking, the coffee was poor and the bread is so hard. But they do have feather pillows and blankets so that's a plus.

3 people including me got food poisoning from the kitchen food the vegetable wok! and they didn't care.

• 17th Feb 2015

I liked the hostel a lot! Beds are comfy and the house is nice! However it's quite noisy. Furthermore the staff at check in didnt explain me about wifi, breakfast, the surroundings! I had to ask for all the information! Hostel is clean! Bar upstairs is a nice social place at night!

Even though it doesn't seem very nice from the outside, once you arrive at the first floor of the building you find a nice hostel. Most important of all, beds are just great, hot water does work and the internet connection too. I just stayed only for one night, but I would recommend it. It doesn't seem to be a party hostel so I found everything I needed for a quiet day in La Paz.

Great value for money. The beds were warm and comfy, helpful staff, bar was a nice area to relax, good location (to bus terminal and city centre), bread & cereal breakfast always good. Negatives ~ no kitchen, bathrooms are small/nowhere to change/water temperature varies from warm to cold/not very private, wifi is on/off (but they have computers to use).

Extremely friendly staff, located close to BUs terminal as well as the touristic area. Awesome hot water showers. Allows early check in if beds are ready. Only -ve is the stairs one has to climb to get in. Not really too bad but expect little panting give the low oxygen level in La Paz. I had booked for one night, ended up staying 4, would stay again if there