Pirwa San Blas Hostel Reviews

Tandapata 670, San Blas, Cusco, Peru

Hot shower and WIFI work well. Breakfast ok, room spacious, internal windows (typical in Peru).

Excellent and helpful staff. Close to Plaza de Armas, but quiet. Clean. Solid breakfast for suramérica. Unfortunately, I was hit and miss on hot showers, but I know my friends got consistently hot showers, so I was unlucky or had bad timing.

A sweet hostel with cosy rooms. Bathrooms always felt clean. Only criticism is that it was very cold at night, even with an extra blanket.

• 21st Jul 2014

A great hostel close enough to the sights but away from the noise. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the rooms were very clean. The breakfast was simple and small, the hot water is constant but occasionally slows. Internet speed was good. Overall a good place to stay, you'll get good value for your money considering this hostel's location in such a busy tourist city.

Although dated and in need of a little fixing up it had wifi, plenty of hot water, a decent breakfast, and a community kitchen. The rooms are small and pretty clean (some stains on the blankets, a little mildew in the bathroom, but nothing gross). If you're on a budget then it's a great deal at $25 per night for two people in a double bed w/ bathroom. The staff are extremely helpful and pleasant.

Good place but not the best in Cusco. Breskfast is good, wifi is ok and hot showers work well.

Great location!

We stayed here 6 nights, it's a beautiful place with nice and helpful staff, clean rooms and clean bathrooms. The kitchen could be better equipped and cleaner. Lugagge storage is possible and safe. Nice Patio with flowers and wooden chairs. Breakfast is included and good (bread, marmelade, cereals).

Stayed here one night, arrived really late after inca trail and the staff were very helpful. The hostel had a lovely atmosphere overall with people hanging out in communal areas. Didn't have breakfast but it was offered. Showers were hot but not the cleanest.

• 2nd May 2014

My main issue was that my room was very dark, with no outside windows & the skylight was covered. It was also cold, but it's always cold inside in Peru and a semi-functional heater was provided. No one ever told me where I could get tea or what the rules were regarding the kitchen. The few times I asked for something, the request was either ignored or took a while to be fixed. However I only paid $12 a night so I feel like you get what you pay for! No problems with security and staff were nice.

• 29th Apr 2014

very nice small and quiet hostel in San Blas. No English spoken by the owner. Our room was nice and cosy, it feels like you're renting a room in a house. Gets very cold at night and there is no heating so be prepared to be cold if you want to use the kitchen but we were fine. They also kept our bags for 3days as we were doing the Inca trail. No problem at all, I recommend it.

Great hostel if your looking for a relaxed and peaceful hostel

Pirwa familiar is a quiet cusco address, not much of an atmosphere. Nice small well kept rooms. Showers werent always the best, unreliable. Staff were all very sweet, my Spanish is limited so couldn't get much info from them. Located close to the main plaza but the quieter end of the square. If ur looking for a more social time look elsewhere.

The location is nice, however I don't think it is even close to being worth the money they charge. It is also very cold, breakfast is not so great and the water gets only slightly warm for a couple minutes. The staff is nice.

I stayed at Pirwa after returning from my trek and it was the perfect place. Hostel was tucked into a corner of San Blas - quiet enough for rest and close enough to Plaza San Blas. I would definitely return if I'm in Cusco again.

Staff was friendly and good environment

• 25th Sep 2013

This is a nice hostel but be warned its very cold there. There was also a problem with our booking in that our room was given to someone else on the 1st night we'd booked it. We were offered a better room but for more money and as we're on a strict budget that wasn't much use to us. They didn't understand the concept of a discount seeing as it was their mistake, even after I spoke to head office.

Great hostal, it has all the facilities you need. The staff has been very nice and helpful ( a change from my past experience in Cuzco). They organise fun activities and its quiet at night.

Nice hostel, though a little off the beaten track. Quite quiet - expect somewhere to rest and hide from Cusco's hagglers, rather than somewhere to sit and have a beer with other travellers. Some nice restaurants in the area, particularly the creperie next door for brek. Night porter is an ass. 6am arriving on a night bus after a jungle trip, they'd cocked up our room booking. Didn't offer any alternatives, and refused to give us our deposit back - eventually had to email mgmt to get it back.

First of all the hostel is really cold both during the day and the night, this is partly because there is no sun in the courtyard but also because there is absolutely no heating in the hostel. Then there is the kitchen which is terrible; it´s cold, you have to pay 15 soles to use the oven which defeats the purpose of using it when a meal in a restaurant cost like 20 soles! The included breakfast is really poor, there is not enough of anything and just in general it´s a really bad breakfast that wasen

• 21st May 2013