Pirwa Hostels Machu Picchu Reviews

Tupac Inca Yupanqui # 103, Machu Picchu, Peru

Perfect for a couple of nights before and after Machu Picchu. Breakfast from 4.30am, nice staff, spacious room... Couldn't have asked for anything else!

Left 2 snickers in the fridge on Wednesday - help yourself

Served it's purpose; somewhere to stay before going to Machu Picchu. Nothing great. Hot showers, breakfast from half 4.

The hostel is Ok, I only stayed there for a night and the host was good. Sometimes there were nobody at the front desk so that made anyone who wanted to enter and go to the rooms... Breakfast is Ok, and the room was ok too. Hott showers and clean.

The staff was good, room average however what was the greatest pronlem was quite mouldy odour.

This is an expensive area in general so it's ok for Macchu picchu but I certainly wouldn't say it's the best hostel we've ever stayed in. It's quite loud from the street noise and smells damp everywhere. The pros are that it's close to the bus up to Macchu Picchu, breakfast is included (bannanas, bread, jam, coffee/tea) and it starts at 4:30 so you can eat before you go to Macchu picchu. Free wifi too good signal.

Let's see: hot showers, delicious breakfast ready at 4:30am, clean room, and the wifi works. And it's about as cheap as anything you'll find in aguas calientes. What more could a Machu Pichu traveler want?

• 9th Oct 2014

Machu Picchu is so expensive...this place is not spectacular but it's worth the money. As many say it is quite dump but you get an electric dehumidifier in the room which is good!

A good place to stay for one night, but they could improve the facilities such as bathroom or broken windows. But everything in Aguas Calientes is expensive in comparison with other places in Peru, so it's ok for the price.

I just stayed here one night, basically few hours before my trip to Machupicchu so I can't say much. The beds were confortable and very nice crew.

I'd really recommend this Hostel. It's nearly of good points of the city, the rooms are comfortable and the staff helped me and my friends a lot!

very friendly, met me off the train, clean and comfortable. Kitchen available to make hot drinks. good value.

• 7th Aug 2014

I thought it was fine for a couple of nights, nothing special but comfortable beds... My complaint is that the bathrooms were not maintained at all, staff didn't seem to want to do much, but overall not a bad experience

Everything you could want from a hostel near the airport. Very helpful staff. On time transfers. Quiet restful sleep. Highly recommend!

Clean and easy check in!

They arranged for pick up from train station!!! I was surprised. Breakfast is served very early with good food before going up to Machu Picchu. The room is good. I did not find it's mouldy. I would recommend this place to friends.

View all Machu Picchu Hostels