Pirwa Hostel La Paz Reviews

Av. Montes 641, Two blocks of bus terminal, La Paz, Bolivia

We found this hostel to be fine for a couple of quiet nights in La Paz ahead of our Death Road trip. I'd recommend it if you want a good nights sleep(the beds are amazing) however there isn't too much else on offer. There wasn't really any atmosphere, there weren't enough power outlets in the dorms, the toilets constantly ran out of toilet paper and the hot water was pretty much non-existent. Overall not bad but there are definitely better places in La Paz for the same price.

Showers were sometimes cold, sometimes warm. Comfy beds. I went back there a second time and would again. Good value.

Very nice hostel and great staff - I would like to recommend that hostel to every travelers :)

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Great beds in the 8 bed dorm. You hear ALL the traffic but this room is furthest away from the communal areas, so it's quiet in that regard. Good size lockers and free lockers in reception to charge electronics. Bring your own toilet paper.

It's a quiet hostel, the beds are good, has a nice lounge space and it's mostly a secure place to a have a good night sleep. It's clean.

The hostel is situated close to the touristic zone, which is nice! The hostel itself has all the basic facilities and great beds with warm sheets! There is hot water however the water pressure is very low, so difficult to wash your hair.. But if you are just staying for one or two nights the hostel is fine.

Good hostel, with very nice blankets. The showers aren't so hot, but on the whole this is an excellent hostel.

Located between town and the busstation, which i found very good. Quite big, and you can't cook your own food, but it's probably cheaper to get street food anyway!

Good, central hostel in La Paz!

The bar is a fun place to hang out for a more relaxed feel than some of the la Paz party hostels. The steep stairs speed the acclimitization process! Overall good atmosphere for young travelers, and the back garden is awesome!

Overall, what this hostel has to offer, for the price is excellent. Large beds with thick duvets - though the rooms are freezing cold. Warm showers, average breakfast, good evening meals. It's a fairly quite hostel however, and I wouldn't recommend it for younger travellers who are looking to meet people of similar ages.

Very noisy, creaky floorboards. The 10-bed dorm has a window onto the street with no curtain and is extremely noisy from about 7 onwards. Although there is a bar, it is separate from the hostel, and seemed pretty dead every night. Staff are friendly but disorganised - they booked us the wrong bus, forcing us to stay an extra night (for free). We wanted more compensation for this inconvenience, but they refused and said the staff member who made the mistake had to pay for all compensation.

Front desk staff were very nice and helpful, but a little bit slow. The staff at the restaurant/bar were not helpful at all and sometimes refused to serve food for no particular reason. They seemed more intent on partying themselves than helping anyone else

The staff and the beds are among the best I´ve ever known in hostels. good atmosphere and excellent value. The lockers are a touch small. Also the showers can be cold in the morning but if you wait till the afternoon or evening they are good.

This place is maybe worth it for the proximity to the bus station and the low cost but if I'd stayed longer in La Paz, I'd have gone to a different place. It's loud in the morning, there wasn't any hot water in the showers until the evening (at which point it alternated between a scalding hot dribble and freezing cold) and the staff was hit or miss - some were great, some were really unapproachable. Also no basic kitchen facilities.

I was very happy with stay at Pirwa Hostel. I booked for 2 nights and stayed for 7. The staff were friendly and helpful. I made a mistake in my original booking and only realised it on the day that I was supposed to arrive. I emailed them about it and they did not charge me ( although they were entitled to do so ). I respect them for that

Hostel was fine but that's all. The showers were terrible, a drip of cold water, breakfast was a chunk of bread and weak coffee and the wifi was poor. Location was good and the staff were helpful but I would imagine there are better options.

ZACH IS AMAZING!! He works at the front desk and helped us such much with everything on our trip. He called us cabs, got our bus tickets and hostel reservations for us in areas outside of la paz, let us store our backpacks in his office for days, and let us hang out in the hostel lobby using the wifi and showering even the day after our reservation. He's amazing. The entire staff is very laid back and accommodating.

• 5th May 2014

We enjoyed our stay here, clean and tidy and wot hung walking distance of most attractions in the city.

Totally worth it! The front staff, The maintenance staff, the bar staff ADN tour staff artery super friendly! The beds are adult size and the duvets are so warm!