Pirwa Hostels Machu Picchu Reviews

Tupac Inca Yupanqui # 103, Machu Picchu, Peru

The hostel was very comfortable, and the staff friendly. Only stayed one night but it was perfect. Breakfast was good although the make sure you wake up early. Overall a very a nice stay!

• 28th Jun 2015

Excellent buffet breakfast with bread, jam, squash, tea, coffee, cereal, yoghurt and bananas. The receptionist was very helpful in giving information about Machu Picchu. The shower pressure and temperature was the best we have had in Peru. There is a kitchen available for use and plenty of food shops and restaurants nearby. Overall pleased we chose this hostel for our stay in Aguas Calientes.

• 17th Jun 2015

Very good for one night

• 29th May 2015

We had such a great time in Pirwa hostal. The staffs were very cool and polite. They helped us to find a good and cheap guide for Machu Pichu. We loved!

• 24th May 2015

The hostel was okay. They kept the sheets clean, but the bathrooms were a mess. The shower heads sprayed in all different directions, none of which sprayed on you. To top it off the entire place smelled of mold and was very stinky.

Decent and surprisingly not a busy one. I've heard there are cheaper options around, but I'm ok with this one. I've booked a dorm bed though bcuz there was no one else,I pretty much had the whole room!

The prices for a room in this town are pretty expensive relative to the rest of Peru and I thought this place was a good value considering that. The shower was good, bed comfy, and basic breakfast good enough. It is slightly out of the way location wise, but this means nice and quiet/peaceful. My only issue was, like others mention, the smell. It wasn't terrible, but there was a distinct stale/sour smell in the room. Clearly some moisture issues. Even so, I would come back.

View all Machu Picchu Hostels